Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

jubella wrote: »
    I'm debating whether to stop going to weigh ins. I haven't missed one since October, but I'm still a student and I have absolutely no money coming in, so it's hard to justify spending ten euro a week on it for the foreseeable future. Have people had much success at home? Am I mad to give up going to weigh ins? I know I'll be much more tempted to slack off a bit if it's not someone else weighing me. So hard to decide what to do.

Hi Jubella, Did you decide what you are going to do about the meetings? I know I couldn't do without the weigh in, I have tried before but I need to be accountable to someone or I go off the rails and put on more weight. You seem so focused and every week you lose so I figure whatever you decide you will do well. You should also do what other posters have suggested and talk to your leader and see what ye can work out. Anyway you still have all here for support:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

metime wrote: »
    eeeee !! yay, fair play so delighted to see you're speeding ahead with it! i just finished week 6 today, bit of a delay with sickness. tried week 6 dy 1 repeat to try it hwilst sick, terrible idea..!!!
    was so delighted to get back to it this evening. i am loving it too - the break made me realise that! wahoo!!! high five us :-)

Hey metime - its IMPOSSIBLE to run when sick!!! Delighted you're still doing it though! Its great to know there's someone else at it. Have you signed up for any 5k's? There's one on near me on 22nd Feb but not sure I can get babysitting. And not sure if I want to go on my own! :eek: But aside from that - Definitely GO US!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Had my WI today and stayed the same, which is a massive achievement after the last five days! Still doing the filling & healthy with weeklies. Had my bf's annual shindig on Thursday night, drank a few beer which ate into my weeklies but did well on the food. Had dinner out on Friday and lunch out on Saturday, then had my work conference in Killarney yesterday and was surrounded in all sorts of goodies and treats. Had one naughty moment as I'd missed breakfast and lunch and was all fruit-ed out, I had a cronut (donut/crossaint hybrid, which is the work of the devil!) so that finished me off on the weeklies. The gala dinner last night was a disaster, everything was laced with cream, butter and gratin! Bloody hell, it was hard work but I am chuffed I didn't have a gain this week.
    Weighed in with my (male) boss as we have WW class onsite at work and I watched him stuff his face all day yesterday and last night and he had a big loss today. Very odd with him today! :)

eeeee !! yay, fair play so delighted to see you're speeding ahead with it! i just finished week 6 today, bit of a delay with sickness. tried week 6 dy 1 repeat to try it hwilst sick, terrible idea..!!!
    was so delighted to get back to it this evening. i am loving it too - the break made me realise that! wahoo!!! high five us :-)
    JudyD wrote: »
    Hey metime - its IMPOSSIBLE to run when sick!!! Delighted you're still doing it though! Its great to know there's someone else at it. Have you signed up for any 5k's? There's one on near me on 22nd Feb but not sure I can get babysitting. And not sure if I want to go on my own! :eek: But aside from that - Definitely GO US!!!! :D

Hi lads, have taken a bit of inspiration from both of ye and have been doing a bit of running myself lately:P. I only run 20 mins at a time and then walk for a while and do another ten or 20 mins and so on a bit like couch to 5k but my own version:) Anyway keep it up you both seem to be doing so well and I'm getting inspired by you:D. Good luck with the 5k on the 22nd if you decide to go for it Judy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Jubella, Did you decide what you are going to do about the meetings? I know I couldn't do without the weigh in, I have tried before but I need to be accountable to someone or I go off the rails and put on more weight. You seem so focused and every week you lose so I figure whatever you decide you will do well. You should also do what other posters have suggested and talk to your leader and see what ye can work out. Anyway you still have all here for support:)

Hi honeygirl, well this week I honestly just can't afford to go, so I'll be giving it a miss. Haven't decided what I'll be doing from here on out. I might just see how the week goes and see how positive I feel about doing it on my own. It's hard to know what to do because I don't want to just give up, but it will definitely be harder to keep up the motivation on my own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Hi honeygirl, well this week I honestly just can't afford to go, so I'll be giving it a miss. Haven't decided what I'll be doing from here on out. I might just see how the week goes and see how positive I feel about doing it on my own. It's hard to know what to do because I don't want to just give up, but it will definitely be harder to keep up the motivation on my own.

Would you perhaps think about doing the WW at Home or the online version for a while? Costs less and no meeting - you have to weigh yourself somewhere and send in your weight (I did WW at home years ago and got a whole load of pre-stamped envelopes to send a note every week - I'd imagine online is easier though). So you get to still have a bit of motivation from "outside" but don't have the full commitment (either of time or money) of a weekly meeting. If you decide to go for online, someone recommended joining the UK rather than the Irish one, as there's more stuff on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Hi everyone, I had my weigh in yesterday & Im happy to report I'm down a pound, even after my wknd away. Definitely the work I put in before I went away stood to me. Such a relief cos I really didn't want to face a STS or a gain this early on. So since the 6th January I'm down 10.5lbs. So my goal this week is to loose a pound which will get me into the 15stone bracket. Fingers & toes crossed now. Got out for a walk yesterday but didn't today, hopefully the weather won't be so bad to or & I'll get out at some stage. Good luck to ye all in the weigh-ins xxx

Hi Jubella, I suppose just post your losses here for the next few weeks and see how you go and hopefully we can help motivate you. It's terrible that its so expensive to go. Anyway good luck in whatever you decide and if I can help in any way let me know.

Hi everyone, I had my weigh in yesterday & Im happy to report I'm down a pound, even after my wknd away. Definitely the work I put in before I went away stood to me. Such a relief cos I really didn't want to face a STS or a gain this early on. So since the 6th January I'm down 10.5lbs. So my goal this week is to loose a pound which will get me into the 15stone bracket. Fingers & toes crossed now. Got out for a walk yesterday but didn't today, hopefully the weather won't be so bad to or & I'll get out at some stage. Good luck to ye all in the weigh-ins xxx

Hi congrats on the weight loss, 10.5lb since January 6th is brilliant. Go you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Hi lads, have taken a bit of inspiration from both of ye and have been doing a bit of running myself lately:P. I only run 20 mins at a time and then walk for a while and do another ten or 20 mins and so on a bit like couch to 5k but my own version:) Anyway keep it up you both seem to be doing so well and I'm getting inspired by you:D. Good luck with the 5k on the 22nd if you decide to go for it Judy.

WAHOO :-D go on ya absolute legend, so thrilled to hear ye are running too!! 20 minutes is AMAZInG in my book, even to do that just once. I ran for half an hour solid last night and felt like having a parade I was so proud!! 25 minutes running is week 6 of the couch to 5k sure!! its taken me months to be able to do that, so you should be very proud. You are flying!
    Judddddddddy, :-D DO IT!!! best of luck if you decide to go for the 5k - i'm personally not sure i'm up for doing one yet because i'm a scaredy cat wimp but you seem to be sticking to your runs and getting the weeks done by the calendar, i'd say you'd be well able for it! If I get on well with the running the next few weeks I will definitely be looking into 5ks. My issue now is consistently sticking to it. Week 7 day 1 tomorrow morning. Half tempted to do it tonight but it really is absolutely pishing, I think i'll pass but still am a little tempted as I always find it harder in the morning for some reason!

in other news, had WI tonight. Lost 7.5lb last week, was up 3.5 this week, so over the 2 weeks thats 4lb loss, averaging 2lb loss per week. Nearly feeling fully normal again healthwise, thank feck - that was ridiculous, am sure some of ye caught that dose as well. Weight loss wise anyway am happy out! Bummer to put on but I dont think it's a real put on as 7.5lb down in a week is just ridiculous and was obviously because I was sick. I paid for my prepay and got a good food shop in after the meeting. I am thouroughly absolutely skint now but feeling positive enough about the week. I have a few dinners planned, have some lunch stuff there and didn't buy any biscuits or crap. I have randomly started doing squats as well - did 110 today, 50 yesterday. Feeling like working out a fair bit in the next couple of months to compliment the WW ... need to tone or i'll be a loose flappy skinned ..flappy...person

Goals wise, i'm going to try cut down on processed food, lay off the diet coke, and eat more vegetables. My water intake has gone to crap so I need to re asess that. I made good choices shopping today and am happy enough there. Also, fecking eventually found crumpets - sunblest ones. Been looking for them for well over 2 months, it's been a mission of mine - so am really looking forward to having a treat of 2 crumpets with fruit yoghurt and honey for a really fancy self breakfast early tomorrow after my week 7 run!

Also - need to track the beejaysus out of everything again, let it slip last week and there was a good couple of meals out including a fry, a chinese, wine etc. Determined now to remember my goal for valentines day, even though I no longer think it's possible. A loss of 7.5lbs in 10 days? Doubt it's possible but sure will try anyway, gonna get all my runs in, and try just cram in as much movement and excercise as humanly possible. Also hoping by cutting out the processed crap and diet coke, and upping the veg and water again that it will help me get good results.

LETS DO THIS!
    Happy ...tracking...everyone? :-D x

weightloss so far:
    start date 14th November 2013(approx date) @ 15stone 1lb
    Todays date 4th February 2014 @ 14stone 0.5lb
    Loss of 1stone Half a pound in 10 and a half weeks - including Christmas, New Years and 2 weeks off from class.
    2 Silver sevens :-) Delighted....

Goal weight on WW machine is 11stone 4lbs at a BMI of 24
    My Goal is around 10.5 I think - it's too hard to imagine still but will see as time goes on. Am more concerned with being healthy and fit and toned more than weighing less so whichever comes first will do me nicely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Hi congrats on the weight loss, 10.5lb since January 6th is brilliant. Go you:)

Thanks honey girl just need to keep it up, I'm in the zone though!

Thanks honey girl just need to keep it up, I'm in the zone though!

That really is an amazing loss - jaysus, fair play!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Having another odd week. Tempted to miss WI tomorrow but I'll go.

it sounds like you hve been doing really great the last while, from what I saw on here anyway :-) super best of luck at your WI tomorrow!

OI, LURKERS! get in here and start posting, we need your motivation :-)

it sounds like you hve been doing really great the last while, from what I saw on here anyway :-) super best of luck at your WI tomorrow!

Maybe... I have a tendency to doubt myself sometimes. Would love to STS or lose half a pound to be back to my lowest weight ever.

Judddddddddy, :-D DO IT!!!

YAY Honeygirl - thats great going!! Wonderful - another ww runner!!! :D We'll have to start a club!! :)
    Thanks for the cheering on guys. Ye're right! Just do it!! - I'll go and organise a babysitter and sign up for it. Its only one morning. And I think its a free 5k run too! So I've no excuse really.
    LETS DO THIS!
    Happy ...tracking...everyone? :-D x

weightloss so far:
    start date 14th November 2013(approx date) @ 15stone 1lb
    Todays date 4th February 2014 @ 14stone 0.5lb
    Loss of 1stone Half a pound in 10 and a half weeks - including Christmas, New Years and 2 weeks off from class.
    2 Silver sevens :-) Delighted....

Goal weight on WW machine is 11stone 4lbs at a BMI of 24
    My Goal is around 10.5 I think - it's too hard to imagine still but will see as time goes on. Am more concerned with being healthy and fit and toned more than weighing less so whichever comes first will do me nicely!

Well done metime! That's fantastic!! Well done on the squats too - I HATE them!! With an incredible passion. But they are great. I'm putting them off though for the time being. I've introduced the plank - I hold for as long as I can each night just before bed. So far I'm up to 35secs (!) and then a load of sit-ups. It was a New Years resolution and starting to see the results a bit now so will keep it up.

We really are working along the same lines! c25k, exercise and ww wise!! :) I know what you mean about finding it hard to imagine your end goal. For me its impossible. I've never been lighter than 13 stone - since I turned 13 anyway! But it'll be an interesting journey and I can't wait to find out what we look like at the finish! :D

I was -2.5lbs today - BUT I did miss my wi last week so that's over 2 weeks. Still pretty happy as I'm on track to my own personal goals.
    29th Oct - 14st 12.5lbs
    4th Feb - 13st 12lbs
    So thats 1st 0.5lbs (SNAP metime! ;) ) since I rejoined 29th October - 6 weeks after having my little girl.

Mini goals:
    -1lb before Valentines Day
    -3lbs before end of month - hen party!
    -7lbs = pre-pregnancy weight
    -10.5lbs = the lightest I got with ww before getting pregnant!
    -12.5lbs = 12 stone bracket!!! Can't wait! :cool:

Sorry for the long post everyone. Hope ye're all having a good tuesday!! :)

Maybe... I have a tendency to doubt myself sometimes. Would love to STS or lose half a pound to be back to my lowest weight ever.

That's amazing Purple Pawprints - definitely go! Even if you don't get there this week - you will next week! You're sooo close. Just a few more weeks!!! :)

I hope so.. I just have a weird feeling that I'm gonna be up for some reason. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

had WI yesterday, happy to say I broke the streak! -2.5lbs I'm delighted, and determined to have another great week this week.

my loss has been slower this time round than my first time in ww but its coming off I guess so thats what counts!

Start Weight 19th Nov :14S 4lbs
    Current weight: 13s 8.5lbs

Goal by end of Feb to get my first stone, and by end of march to be in the 12s bracket that will put me back to where I was on my summer hols last year. Ultimate goal 11s 7lbs! CAN'T WAIT!! I've so many nice skinny work clothes, I'm so over looking like a frump!

You are all so so good with running, and if the weather wasn't so god awful I think I'd be inspired to be out there running too. I'm going to go back to my spinning classes tomorrow I think, and as the evenings get a bit longer I'll maybe get into this c25k :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well after my 3 takeaways I have to say I'm was up 2lb last night. I deserved it and probably another 2 on top of that!

Dinner's planned for the week so here's hoping for a loss next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I was up last week so disgusted with myself but I also don't really understand it because I had been fairly good I thought. Did F&H again this week to give it the full month but if I'm not down tonight I'm scrapping it and going back to pointing because that has worked for me in the past so we'll see.

Went spinning last night followed by weights and did Pilates at lunch time. I'm currently the unfittest and heaviest I've been in about 7 years so trying to fix both those. Going to join one of the girls in her couch to 5k tonight, I don't know what she's up to but sure it's exercise anyway.

Good luck everyone and fingers crossed I'm down tonight.

Good luck with the weigh in today:) your doing really well keep going!

Natmus wrote: »
    Well after my 3 takeaways I have to say I'm was up 2lb last night. I deserved it and probably another 2 on top of that!

Dinner's planned for the week so here's hoping for a loss next week.

Hi Natmus, Don't be so hard on yourself life and food just get in the way sometimes, at least we are all trying:) Draw a line under it, start again and you will be down next week. It sounds like your doing great with the dinner planning for this week anyway. I am absolutely dreadful at planning meals ahead it never works out for me. Anyway go you and good luck:)

I was up last week so disgusted with myself but I also don't really understand it because I had been fairly good I thought. Did F&H again this week to give it the full month but if I'm not down tonight I'm scrapping it and going back to pointing because that has worked for me in the past so we'll see.

Went spinning last night followed by weights and did Pilates at lunch time. I'm currently the unfittest and heaviest I've been in about 7 years so trying to fix both those. Going to join one of the girls in her couch to 5k tonight, I don't know what she's up to but sure it's exercise anyway.

Good luck everyone and fingers crossed I'm down tonight.

Hi CorkClaire, Its terrible when you are good and the loss doesn't show on the scales but you will probably find that it will show tonight. Good luck with the weigh in tonight and good luck with the running. go you:)

had WI yesterday, happy to say I broke the streak! -2.5lbs I'm delighted, and determined to have another great week this week.

my loss has been slower this time round than my first time in ww but its coming off I guess so thats what counts!

Start Weight 19th Nov :14S 4lbs
    Current weight: 13s 8.5lbs

Goal by end of Feb to get my first stone, and by end of march to be in the 12s bracket that will put me back to where I was on my summer hols last year. Ultimate goal 11s 7lbs! CAN'T WAIT!! I've so many nice skinny work clothes, I'm so over looking like a frump!

You are all so so good with running, and if the weather wasn't so god awful I think I'd be inspired to be out there running too. I'm going to go back to my spinning classes tomorrow I think, and as the evenings get a bit longer I'll maybe get into this c25k :eek:

Hi Dottie, congrats on breaking the streak:) 2.5lbs is a brilliant weight loss in a week. The losses have been slower for me this time around aswell but what matters is that we are trying. I have my weigh in tomorrow so hopefully I have a loss aswell. I really struggled to keep away from food this week:D Good luck with your spinning class tomorrow:)

Good luck with your spinning class tomorrow:)

well now that you've said that I have to go!!:eek:

I think the slower loss in penance for our sins!

well now that you've said that I have to go!!:eek:

I think the slower loss in penance for our sins!

Ha ha, You will love it once you start:p God my sins must be bad because its after taking over a year to lose my weight:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

Hey everyone long time lurker here, I have finally decided to post as I would say I am driving my family and friends mad talking about weight watchers and new recipes! I have been going to weightwatchers for years and finally got to goal in 2012 but then I got married and had a baby and now I'm on the road back to goal again, I have been doing the simple start and I'm loving it, I have also tried to start the couch to 5 k after reading all the posts from people doing it finding it hard so far but I'll keep trying. Currently I am down 16lb with another 16 to go so I hope ye don't mind me tagging along with ye!:)

• Advertisement

lolc wrote: »
    Hey everyone long time lurker here, I have finally decided to post as I would say I am driving my family and friends mad talking about weight watchers and new recipes! I have been going to weightwatchers for years and finally got to goal in 2012 but then I got married and had a baby and now I'm on the road back to goal again, I have been doing the simple start and I'm loving it, I have also tried to start the couch to 5 k after reading all the posts from people doing it finding it hard so far but I'll keep trying. Currently I am down 16lb with another 16 to go so I hope ye don't mind me tagging along with ye!:)

Welcome! its nice to have a place for all the ww chat, sometimes I can feel ppl rolling their eyes when I talk about it out in the real world!

Advertisement