Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Right I didn't go to WI last night, I chickened out. I haven't tracked since I came back after Christmas and am determined to start today as a new week and sort myself out.

I prepared a lovely lunch for today. I roasted a chicken breast (4pp) with cumin and coriander, and peppers and onions. Made up 50g of couscous (1pp???? Is that right?? I can't believe it, it's a massive portion! Please someone tell me it's true :D) and mixed it all together with some fresh coriander. So simple but so tasty.

That's only 5pp for lunch. A bit too low for me so will have to bulk it up a bit. I had a few drinks last night so had a bottle of Lucozade (7pp!!!!) and a sausage roll (6pp - I know they're about 9pp but I only ate half of it, it was horrible...such a waste!!!) (:rolleyes: so much for getting back on track! I meant after breakfast :D) so the low pp lunch suits me perfectly today and I'll still have 15pp remaining for dinner.

Can anyone confirm the propoints for couscous? I am convinced I must be doing it wrong! It's 50g dry couscous and I'm getting 1pp.

Edit: I just realised it's 1pp for 50g of COOKED couscous. Oops! So I think it's 5pp for 50g of dry. Ah well, I know I don't need that much from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

So went to the weight in yesterday and down 3.5 which has certainly made up for the gain last week. I was a nervous wreck though waiting to get weighed!! I know I won't have as large a loss next week but I'm only aiming for 1 pound a week anyway.

I definitely think F&H is for me so I'm going to stick with it for the foreseeable. I love the fact I can eat a great amount and not dip into my weeklies except for true treats. And I'll probably drink them all this weekend :)

Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Had WI on Tues, +.5 was disappointed, but I'm relieved I know now that pointing is definitely for me. I have however learned a bit and am determined to only have treats with my 49 and to used my dailies for healthy food options, as I had gotten into a bad habit of saving some dailies for treats and using the 49 for a blowout at the weekend. I'm disappointed to only have lost 2lbs on ss, but its better than nothing, and now I have a renewed focus and a better mentality for healthy eating.

Had a great food day yesterday, and a good one planned for today. Did my grocery shopping online last night after my dinner so I couldn't be tempted by tasty treats and feeling positive for the week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

I weighed in on Tuesday and I'm down a pound and a half, delighted with myself!
    I can do really well when I'm in the right frame of mind, I just need to stay there.
    I've just eaten a brown scone, and I'm pointing it like McCambridges bread, for density, do can anyone tell me are 2 slices 5pp or 7pp?
    Love the idea of the stickers for every pound, its a nice visual! I also write down my loss inside my tracker EVERY week, so I can re-use the good weeks and see what happened or if I'm going back to old patterns on the bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi all, I am just back from my weigh in and I didn't do very well as I was a half up:( I stuggled last week so this is a kick in the arse to motivate me.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm having such a good day today! :D

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi all, I am just back from my weigh in and I didn't do very well as I was a half up:( I stuggled last week so this is a kick in the arse to motivate me.

Onwards and Downwards:)
    Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Pokiedots

Stayed the same this week, bit disappointed as I felt I had a good week, ah well there is always next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

am 10 points over my dailies already and its only 6.30..that is a result of a combo of excercise, totm and some bad lunch decisions :-S ...and 8 biscuits. Oops. Still within weeklies, have not used any activity points on food and don't want to but at this rate it looks like i may have to for this week! Need to make it to next Tuesday and only have about 20 weeklies left. My appetite is raging this week!! I think i am making some bad deciisons though, must address and get more veg in, for sure.

Pokiedots wrote: »
    Stayed the same this week, bit disappointed as I felt I had a good week, ah well there is always next week!

i found on weeks where i didnt lose anything before, if i kept it up i'd have a fairly decent loss the following week. as if my body was playing 'catch up', or keeping me on my toes to test my metal!!!

• Advertisement

I'm having such a good day today! :D
    YAY go you :-) i'm having a shoit day! bout to steam a load of brocolli to get me through the evening as am already 10 points into my weeklies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

metime wrote: »
    EEEEE well done that's feckin' brilliant!! :-D :-D, to think!!! 20 minutes of non stop, wahoo!
    I am not supposed to do my 20 minute run until tomorrow but I am tempted to do it tonight, been on the computer all day working and even though I got an hour in on the wii this morning i'm dyin to get out and go for it! Think I will........have a day to catch up on to keep on my schedule for couch to 5 k and it feels good so feck the rest day this week :-S hope i don't regret that. Lol congrats, anyway, I know how great it feels - I personally never thought I would have been a runner. I am motivated by your 20minute jogging joy, so thanks very much for letting me know I will remember your breathing tip while I am doing it - i find it hard to stop thinking about the clock sometimes when doing it but am getting better :-)

I get liberté in tesco!
    --
    WI yesterday, stayed the same after 2 week holiday. So my weightloss is the same as before Christmas, but +1lb from over Christmas. Have been tracking all week and am starting my WW fresh from Tuesdays. Will use weeklies but not activity points :-) That's the plan anyway - finding i am wanting to eat more with all the excercise though and also Totm, lol, so pretty 'eaty' this week. 3 points left for the evening - have promised myself not to go over points today. :-)
    Hope everyone is getting on well!
    Just back - I DID IT!! I ran for 20 minutes, and I didn't die at the end of it!! SOOOOO happy right now! Listened ahead to week 6 too, and it seems totally doable. Beyond delighted.

Cheers metime! Well Done and Congratulations to you too! Fantastic!!!!!! Go us!!! :D Its so good to have someone else doing it alongside me - keeps me motivated! :)

Damn - my local tesco is crap - they never stock it. And Dunnes seems constantly sold out since xmas. Ah well. It'll turn up at some point.

I find the F+H list great for pointing too. The foods on that list are great for getting the most value for my propoints. So maybe that might help you too in the conservation of your weeklies? I know that 'eaty' feeling ALL too well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Just out of the doctors and im a stone down... went to boots and I'm 2 up? I don't know what to think. I'll be so disappointed if I am up

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

keesa wrote: »
    Just out of the doctors and im a stone down... went to boots and I'm 2 up? I don't know what to think. I'll be so disappointed if I am up

Scales can vary like that which is why its always best to stick to the same one every week. My doctor has the old style industrial scales which have me about a stone out as well. Stick to the meeting scales as its the only way to know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Rainbow_Bright

Hello. Does anyone know which cereals I can have on the Healthy & Filling plan? Special K? Any other cereals?

Thanks. :)

Hello. Does anyone know which cereals I can have on the Healthy & Filling plan? Special K? Any other cereals?

Thanks. :)

Just shredded wheat (or a similar type with same nutritional info) and porridge. All other cereals would be higher in sugar and salt so they need to be taken from weeklies.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I think I'm going to give ss another shot. So, does anyone know what the criteria are exactly for filling and healthy foods? Low fat sugar and salt but whats the percentage or can we work it out ourselves?

keesa wrote: »
    I think I'm going to give ss another shot. So, does anyone know what the criteria are exactly for filling and healthy foods? Low fat sugar and salt but whats the percentage or can we work it out ourselves?

Here's the food list and the allowed breads. You have to stick to foods on this list only. Anything else has to come out of your 2 treats or 49 weeklies. You also are allowed two teaspoons of healthy oil a day.

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/WW7259_32957_Shopping_List_34358.pdf

I missed weigh in this week as I have been sick all week and only starting to feel somewhat normal this evening. I have barely eaten all week so my body is all over the place. I weighed myself on my own scales on Tuesday as normal and I was up 2lbs. I'm hoping that's due to water retention or bloating from being sick. This is the part I hate about being sick where you have to try and get back into normal routine and eating properly again. My taste buds are craving sweet and salty foods while my stomach definitely isn't!

I also finally got a new job and I think its exactly what I spent last year searching for! I was supposed to start today but they kindly put the start day back to Monday. My issue now is lunches. I'm really not feeling soup and I know this topic has been done to death but would love to know what people had for lunch this week so I can get some new ideas. I don't know if I'll have access to a microwave but I say I will as its a big enough company.

Well done to everyone who lost this week and to those that didn't, keep at it and go with the plan that suits you best and gets you the results you want.

Duffy89 wrote: »

I also finally got a new job and I think its exactly what I spent last year searching for! I was supposed to start today but they kindly put the start day back to Monday. My issue now is lunches. I'm really not feeling soup and I know this topic has been done to death but would love to know what people had for lunch this week so I can get some new ideas. I don't know if I'll have access to a microwave but I say I will as its a big enough company.

congrats on the job! I'd say go in on day one, do a bit of recon re microwave etc, take your lunch that day from your weeklies, and then you can go in fully prepped for day 2. if they have a microwave you're sorted, you can bring in pretty much anything that you would eat for dinner that will travel well. I tend to stay away from typical "lunch foods" I find thay can be a points drain and they don't fill me up. I bring in pasta/ rice dishes for my lunch, and it keeps me full enough til dinner time.

• Advertisement

Snap!

Hopefully it will be snap again next week with both of us being down:):)

Pokiedots wrote: »

Hi Pokiedots you seem to be doing really well so you will probably have a big loss next week, sometimes it takes a little longer for the scales to show how good we have been:).
    metime wrote: »
    am 10 points over my dailies already and its only 6.30..that is a result of a combo of excercise, totm and some bad lunch decisions :-S ...and 8 biscuits. Oops. Still within weeklies, have not used any activity points on food and don't want to but at this rate it looks like i may have to for this week! Need to make it to next Tuesday and only have about 20 weeklies left. My appetite is raging this week!! I think i am making some bad deciisons though, must address and get more veg in, for sure.
    JudyD wrote: »
    Cheers metime! Well Done and Congratulations to you too! Fantastic!!!!!! Go us!!! :D Its so good to have someone else doing it alongside me - keeps me motivated! :)

Damn - my local tesco is crap - they never stock it. And Dunnes seems constantly sold out since xmas. Ah well. It'll turn up at some point.

I find the F+H list great for pointing too. The foods on that list are great for getting the most value for my propoints. So maybe that might help you too in the conservation of your weeklies? I know that 'eaty' feeling ALL too well!!

Hi Metime and JudyD. Both of you seem to be doing really well with the exercise. Everytime I read your posts it gives me a bit of a boost and encourages me to do more. Tho mind you I have to go back to basics with the food this week because the scale seems to be stuck. Go You:):)

I missed weigh in this week as I have been sick all week and only starting to feel somewhat normal this evening. I have barely eaten all week so my body is all over the place. I weighed myself on my own scales on Tuesday as normal and I was up 2lbs. I'm hoping that's due to water retention or bloating from being sick. This is the part I hate about being sick where you have to try and get back into normal routine and eating properly again. My taste buds are craving sweet and salty foods while my stomach definitely isn't!

Well done to everyone who lost this week and to those that didn't, keep at it and go with the plan that suits you best and gets you the results you want.

Hi Duffy, Congrats on the new job:) Like Dottie said if the company have a microwave you can have almost anything but if they don't, get a good flask that might hold stews or something hot. Other then that I can't advise on bringing lunches because I have most of mine at home. Anyway good luck with the new job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hi Duffy - hope you're feeling better! And Congratulations on the new job - hope it goes well for you!! :)
    One of the things I love for lunch is a ww version of a bacon and egg sandwich:
    Egg mixture: Boil a medium egg for 8mins (ish), then cool it in cold water and chop. Mix with chopped tomato and chopped chives (or spring onion). (2pp)
    Scrape some light mayo (1pp for 1tbsp) over your ww bread/ww pitta/pat the baker multi seed slimbos, add your egg filling and some crunchy lettuce - and you're good to go. :)
    Then add in bacon medallions or turkey rashers too :) YUM!!

To help in the prep - you can make the egg filling in advance and leave it in the fridge until you need it - it'll keep for a few days no bother.
    So you can have two bacon & egg sandwiches for 9pp total - great value in my book for a very filling lunch! (8pp without the 'bacon')

I also always try to follow up with fruit too. A fruit salad is great but I must admit I don't usually take the time so I bring 2 or 3 pieces of fruit and slice them up on site. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well done on the new job Duffy!

I got so sick of wraps and sandwiches for lunch, and I'm not really a soup fan. At the moment I'm loving couscous and have been having it every day this week for lunch. I'll roast a breast of chicken the night before in some tinfoil with peppers and onions (you could use whatever veg you want obviously) and seasoned with herbs/spices (I've been using coriander and cumin) and then I'll make some couscous, chop up the chicken and mix it all in together. I bring it in in a lunchbox, and then I just put a little bit of boiling water in before I eat it, just to fluff up the couscous a bit. The whole thing is only 9pp and it's so filling and tasty. And there's loads of ways to vary it too, if you don't fancy having chicken you can just bulk it up with veg. Chickpeas are great with couscous as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 olddognotricks

I find baked potatoes really great for lunch and like another said brown rice or pasta, more filling I think, today it was baked spud and beans as running out of options/selection by Friday, had cottage cheese and pineapple as filling yesterday. Must try the couscous next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Can't go for a walk because the weather is horrendous... So instead of getting no exercise as I usually would on a day like today, I'm going to search YouTube for an exercise video. :)

Then I'm going to clean my room, have a lovely hot shower, paint my nails and update my blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Can't go for a walk because the weather is horrendous... So instead of getting no exercise as I usually would on a day like today, I'm going to search YouTube for an exercise video. :)

Then I'm going to clean my room, have a lovely hot shower, paint my nails and update my blog.

You'll burn far more and work out more of your body doing a workout anyway. The weather is crazy, can't wait to go out for run in it :)

Dyin' sick yesterday..but not as bad today thank feck. Was rotten. Going to try get out for a walk later then hopefully be back to the running by tomorrow. Would love 1lb down at WI on Tuesday though tbh am sick of hoping for it at this stage, need to give it some welly again- I feel a spate of F&H coming on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 olddognotricks

Went for a run myself yest, managed go escape the rain but jeez the wind was brutal, I thought near the end on a hill near hme I was going backwards!!!!
    Trying to stick to the simple start/f&h myself at mo but yest eve ate popcorn and a few chocs and swiped slice hubbie's pizza so prob used most of the 49. Prob need to wipe those bonus ones now and back to basics for wi on thurs!

Advertisement