Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done on the losses everyone! :) I check this forum who knows how many times a day and it's great to follow everyone's progress. I'm a bit down at the moment so I've found it hard to be excited about WW this last week. I was down half a lb last week, and I expect it'll be more or less the same story tomorrow.

Here is the Simple Start bread list that my leader emailed out to us a few weeks ago:

Bread:
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Multiseed and Cereal
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Original
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Wholemeal
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims Multiseeded
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims White
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims Wholemeal
    Pat the Baker Multi Seed Slimbos

Weight Watchers:
    Brown Bread Sliced
    Petit Pains
    Wraps
    Danish Bread
    Pitta's - White and Wholemeal

Crumpets:
    Hovis, Kingsmill, McCloskeys, Sunblest and Tesco Naturally Good for You.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Foxed wrote: »
    Well done on the losses everyone! :) I check this forum who knows how many times a day and it's great to follow everyone's progress. I'm a bit down at the moment so I've found it hard to be excited about WW this last week. I was down half a lb last week, and I expect it'll be more or less the same story tomorrow.

Here is the Simple Start bread list that my leader emailed out to us a few weeks ago:

Bread:
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Multiseed and Cereal
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Original
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Wholemeal
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims Multiseeded
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims White
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims Wholemeal
    Pat the Baker Multi Seed Slimbos

Weight Watchers:
    Brown Bread Sliced
    Petit Pains
    Wraps
    Danish Bread
    Pitta's - White and Wholemeal

Crumpets:
    Hovis, Kingsmill, McCloskeys, Sunblest and Tesco Naturally Good for You.

thanks so much for posting that. have had a crumpet craving for weeks now, look forward to sastisfying that on Friday :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

1.5lbs down! I seem to be back in the zone now, getting my new WW journal has made me track everything that I ate which works best for me. :D I'm 9st 3.5lbs now, so 10.5lbs to goal! :D

wahoo!!! go on ya legend, thats brilliant :-D delighted for you, very jealous of your 9st 3.5... thats lower than my goal weight! Lol , well done anyway :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

metime wrote: »
    wahoo!!! go on ya legend, thats brilliant :-D delighted for you, very jealous of your 9st 3.5... thats lower than my goal weight! Lol , well done anyway :-)

Thank you :o:)

My target is 8st 7 because I'm tiny, I'm 4ft 11. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Just pointed my day. 41... only 19 of that was on the plan... has anyone managed to beat the after lunch chocolate craving? I've managed to cut down to freddo bars but that's still 15 pp a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

keesa wrote: »
    . has anyone managed to beat the after lunch chocolate craving?
    I used to make Rice Krispie buns and have one every day. I pointed them once when making them so that I'd be able to track properly and I came up with 1.5 points (the old ones, though). I calculated the points for the chocolate and I weighed the bag of rice krispies before I started, then I weighed it again when I finished so that I knew exactly how much I had used. Added the two lots of points and divided by the number of buns - I think I had 12 altogether and I used to keep them in a good Tupperware box and have one for in work (usually after lunch) and one to look forward to when I got home. If you can get yourself onto dark instead of milk chocolate it really does make a difference. I used to hate it but I think my tastes have changed as I've gotten older so now I prefer it. My sister does this thing for her kids where she puts a square of dark chocolate in a small piece of baguette - totally delicious and very satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

metime wrote: »
    hahaha yeah I had my epic 20 minute run the other night and got beeped at twice en route home. I didn't know why but thought it must have been because I was sweating, red and puffing away digging some tunes and was smiling to myself then suddenly it dawned on me and I was like OH **** - MY TROUSERS! and frantically grabbed my legs to make sure they were still on me, - I was so in my own world with the running and the music that night that I literally thought my trousers might have fallen down and me not noticed, that is so ridiculous, but I laughed :-D (...They were still on, thank feck!)

I am so thrilled today, got a new jacket on sale at an amazing price, it is a size 14!!!!!!!!!! mind, blown. I was wearing size 20 and 18 a few months ago. I have needed a jacket for so long, and I love this one so much. Really really delighted. :-)

Jeekers your doing so well keep it up:). There is nothing better then being able to get into a smaller size so go you. Better start wearing a belt because by the sounds of it, it wont be long before the trousers will be gone and replaced with a smaller size too:p Your posts are so funny and they always give me a lift when I read them:).

1.5lbs down! I seem to be back in the zone now, getting my new WW journal has made me track everything that I ate which works best for me. :D I'm 9st 3.5lbs now, so 10.5lbs to goal! :D

Hi congrats on the weight loss and glad to see your back in the zone:) I have my weigh in this morning so I have fingers and toes crossed:) Have been working so hard this week on both ww and exercise so hopefully I have done enough:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Down 1 pound. To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Woop! Down 2.5lbs this week on Simple Start so I am back to only 1lb above goal. Hoping to get below goal for next week by sticking to the Simple Start again! Loving it!

Hiya! congrats on the loss. I tried SS for one week but found that I had issues with portion size as I generally eat quite healthily just too much :o Do you mind me asking did you have any similar issue and if so how did you work through it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Slaygal wrote: »

Weight loss isn't a race :) You're still 1lb in the right direction! be proud! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Better than a 1lb up - remember that pic someone posted of the 1lb of fat...be proud of yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

up .5lb and wi this week, that's the 2nd week in a row. I essentially haven't had any weight loss since before christmas now. After the christmas break I was up 2.5, 1st week of ss down 2.5, last week up .5 and now this week up .5. I wouldn't mind I had such a good week last week too. Didn't use all my 49 and earned 23 activity points. I'm so disappointed, I'm not giving up, I just don't know whats going wrong :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Was down .5lb this week. Delighted with that, didn't think I deserved it because I haven't really been trying since Christmas. Over the 6 weeks I didn't go, including Christmas, I was up 6lbs. Was down 4.5lbs the first week, didn't go last week, so am only 1lb away from what I was then.

I'm determined to try harder this week but I'm out Friday, Saturday AND Sunday evenings! Will use all my weeklies for those and will just not drink much and stick to vodka...that's the plan anyway :o

Thanks for all the support. I really appreciate it. It's just frustrating when people sitting beside me doing the same programme have lost half a stone in 3 weeks.

I was hoping I would have lost a little more considering all the effort I put in.
    Even my OH commented and he never says anything about my weight.

Thanks for all the support. I really appreciate it. It's just frustrating when people sitting beside me doing the same programme have lost half a stone in 3 weeks.

I was hoping I would have lost a little more considering all the effort I put in.
    Even my OH commented and he never says anything about my weight.

It was only one week. A week is a very short length of time to determine weight loss. I've said it here loads of times, but your weight fluctuates hugely throughout the day so you're better off looking at your weight loss over a period of 4 weeks, instead of just one week. Over the next 3 weeks you may lose 1.5lbs a week, and that would be 5.5lbs in 4 weeks, which is great.

I know it's nearly impossible but try not to compare yourself to other people in the class. I have to stop myself doing it all the time, and comparing myself to other people in this thread! I've lost 2 stone, but it's taken me more than 6 months, as I've had ups and downs! Other people have lost that amount in 2/3 months! But just focus on yourself and your own weight loss, that's what's important.

It's my TOTM so I think that's causing me to be upset. I know everyone loses weight differently.

I need to keep reminding myself that like you said Ibarelycare it's not a race and stop comparing myself to other people. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

It's just frustrating when people sitting beside me doing the same programme have lost half a stone in 3 weeks.

I get where you're coming from Slaygal. You just need to remember that everyone's body is different. Your age, height, weight, metabolism, activity levels, what you eat, and your diet pre-Weight Watchers (for new members) will have an effect on your weight loss. If you join WW after a 5 year fast-food binge, you're going to have a drastic loss in your first few weeks. Remember we are still in post-Xmas territory so a lot of people are playing the catch up game to lose the weight they put up. Some members have made drastic changes by taking the SS approach which will reflect on the scale, too.

For consistent weight-loss we aim for between 1-2lbs a week. This is recommended as it's healthier and you're more likely to keep the weight off if you take things slow and steady. Keep your chin up, you'll get there eventually! :)

(You did really well to lose weight even though it's your TOTM! I am always up, even if I eat within my points!)

Thanks Foxed. I did SS and stuck to it pretty well. I'm doing SS with weeklies this week. I think tracking and point control will help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Thanks Foxed. I did SS and stuck to it pretty well. I'm doing SS with weeklies this week. I think tracking and point control will help too.

Hi Slaygal, on my first week of SS I went UP .5lb and I'm not ashamed to say I cried, had to get up out of my chair and go to the bathroom and all. I just hope no-one saw me :O Anyway, last week I was down 3.5lb then so sometimes it takes a week or two to catch up on itself.

I was really annoyed last night as I couldn't go to class and get weighed as an appointment I had went over by over 50 minutes, so frustrating. Going to try and go to another class today but I'm wearing heavy clothes so who knows :P

Well done everyone on the weight losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

foxxykate wrote: »
    Hiya! congrats on the loss. I tried SS for one week but found that I had issues with portion size as I generally eat quite healthily just too much :o Do you mind me asking did you have any similar issue and if so how did you work through it?

I didn't really have an issue but I have been doing weight watchers so long know I have an idea on what is a reasonable portion size. I didn't go from having exactly 60g of pasta on PP to eating 150g on SS. I kept portion sizes in my mind and was sure to eat slower so I knew to stop when I was full. I found that I ate a bit more during meal times but was snacking much less because I was eating more nutrient dense foods during my meals which kept me full longer!

Hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 olddognotricks

Natmus wrote: »
    Better than a 1lb up - remember that pic someone posted of the 1lb of fat...be proud of yourself!

Exactly!!

Remeber steady as she goes!!!

As the others said Slaygal there are so many other factors at play here, just try to keep the faith...

Need to bear it in mind myself for this evening!!!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support it means an awful lot to me.

I get You. I was disappointed with my loss too. I had done ss and stuck within my points and only lost 1 but then someone else lost 7!!! Just have to get past it and keep going. It was still a loss. I'm getting there

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

HI everyone
    I haven't posted for couple of weeks. my first week of ss I was down 3 and delighted with myself but last two stayed exactly the same and am gutted cos im really trying and even earning loads of bonus points, though the last two days I fell majorly off the wagon as I was so cheesed off with WI and WW too. Just need some inspiration Slaygirl I know exactly how you feel my two pals are down 5 and 10lbs in same length of time doing ss. Any need kick up the ass now to get back on track

by the way has anyone noticed meetings seem to be very quiet no mad queues

maggimay wrote: »
    HI everyone
    I haven't posted for couple of weeks. my first week of ss I was down 3 and delighted with myself but last two stayed exactly the same and am gutted cos im really trying and even earning loads of bonus points, though the last two days I fell majorly off the wagon as I was so cheesed off with WI and WW too. Just need some inspiration Slaygirl I know exactly how you feel my two pals are down 5 and 10lbs in same length of time doing ss. Any need kick up the ass now to get back on track

Why don't you try going back on ProPoints? Maybe SS just isn't for you.

Why don't you try going back on ProPoints? Maybe SS just isn't for you.

think I might or even point the ss foods

maggimay wrote: »
    think I might or even point the ss foods

I follow ss but then every evening I point them all too. It reassures me I'm not way off track

Hey all, down 1 and half pounds at weigh in today and am delighted with that:) Onwards and Downwards:)

• Advertisement

Hi Slaygal, I know it can be disheartening when you work really hard and it doesn't show on the scales but be proud of your weight loss, once it goes down even if it's only a half pound at a time its good:) Slow and steady is better!

Advertisement