Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

lolc wrote: »
    Hey everyone long time lurker here, I have finally decided to post as I would say I am driving my family and friends mad talking about weight watchers and new recipes! I have been going to weightwatchers for years and finally got to goal in 2012 but then I got married and had a baby and now I'm on the road back to goal again, I have been doing the simple start and I'm loving it, I have also tried to start the couch to 5 k after reading all the posts from people doing it finding it hard so far but I'll keep trying. Currently I am down 16lb with another 16 to go so I hope ye don't mind me tagging along with ye!:)

Hi lolc, welcome the more the merrier:) You will get plenty of support on this site so good luck with your weight loss journey:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Got a recipe for SS curry from our leader last week. It sounds terrible but just try it as OMG its the most amazing curry sauce ever! Its free on F+H plan and not sure about pp but think its about 17pp for whole saucepan full of curry sauce (Open to correction)
    Here it is if anyone is interested.
    1x400g tin chopped tomatoes
    1x420g tin mushy peas
    1x420g tin baked beans
    2 tablespoons curry powder (whatever strength you like - I used medium)
    Blitz it all together with blender/food processor

Instant curry sauce!

I fried some chicken, courgette, carrots and onions until cooked then added half the batch of curry sauce - heated it through and served with cauliflower rice for a Yummy Chicken Curry, easily enough for 2-3 people! Going to freeze the other half and have it for another time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

^^
    Sounds awful when you list the ingredients but I'm intrigued! Might have to try this!

jubella wrote: »
    ^^
    Sounds awful when you list the ingredients but I'm intrigued! Might have to try this!

I know it sounds absolutely terrible! But she managed to convince me to try it and I'm so glad I did! :D Have a go and let me know what you think! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

JudyD wrote: »
    Got a recipe for SS curry from our leader last week. It sounds terrible but just try it as OMG its the most amazing curry sauce ever! Its free on F+H plan and not sure about pp but think its about 17pp for whole saucepan full of curry sauce (Open to correction)
    1x420g tin mushy peas
    1x420g tin baked beans

Instant curry sauce!

I fried some chicken, courgette, carrots and onions until cooked then added half the batch of curry sauce - heated it through and served with cauliflower rice for a Yummy Chicken Curry, easily enough for 2-3 people! Going to freeze the other half and have it for another time. :)

I'm going to have to try that, out of curiosity as much as anything! it sounds so odd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

had WI yesterday, happy to say I broke the streak! -2.5lbs I'm delighted, and determined to have another great week this week.

my loss has been slower this time round than my first time in ww but its coming off I guess so thats what counts!

Start Weight 19th Nov :14S 4lbs
    Current weight: 13s 8.5lbs

Goal by end of Feb to get my first stone, and by end of march to be in the 12s bracket that will put me back to where I was on my summer hols last year. Ultimate goal 11s 7lbs! CAN'T WAIT!! I've so many nice skinny work clothes, I'm so over looking like a frump!

You are all so so good with running, and if the weather wasn't so god awful I think I'd be inspired to be out there running too. I'm going to go back to my spinning classes tomorrow I think, and as the evenings get a bit longer I'll maybe get into this c25k :eek:

i am dreaming of being 13stone 8.5lbs!! 13st 7lb is my next mini self goal! well done on your loss :-D
    i may go for an occasional run but im so **** scared of spinning class its not even funny....is it absolute beast mode inducing or what's it like? is it like cycling up the sugar loaf for 2 hours with 8 bag of shopping??.................

I ate 2 lidl profiterole desserts and tbh am not sorry one bit i enjoyed the feck out of them..........I should feel a bit bad about that, but my weeklies are absorbing it for me. Am going to rack up a heap of activity points this week and not use them for food if possible. And I have a sneaking little suspicion there may be a spinning class in my near future...

Hey everyone long time lurker here, I have finally decided to post as I would say I am driving my family and friends mad talking about weight watchers and new recipes! I have been going to weightwatchers for years and finally got to goal in 2012 but then I got married and had a baby and now I'm on the road back to goal again, I have been doing the simple start and I'm loving it, I have also tried to start the couch to 5 k after reading all the posts from people doing it finding it hard so far but I'll keep trying. Currently I am down 16lb with another 16 to go so I hope ye don't mind me tagging along with ye!:)

delighted you have decided to post - its nice to see new cyber faces (??) around here!! channel all that WW chat in here we LOVE hearing it lol well I do anyway. Congrats on getting goal in 2012 - at least ye know you can do it! some days i think im destined to be a tank for the rest of my life, but hearing that people get to their goals is one of the things that spur me on. Someone in my meeting had lost 3.5stone in total the other night - when ya hear it put like that its just amazing. The -1lbs and -0.5 lbs in the right direction really add up over time.
    Would love to hear another person giving the couch to 5k a go!! We might have to start a new WW Couch to 5k thread at this rate!!! :-D
    16lb is a fab loss, and 16lb left to lose is so doable you will be great. :-) I have 49 left to lose myself! (3.5 stone). Anyway, enough of my ****etalking, nice to have you here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Sorry but tinned, processed mushy peas and beans are of no nutritional value and are a waste of calories, I can't believe a weight loss "professional" actually suggested making that. Curry can be one of the healthiest most delicious meals, what she has suggested is just processed slop. Using something like this with regular veg and meat would be better IMO, I use this and it's fab: www.mrcurry.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Sorry but tinned, processed mushy peas and beans are of no nutritional value and are a waste of calories, I can't believe a weight loss "professional" actually suggested making that. Curry can be one of the healthiest most delicious meals, what she has suggested is just processed slop. Using something like this with regular veg and meat would be better IMO, I use this and it's fab: www.mrcurry.ie/

Completely agree. You can make a great curry by blending up carrots and other veg, with stock, curry powder and seasoning. And would obviously be a lot more nutritious for you. I think a lot of the WW leaders are more interested in points than nutrition, even though WW as a whole is trying to change that.

Carrot and coriander soup made, week 7 day 1 couch to 5k just completed, i cycled from town whatever distance that is, squats and planking to be done before bed (ive been avoiding the planks, thanks for the reminder Judy!!) - and I've got breakfast lunch and dinner organised for tomorrow! No excercise officially planned for tomorrow so think I will try a yoga video on youtube and do my planks and squats. Maybe untangle the skipping rope for a quick jaunt!
    It seems a bit fast to be this many in but I am 14 points into my weeklies since yesterday evening. Seems ok as that means 7 per day. It suits me better to use them in small amounts every day it seems but I stretch it and use them all if i'm feeling particularly good one week and know there's something on. Nothing planned for this weekend as have things to catch up on so I am going to enjoy having a few extra treats throughout the week. I am getting very sick of having so much dairy with the shredded wheat so a breakfast rejig is in order... or almond milk is needed.
    I am very much looking forward to plain oul regular porridge tomorrow - i've missed it! Going to have soe honey, cinnamon and almond on it... Yummmmmmmmm!

Any one got any good sweet chilli dip ideas? Was thinking wrap with prawn or chicken but not sure what else to put in..any suggestions welcome!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

2lbs down, yippee!!! 1.5lbs to my fourth stone and 8.5lbs to goal!!! :D

Hey guys, you can make a curry upteen different ways. And there are healthier ways of doing it - agreed. I'm all for trying out new recipes and having some fun in the kitchen. :)

But sometimes things don't always work out as you'd like. And sometimes it is tempting to dial in for that takeaway. I think its times like that when recipes like this come in handy. I'm pretty sure its NOT supposed to be an all inclusive ready to go meal. It is a base to which you add your vegetables and meat. And as beans and peas are a source of protein and fibre it is still surely a better alternative to a take-away curry? Just my humble opinion.

metime wrote: »
    Carrot and coriander soup made, week 7 day 1 couch to 5k just completed, i cycled from town whatever distance that is, squats and planking to be done before bed (ive been avoiding the planks, thanks for the reminder Judy!!) - and I've got breakfast lunch and dinner organised for tomorrow! No excercise officially planned for tomorrow so think I will try a yoga video on youtube and do my planks and squats. Maybe untangle the skipping rope for a quick jaunt!
    It seems a bit fast to be this many in but I am 14 points into my weeklies since yesterday evening. Seems ok as that means 7 per day. It suits me better to use them in small amounts every day it seems but I stretch it and use them all if i'm feeling particularly good one week and know there's something on. Nothing planned for this weekend as have things to catch up on so I am going to enjoy having a few extra treats throughout the week. I am getting very sick of having so much dairy with the shredded wheat so a breakfast rejig is in order... or almond milk is needed.
    I am very much looking forward to plain oul regular porridge tomorrow - i've missed it! Going to have soe honey, cinnamon and almond on it... Yummmmmmmmm!

Wow metime - thats an amazing lot of exercise! Go you!! You're so motivated it makes me want to jump up and start doing something!!! :D Goddamit - I better introduce the squats so. Share and share alike! :rolleyes:

Wow metime - thats an amazing lot of exercise! Go you!! You're so motivated it makes me want to jump up and start doing something!!! :D Goddamit - I better introduce the squats so. Share and share alike! :rolleyes:

WAHEY!! Feeling the squats in my legs and tum today, could feel my core a bit stronger on tonights run which was great - only two days of squatting! Wonder what it would be like if I kept at it for a month, AND planked....plunk....plankeded...! I am dreading planking a bit but know I need to ....going to try work up to match your 35 seconds in the next week or so!! Has it taken you long to be able to do that? i don't even know what i'm able to do but guess i will know better by tonight lol. also meant t o ask you how you were measuring how fast you were doing your runs? I think you were around 4km p/h, are you using an app or just doing it manually with timing and measuring distance? im into week 7 now - noticed a speed improvement tonight though started off perhaps a bit too fast and nearly didnt make it - i had to stop for traffic tonight, chose a bad route, was raging - added an extra 2 minutes to make up for it - tough but worth it!
    ALSO the podcast im doing says that run is 2.5 miles - i measured week 6 day 3 including warm up and down to be just over 5km, ?

I am a bit conscious here of yacking on abut couch to 5k, maybe i should start a new thread ? sorry if annoying anyone! seems to be motivating one or two anyway, perhaps not all bad :-)

and PURPLE PAWPRINTS thats BRILliANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ye thought ye were gonna be up....see!! delighted for ya :-) here's to another great week - you are so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

Hey JudyD might not be the healthiest but I suck at making currys they usually end up quite tasteless but I made this one last week and me and the hubby both loved it! Will definitely be made again in our house! I also made the diet coke chicken and it was delicious!

1x420g tin mushy peas
    1x420g tin baked beans

Instant curry sauce!

cauliflour rice .........please do tell !!! sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

Got good news at my hospital appointment this morning confirmed I've lost half a stone (I do WW online so using my own scales I'm always worried it isn't quite right!) have to go back on some medication but the consultant thinks it will help with the weight loss so fingers crossed! Doc was happy with me anyway, have to go back in 4 months for my next check up so would love to be down 2 stone by then.

Feeling very motivated now after a couple of crappy weeks, meeting a friend for dinner out tomorrow night but apart from that I have a quiet weekend planned so will be sticking rigidly to the plan. If this bloody weather ever improves I might actually get out for a walk or 2 as well.....easing myself into exercising gently lol can't wait for the bright evenings again always find it easier to diet and exercise then!

Purple Pawprints well done on the loss again this week you are doing brilliantly. It's great to have this thread and seeing all the great results people are having, because I don't go to meetings it really helps keep me motivated :-)

Thanks so much for all the kind words every body, it really means a lot :D

Seriously though, if I can lose weight anyone can so don't give up, keep going!

Seriously though, if I can lose weight anyone can so don't give up, keep going!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!! :-D
    Let's lose the feckin beejaysus outta this weight, yeah? :-D

Damn right, onwards and downwards everyone! :D

• Advertisement

Just had this absolute beasssssssst of a breakfast - 7 or 8pp!(guesstimation for now :-)) and thought I would share. Just what the hungry sugar fiend in me wanted this morning!!!
    2 sunblest crumpets @ 2pp each
    2 tblsps glenisk fat free organic nat yog @1pp
    3 big strawberries
    Tiny banana sliced
    A sprinkle of blueberries
    About 4 blackberries
    Drizzle of honey 2pp
    100 squats done this morning, planked for 35seconds last night. Hoping to get out for some fresh air at lunch.

Have a great day everyone!

1x420g tin mushy peas
    1x420g tin baked beans

Instant curry sauce!

Hi Judy, It sounds awful but you have spiked my interest so I will give it a try. Thanks for posting it:)

Hi Seosamh, Thanks for that I am always looking for new ways to make curry:)

Just had this absolute beasssssssst of a breakfast - 7 or 8pp!(guesstimation for now :-)) and thought I would share. Just what the hungry sugar fiend in me wanted this morning!!!
    3 big strawberries
    Tiny banana sliced
    About 4 blackberries
    Drizzle of honey 2pp
    100 squats done this morning, planked for 35seconds last night. Hoping to get out for some fresh air at lunch.

Sounds yum:) By the way you sound like you are flying at the exercise so go you:)

Have my weigh in today so I hope I get good news:) Will report back later! Good luck with all the weigh ins and congrats on all the great losses:) Onwards and downwards!

WAHEY!! Feeling the squats in my legs and tum today, could feel my core a bit stronger on tonights run which was great - only two days of squatting! Wonder what it would be like if I kept at it for a month, AND planked....plunk....plankeded...! I am dreading planking a bit but know I need to ....going to try work up to match your 35 seconds in the next week or so!! Has it taken you long to be able to do that? i don't even know what i'm able to do but guess i will know better by tonight lol. also meant t o ask you how you were measuring how fast you were doing your runs? I think you were around 4km p/h, are you using an app or just doing it manually with timing and measuring distance? im into week 7 now - noticed a speed improvement tonight though started off perhaps a bit too fast and nearly didnt make it - i had to stop for traffic tonight, chose a bad route, was raging - added an extra 2 minutes to make up for it - tough but worth it!
    ALSO the podcast im doing says that run is 2.5 miles - i measured week 6 day 3 including warm up and down to be just over 5km, ?

I am a bit conscious here of yacking on abut couch to 5k, maybe i should start a new thread ? sorry if annoying anyone! seems to be motivating one or two anyway, perhaps not all bad :-)

and PURPLE PAWPRINTS thats BRILliANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ye thought ye were gonna be up....see!! delighted for ya :-) here's to another great week - you are so close!

Definitely WELL DONE PURPLE PAWPRINTS! You're flying it!! :)
    Metime - I'm doing the c25k on the treadmill at the moment. Between the two kids and the weather I just amen't able to get out. I'm hoping when things settle down and the little one starts creche in May that I can get out on the roads. So its handy from the point of view that I know the speeds I'm doing but can get a little boring. I much prefer to run outside!

As for the plank - you're waaay fitter than me. Took me 3 weeks to build up to 35seconds. Started off having to struggle to do 10secs!!! Found a 'Power Plank Progression' on google images which I attempted yesterday. 'Attempted' being the operative word - Couldn't manage it at all. So that's the next challenge. :rolleyes:

The good news its it is paying off though! I am now comfortably FITTING into my slim size 16 jeans. Major achievement!! A few more pounds and I'll be in size 14s (*fingers crossed)
    cauliflour rice .........please do tell !!! sounds great!

This also sounds bizarre but I love it with a curry/indian sauce. Basically, you blitz half a cauliflower head in a food processor (or grate it) then put in a microwaveable bowl and cover - heat for 1-3 mins (depending on your microwave) and it fluffs up a bit. You can use it as a zero pp alternative to rice. Or some people like to mix it up with rice - half and half. :)

Hey JudyD might not be the healthiest but I suck at making currys they usually end up quite tasteless but I made this one last week and me and the hubby both loved it! Will definitely be made again in our house! I also made the diet coke chicken and it was delicious!

Hey Lolc, what's the diet coke chicken? I'm intrigued!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello All,
    Had WI last night and delighted to say STS. I had an awful week last week and ate everything I could get my paws on. But started fresh on Monday and so far my week is going well. I made a big of veg soup and have been having that along with the SS oat bread which gorgeous and very filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done Slay! :) I've been eating a lot this week too unfortunately! I used up all of my weekly points in one fell swoop, and I always feel awful when I do that. It feels like I'm stuck for the rest of the week and then I end up going slightly over my daily points. Oh well, I think I managed to reign things in so I hope I can come out of my WI tonight like you and STS at least.

My points went down from 30 to 29 last week, and I have to say that 1 point really does count for me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

3 big strawberries
    Tiny banana sliced
    About 4 blackberries
    Drizzle of honey 2pp

Looks delish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

Hey Lolc, what's the diet coke chicken? I'm intrigued!! :)

Hi Judy, Ingredients:

400g sliced chicken breast

1 onion, diced

330ml can Diet Coke

6 tablespoons passata

Dash of worcestershire sauce

Fry Light

Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat a large saute pan and spray with Fry Light
    Add the chicken and onion and fry until beginning to colour
    Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil
    Simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces down to about half its volume - approximately 30 minutes

It was nice a bit like barbque sauce

Advertisement