Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi a bit of a lurker here. Have decided to try get back into WW myself at home and get serious about getting healthy again. I lost almost 40 lbs doing Unprocessed and loosely following WW in 2012/13 but college and exams etc got in the way and I put it all back on, plus about 5 lbs! I was just wondering if any of ye do WW but only unprocessed foods? The likes of frylite spray, 0% fat and sugar-free is not for me but hoping I can still stick to the PP's this time as I think having the structure will be helpful! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, Just back from my weigh in and I was 2 and half down! that is a big loss for me so absolutely delighted:) Onwards and Downwards:)

lolc wrote: »
    Hi Judy, Ingredients:

400g sliced chicken breast

1 onion, diced

330ml can Diet Coke

6 tablespoons passata

Dash of worcestershire sauce

Fry Light

Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat a large saute pan and spray with Fry Light
    Add the chicken and onion and fry until beginning to colour
    Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil
    Simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces down to about half its volume - approximately 30 minutes

It was nice a bit like barbque sauce

Hi lolc, That sounds yum!! Will give that a try thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Congratulations to all the losers ! You've all done so so well. Judy D thanks for the curry recipe. I'm coeliac so that means it's hard to find PP friendly sauces.

Going grocery shopping on the way home from work and definitely trying out JudyD's curry sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

So I was up AGAIN!! Livid I must say, tried F&H for a full month and clearly it's not working so back to pointing everything. Got the Value Diary app which was a bit pricy at €2.50 but it's brilliant, really rate it so far. So back to the daily fun of pointing and really watching what I'm doing.

It's going to be a tough few days though, out for dinner tonight, tomorrow and Saturday night AND out for lunch in Avoca tomorrow. If I manage to point everything and make good choices I'll be grand. Avoca though, all those cakes will be hard to resist, sigh.

Well done to everyone who's lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

So I was up AGAIN!! Livid I must say, tried F&H for a full month and clearly it's not working so back to pointing everything. Got the Value Diary app which was a bit pricy at €2.50 but it's brilliant, really rate it so far. So back to the daily fun of pointing and really watching what I'm doing.

It's going to be a tough few days though, out for dinner tonight, tomorrow and Saturday night AND out for lunch in Avoca tomorrow. If I manage to point everything and make good choices I'll be grand. Avoca though, all those cakes will be hard to resist, sigh.

if i was you id plan to have a cake slice, enjoy it a LOT and make up for it elsewhere . just me though.
    but tbh in fairness, maybe ye shouldnt take my advice.lol, "advice".... im just at 14 stone and have just ordered chipper . **cries into garic dip**

enjoy your eating out anywhos :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

The price of that app is worth it, esp now or going back to pointing. It shows ur progress on charts, calculates ur goals such as 10% & it calculates ur exercise as well.
    Enjoy our wknd & start fresh on Monday :)

metime wrote: »
    if i was you id plan to have a cake slice, enjoy it a LOT and make up for it elsewhere . just me though.
    but tbh in fairness, maybe ye shouldnt take my advice.lol, "advice".... im just at 14 stone and have just ordered chipper . **cries into garic dip**

enjoy your eating out anywhos :-D

I cant have chipper chips without garlic Mayo (if my husband came home with no garlic I would be odd) ! Thank God we haven't been to chipper since the new year, before I joined back at ww. I'm a bit jealous now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

I was the same with the SS plan and F+H tbh. But even though I've gone back to propointing - and its working (Thank God!) I'm still trying to eat as much as possible from the F+H list. I find it great as I'm never hungry and don't have sugar cravings hardly at all!!! Good luck with the pointing :)

lolc wrote: »
    Hi Judy, Ingredients:

400g sliced chicken breast

1 onion, diced

330ml can Diet Coke

6 tablespoons passata

Dash of worcestershire sauce

Fry Light

Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat a large saute pan and spray with Fry Light
    Add the chicken and onion and fry until beginning to colour
    Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil
    Simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces down to about half its volume - approximately 30 minutes

It was nice a bit like barbque sauce

Wow - sounds yum - I'd say the whole family would love it too!! A nice friday night treat - might give it a go tomorrow!! :)
    Slaygal wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the losers ! You've all done so so well. Judy D thanks for the curry recipe. I'm coeliac so that means it's hard to find PP friendly sauces.

Going grocery shopping on the way home from work and definitely trying out JudyD's curry sauce.

No worries Slaygal - never registered with me that its gluten free. Have you tried the SS bread? Its a gluten-free recipe and gorgeous bread too! I can post it if you haven't got it. :)

I cant have chipper chips without garlic Mayo (if my husband came home with no garlic I would be odd) ! Thank God we haven't been to chipper since the new year, before I joined back at ww. I'm a bit jealous now

Oh God yes! No point at all without the garlic mayo - plus you need it for dunking the onion rings too....mmmmMMMmmm *drooling onto the keyboard ;)

• Advertisement

JudyD yes I made the SS bread twice. Need to make it again. It was so tasty and so filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Lola92 wrote: »
    Hi a bit of a lurker here. Have decided to try get back into WW myself at home and get serious about getting healthy again. I lost almost 40 lbs doing Unprocessed and loosely following WW in 2012/13 but college and exams etc got in the way and I put it all back on, plus about 5 lbs! I was just wondering if any of ye do WW but only unprocessed foods? The likes of frylite spray, 0% fat and sugar-free is not for me but hoping I can still stick to the PP's this time as I think having the structure will be helpful! :)

Hi Lola. I am trying to change my eating habits and eat healthier. I'm not going completely unprocessed as for me that is too strict at this moment. I don't eat any WW products etc as I know they are unhealthy but I would eat low fat butter and mayo and bread. I am a firm believer in doing what is right for you. If you can go unprocessed then definitely do. I switched back to propoints as I slipped up big time and I need to structure to get me back on track.

I won't lie, I loved it. Will need to drink about 3 pints of water to undo the thirst it would give me by the morning - and did 50 squats just after I ordered it out of guilt, LOL. Big cycle and a run planned for tomorrow, and more squats and planking before bed. Thought i'd 'treat' myself - ridiculous it's a treat to eat a load of grease, but trying to change that. I have waves of vegan / raw food / mad health buzz...and then waves of this crap!!!! Its so inconsistent - eek!

JudyD wrote: »
    Oh God yes! No point at all without the garlic mayo - plus you need it for dunking the onion rings too....mmmmMMMmmm *drooling onto the keyboard ;)

i ate 5 big onion rings. sigh. wont tell ye what else - embarassing amount.
    SOOO... on the topic of onion rings, I really need to make these at home and come up with a WW / SS version of garlic mayo. ....a "Fakeaway", if ye will.
    I am thinking onion cut into slices, pop out the rings, dip in egg to get some stick.... use some calorie controlled bread for the crumbs and bake them with some of the spray oil / baking paper?
    wondering about the garlic dip then, anyone any suggestions for a low cal version? or how they make it like they do in the chipper?? would LOVE an alternative..... maybe greek yoghurt, lemon, pepper, bit of low cal mayo, something along those lines??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

What about helmans lighter than light mayo, a bit of garlic paste?? Would that work?

jlm29 wrote: »
    What about helmans lighter than light mayo, a bit of garlic paste?? Would that work?

oh! yes, perfect. Havin such a foody day though the thought of light mayo im like "ah here", but i know that its whats needed!!!!! this 3.5 stone aint gonna shift itself.... :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ban25

Hiya everyone you are all doing great!! I'm also guilty of being a long time lurker?
    I had a disappointing weigh in last was 4 pounds away from goal and I was up 2 !! I was soo good all week no alcohol etc the only thing is I joined trx and had two classes this week? My leader said it may be muscle? What does this mean? Will my weight keep going up if I continue these classes?? Has anyone had any experience? What should I except in the coming weeks ? Xx

Made the point free curry sauce last night. OH loved it. I enjoyed it but maybe I did something wrong because it didn't taste like curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Hi Lola. I am trying to change my eating habits and eat healthier. I'm not going completely unprocessed as for me that is too strict at this moment. I don't eat any WW products etc as I know they are unhealthy but I would eat low fat butter and mayo and bread. I am a firm believer in doing what is right for you. If you can go unprocessed then definitely do. I switched back to propoints as I slipped up big time and I need to structure to get me back on track.

Thanks Duffy89! Im using propoints too, I need the structure of a set play to start me off anyway!

ban25 wrote: »
    Hiya everyone you are all doing great!! I'm also guilty of being a long time lurker?
    I had a disappointing weigh in last was 4 pounds away from goal and I was up 2 !! I was soo good all week no alcohol etc the only thing is I joined trx and had two classes this week? My leader said it may be muscle? What does this mean? Will my weight keep going up if I continue these classes?? Has anyone had any experience? What should I except in the coming weeks ? Xx

hi there and welcome :-)
    id say it is musle! i was watching videos and looking up about people doing crossfit, and their weight was staying the same or going slightly up as they built their muscle.
    im not an expert but with me personally i am definitely swapping out some fat for muscle at the moment- i'd say it will balance out for you in the coming weeks, based on my experience. The way I feel it works is that the muscle gets built and then you are capable of bburning more fat throughout the day. So you may not be getting the results you want just right now but I think that long term it will pay off for you, and you will have a fitter healthier looking bod for it too!!!??

• Advertisement

metime wrote: »
    i ate 5 big onion rings. sigh. wont tell ye what else - embarassing amount.
    SOOO... on the topic of onion rings, I really need to make these at home and come up with a WW / SS version of garlic mayo. ....a "Fakeaway", if ye will.
    I am thinking onion cut into slices, pop out the rings, dip in egg to get some stick.... use some calorie controlled bread for the crumbs and bake them with some of the spray oil / baking paper?
    wondering about the garlic dip then, anyone any suggestions for a low cal version? or how they make it like they do in the chipper?? would LOVE an alternative..... maybe greek yoghurt, lemon, pepper, bit of low cal mayo, something along those lines??

Never even THOUGHT of doing a homemade version but now that you mention it - its very doable! A few recipes online recommend using egg white as the binding agent and mix crushed cornflakes with breadcrumbs for batter?! Then bake in the oven.

For Garlic dip - how about philly light garlic + herb and add extra crushed garlic and maybe lemon juice according to what it needs.
    I suppose you could make the dip with extra light mayo and crushed garlic and lemon juice equally well - might even be closer to the chipper version!

Definitely something to attempt next time I have the craving! :) Cheers for the inspiration metime!! :D

Slaygal wrote: »
    Made the point free curry sauce last night. OH loved it. I enjoyed it but maybe I did something wrong because it didn't taste like curry.

hmmm what strength curry powder did you use? It probably needs medium to hot. I guess its not a real curry sauce either - its more like a curry you get in an Irish pub - if that makes any sense! :rolleyes: My descriptions are appalling!

Hi everyone miserable day isint it? I attempted to make pancakes this morning, 2 eggs & a banana liquidised together, Unfortunatly they looked more like an omelette that was falling apart but they tasted good. I suppose il have to practice in the presentation. Goin out tonight to a retirement party in the boardwalk. I think it will be finger food so I'm dreading it cos I love their wings. Add a few drinks & I'm hoping I can stay within my weekly points. But sur that's what they are there for I suppose...... Best of luck everyone this wknd

Hi everyone miserable day isint it? I attempted to make pancakes this morning, 2 eggs & a banana liquidised together, Unfortunatly they looked more like an omelette that was falling apart but they tasted good. I suppose il have to practice in the presentation. Goin out tonight to a retirement party in the boardwalk. I think it will be finger food so I'm dreading it cos I love their wings. Add a few drinks & I'm hoping I can stay within my weekly points. But sur that's what they are there for I suppose...... Best of luck everyone this wknd

Gosh I never think of making pancakes that's another nice idea for brekki thanks for posting it:). I have a chest infection and am feeling awful today:( Most people go off food when they are sick but I am like hungers mother:eek: if you can eat it Im wanting it. Anyway have a nice time this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Grrrrr was out all night last night drinking like a loolah even got a pizza half way through the night. I'm having a bottomless stomach day as a result :( I've managed to be so so eating wise and havent gine crazy but I'm really hungry.
    I had to take a nap to keep from mooching round eating!
    Gotta do dinner now but I think I have to give in. Gonna get a roast chicken from the supermarket its as close a walk as the take away and its not the worst thing I could do.

I'm feeling pretty guilty and worried about weigh in, but I guess I have to live my life too I cant just not go out and have fun. Its probably ok to be bad 10% of the time if you're pointing and food planning all the rest of the time? As long as u bounce right back to the routine? I'm also feeling a little annoyed at myself for feeling guilty...sorry for the rambling, just needed to verbalise.

honeygirl wrote: »
    Gosh I never think of making pancakes that's another nice idea for brekki thanks for posting it:). I have a chest infection and am feeling awful today:( Most people go off food when they are sick but I am like hungers mother:eek: if you can eat it Im wanting it. Anyway have a nice time this evening!

I'm the same - woke up with a desperate sore throat but that hasn't stopped me eating all around me in my martyrdom!! :( - Feel better soon honeygirl

pancakes are a serious weakness of mine - even the mention of them makes my knees quiver, lol. I haven't had them in ages and that's why i was craving crumpets so much when I heard they were decent PP! Seriously recommend them. I made pancake / crepes before I think I remember the whole recipe coming to 27pp - flour is crazy high! I used the batter up over a few days but then of course the Nutella was needed...

My lower points version is now crumpets! This week I went through 6 crumpets in 3 days having them toasted (no butter) with 2 tbsp glenisk natural fat free yoghurt and mixed berries on top, and then a little drizzle of honey. Incredible - feels like such a treat and is so so so so so so SO delicious - it was like my carrot whilst working out thinking about it - , I could eat it all day kind of delicious! I find for me it is also really nice way of getting some fruit in as well - I can be terrible at that. Satisfies my sweet craving too - for a while anyway.

I've been ignoring vegetables the last while, ugh, so stupidly - got back on it a bit today and steamed some salmon fillets, brocolli, eggs, spinach and carrots. Healthiest i've eaten in a while. Ridiculous - it sounds good though I am and have been couch bound pretty much the last couple of days except for when i got up to excercise and get food, as am working on some projects with deadlines. Same deal this weekend. It has already resulted in two take aways..... ate more bread this week than I have in ages, and am about 7 points over for today. My weeklies are definitely already gone before today.

Am about to have a cauppachino even though its 11.45pm. My tracking went to **** because I was trying something and then messed it up and got lost. I tracked today accurately though guessed the last couple of hours.

Am yet to do todays squats. Maybe i'll do them in turbo time after the ridiculous late night coffee. :-D Planning to read for a couple of hours btw, am not just drinking coffee to go to sleep! +2 points, Putting me at 9 over points today.

I will most definitely be up on Tuesday if I keep at it like i have been doing.
    I am going to try reign it in Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday - it is my goal to be within my points every day - and track SO accurately to make damn sure I am! WOW look at all my waffling!!! omg waffles
    Noooooooo ahh

Jubella, I'm wondering how you're getting on after not getting to the meeting? x

Hi All,
    had a chinese and a rake of wine last night. Even though I'm a bit hungover today I'm pleased with myself, had an egg and ss bread for breakfast, soup for lunch and a pitta bread pizza with salad for dinner. Snacked on popcorn.

JudyD will try the sauce with a different curry powder. There was a bit too much so next time I'll half the recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

-1.6 today brings me to -9.4 in 5 weeks.

Going to take a few days off and then try simple start for the first time on Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Great to see you all doing so well!

After I came back from my weekend away, I got this horrific flu-like infection, and ive been eating everything in reach for about a week. I skipped weigh in too, partially because I knew it would be bad, but also because I was too sick to leave the house! So starting again tomorrow- strict strict strict! I'll do my best to not use my weeklies too. I'd love a good result on Saturday!

Advertisement