Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Pokiedots wrote: »
    I dont even know how it happened but I was down 8.5 at weigh in tonight, thrilled!

WOW! :eek:

Well done to you :D I hope you're feeling great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Pokiedots wrote: »
    I dont even know how it happened but I was down 8.5 at weigh in tonight, thrilled!

Wow that's brilliant go you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nownow**

Hi Everyone!

Back at ww for 2 months now (third time in the programme!) and have been at a brick wall with my last 7 pounds before goal for weeks now! Came back after christmas lucky only 1lb up (phew!) and was really looking forward to ss because I have a big appetite and before when I would run out of pp I had no will power to stop snacking!!

So first week in.. planned, prepared, tracked and a teeny bit of exercise I was feeling great! Had a bottle of wine and a few voddys and d.7up at the weekend.... which then of course led to a binge Sunday but at the same time I had had a great week so was skipping to class on Tues but ended up loosing just 1lb :mad: I was so disappointed!!!! I am loosing faith in ss now and I feel like that was the boost I needed to get me over my last few pounds.

The thread is great, seeing a lot of post similar to my feeling which is reassuring.

Vowed to now drink this weekend but that is very unrealistic, aaaaaand isn't weightwatchers all adapting the programme to your life??! :rolleyes:;)

P.S.... Massive fan of Quark! Have made a couple of recipes using it and its great as alternative to spreads and sauces! I highly recommend the mushroom pate in the week 1 book of ss!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

nownow** wrote: »
    but ended up loosing just 1lb :mad: I was so disappointed!!!!

Don't be disappointed... you lost this!

1lb-fat-mug.jpg

(The fat, not the mug. I hope you never lose your mug!)

Slow and steady weight loss is the way to go if you want to keep it off and avoid loose skin and everything else that comes with it. You are right on track and even closer to your goal weight now. Keep that up and you'll be there in 6 weeks! :D

I've never tried Quark but I am intrigued by it. I imagine it as some sort of gloopy white mess. Is it tasty? Does it taste like cheese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Was doing so well...ate half a jar of nutella last night! So annoyed at myself! Oh well 5 days to put it right, no weekend treats for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Hey all,

Long time lurker, occasional poster :)
    I'm in WW a long time, have a gold card, and tend not to veer too far off my goal+5lb.
    But I ate an unbelievable amount of rubbish over the Christmas, there was no reining it in at all an I'm over my goal by stone. So I went back last week and was delighted to have lost 4.5lbs on Tuesday.

So its back to basics for me. Though I think I'll still be counting propoints, I'll be incorporating as many foods as possible from the SS list.
    Just on the portion side of SS, someone mentioned earlier, and I thought it was fab advice...
    when dishing up potatoes, pasta, rice etc, ask yourself "is this a portion for someone who wants to loose weight".

Maybe those who have never tracked at all or are new to the plan have a freer rein, but those of us who know what 6 propoints of rice/pasta looks like, should use a bit of common sense and not eat 10 points worth cos the book says we can.

And Foxed, I loved your image of the fat:Pvery motivating.

Best of luck everyone!

PS Chong, I'll be stalking your blog for WW friendly recipes:pac:, I was a big fan of you on da telly!

nownow** wrote: »
    Had a bottle of wine and a few voddys and d.7up at the weekend.... which then of course led to a binge Sunday

I think losing a pound on SS after having drinks and a binge is good work! I wouldn't be too disheartened.. You managed to enjoy yourself and lose some weight.. WIN - WIN :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Foxed wrote: »
    Don't be disappointed... you lost this!

1lb-fat-mug.jpg

(The fat, not the mug. I hope you never lose your mug!)

Slow and steady weight loss is the way to go if you want to keep it off and avoid loose skin and everything else that comes with it. You are right on track and even closer to your goal weight now. Keep that up and you'll be there in 6 weeks! :D

I've never tried Quark but I am intrigued by it. I imagine it as some sort of gloopy white mess. Is it tasty? Does it taste like cheese?

thinking visually like this keeps me going!! thanks for the reminder :-)
    love this positive post - loose skin was a bit of a worry of mine with very quick weight loss - i'm doing millions of excercise these days and feel pretty confident that it won't be an issue! have never tried Quark- i imagine it's like philladelphia, but thicker? probably wrong! ...:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

hi all, amazing losses even the 1lbs - was delighted to see the image if the 1lb of fat again, always makes it hit home how good the losses are even if they seem small :-)
    have not been back yet myself after my 2 week break - will be using my final pre pay next week.

am back on track, have gotten myself very organised again. have kept up my couch to 5k, am now on week 5 day 2 (tomorrow morning), and am giving it welly. Have changed my thinking on it and it is becoming more and more enjoyable each time even though i'd be cursing during it!! Getting better :-) Was even looking up 5k races... (!) Bit soon for that maybe, but feeling good about it. Decided also to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Have done two days of it in a row so far as well as my runs, have also improved my thinking with regard to food and did a shopping where i bought low point snacks. Stocked up on my faves so I should be ok this week :-)

For any of ye who would be interested, the 30 day shred is on youtube! It's great, I just pop the laptop on the floor, lash out the yoga mat and bobs me auntie! i remember trying this workout about 3 years ago, and i swear I was panting and wheazing within 2 minutes of the warmup. That was a huge motivation to do it through on the first day and only be sweating a bit - and to have finished it strongly. Gave it more welly second day and was in bits but omg! Delighted :-) Not worrying about the scales this week, worrying about getting myself as organised as possible and putting some good things in place for myself. Have taken all of my measurements and taped them onto the back of my calendar - have written it out for the next 2 months too, and will take them on the same date every month. This will help me see what's changing, even if my weight isn't I think this is important for me in particular as I am doing a lot more excercise than I would have before - I think there will be a lot of muscle happening that might not necessarily show on the scales, so am looking forward to seeing the inches drop and my body take shape!

Sorry such a long post, hope everyone is having a good weekend and finds the time to give themselves the gift of health and happy body feelings! it's so much better and the earth won't fall apart...learning that :-)

does anyone use a wii for excercise and to monitor their weight loss too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Woop! Down 2.5lbs this week on Simple Start so I am back to only 1lb above goal. Hoping to get below goal for next week by sticking to the Simple Start again! Loving it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

metime wrote: »
    am back on track, have gotten myself very organised again. have kept up my couch to 5k, am now on week 5 day 2 (tomorrow morning), and am giving it welly. Have changed my thinking on it and it is becoming more and more enjoyable each time even though i'd be cursing during it!! Getting better :-) Was even looking up 5k races... (!) Bit soon for that maybe, but feeling good about it. Decided also to start Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Have done two days of it in a row so far as well as my runs, have also improved my thinking with regard to food and did a shopping where i bought low point snacks. Stocked up on my faves so I should be ok this week :-)

For any of ye who would be interested, the 30 day shred is on youtube! It's great, I just pop the laptop on the floor, lash out the yoga mat and bobs me auntie! i remember trying this workout about 3 years ago, and i swear I was panting and wheazing within 2 minutes of the warmup. That was a huge motivation to do it through on the first day and only be sweating a bit - and to have finished it strongly. Gave it more welly second day and was in bits but omg! Delighted :-) Not worrying about the scales this week, worrying about getting myself as organised as possible and putting some good things in place for myself. Have taken all of my measurements and taped them onto the back of my calendar - have written it out for the next 2 months too, and will take them on the same date every month. This will help me see what's changing, even if my weight isn't I think this is important for me in particular as I am doing a lot more excercise than I would have before - I think there will be a lot of muscle happening that might not necessarily show on the scales, so am looking forward to seeing the inches drop and my body take shape!

I am doing c25k as well and I love it. I got to the end of week 5 before but then got sick so only getting back to it again recently. I started from week 3 again and I am finding I am running faster than in the running intervals than I had done previously. I am also a big fan of 30 Day Shred. I did it before to get in shape for a holiday and it was a miracle worker. I must start doing it again.
    Woop! Down 2.5lbs this week on Simple Start so I am back to only 1lb above goal. Hoping to get below goal for next week by sticking to the Simple Start again! Loving it!

Congrats on the loss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Everyone's doing so well. Really encouraging me to go back properly to WW. Someone mentioned joining the UK one if I do it online but since I live in Germany I'll join the one here. What I did before was go to classes here and then, whenever I was back in Ireland (once or twice a year) I'd go to a class and "rejoin" - was nice to be able to get my little electronic card from Ireland updated and, even though I'm kind of used to kilos, pounds and stones just mean so much more when it comes to my own weight.

I wasn't supposed to weigh myself until the end of the month but I really needed to make sure things were going in the right direction so I called into the chemist's today and hopped up on the scales. 3 kilos (just over 6.5lbs) down since the start of the month. I'm so thrilled, you wouldn't believe it. Was out at the market just before that and bought mountains of veg so I'm all set to spend an hour or two in the kitchen tomorrow making soups and that for during the week. Need to get out then and have a decent walk - that makes all the difference. I joined in someone's online stairs challenge for the new year, too, so have been remembering to make sure to walk up the stairs from the train every day. So far that's working out too. Feeling much more positive at the moment. :)

Tomorrow I'm also going to dig out a CD of upbeat but not too fast or too annoying music. I am a hopeless morning person but really want to try getting in some stretching type exercises, maybe even some push-ups or sit-ups - since I never got around to losing the weight before my 30th I'm much more nervous about making it most of the way there by my 40th and having the whole loose skin issue to live with. I decided a good way to start would be to just do a really small amount so I'm going to find a song that plays for about three minutes and have that lined up to play first thing in the morning. Get up, stagger to the bathroom, come back to the living room and hit play before falling back into bed. Falling back into bed after the three minutes is done is allowed but hopefully with time I'll feel so great afterwards, I won't even want to. Then I can build up to two songs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I am doing c25k as well and I love it. I got to the end of week 5 before but then got sick so only getting back to it again recently. I started from week 3 again and I am finding I am running faster than in the running intervals than I had done previously. I am also a big fan of 30 Day Shred. I did it before to get in shape for a holiday and it was a miracle worker. I must start doing it again.

Me too! Did Week 5 Session 1 this morning. Really looking forward to the next 30 minutes tomorrow morning all going well! I'm terrible to keep going with exercise but with this, I have a plan and I can really see my fitness improving day by day!

I've started doing some F+H days and some SS days - hoping this will keep me more in line this week! Really want a loss on the scales! I've two weddings coming up this year and really want to get to goal before the first one arrives in July!

Also while I think of it, has anyone any tips on what I can do about minimising the baby belly pouch? Would the 30 day shred help?

metime wrote: »
    For any of ye who would be interested, the 30 day shred is on youtube!

Oh thanks for this, would love to try it! Going to start today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Would anybody be able to tell me who the leader is in Navan these days?

I'm trying to encourage my Mam back but she's reluctant to go to the leader she used to have.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Are our propoint values and the american ones the same? Looking at some recipes online that have the values in.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

-2.8 in today's weigh in makes 6lb in 2 week, very happy,

Used all daily and weeklys, but no exercise this week. Next week I'm going to try and spread out weeklys instead of having 2 days with 50+ points.

Did shopping in Aldi for a change, recommend chocolate rocky rice bars at 2pp and metropolis popcorn only 4pp a bag yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Starting to wonder if the app I use to calculate points is right - It's telling me there's 2pp in a small packet of meanies (from a multipack) - Surely too good to be true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

jubella wrote: »
    Starting to wonder if the app I use to calculate points is right - It's telling me there's 2pp in a small packet of meanies (from a multipack) - Surely too good to be true?

That sounds about right to me tbh. There are 2PP in Chikatees as well AFAIK. :)

That sounds about right to me tbh. There are 2PP in Chikatees as well AFAIK. :)

Really? Wow! I'm a fiend for crisps when I want a treat, but have been sticking to the likes of Walkers Lights for 3pp, and they're a bit tasteless. Delighted to know there are tastier treat options out there that don't have a lot of pp! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The WW Ready Salted crisps are quite nice, so are Velvet Crunch and Treble Crunch. Treble Crunch are 3PP I think but quite nice, worth the 3PP IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I missed my meeting but im down a pound. So im back to 2 to goal. This last half stone has been very tough to beat! Is there anyone here that's running in Dublin city centre? Where's safe or nice for a jog? Is there a running club I could join?

Would anybody be able to tell me who the leader is in Navan these days?

I'm trying to encourage my Mam back but she's reluctant to go to the leader she used to have.

Thanks a million!

Not from Navan so not sure but you could ring the head office and they'll be able to tell you. Or you're best bet is to ask in the Facebook group where there's more traffic and most likely someone from Navan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

You're very good Duffy, have you a link to that page?

shhling wrote: »
    Are our propoint values and the american ones the same? Looking at some recipes online that have the values in.

No they're different. You're best off pointing all recipes yourself as the brands you would use are different so may differ in points so it's always best to double check.

You're very good Duffy, have you a link to that page?

I'm on my phone so can't link but if you type in Weight Watchers Ireland and the group is the one with 1232 members. You should get someone who is from Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

Morning all,

Feeling very pleased with myself this morning, was 4lbs down and considering its my TOM I am delighted with that!! Had a couple of lunches out last week (including chips) but found I was so stuffed I didn't want dinner either nights so with my 49 extra points I was fine. Was feeling a bit miserable all weekend as I have a really heavy cold but for once I didn't turn to junk food to cheer myself up :) I have been craving chocolate but I find a teaspoon of Nutella for 2 points satisfy's the craving, sometimes I'll have it on a toasted crumpet for 4 points for an extra treat!

Now I just need to organise myself for lunches and dinners for the week ahead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hey All, I don't think SS is working for me. I love it and its so easy but I'm just not losing weight the same way I would when counting points! And with a wedding rapidly approaching in the summer and 2 stone to lose its back to counting from here on in. Its definitely a useful lesson on F+H foods and making better choices but I just keep eating too much! :(

In other better news - did Week 5, Session 2 of c25k today! And it was GREAT!! :) Feeling so good and really notice my fitness improving. Now its really getting tough though - tomorrow will see me jogging for 20 minutes non-stop! Wish me luck!!! :D

Having quite a bad week this week. I'm doing exams at the moment so eating properly has been at the back of my mind. I'll be happy if I haven't put on weight this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Bad week here also, up 1.5lbs.

Seem to be gaining and losing the same 2 to 3 lbs for about 6 months now.

Joined last end March and only 21.5lbs lost in total.

Feeling unmotivated :(

Advertisement