Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Bad week here also, up 1.5lbs.

Seem to be gaining and losing the same 2 to 3 lbs for about 6 months now.

Joined last end March and only 21.5lbs lost in total.

Feeling unmotivated :(

21.5lbs is a great loss. If you hadn't joined you could have gained that 21.5lbs or more in that time.

Stick with it and just remember people lose weight in their own time. Its not a race - you will get there in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

21.5lbs is a great loss. If you hadn't joined you could have gained that 21.5lbs or more in that time.

Stick with it and just remember people lose weight in their own time. Its not a race - you will get there in the end!

Thanks Tiny Penguin :)

I know you're right but I just seem to keep falling into my old over eating routines time and time again and I need to break that cycle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey All, I don't think SS is working for me. I love it and its so easy but I'm just not losing weight the same way I would when counting points! And with a wedding rapidly approaching in the summer and 2 stone to lose its back to counting from here on in. Its definitely a useful lesson on F+H foods and making better choices but I just keep eating too much! :(

In other better news - did Week 5, Session 2 of c25k today! And it was GREAT!! :) Feeling so good and really notice my fitness improving. Now its really getting tough though - tomorrow will see me jogging for 20 minutes non-stop! Wish me luck!!! :D

I just finished week 5 day two as well! I had planned to have finished week 5 at today's run but my head was not in the game when I tried day 2 of it 2 days ago, found it much easier today! Thank feck! Wahoo, go us :-) bit nervous about the 20min run, would love to have gotten that done today, was thinking of repeating day 2 of week 5 out of nervousness but don't want to. Besides I've already filled in mycalendar with the runs all the way up until it finished, as an incentive tto keep it up!! Are you skipping a day in between? Are you taking weekends off?

All the weight watchers food is reduced in Dunne's. Felt like I'd struck gold in there yesterday, the pasta sauces are a euro, the tins of soup are 50cent, jam is just over a euro, cake slices and biscuits and slimbos are a euro :) lots of other reduced ww stuff as well. That along with my big box of shredded wheat and gallon of slimline milk, I'm pretty well set for a successful week of good eating it seems and hopefully the weight loss to match. Am thinking of going bk today to stock up on the sauces, ready meals and some other things! They are so feckin' handy! Would be morto at the till though buying like 30 ww products !!!!?????? Also....15g bags of popcorn are amazing! 2pp, been having that with an apple and a Muller light yoghurt ...3points! Epic.

Oh thanks for this, would love to try it! Going to start today :)

Did you get shredded then? :-D I missed my shred workout yesterday, could barely lift my handbag after 3 days of it on too of my other excercise ha ha ha! Enjoyed the break yesterday, will be doing it today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

metime wrote: »
    All the weight watchers food is reduced in Dunne's. Felt like I'd struck gold in there yesterday, the pasta sauces are a euro, the tins of soup are 50cent, jam is just over a euro, cake slices and biscuits and slimbos are a euro :) lots of other reduced ww stuff as well. That along with my big box of shredded wheat and gallon of slimline milk, I'm pretty well set for a successful week of good eating it seems and hopefully the weight loss to match. Am thinking of going bk today to stock up on the sauces, ready meals and some other things! They are so feckin' handy! Would be morto at the till though buying like 30 ww products !!!!?????? Also....15g bags of popcorn are amazing! 2pp, been having that with an apple and a Muller light yoghurt ...3points! Epic.

I would stay away from the WW products as much as possible tbh. Full of salt and other additives. You're far better off making your own!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

Hi All, I have tried so many diets in the past and not succeeded with any of them. I desperately need to lose weight as over recent years I have been on anti depressants and gained several stone. My cholesterol is high as is my blood pressure. I am a male of 29 and feel horrible. I cannot get myself motivated even though I know the consequences.

I have been looking at doing Weight Watchers or Atkins, probably weight watchers but can anyone give any advice on motivation/enthusiasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eatwatchdress

I would stay away from the WW products as much as possible tbh. Full of salt and other additives. You're far better off making your own!

I totally agree with you - the number of ingredients in them is enough to tell you they're bad for you! All the deserts have artificial sweeteners too. Make your own sauces, etc, and they're much cheaper and better for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Good afternoon lovely WW folk,

Had my weigh in yesterday and despite my concerns last week I managed to shed a tidy 4 pounds last week, needless to say I am chuffed. I should be counting my lucky stars with this positive start because its going to slow down soon enough.

So far:

Weigh in day - January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    II - January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    II - January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs

( Week 2 - that drop for me has to be alot to do with water weight / fake weight and may even be an affect this week )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I have been looking at doing Weight Watchers or Atkins, probably weight watchers but can anyone give any advice on motivation/enthusiasm?
    Would you find it motivating to hear that any time I was attending WW I secretly hated/was really jealous of the men because they all seemed to do so well with it? :) Would definintely recommend it from the point of view that it does help you not just to lose weight but also to look at your entire life, why you might be eating too much/gaining weight, how to incorporate movement into your life as well as food control. If you suffer from depression all of that, as well as the contact with people in the classes could be a big help. There are men-only classes, if you don't like the idea of being in a mixed/mostly women class. Enthusiasm can be hard to find every single week but being among others doing the same thing can help and seeing the weight going down is a great motivator.

I know this is the WW thread but another one I've found really interesting and helpful over the last while is the Fast Diet (the original 5:2 diet) - if you can get your hands on that book (or the original Panoram program - haven't seen that but would really like to), you might think about that, too.

• Advertisement

Giving the ww products a go regardless, it suits me this week , thansk for the concern though! A ww pizza for 13pp and a garlic dip is far better and works well for me when my parents are ordering a large mizzonis! Far less damaging and good for me mentally. The spaghetti etc is great and keeps me right as I have it instead of the big tin of Heinz one I used to have. I realise there are healthier foods but it works for me at the moment.

Back from meeting and I stayed the same after my two week break! Must have put some on but the excercise kept it off, thank feck. Back to weight loss now :)
    And to the poster thinking of joining I would say just go for it. You literally only have the weight to lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

I just finished week 5 day two as well! I had planned to have finished week 5 at today's run but my head was not in the game when I tried day 2 of it 2 days ago, found it much easier today! Thank feck! Wahoo, go us :-) bit nervous about the 20min run, would love to have gotten that done today, was thinking of repeating day 2 of week 5 out of nervousness but don't want to. Besides I've already filled in mycalendar with the runs all the way up until it finished, as an incentive tto keep it up!! Are you skipping a day in between? Are you taking weekends off?

Hey metime - just didn't get time to do my session today as my little guy is sick with tonsillitis again! Poor guy only had it two weeks ago - I think it never really cleared up. :(
    But I'll make sure to do it tomorrow morning instead. I usually try to get up in the morning and have it done before the kids wake.
    I try to do four sessions in the week and I always take Sunday off. So its usually Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat. But obviously that changes according to whats going on!
    I'm a bit nervous about this next one - 20mins non-stop sounds slightly scary - but hey! We can do it!! :) What an amazing feeling to conquer things you never thought you could do!
    Good luck with it!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Did you get shredded then? :-D I missed my shred workout yesterday, could barely lift my handbag after 3 days of it on too of my other excercise ha ha ha! Enjoyed the break yesterday, will be doing it today!

I did! 2 days down.. Feeling the burn ;)

WI tonight and down 3lbs! Thrilled.. Lots of exercise paid off.. Determined to get another 1lb or 2 off this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Well I was down another 1.5lbs this morning, so happy with that seeing as I haven't been as good as I could be all week. Exams finished tomorrow so have a night out for that and another night out on Saturday, so I hope that doesn't be my downfall!
    31lbs down overall now though since the start of October. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Well done everyone on the loses.

My weigh in tonight and after my gain last week on 1st weigh in I hope to God I'm down, I'll be like a bear if I was up as I feel I've been really good all week. We'll see. If it isn't a good loss I think I'll go back to pointing and off filling and healthy even though I think SS is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Well done everyone :) After two weeks of SS I'm reintroducing my weeklies now, though I've been tracking everything anyway. 9lbs loss on SS in total, which is more or less what I gained over Christmas I think!!! Delighted with it and not hungry at all. Only craving choc today as it's my TOTM so not doing too badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Well done everyone :) After two weeks of SS I'm reintroducing my weeklies now, though I've been tracking everything anyway. 9lbs loss on SS in total, which is more or less what I gained over Christmas I think!!! Delighted with it and not hungry at all. Only craving choc today as it's my TOTM so not doing too badly.

Good quality (70%) dark chocolate. Satisfies the craving, hard to over eat.

-2lbs in WI! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello Everybody,
    I used to post here regularly 3 or 4 years ago lost 4 stone with WW but due illness and employment put most of it back on again.

This thread has been fantastic It's given me the kick up the bum I needed to get back to WW.

I tried SW but to be honest I've realised I need to Point and Track for successful, consistant weight loss.

I've loved reading your posts and they've been a real inspiration. Thank you.

Onwards and downwards !

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I was down 1.5lb.

Tried the 30 day shred and only lasted 15mins - I'm in agony since!! Going for a run tonight so will try it again 2mor evening!

• Advertisement

Natmus wrote: »
    I was down 1.5lb.

Tried the 30 day shred and only lasted 15mins - I'm in agony since!! Going for a run tonight so will try it again 2mor evening!

Aaaggghhh I've been meaning to try it - but been too scared! :eek:
    Must give it a go though...one of these days...

Metime - I Just finished the c25k session - it was surprisingly grand! :) 20 minutes jogging non-stop - wow! Never thought I'd be doing that, especially after only 5 weeks! For me the main thing was to forget about my feet and just focus on breathing! And then try not to look at the clock every 10 seconds!! Buzzing now and I was sooo tired all morning so very glad I did it! :D

Oh and is the whole country gone mad for liberté 0% Greek yogurt? I can't find a pot of the stuff anywhere with the last 3 weeks. I've been told that it does exist but its like the holy grail of yogurt!!

JudyD wrote: »
    Aaaggghhh I've been meaning to try it - but been too scared! :eek:
    Must give it a go though...one of these days...

Metime - I Just finished the c25k session - it was surprisingly grand! :) 20 minutes jogging non-stop - wow! Never thought I'd be doing that, especially after only 5 weeks! For me the main thing was to forget about my feet and just focus on breathing! And then try not to look at the clock every 10 seconds!! Buzzing now and I was sooo tired all morning so very glad I did it! :D

Oh and is the whole country gone mad for liberté 0% Greek yogurt? I can't find a pot of the stuff anywhere with the last 3 weeks. I've been told that it does exist but its like the holy grail of yogurt!!

EEEEE well done that's feckin' brilliant!! :-D :-D, to think!!! 20 minutes of non stop, wahoo!
    I am not supposed to do my 20 minute run until tomorrow but I am tempted to do it tonight, been on the computer all day working and even though I got an hour in on the wii this morning i'm dyin to get out and go for it! Think I will........have a day to catch up on to keep on my schedule for couch to 5 k and it feels good so feck the rest day this week :-S hope i don't regret that. Lol congrats, anyway, I know how great it feels - I personally never thought I would have been a runner. I am motivated by your 20minute jogging joy, so thanks very much for letting me know I will remember your breathing tip while I am doing it - i find it hard to stop thinking about the clock sometimes when doing it but am getting better :-)

I get liberté in tesco!
    --
    WI yesterday, stayed the same after 2 week holiday. So my weightloss is the same as before Christmas, but +1lb from over Christmas. Have been tracking all week and am starting my WW fresh from Tuesdays. Will use weeklies but not activity points :-) That's the plan anyway - finding i am wanting to eat more with all the excercise though and also Totm, lol, so pretty 'eaty' this week. 3 points left for the evening - have promised myself not to go over points today. :-)
    Hope everyone is getting on well!

Just back - I DID IT!! I ran for 20 minutes, and I didn't die at the end of it!! SOOOOO happy right now! Listened ahead to week 6 too, and it seems totally doable. Beyond delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

2lbs up for me this week. I feel like I'm going up and down the same 2lbs since well before Christmas and I'm beginning to get frustrated.

I bought a new WW journal for myself because I've been really bad with tracking. I had one before and found it fantastic so I decided to spend the 5.25, it might give me a push to lose my last 12lbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

2lbs up for me this week. I feel like I'm going up and down the same 2lbs since well before Christmas and I'm beginning to get frustrated.

I bought a new WW journal for myself because I've been really bad with tracking. I had one before and found it fantastic so I decided to spend the 5.25, it might give me a push to lose my last 12lbs.

I can only imagine how frustrating that must be :( keep at it though, you've done too well so far to stop now :)

I got one of those journals myself today. It's really handy and I love all the motivational quotes in it! Also handy to have a little meal planner section for each week - if I write it down I might actually stick to it!

They're fantastic. This is my third one. My leader only gone them back this weak so I've been without one for ages. I lose the little trackers so this could get me back on track. I hope. 12lbs to go. Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Gosh everyone seems to be doing so well with the weigh ins this week hopefully it rubs off on me:) I have found this week really hard and had zero motivation:( but I did try. Anyway all will be revealed at my weigh in tomorrow:)

Congrats to everyone who has done so well and good luck to all who have their weigh in to come.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi Purple Pawprints, It must be really hard when you get stuck on the same few pounds but just keep going because you have been doing so well and have been a great source of inspiration:)

I must try and get myself one of those journals it might give me the push that I need:)

It is a bit frustrating tbh lol :o

I think the journals are fab! I lost a good bit of weight while I was using those so hopefully it'll be a bit of a help this time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Loving the idea of getting a nice journal to promote the tracking... I think I'll get one myself! If you track, you can't go wrong.

I've tried to make my tracking a bit more exciting, so I have my blue folder decorated with cheesy little stickers that I add each week I lose weight. I bought some cat stickers the other day and I can't wait to use them! :pac: I also love visual motivators, so I enjoy making lists and ticking things off, setting weight loss goals for certain dates and that kind of thing. I have 13lbs to go until I'm at my goal weight so I have 13, 12, 11 etc. written in a vertical list on the inside of my blue folder. I love crossing off the numbers every week at my weigh-in. Small things like that give me a great boost and make me realise how close I am and how far I've come.

Another thing that I find amazingly motivating is looking at before and after pictures online. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to any external sites here (why not, btw?) but I'd recommend Tumblr before/after weight-loss blogs, or the /r/progresspics section on Reddit. So very, very motivating! Especially when you see someone the same height and starting weight as you, and then you see their transformation.

That's enough rambling for now. Well done on the losses again peeps! I hope the journal gives you a tracking boost Purple, I'm sure it will! :)

(BTW! I always write how much I've lost each week on my tracking journal and then keep it. If I've had a gain or feel a bit lost, it can be helpful to go back to a week where I had a good loss and replicate it.)

• Advertisement

I like the idea of writing how much I have left down actually. I might stick it up on my wall, I have 12lbs left now.

Thanks for the post though, fingers crossed my journal is a help! :D

Advertisement