Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Just had my WI and down 1.5lb which I'm delighted with. Just got my bread list from my leader as well as the other leader didn't have it at the first SS meeting and I see Irish Pride Slimsters are not part of the healthy and filling breads, but Pat the Baker Slimbos and Country Kitchen Slims are! I've been using the Slimsters all along so just one to watch out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

jubella wrote: »
    Feeling much better today! Got a great work out in this morning and have veg soup made for dinner tonight :)
    I've been looking up holidays over the last few days and hopefully going to book this weekend, and the thought of all the nice clothes I'll be able to wear, and not having to hide and cover up, is motivating me so much.

Booking a holiday is a great motivator for me aswell. I am looking forward to packing lightly and not bringing all the stuff that I used to cover myself up with. I haven't worn a bikini in three years and am so looking forward to wearing one. I have been struggling the last few weeks because the weight has slowed down reading your posts and seeing how motivated you are is really motivating me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

honeygirl wrote: »
    Booking a holiday is a great motivator for me aswell. I am looking forward to packing lightly and not bringing all the stuff that I used to cover myself up with. I haven't worn a bikini in three years and am so looking forward to wearing one. I have been struggling the last few weeks because the weight has slowed down reading your posts and seeing how motivated you are is really motivating me.

You're doing amazingly well honeygirl, keep at it! No matter how much more you lose before your next holiday, you'll be much fitter and healthier than your last holiday, and you'll be ten times more confident in your bikini because of it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Having quite a good week this week I must say. I've only used about 5 weeklies and I haven't gone over my dailies apart from those 5 weeklies, I've also earned 10 APs and I've been drinking more water than usual. Fingers crossed for a loss. I've been hovering between 9st 3 and 9st 5 for the past 3 months or so so maybe last week's gain was the kick up the backside that I needed.

Hope everyone is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

Hello all I've been out of action for the last week with a nasty chest infection so have been feeling miserable. On the bright side I was another 2lbs down yesterday so that's my first silver 7!! I am struggling the last few days tho all I want is to eat crap :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I'm dying with a cold these last few days too and the urge to binge on chocolate, biscuits and pasta is tough to ignore! But it's my first real attempt at SS so I'm trying! WI tomorrow and I'm really nervous, I've been eating way more carbs than usual but I'm not over my points (well into my weeklies though, not as much as the last few weeks I suppose)

I'm weighing in early because I'm away this weekend. I'd love to get those last few pounds off! I've been up-a-point down-a-point since november!

keesa wrote: »
    I'm dying with a cold these last few days too and the urge to binge on chocolate, biscuits and pasta is tough to ignore! But it's my first real attempt at SS so I'm trying! WI tomorrow and I'm really nervous, I've been eating way more carbs than usual but I'm not over my points (well into my weeklies though, not as much as the last few weeks I suppose)

I'm weighing in early because I'm away this weekend. I'd love to get those last few pounds off! I've been up-a-point down-a-point since november!

Yep it's the crabs I'm craving too made a korma tonight which was low enough in points but then ruined it by having 2 slices of bread and butter and it wasn't because I was hungry I just wanted it. It's done now so can't do anything about it except get back on track properly tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

:eek: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, was down 7.5lb at weigh in!!!!

I have now broken into the 13stone arena, and am UNDER 200LBS!!!(momentous for me!), am now on my second silver seven since rejoining in November, and got my first stone since rejoining in November. This means a total loss of 18lbs since mid November!

I am so happy.
    To celebrate, as much of a WW Pizza for dinner as I like with added jalapenos, mushrooms, cherry toms, with light mayo, a small side salad and a ww brownie for dessert with a muller light yoghurt and maybe a mandarin if I feel like it! ...And a hair cut tomorrow :-D Wahoo.

Tried week 6 day 1 of Couch to 5 k today and was struggling, going to have to re do it on Thursday.

Hope everyone doing well!

SunnieT wrote: »
    Yep it's the crabs I'm craving too made a korma tonight which was low enough in points but then ruined it by having 2 slices of bread and butter and it wasn't because I was hungry I just wanted it. It's done now so can't do anything about it except get back on track properly tomorrow!

I would kill for some icecream with nuts on top right now (and some benelyn cold and flu) it's a good thing I did my shopping online this week! I purposely picked the WW chocolate thingys that I don't like so I wouldn't stuff my face with them

:eek:
    :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    :eek:
    :pac::pac:

Lol stupid iPhone autocorrect!!

Wow metime that's a brilliant loss this week well done you must be delighted!

I really need to start exercising I literally do none at the moment I absolutely hate it it's terrible

I really need to start exercising I literally do none at the moment I absolutely hate it it's terrible

If I didn't excercise i'd be about 20stone, for sure!
    I took it up out of necessity, and now I actually LOVE it. Feel weird now when I don't get some in. Started with a crap mountain bike at about 16stone, smoking 20 cigs a day. Could hardly go anywhere on it and it was more out of laziness that i got it than for fitness - it was easier to freewheel to the shop than walk ;-) ..gradually started to go to the park and then kept at that setting wee little goals for myself. I then introduced more walking along with eating a bit healthier very gradually, at around 15 stone 8 then I started running a bit on a treadmill, not much but a little bit, got a better bike because my other one got nicked, and started cycling a bit more. I then gave up smoking and noticed I was much better at excercise than before and it gave me a big big boost mentally. I found yoga helped me kick the cigs too, it really made me see what state my body was in!! havent cycled now in a while but am running more, doing some wii excercise and skating once a week. A few other bits and bobs here and there like an occasional yoga class, a bout of hot yoga if the groupon deal comes up (won't be doin that again for a while though, i don't think - LOL - oh god, no, just no), the occasional hill walk - i mean very occasional, and that's it at the moment. Remembering how much I loved sport when I was younger, really enjoying seeing my body take shape. Am hoping to do a 5k in March, and it looks very possible at the moment- it's more of a mental challenge for me than a body one. And I would like to get back into yoga now it's been a while! I think that yoga is so beneficial, so glad I gave it a go. Am getting more into the idea of dancing, swimming and surfing at the mo.... maybe by this summer, thats the idea anyway - be a couple stone lighter and have a blast!!

There is SO many choices when it comes to sport - seriously, you will find something you adore and never look back, there are too many options not to find something ye love, so just have a wee look and maybe make that a gift for yourself this year!? I did that with the first bike I got. :-)

Sorry for the life story but I thought it would be nice to share - sport is amazing!

also it's not terrible that you do no excercise - you are here in this forum and minding your weight aren't you - that's more than thousands and thousands of people are doing! maybe that's just your next step, so don't fret! you've realised it now, let the games begin!!!

IMG_4343_2.jpg

I've lost 25 pounds... looking at that is insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Hi everyone, first time poster here, but I've been reading this thread for a long time so I just decided tonight I would bite the bullet & write in, I'm hoping it will motivate me to keep going in my weight loss journey. So I started fresh on the 6th of Jan @16st 11lbs. Not my heaviest ! March 2013 I weighed in at 17st 3lbs but by Oct that year I got down to 14st 7lbs, then I got pregnant & 6 wks after I had my baby I went back to ww as my brother was getting married. I lost about 10lbs for the wedding but I can honestly say I think I went back to soon cos after the wedding I went on a major binge, I had had a c-section with my son, my iron was low, & I was sleep deprived, so I was def comfort eating. So new year, new goals! My sister is getting married in sept & of course I want to look my best,. Week 1 on ss & I lost 4lbs. Week 2 & I lost another 4lbs (I used 49weeklies instead of 2 extra treats. Week 3 & I'm down 1.5lbs. Very happy so far. Going away for the wknd to a hotel for a treat so I hope I can behave. I must say though so far I'm loving the ss. I plan my meals at the start of the week, do the shop, my husband will have the same as me so I'm only cooking the one dinner, so I'm happy out. Sorry if I rambling. Here's to a good week & hopefully we will make good choices. Thanks for listening :)

i really need to go to bed now but thought i'd let yas know, after my momentous loss this week i have just gone through my wardrobe and had the confidence to make a big pile of the stuff ive hung on to for god knows what reasons, that i actually do not like. also realised in doing this how badly my clothes fit me, and all of my underwear needs replacing now! even my sports bras, and running kit. i do be hooshing up my tracksuit bottoms whilst out! annoying, but I won't complain about that - just wish i could afford a whole new wardrobe lol. ah it feels good :-) im sure many of you know what im talking about - and for those who dont yet, im sure ye will soon. trust me its worth it to keep going, such a relief.
    have scraped the pennies and am gonna treat myself to something new for the wardrobe tomorrow! delighted to be making good progess now, the wardrobe was driving me mad! and its great feeing confident enough to make the decision to get rid of the big clothes and things that hid me. found measurements i took of myself from 4 years ago, not as huge a difference as i thought it would be but defo a difference. looking forward to going shopping tomorrow - albeit window shopping! and looking forward to keeping my weight loss journey up and losing the next 3 stone 11lbs! :-) woop!... goal for the time being is getting to 13 st 7 by valentines day!

metime wrote: »
    :eek: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, was down 7.5lb at weigh in!!!!

I have now broken into the 13stone arena, and am UNDER 200LBS!!!(momentous for me!), am now on my second silver seven since rejoining in November, and got my first stone since rejoining in November. This means a total loss of 18lbs since mid November!

I am so happy.
    To celebrate, as much of a WW Pizza for dinner as I like with added jalapenos, mushrooms, cherry toms, with light mayo, a small side salad and a ww brownie for dessert with a muller light yoghurt and maybe a mandarin if I feel like it! ...And a hair cut tomorrow :-D Wahoo.

Tried week 6 day 1 of Couch to 5 k today and was struggling, going to have to re do it on Thursday.

Hope everyone doing well!

Hi Metime, Congrats! That's a brilliant loss you are doing so well! Go you:)

Hi everyone, first time poster here, but I've been reading this thread for a long time so I just decided tonight I would bite the bullet & write in, I'm hoping it will motivate me to keep going in my weight loss journey. So I started fresh on the 6th of Jan @16st 11lbs. Not my heaviest ! March 2013 I weighed in at 17st 3lbs but by Oct that year I got down to 14st 7lbs, then I got pregnant & 6 wks after I had my baby I went back to ww as my brother was getting married. I lost about 10lbs for the wedding but I can honestly say I think I went back to soon cos after the wedding I went on a major binge, I had had a c-section with my son, my iron was low, & I was sleep deprived, so I was def comfort eating. So new year, new goals! My sister is getting married in sept & of course I want to look my best,. Week 1 on ss & I lost 4lbs. Week 2 & I lost another 4lbs (I used 49weeklies instead of 2 extra treats. Week 3 & I'm down 1.5lbs. Very happy so far. Going away for the wknd to a hotel for a treat so I hope I can behave. I must say though so far I'm loving the ss. I plan my meals at the start of the week, do the shop, my husband will have the same as me so I'm only cooking the one dinner, so I'm happy out. Sorry if I rambling. Here's to a good week & hopefully we will make good choices. Thanks for listening :)

Hi Daniels Mummy, Welcome to the site:) You should get all the support that you need here because the posters are great. You seem to be doing really well already so keep going and good luck on your weight loss journey:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 olddognotricks

i really need to go to bed now but thought i'd let yas know, after my momentous loss this week i have just gone through my wardrobe and had the confidence to make a big pile of the stuff ive hung on to for god knows what reasons, that i actually do not like. also realised in doing this how badly my clothes fit me, and all of my underwear needs replacing now! even my sports bras, and running kit. i do be hooshing up my tracksuit bottoms whilst out! annoying, but I won't complain about that - just wish i could afford a whole new wardrobe lol. ah it feels good :-) im sure many of you know what im talking about - and for those who dont yet, im sure ye will soon. trust me its worth it to keep going, such a relief.
    have scraped the pennies and am gonna treat myself to something new for the wardrobe tomorrow! delighted to be making good progess now, the wardrobe was driving me mad! and its great feeing confident enough to make the decision to get rid of the big clothes and things that hid me. found measurements i took of myself from 4 years ago, not as huge a difference as i thought it would be but defo a difference. looking forward to going shopping tomorrow - albeit window shopping! and looking forward to keeping my weight loss journey up and losing the next 3 stone 11lbs! :-) woop!... goal for the time being is getting to 13 st 7 by valentines day!

Well done that is the best feeling with digging into the wardrobe and piling those old clothes onto the floor!!! I also love the loose trackie bottoms feeling, even if it means you have to grab them in a hurry sometimes!!!:o

Welcome!! I just read posts for a long time myself but started posting recently too, and yes the secret is in the planning of it all!

One thing I did before Christmas myself was print up a little sign in nice purple ink and slapped it onto the front of the press in the kitchen where all the bread and stuff lives just so I would see that every time before I opened the press to shove my head in...that worked for a while but have got used to seeing it now ;) so what I am going to do this week is cut out a nice summery outfit (even part of )from the next catalogue and slap that to the front of the press too just to serve as a reminder for myself cos its easy to forget esp when roaming the kitchen at night!!!!:)

• Advertisement

So eh, after all my worrying, I was down 2lbs this morning :o
    I honestly don't know how that's possible! I took Thursday, Friday and Saturday off - And when I say took them off I went a bit mad! I drank a lot on both Thursday and Saturday, and ate the likes of pizza, carbonara and chicken fillet rolls :eek: ... Now I was doing a lot of damage control from Sunday onwards, but 2lbs!! It feels like it's far too good to be true and I wonder if it will catch up on me next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Well done Jubella, I hope I'm the same.

Weigh in tonight and honestly no clue if I'll be up or down. I did really well mostly and have been to the gym twice already this week but I did eat and drink a lot at a party on Saturday so it may not be great. Also, and I know I shouldn't have, but I weighed myself in the gym Monday and Tuesday - 1.5lbs difference between the two days. I refuse to weigh myself there again though seeing as my 5foot 11 boyfriend weighed at 10 stone 3 there recently!!!

Good luck everyone with today's weight ins.

Well done Jubella!!

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Just had my WI and down 1.5lb which I'm delighted with. Just got my bread list from my leader as well as the other leader didn't have it at the first SS meeting and I see Irish Pride Slimsters are not part of the healthy and filling breads, but Pat the Baker Slimbos and Country Kitchen Slims are! I've been using the Slimsters all along so just one to watch out for!

what's this about a breadlist? saw someone else mention it too - i have a feeling i am definitely using the wrong breads - any chance of sharing this or should i ask my leader?

Well done that is the best feeling with digging into the wardrobe and piling those old clothes onto the floor!!! I also love the loose trackie bottoms feeling, even if it means you have to grab them in a hurry sometimes!!!:o
    hahaha yeah I had my epic 20 minute run the other night and got beeped at twice en route home. I didn't know why but thought it must have been because I was sweating, red and puffing away digging some tunes and was smiling to myself then suddenly it dawned on me and I was like OH **** - MY TROUSERS! and frantically grabbed my legs to make sure they were still on me, - I was so in my own world with the running and the music that night that I literally thought my trousers might have fallen down and me not noticed, that is so ridiculous, but I laughed :-D (...They were still on, thank feck!)

I am so thrilled today, got a new jacket on sale at an amazing price, it is a size 14!!!!!!!!!! mind, blown. I was wearing size 20 and 18 a few months ago. I have needed a jacket for so long, and I love this one so much. Really really delighted. :-)

Having quite a good week this week I must say. I've only used about 5 weeklies and I haven't gone over my dailies apart from those 5 weeklies, I've also earned 10 APs and I've been drinking more water than usual. Fingers crossed for a loss. I've been hovering between 9st 3 and 9st 5 for the past 3 months or so so maybe last week's gain was the kick up the backside that I needed.

Hope everyone is well :)

Hiya! You seem to be doing really well at this lately, from what I can see. Hope you get the loss you deserve, :-D Be sure and let us know how ye get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

1.5lbs down! I seem to be back in the zone now, getting my new WW journal has made me track everything that I ate which works best for me. :D I'm 9st 3.5lbs now, so 10.5lbs to goal! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hi Daniel's Mummy - welcome! :) Your post reads a lot like my life story, weight, pregnancy, c-section and weddings included!!! :) I have two weddings to prep for this year - one in July and one in October - so we can spur each other on to great weight loss and great dresses!! :D

Hey metime, that is FABULOUS! And a size 14 jacket on sale too - how AMAZING!! :) Delighted for you - its so wonderful to throw out the old baggy shapeless clothes and get some sexy stylish slim ones!! :) (especially if they're at a great price too! ;) )

I missed my WI yesterday - have two sick children and the day just went against me. But my scales say I'm down at least 1lb which brings me down into the 13's bracket - yay! :) So I'm happy enough to stay plugging away until next week.

And in exercise c25k news - I did week 6 session 3 today - 25mins non-stop jogging!!! Didn't think I'd manage it but I DID IT!!!! Woop Woop!! :D Just thrilled. I'm going to sign up for a few 5ks in April/May once I get my speed up. I'm still 'running' ridiculously slowly - its probably the speed of a fast walk at the moment.

Keep it up everyone! We're getting closer to goal with each day that passes and each pound we lose - just take it one day/one pound at a time!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

1.5lbs down! I seem to be back in the zone now, getting my new WW journal has made me track everything that I ate which works best for me. :D I'm 9st 3.5lbs now, so 10.5lbs to goal! :D

Well Done Purple Pawprints - That's fantastic!! :)

• Advertisement

Weighed in this evening. Down 1 but a bit disappointed but a loss is a step in the right direction! I just hope I don't undo it this weekend! I already had curry chips and a chocolate sundae for dinner ... I just keep thinking to myself 2 weeks at a pound a week and ill be there.

Advertisement