Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

First full day on ww and doing ok so far... Just whipping up a roast pepper and garlic 0pp sauce to have with my brown pasta for dinner-I feel as virtuous! Though (and I feel I have actually located the source of my weight gain) I have sort of only just realised that I was aimlessly eating about eight slices of toast a day between meals. At least!! More out of boredom than anything else.

Does anyone have any advice for little snacks to have when that hunger hits and you get the carb cravings? I feel like fruit makes it worse :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

First full day on ww and doing ok so far... Just whipping up a roast pepper and garlic 0pp sauce to have with my brown pasta for dinner-I feel as virtuous! Though (and I feel I have actually located the source of my weight gain) I have sort of only just realised that I was aimlessly eating about eight slices of toast a day between meals. At least!! More out of boredom than anything else.

Does anyone have any advice for little snacks to have when that hunger hits and you get the carb cravings? I feel like fruit makes it worse :-(

Try drinking 2 litres of water a day, have a bottle with you at all times, I find that if i'm constantly drinking water I don't feel the need to snack...

Alternatively try ryvita (1 pp) with Philli ( 1 pp) or substitute for another cracker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Another sts this week. I feel like I've lost my motivation the last while. I have a cold this week and am feeling rundown so my self control is nil. I also did very little exercise and to be honest, I'm lucky to have stayed the same. The evenings I don't go to the gym are the evenings I eat more, so its a double whammy!

This WW journey is incredibly slow for me. I've only lost 10 pounds since I started in April. I have a wedding in two weeks and I really wanted to have lost a lot more for it but it hasn't happened. Still I am going to try my best over the next two weeks and aim for 5 pounds by the wedding so I feel good at it. My next aim will be a stone by Christmas which is doable.

I know my mistakes-I only track when I know I am being good. So I need to get down to it and track everything and exercise more. Spin this evening and tomorrow and then down home for tomorrow night which means healthy food and a walk with my mother Sunday as she is super healthy and fit. Self control clearly isn't genetic!

I swear I'm not usually a Negative Nancy, just today :) Have a good weekend everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

probably not the best week to start WW have been ill and on antibiotics and steroids the last wk & a half (finished the tabs but still feeling sh*ty)
    anyway i STS this wk think i may hold off and start properly when im 100% better

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Layla0509 wrote: »
    probably not the best week to start WW have been ill and on antibiotics and steroids the last wk & a half (finished the tabs but still feeling sh*ty)
    anyway i STS this wk think i may hold off and start properly when im 100% better

I was in your shoes a few weeks back, I was on antibiotics for a week, still tracked well but somehow put on 5lb that week. It was such a shock and so disheartening. I started to resent myself for becoming ill and ended up in hospital 2 weeks later. Remember, your health is much more important, concentrate on getting better first and give your body what it needs. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

This week did not go well at all. I realised that it's because I've become really bored with the foods I'm eating so I'm reaching for junk food instead. I googled some recipes last nights and I've found some dishes that hopefully will turn out good. I'm really bad at cooking so I've a few questions for the cooking experts.

This may be a stupid question but some of the recipes require tomato sauce, is that like a pasta sauce or tomato puree or what?
    I want to make a cream of veg soup but they always taste bland when I make them. Does anyone have any special ingredient they add to give that extra taste? I was thinking of adding creme de fraiche? Also when I blend soup it never blends properly, does anyone have any advice to get it really smooth?

Sorry for all the questions but I really am a cooking novice :o

Lormuz wrote: »
    I am on 30 points ( this is according to my leader when I finsihed the last time) so thought i would start with that again. But i've only used 26 2 days this week...

You need to eat the 30 points if that's what you are supposed to be on. If you keep at 26 points you are going to plateau really early. The whole purpose of points is that as you lose the weight you lose the points. If you keep eating 26 then eventually your body will expect you to drop to 25, 24 points etc. That's not healthy so my advice is to fill your meals up with extra lean protein or healthy fats.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    This week did not go well at all. I realised that it's because I've become really bored with the foods I'm eating so I'm reaching for junk food instead. I googled some recipes last nights and I've found some dishes that hopefully will turn out good. I'm really bad at cooking so I've a few questions for the cooking experts.

This may be a stupid question but some of the recipes require tomato sauce, is that like a pasta sauce or tomato puree or what?
    I want to make a cream of veg soup but they always taste bland when I make them. Does anyone have any special ingredient they add to give that extra taste? I was thinking of adding creme de fraiche? Also when I blend soup it never blends properly, does anyone have any advice to get it really smooth?

Hey EabhaBear I know the feeling I've been getting bored with my foods too, especially vegetables! I've always loved vegetables but I use so many in my dinner every day that I've become sick of them! When recipes say tomato sauce I'm pretty sure they mean the big jar of passata sauce that you can buy (its literally just liquidized tomatoes, no additives, therefore is 0 points). Try letting the veg in your soup cook for a bit longer than you normally would, this will soften them a lot more and should make for easier blending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Try roasting the veg first as oppossed to cooking on the hob for a different flavour. Brings out the natural sweetness of the veg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

For tomato sauce, like Taz said, you can use Pasatta, which you will find near the tinned tomatoes and tinned veg. You could also use a tin of chopped tomatoes but if you're like me and don't like lumps in your soup, pasatta is much better as it is smooth. I am not a great maker of soup but I find fresh herbs make a big difference and also the knorr chicken (or veg) stock pots. If I am making quite a bland soup, i'll use 2 stockpots (and make like 6 portions). I would let the soup simmer for a good 45 minutes if not more and add salt and pepper to it while cooking. Blend a small amount of it and if it is still not to your liking, add more salt and pepper and some more herbs and cook for another few minutes. Sauté the veg for a few minutes before adding the stock and that will give more flavour as well, especially for soups with onion.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the tips on the soup. I did my shop today so I'm going to give it a try tomorrow along with some other low fat recipes I found. If they turn out good I'll post them as some of them are proper meals and really low in points :D

CavanGal wrote: »
    This WW journey is incredibly slow for me. I've only lost 10 pounds since I started in April. I have a wedding in two weeks and I really wanted to have lost a lot more for it but it hasn't happened. Still I am going to try my best over the next two weeks and aim for 5 pounds by the wedding so I feel good at it. My next aim will be a stone by Christmas which is doable.

I just looked at my record since I started back properly after the summer, I've lost 5lbs in 6 weeks which isn't great but its 5lbs gone. That's actually kinda good given that I know I haven't been perfect. Don't give up just try to be perfect 6 days of the week and it'll go a long way :) I've also set myself the goal of a stone by Christmas so going to allow myself to get a really nice dress for the festivities if I get the stone!

First week down and lost 3 1/2 pounds, am so delighted!!!!
    Must keep this up.

Does anyone know how many pp are in those McCambridge brown bread slices?

To add taste to soups also you can add some curry powder...

Must keep this up.

Well done, thats a great loss. I'm almost certain that that bread is 2pp for one slice and 5 for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Must keep this up.

Well done on your loss, great start. McCambridge is 2 for one and 5 for 2. There is a Brennans wholewheat that looks similar to the McCambridge, but it is 4pp for 2 slices and i think its nicer. best of luck this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hi o/

Did WW last year and lost a nice amount, then a few things came upon each other and I lost the discipline.

So decided last week to get back onto the scales and writing everything down.
    Weigh in tomorrow!

Just wanted to say Hi as I usually lurk about the place! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Hi Guys!
    Good luck for the coming week. Just though I'd post this here... my non food find of the week!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tupperware-Crystalwave-Soup-Mug-Green/dp/B003CNIWR0/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349686338&sr=8-1-spell

It's a soup mug that I used to have, and it was soooo handy for transporting soup to work. Unfortunately, it got lost, but I came across it the other day and have ordered two again. It's proper tupperware, so it doesn't leak, and you can open the little lid at the top to put it in the microwave, so it doesn't spatter. It's the business!!! seeing as theres so much talk about soup here lately, I thought I'd share!

Well done on your loss, great start. McCambridge is 2 for one and 5 for 2. There is a Brennans wholewheat that looks similar to the McCambridge, but it is 4pp for 2 slices and i think its nicer. best of luck this week

Aghh.......
    5 for two, there goes lunch!!!
    I wont be eating those again....
    :eek:

Aghh.......
    5 for two, there goes lunch!!!
    I wont be eating those again....
    :eek:

I know its a lot isnt it! I used to love having a slice or two of brown bread with my soup but have stopped doing so since I joined WW as I don't think its worth the points! The WW pittas are great, I toast them with cheese tomatoes and red jalepenos and for a total of 4 pp(3pp for the pitta, 1 for the cheese), so tasty! Weigh In tonight.... TOTM so... :confused:

Im doing well on my fresh start so far.

I missed Spin on Friday as I didn't get out of work on time but I went Saturday and went for a long walk/run with Mam on Sunday. I was fairly good with my points but I did have to dip into my weeklies due to a yummy home make chocolate cake Mam had made for my siblings' birthdays. Still overall, I'm happy.

I have tag rugby this evening (football is finished until the New Year). As my mam pointed out, exercise and fitness isn't my problem, snacking is. Chocolate is my BIG weakness. I was quite happy yesterday as I popped to Super Valu on my way back up the road and got WW Garlic Naan Breads for 3 pp each and WW chocolate digestives for 1 pp each. I haven't seen either in Dunnes or Tesco before.

Anyway have a great WW week everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Happy Monday everyone, Ill a new post on the blog and it propoints some Weightwatchers Friendly foods from Lidl. What a bargain that place is. http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/10/weightwatchers-lidl-food-finds.html. I hope that weigh in goes well for everyone. I was quite naughty over the weekend so time to reign myself back in now. Good Luck all:-)

Down 2lb tonight, a massive PHEW! Was really good all week, treated myself a bit at the weekend but TOTM this week so really wasn't sure how it was gonna go. 1lb to goal, I bet this part will be tough, I remeber it taking ages last time ha! Best of luck with this week everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Try roasting the veg first as oppossed to cooking on the hob for a different flavour. Brings out the natural sweetness of the veg.
    last week we got donegal catch promotion leaflets, there was one with salsa dressing and i got it and i put sweetpotatoe and butternut squash in a baking tin and guess what it was fantastic and vegg tasted better other than boiling or stirfry. then the next day i done plain fish with philadelphia with garlic on top,oh it was scrummmmy yummmmy.im getting weighed in the morning but i dont hold any hope of losing anthing, i eat my weeklys and dive into dailys every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Had my 10 year reunion on sat and I may have overindulged on the wine front. Think I kept it within my weeklies but would be happy with a STS tomorrow.

I did however feel amazing in my dress, most figure hugging outfit I have worn in ages and didn't feel fat or bulgy at all. So big NSV this week.

Thanks for all the soup advice. I finally got it blended properly. It still tastes a bit bland though so I added lots of salt. Definitely not suitable for someone on a low sodium diet. I'll just have to keep searching for that secret low fat soup ingredient! I'll try and attach a photo of it.

Eabhabear, what receipe do you use for your soup? I put celery, leeks, carrots, an onion, mixed herbs, garlic and a chicken stock cube in mine. Then after a few weeks of this, I started adding a tin of tomatoes to give it an extra kick. The soup was nice and thick but not lumpy and a lovely orangey red colour. It was so filling.

I think some tins of tomatoes are a point or two but I used to make a huge pot so when you split it out, it didnt count. Eat it with 2 ryvitas-they have lovely flavoured ones now.

Speaking of soup, can anyone recommend a good but inexpensive flask? My new workplace doesnt have a microwave and I would love to start bringing soup again now that the weather is getting colder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Thanks for all the soup advice. I finally got it blended properly. It still tastes a bit bland though so I added lots of salt. Definitely not suitable for someone on a low sodium diet. I'll just have to keep searching for that secret low fat soup ingredient! I'll try and attach a photo of it.

I never add salt to my soup. Spices are your best friend when it comes to making soup! When you're at the stage of frying the onion, garlic and ginger, add any spice you fancy - cumin, chilli powder and parpika are staples for me. Then add the rest of your veg, stir it about, top up with boiling water (with one stock cube in). Stick in a few fresh berbs (parsely and thyme are always good) Wait for the veg to go soft, then blend. Easy peasy! I only ever have to point the stock in my soups (1pp) or if I go over 1 tbsp spices, that's another 1pp. Total for recipes is only ever 2pp. So each bowl is 0pp.

Fellow WWers,

I'm going out to Foam cafe, www.foamcafe.ie, for my tea. I have 18 pp left today. I would love to get a desert but I think they might be too high in points.

I'm thinking one of the salads or the mushroom and pepper omlette.

Any suggestions that would help me squeeze in a desert? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I'm heading back to WW tonight, with my head hanging low in shame.. It's been a handful of months since my last weigh in!! I know I have put a number of pounds on, I'm curious to see just how many though!
    Looking forward to getting back on track!
    I'll be checking in here daily as it was a great support the last time..

=) [

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi guys, mam got me chicken burgers from butchers they are 110g and the butcher said it was pure chicken few breadcrumbs and herbs! Anyone stab a guess at points??

Thanks all

Advertisement