Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

planned a 15k walk for myself this morning, hopefully the rain holds off! I just can't get into running myself, I'm more of a bike person, I'd usually cycle this route but the wind is just killer today so its walking for me. Google maps says 2.5 hours! At least thats 2.5 hours I'm not sitting here tempted by food!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

planned a 15k walk for myself this morning, hopefully the rain holds off! I just can't get into running myself, I'm more of a bike person, I'd usually cycle this route but the wind is just killer today so its walking for me. Google maps says 2.5 hours! At least thats 2.5 hours I'm not sitting here tempted by food!! :D

Enjoy your walk! Wish I could get out but the little one is sick so am stuck:( gonna try and make good food choices today and will probably do an exercise video this evening. am full of good intentions for today:D

Went for a run myself yest, managed go escape the rain but jeez the wind was brutal, I thought near the end on a hill near hme I was going backwards!!!!
    Trying to stick to the simple start/f&h myself at mo but yest eve ate popcorn and a few chocs and swiped slice hubbie's pizza so prob used most of the 49. Prob need to wipe those bonus ones now and back to basics for wi on thurs!

With your weigh in on Thursday you should have plenty of time to undo any damage that was done on Saturday. I have my weigh in on Thursday and I was really bad yesterday in that anything that wasn't nailed down I ate it:confused: So I figure if I get my halo intact for the rest of the week I should be ok:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got stuck inside with the rain again so I did this:

:D

I got stuck inside with the rain again so I did this:

:D

Cool thanks for that might try it later:) Do you find that particular video good?

• Advertisement

It's only 20 minutes long but I was sweating after about 4-5 minutes, I found it quite good. Then again, the only exercise I usually do is walking so maybe that's why I found it good.. :o

It's only 20 minutes long but I was sweating after about 4-5 minutes, I found it quite good. Then again, the only exercise I usually do is walking so maybe that's why I found it good.. :o

Great will try it later! Walking is as good as any exercise if not better and you can get less injuries:p I have one Davina Video that a friend gave to me and I do try and do that but the majority of my exercise is walking... tho mind you since I got the dog I have to do sprints every now and then to try and tire him out.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

You don't work out all of your body walking, I love walking but it's good for weight loss, not for toning/overall workout. The idea of the short 20 min workout PP is that you go as hard as you can for the 20 mins rather than some people who doss about in the gym for 1-2 hours not really working as hard as they could. A hard 20 minute workout where you are left sweating is great for you.

I like walking, clears my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Yeah, I love a walk on the beach when nobody's about only me, the waves and the birds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

WI tomorrow morning, hoping for a good one, good luck to all if you WI tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

13.227 lbs lost since Xmas. Am not trying at all but it seems stress and no sleep is great for weightloss so ill take it. Am going to start back taking my thyroid medicine so hopefully that'll help me shed some weight too.

When I get back to a respectable weight I am going to join back weightwatchers and in the mean time I'm going to (loosely) follow the plan and use all ye for motivation so dont let me down!! :)

I've had 3 very good days and one fairly good one, hopefully the next 3 are very good and it pays off at WI.

I nearly fainted earlier though and I don't feel quite right since. I'm eating my 26 dailies so not sure what's going on, haven't had a dizzy spell like that in years.

Best of luck Lexie. This thread is great so I'm sure we can help even a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 olddognotricks

Had porridge and berries for brekkie and had some porridge bread-the gluten free one that was handed out at meeting-and boiled egg just now, yum yum. I find if I skimp on food earlier in day then like a hound later in the evening even after dinner with the head in the press every two mins....will eat lunch at 2 and then ok for dinner at about 6.30-7 and then must zip up the gob...
    Lost 2 lbs last week and would be happy with similar loss over next 2 weeks and then stay at that for a while...
    Less than two weeks to a milestone birthday also so no pressure!!! *sob*:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I've taken a few days off this week because I had a few nights out and just wanted to enjoy myself with the end of exams. I know I'll be up on Wednesday if I go weigh in so I'm nearly considering skipping it. In people's experiences, if you're up at a weigh in, does that demotivate you a bit or give you a kick up the bum?

jubella wrote: »
    I've taken a few days off this week because I had a few nights out and just wanted to enjoy myself with the end of exams. I know I'll be up on Wednesday if I go weigh in so I'm nearly considering skipping it. In people's experiences, if you're up at a weigh in, does that demotivate you a bit or give you a kick up the bum?

If it was me I would go for weigh in anyway as it helps to draw a line under the celebrations or off week or whatever it happened to be for me, otherwise I find if I don't then I can spend a lot longer trying to get back on track and saying to myself sure I'll start back tomorrow....;), and yes being up gives me (usually) a kick up the bum because you know for sure then what the damage is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Jubella I completely agree with Oldognewtricks. Go to WI and stay for the meeting.

As Mary (my ex leader) used to tell us once you step off the scales it's a new week and a fresh start.

Hi Jubella, As the other posters have said Go to your weigh in and take what comes. Anytime I have missed a meeting I ended up putting more weight on. I find it more motivating to take the kick in the backside and start fresh:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Agree with the others - go. Anytime I had a bad week and had nearly convinced myself not to go because I knew I was going to be up but then did go, it always ended up being one of the most motivating, enjoyable, interesting meetings. And sometimes I wasn't even up as much (or even at all) as I thought I would be. Occasionally, if I really was sure I'd gained I actually would go to an earlier class, sort of start my week of a day or two earlier if you know what I mean. But I was working in town at the time so it was easy enough to get to a class in Abbey St. any day - you might not have that option. The danger in not going is that next week you might feel like you haven't quite done enough yet to make up for last week and so you don't go again - better to just go and then move on. As Slaygal said, when you step up on the scales it's last week, when you step off the scales it's a new week and a new start.

Good afternoon WW folk,

Feeling on top of the world this morning with my WI, I lost another 4.6 pound this week, I have to say love WW its the best programme for me at least when it comes to weight loss. More over my clothes this weekend are starting to fit again which I have not worn in over a year.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs

So far I am down 20lbs in 21 days. I am eating as per my points of the 55 points I do get, eating lots of veg (more veg than fruit) and drink loads of water. I am also not really interested in my weeklies as I have no real need for them if I am honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well done Chong!

I'm extremely jealous :o

I'm really struggling since Christmas. I didn't go last week and have had another bad weekend. I just can't get my head back into it, it's really getting me down. Because I broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago, I'm going out more and therefore drinking more. Before Christmas I was able to write off a bad meal/day and not let it affect my week, but this time I just don't seem to be able to do it. I need a kick up the hole!

Thank you! The fact I notice it working with my clothes is a massive boost.

Its damn hard to get in to the mindset IBC, I know I have attempted many times since 2012 to get back on track.

When I am on track however I am an absolute demon for staying strictly to the programme, and now I have a goal I will not deviate.

I am off booze at least until my stag do in April and I try to keep away from all bad foods until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done Chong. Keep up the great work. I'm always jealous how well the guys in WW get on. I'm only 5 five days in on Simple Start and I like the programme but I think it will suit me better to have the weekly PP's rather than 2 treats every day.

Thanks Slaygal, do guys generally get on better? I always think about myself the bigger I am the faster I lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Chong wrote: »
    Thanks Slaygal, do guys generally get on better? I always think about myself the bigger I am the faster I lose it.

Oh definitely there's a guy in my class and on an off week he'll lose 2lbs! for most women 2lbs is a good week, men just have a faster metabolism than women, they tend to gain weight slower and loose it faster, (its just one of the perks of the job!) Mens bodies burn fuel more effectively because a higher percentage of their body composition is muscle, Women have a higher percentage of fat in their body composition which burns less fuel (calories) than muscle. :(

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll just bite the bullet and go to the meeting on wednesday! I'm just scared because if I'm up it'll be my first gain since I started in October. I'm back on track since yesterday though so just need to keep my head in the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

TOTM so not looking forward to wi tonight to be told I'm up! Also, have a full on weekend ahead so I know I'll be up 2 weeks in a row....dreading it.

AND I can't stop eating all week!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

-1.2 this week which brings me to to 7.2lbs in 3 weeks.

Happy with that but hope it's not slowing down already,

Sometimes the weeks we think we are going to get a big shock cos we have been really naughty they are the weeks that aren't so bad and then sometimes the weeks you have been an absolute angel you don't always lose as much as you think so I think it all balances out month to month....that's what I console myself with from time to time!!!

• Advertisement

Feeling much better today! Got a great work out in this morning and have veg soup made for dinner tonight :)
    I've been looking up holidays over the last few days and hopefully going to book this weekend, and the thought of all the nice clothes I'll be able to wear, and not having to hide and cover up, is motivating me so much.

Advertisement