Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Evening all, after lurking in the background reading all your posts for the last couple of weeks I bite the bullet and went back to WW last Tuesday. Did Core years ago so was happy to embrace Simple Start. Have had the odd wobble during the week but in general have been fairly good. Made the porridge bread and the jam with the fruit and jelly and it has been a life saver.

To everybody on the c25k can I just say stick to it. I was a literally a couch potato and still remember looking at the programme one day and nearly having a heart attack at the thoughts of going from my 60 second run to 90 seconds!!! I'm now running 5k and am on a novice programme for a 10k. Have done 3 10ks slowly so my aim this year is to come in under 60 mins and not to stop once!!!!!!!!

Good luck everybody and hope you all have a good week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Morning WW people,

We are defo in slow down mode now but just need to keep on going, this week I lost 1.2lbs which is better than nothing I guess.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Chong wrote: »
    Morning WW people,

We are defo in slow down mode now but just need to keep on going, this week I lost 1.2lbs which is better than nothing I guess.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs

Hi Chong, Keep going you are doing really well:) It doesn't matter how small the loss is once the scale keeps going down, it all adds up in the end. Anyway slow and steady is better:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thanks Honeygirl for the support :). That's true would be more demoralising with a gain or STS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Would like to get some other perspectives on activity points. I wear a heart rate monitor at the gym and spinning for 40 mins burned 450 cals. Is there a way to convert that accurately? Or do I log it at 40ins mod or high intensity? I dont eat my activity points but I'd like to be recording them right at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Would like to get some other perspectives on activity points. I wear a heart rate monitor at the gym and spinning for 40 mins burned 450 cals. Is there a way to convert that accurately? Or do I log it at 40ins mod or high intensity? I dont eat my activity points but I'd like to be recording them right at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joeybrooks

Hi all, I am only new on this board and would like to ask a question, but thought it would be only polite to introduce myself first.

I have been a Northern Ireland WW Member for 9 years. I got to goal having lost 5 stone, maintained that for 4.5 years, and then had my first baby and I am now back at class trying to shift baby weight and have another 2 stone to go - I am getting married in December, so that is my big focus and motivation.

I would often use the WW UK community forum, but for the WW Ireland questions, they are no use!

Ok, hope that is enough background information. Now for my question.

I am following the Simple Start plan at the minute and would like to know if the Pat the Baker Seeded Slimbos are included on the Filling and Healthy/Simple Start plan.

Many thanks to anyone that can help and nice to meet you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

joeybrooks wrote: »
    Hi all, I am only new on this board and would like to ask a question, but thought it would be only polite to introduce myself first.

I have been a Northern Ireland WW Member for 9 years. I got to goal having lost 5 stone, maintained that for 4.5 years, and then had my first baby and I am now back at class trying to shift baby weight and have another 2 stone to go - I am getting married in December, so that is my big focus and motivation.

I would often use the WW UK community forum, but for the WW Ireland questions, they are no use!

Ok, hope that is enough background information. Now for my question.

I am following the Simple Start plan at the minute and would like to know if the Pat the Baker Seeded Slimbos are included on the Filling and Healthy/Simple Start plan.

Many thanks to anyone that can help and nice to meet you all.

Hi and welcome! Pat the Baker seeded Slimbos and all of the Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims are included on the Simple Start plan! Irish Pride Slimsters are not! Best of luck! :)

On my bonus calculator, it gives the points as per your weight, how long the activity is and how wrecked you are doing it!
    Low intensity is "Can talk or sing, breathing is regular, not sweating"
    Moderate intensity is "Can talk but can't sing, breathing is often and deep, sweating after 10 mins"
    High intensity is "Can talk briefly but can't sing, breathing is rapid and deep, sweating after 3-5 mins"

I do a circuit training class twice a week and that goes beyond high IMO...if you can't even pray for God to take you right now, that is seriously f***ing high!!! :eek: That earns me between 8 and 10 activity points. I don't use them, but it's good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Is that 8-10 per session or the two sessions combined? Activity points is still something I struggle to get my head around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 joeybrooks

Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate your response. Just wondering if it is all the seeded slimbos as I know there are white and brown varieties.

Is it just the brown seeded slimbos that are on the plan or the white seeded ones also.

Thanks.

Is that 8-10 per session or the two sessions combined? Activity points is still something I struggle to get my head around

Per session, which is one hour. There's an activity propoints value chart on page 40 of the propoint pocket guide as well if you have it. ;)

joeybrooks wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate your response. Just wondering if it is all the seeded slimbos as I know there are white and brown varieties.

Is it just the brown seeded slimbos that are on the plan or the white seeded ones also.

Thanks.

Just Pat the Baker brown seeded Slimbos. The linseed and sesame aren't on it. But then all types of Country Kitchens slims, including white, are included on SS. They are wafer thin though!

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Per session, which is one hour. There's an activity propoints value chart on page 40 of the propoint pocket guide as well if you have it. ;)

Yeah, I'm not the best at reading through everything :o I do interval training 3 times per week at high intensity but never knew how many points it was. I wouldnt eat the points, but just wanted to know!

Yeah, I'm not the best at reading through everything :o I do interval training 3 times per week at high intensity but never knew how many points it was. I wouldnt eat the points, but just wanted to know!

Only spotted it in the book myself last week and have it since the start of Jan! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Hi all, was down a half a pound this morning. Would have loved if it was 1 pound but I'm sure il get into that 15st range next week. The alcohol on Saturday nite must have slowed me down. Best of luck in all yer weigh-in's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

Down 1.5 today which I am del

I am really struggling at the moment as its my totm, I have a chest infection and I can't stop eating:( I keep going for food (all bad stuff nothing healthy) I know what I am eating is bad for me but I seem to be on self destruct:eek:. Anyway I stood on the scales today and I seem to have gone up 4lb in two days:confused:. I suppose I will get back on track eventually, so disappointed with myself as I was doing so well:o Have my weigh in on Thursday so hopefully I can pull it back some way. sorry lads rant over now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

honeygirl wrote: »
    I am really struggling at the moment as its my totm, I have a chest infection and I can't stop eating:( I keep going for food (all bad stuff nothing healthy) I know what I am eating is bad for me but I seem to be on self destruct:eek:. Anyway I stood on the scales today and I seem to have gone up 4lb in two days:confused:. I suppose I will get back on track eventually, so disappointed with myself as I was doing so well:o Have my weigh in on Thursday so hopefully I can pull it back some way. sorry lads rant over now:(

I had the same problem last week too honeygirl! It was my totm and I knew I wasn't going to weigh in last week so I had quite a few bad days. I had put up 3 or 4 lbs according to my scales too, but after being good the last few days, I'm already back to the weight I was before. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, we all need a little break from it now and then. Just draw a line under it and don't let it affect you going forward :)

honeygirl wrote: »

Oh I feel sorry for you I had a really bad chest infection a couple of weeks ago and all I wanted was crap, especially bread and toast and basically carbs carbs carbs. Like that I was up on the scales but after 2 good days when I was feeling human again I managed to rectify things. I just think when you are sick and fighting an infection then you need to listen to your body and give yourself a break, if you are eating healthily the rest of the time then you will get back on track very quickly.

Be kind to yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

weigh in tomorrow! NO idea what to expect really.
    i have been doing squats, and a little bit of working out this week. couple of cycles and got a couch to5 k run in , possibly two, can't remember!! It is my last day of week 7 runs tomorrow, taking my time with that one! Very excited about moving into week 8.
    food wise have made a move to much fresher unprocessed options. hoping the difference in salt will help with a loss, though i have not been drinking much water. there was also two take aways, and a bit of pizza. so as i said, no idea what to expect really.

i read today that 3500 calories is a pound. is that right?? it didnt seem right to me. I guess it's hard to know.

trying to move much more..
    wearing a pair of jeans right now that were bet on to me this time last year, now they're loose on the thigh and waist :-) delighted. a fair ways to go yet but enjoying the small delights like this.

due to take my body measurements in 6 days - i've started that for the new year i will take them once a month and see how im going. had a sneak at my thigh measurements and seems they have Gained an inch which is really confusing but must be muscle from the running...but then......how are my jeans looser???!!

i dunno!

anyway

sorry to hear a couple of ye are sick, glad to hear some fo ye had losses, and look forward to hearing about all the weight loss craic this week!
    i will update tomorrow with my weeks results.

also, very nice seeing some new people posting - i love it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

SunnieT wrote: »
    Oh I feel sorry for you I had a really bad chest infection a couple of weeks ago and all I wanted was crap, especially bread and toast and basically carbs carbs carbs. Like that I was up on the scales but after 2 good days when I was feeling human again I managed to rectify things. I just think when you are sick and fighting an infection then you need to listen to your body and give yourself a break, if you are eating healthily the rest of the time then you will get back on track very quickly.

Be kind to yourself!!

i find when i have bread cravings its usualy a sugar craving in disguise! might i suggeset what i tried this week? i mentioned it in a previous post -
    the crumpets with yoghurt, and a rake load of berries. 2 slices of regular white bread are 5pp - 2 crumpets is 4 and loaded with yoghurt and berries its got protein (if you use greek) and then the natural sugars from the fruit. It might not be but it seems like a real upgrade from the bread in my book, for similar points? ignore this if its a load of crap and irrelevant to ya but thought it might be worth pointing out. and omg all this talk of crumpets, im addicted! ...getting some tomorrow, very excited lol .i like crumpets, can ye tell?? ALSO it tastes like a dessert and ALSO its just so filling and delicious. Can add a banana either.

jubella wrote: »
    I had the same problem last week too honeygirl! It was my totm and I knew I wasn't going to weigh in last week so I had quite a few bad days. I had put up 3 or 4 lbs according to my scales too, but after being good the last few days, I'm already back to the weight I was before. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, we all need a little break from it now and then. Just draw a line under it and don't let it affect you going forward :)
    SunnieT wrote: »

Be kind to yourself!![/QUO

Hi Jubella and Sunniet, Thanks so much for the support you have both made me feel a little better:) I will start again tomorrow and try and track everything, will try and get out for a walk aswell. thanks again:) xx

metime wrote: »
    i find when i have bread cravings its usualy a sugar craving in disguise! might i suggeset what i tried this week? i mentioned it in a previous post -
    the crumpets with yoghurt, and a rake load of berries. 2 slices of regular white bread are 5pp - 2 crumpets is 4 and loaded with yoghurt and berries its got protein (if you use greek) and then the natural sugars from the fruit. It might not be but it seems like a real upgrade from the bread in my book, for similar points? ignore this if its a load of crap and irrelevant to ya but thought it might be worth pointing out. and omg all this talk of crumpets, im addicted! ...getting some tomorrow, very excited lol .i like crumpets, can ye tell?? ALSO it tastes like a dessert and ALSO its just so filling and delicious. Can add a banana either.

Hi Metime, Those crumpets with yoghurt and berries sound delish am going to try them soon:) Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Struggling today but managing so far to stay within my points. Made the most delicious soup this evening! Butternut squash, pepper and chilli. I used water instead of stock for 0 points. Going back for seconds!

metime wrote: »

Crumpets are brilliant my favourite treat is Nutella on a toasted crumpet for 4 points totally satisfies any chocolate craving!!

Boom! after being pissed off for losing nothing last week, I changed nothing, kept to the programme and lost 3 pounds this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I read somewhere that WW have a new plan, is that a replacement of the Propoints, or in conjunction with it? Thanks in advance.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I read somewhere that WW have a new plan, is that a replacement of the Propoints, or in conjunction with it? Thanks in advance.

Hi LynnGrace, The new plan is Simple Start and no it is not a replacement for propoints. It can be used on its own or you can just use your propoints as usual or you can use them in conjunction with each other. Hope that helps:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi LynnGrace,
    There's 3 WW programmes.
    Simple Start, no points.

Simple Start with Weekly Propoints

Pro Points.

Advertisement