Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi LynnGrace, The new plan is Simple Start and no it is not a replacement for propoints. It can be used on its own or you can just use your propoints as usual or you can use them in conjunction with each other. Hope that helps:)

Thanks a million, honey girl. I couldn't find much about it on the WW website, just read bits and pieces about it. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Slaygal wrote: »
    Hi LynnGrace,
    There's 3 WW programmes.
    Simple Start, no points.

Simple Start with Weekly Propoints

Pro Points.

Thanks a million Slaygal. Need to get my act in gear with healthy eating, so might look into rejoining. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Had my WI today, I had stayed on SS with my weeklies and I manage to be up a pound! :mad: I didn't even use all my weeklies :( But my activity has increased and my leader advised that if my clothes are loose, which they are, to keep going as I am but I'm going back on PP from now on. Had a big loss in the first week of SS so it did work but need to keep track of what I'm eating and trying to track just weeklies with SS is a nightmare cos I use the MyScore+ app.
    Anyway, good luck everyone. Onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

After feeling plenty enthusiastic and rearing to go, I've ended up having a really bad couple of weeks. Mostly. Actually I didn't do too badly with making and bringing healthy lunches to work but there were far too many very big bags of crisps, not to mention chocolate, too. So, I had a last blow-out on Saturday and finished off the last of the chocolate on Sunday. Yesterday was book club and I knew we were going out to eat so I just took it a bit easier yesterday, had some weetabix for brekkie and some pitta-bread type yokes with some cheese for lunch then just didn't put myself under pressure in the restaurant last night. Today, I'm doing a kind of a detox kickstart day. I have this week and next week off work but will only actually be away from next Thursday for a long weekend so I'm giving myself a bit of a detox week, actually. There'll be a lot of various kinds of vegetable soup and herbal teas.

So, today I've had a big bowl of spicy carrot and lentil soup. I got up kind of late and was faffing around, not feeling terribly hungry so I just waited to have lunch. Went out for a nice long walk before it got dark and on the way home walked past the fruit shop and then retraced my steps because the longing for a banana couldn't be ignored. I had one euro in my pocket and just wanted to buy one but she ended up giving me six! Woohoo. They're fairly smallish ones, which means really they're just the normal size I remember from when I was a kid, not the giant ones you sometimes get these days. She gave them to me so cheap (should have cost 1.60 for the bunch) because so many people won't buy bananas once they start going black - whereas I was looking at the other, still kind of green looking ones thinking how disappointing they would probably be. So, I've had one nice ripe banana and shortly will have another big bowl of soup and maybe another one of the pitta bread yokes.

If I'm feeling awake enough, tomorrow morning I'm going to give the banana pancakes a try - no wonder I've been craving bananas with all of ye going on about them! :)

I found out that I've a wedding to go to in June and I would really love to be 10kg (20lbs-ish) down by then. Ha! Who am I kidding, I'd love to be 20kgs down by then but 10 seems a bit more realistic.

I have been doing my stretching exercises almost every morning though, so that's something. Today, since I had the time, I did a bit longer and kept going for three songs, rather than just the one. And I added in the 2kg handweights for the arms exercises. It would be really great to build up a bit of strength in my arms and every little bit helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Misty Moon wrote: »
    I have been doing my stretching exercises almost every morning though, so that's something. Today, since I had the time, I did a bit longer and kept going for three songs, rather than just the one. And I added in the 2kg handweights for the arms exercises. It would be really great to build up a bit of strength in my arms and every little bit helps.

I did a mini heart fist pump for you when I read about the banana bonus, LOL - I love when things like that happen! I love to have one or two bananas in the freezer. If you're into smoothies they are amazing for it - or if i'm feeling a bit cheeky one is amazing blended with cocoa powder with some chopped up almonds, let it defrost a bit! Yommmmmmmm.
    Haven't done that in a while now! Hmm think i'll get a couple bananas tomorrow actually :-)

Just because you mentioned stretching - i thought I would share, this woman is THE most chilled out lovely stretch along person ever, i'd recommend her anyway :-) there's lots of choice in the videos too -

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=eckhart%20yoga&sm=3

• Advertisement

Raging! Was feeling ****e and nearly talked myself out of a run and into a chinese, and dithered about it for a while....time went on then decided that was ridiculous so put the foot down. I checked the time and got ready real quick for my run, would have just enough time if i really hurried to get ran, showered and the bus to meeting. So went out and did it! The thought of it was gick cuz it was even snowing today but it was ok once I got going. I've finished week 7 couch to 5k now :-) ), but anyway, when i got back, showered real quick and then ran up to the bus stop and the fecker wasn't for 20 minutes meaning i'd missed the last meeting of the day as i was already tied for time because of my fecking dithering :mad::mad:

going to catch a WI tomorrow, annoyed though I must say because it's thrown off my weekly routine of WI which was giving me a good scope of how I was doing by weighing at the exact same time every week. On the brighter note, I didn't get a chinese..or the McDonalds I was daydreaming about for about an hour...Ugh....and I did get my run in BUT ispentmybusfareonawispaandatinofdietcoke :-S :confused::confused::confused:....................:rolleyes:.............:D....................:confused:confused:............ Will update with WI tomorrow! No idea how this will go. Been a mix of a week! And seems like a really long week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I think it's great that you made it for your run. It's frustrating to miss your class but think of the benefit of your run! :) Hope it goes well for you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

A wispa is 5 or 6 points. A meal in mac donalds is 20ish and so is a chinese. It was a good choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Could some one clarify something for me? 2 slices of slimster bread from Irish pride , keeps coming in at 3pps, must be wrong is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Nope, that's correct! 1 slice is 2PP but 2 slices is 3PP. I prefer that to the WW one I must say. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

metime wrote: »
    Raging! Was feeling ****e and nearly talked myself out of a run and into a chinese, and dithered about it for a while....time went on then decided that was ridiculous so put the foot down. I checked the time and got ready real quick for my run, would have just enough time if i really hurried to get ran, showered and the bus to meeting. So went out and did it! The thought of it was gick cuz it was even snowing today but it was ok once I got going. I've finished week 7 couch to 5k now :-) ), but anyway, when i got back, showered real quick and then ran up to the bus stop and the fecker wasn't for 20 minutes meaning i'd missed the last meeting of the day as i was already tied for time because of my fecking dithering :mad::mad:

going to catch a WI tomorrow, annoyed though I must say because it's thrown off my weekly routine of WI which was giving me a good scope of how I was doing by weighing at the exact same time every week. On the brighter note, I didn't get a chinese..or the McDonalds I was daydreaming about for about an hour...Ugh....and I did get my run in BUT ispentmybusfareonawispaandatinofdietcoke :-S :confused::confused::confused:....................:rolleyes:.............:D....................:confused:confused:............ Will update with WI tomorrow! No idea how this will go. Been a mix of a week! And seems like a really long week..

Hi Metime, Looks like you made all the right choices Yesterday and you seem to be flying with the exercise:). I am going to have to tap into the motivation from yourself and a few others on this site because I Am gone off the rails in the last week:o Anyway go you:)

STS for me this week. Still got 8.5lbs to goal :)

keep going you are doing really well!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

Down 2lb this week after a major blow out at the weekend hopefully it won't catch up with me next week! Back on it 100% today still got 14.5 lbs to go although I'm thinking I might like to lose an extra 7lb after that but we'll see how it goes! Hope everyone is getting on well x

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I was down 1.5lb last night.

Also got 8.5lbs to goal....it seems to be taking me forever. (joined in Aug 12 and had 2.5 stone to loose). Some weeks I great and then other weeks I'm faffing around and only half doing it.

Anyway I'll keep at it...!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hey metime - HATE buses for just that reason! But fair play on the run - especially considering the weather!! :) And hey a wispa and a diet coke is a grand treat - waaay better than mcd's or chinese!! Also one day won't make much difference with your wi either. Don't stress - you're doing great!! :)

We're level on c25k now. I've been sick with septic throat since saturday - just out of bed and back on my feet today so it'll probably be friday or saturday before I attempt week 8 session 1. Stick with it though!! We'll be racing 5ks in no time!!! :D

Didn't go to my wi - stuck in bed - but i'm kinda glad. Seeing as I couldn't eat for 2 days I know I'm down but its a false loss so would rather have a proper wi next week. Good luck to everyone else weighing in though. :)

Hey Purple Pawprints - that is still REALLY good this close to goal. Once its not a plus then its great! And you'll be chipping away those last few pounds week by week. Its so close you can nearly taste it!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Well I was STS this morning after 2 weeks - Not the slightest bit surprised after one very bad week and one week of half-arsed attempting to fix it! I feel like I'm back in the right mindset now though, so long may it last, and hopefully I'll be posting next week with good numbers!

Thanks for the support all, it helps a lot, i appreciate it thanks!
    I have been sooooo eaty today. I am 10 points over my daily points already and it's only 5.30pm. Annoyed at myself. My tracking has been terrible the last few days, and I really really badly need to do a food shopping. I might try online Tesco shopping given the bad weather, but am a bit worried about someone else picking all my fresh fruits and veg, though i'm sure it's fine??

Jubella, i think a STS after 2 weeks is great - it is possible to do a lot of damage if you aren't giving a toss in that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Nope, that's correct! 1 slice is 2PP but 2 slices is 3PP. I prefer that to the WW one I must say. :)

Thanks x purple paw prints x, when ur shopping for 2 people its very hard to justify 2 slice pans, so my oh has been picking this one up, it certainly satisfies my sambo cravings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I left work much Later than usual and I was starving so I went into bewleys and had spaghetti bolognaise with cheese and bread! And ive a wispa in my purse. Im well over my points now! But im starting yoga on Monday. I know its low impact but im hoping it will give me the boost I need!

Metime tesco online is great. You can give instructions for your food like furthest exp date or I like my bananas green-yellow etc and yiu can check them when you arrive. If youre not happy they take them back and you don't pay for them. Its great for avoiding the treat temptation too!

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for all the kind words everyone :D

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey metime - HATE buses for just that reason! But fair play on the run - especially considering the weather!! :) And hey a wispa and a diet coke is a grand treat - waaay better than mcd's or chinese!! Also one day won't make much difference with your wi either. Don't stress - you're doing great!! :)

We're level on c25k now. I've been sick with septic throat since saturday - just out of bed and back on my feet today so it'll probably be friday or saturday before I attempt week 8 session 1. Stick with it though!! We'll be racing 5ks in no time!!! :D

Didn't go to my wi - stuck in bed - but i'm kinda glad. Seeing as I couldn't eat for 2 days I know I'm down but its a false loss so would rather have a proper wi next week. Good luck to everyone else weighing in though. :)

Hey Purple Pawprints - that is still REALLY good this close to goal. Once its not a plus then its great! And you'll be chipping away those last few pounds week by week. Its so close you can nearly taste it!!! :)

Septic throat, omg!! Hope youre feeling better soon that sounds gicky for ya! :-(
    You are right about false loss with sickness, that happened me anyway, was down 7.5 then up 3 the following week. Was great while it lasted though lol.
    Few knee twinges today, gonna get a decent walk in tomorrow then try week 8 day 1 if its ok.
    Wishing ye a speedy recovery anyway, take care of yaself!!!

keesa wrote: »
    I left work much Later than usual and I was starving so I went into bewleys and had spaghetti bolognaise with cheese and bread! And ive a wispa in my purse. Im well over my points now! But im starting yoga on Monday. I know its low impact but im hoping it will give me the boost I need!

Metime tesco online is great. You can give instructions for your food like furthest exp date or I like my bananas green-yellow etc and yiu can check them when you arrive. If youre not happy they take them back and you don't pay for them. Its great for avoiding the treat temptation too!

wow thats bril about the tesco shop. i need to go to the bank to put money in to pay for it so think i might stick to an in shop shop this week and try it next time, as the trip is to the same place and i desperately need to do a shopping at this stage. i had a sausage for dinner. a sausage. and a pilfered sachet of mcdonalds heinz ketchup. ya...lol. someone call the vegetable police please!!!

i am so excited for you starting yoga! i dont know if you've done it before but it literally spawned so much positive change in my life, absolutely. love. it. <3 :-)
    that bewleys dish sounds feckin yum i must say, im in such an eaty mood id have that and then some if given the chance haha. and i HAD my dinner! (the sausage) - lol (but i ate lots earlier so thats not all ive eaten dont worry mods im not starving myself, im WELL over my points!!)

omg i talk such ****e on here im sorry everyone
    LOVEU

Evening ladies... *tips hat

9st n 09 wrote: »
    Evening all, after lurking in the background reading all your posts for the last couple of weeks I bite the bullet and went back to WW last Tuesday. Did Core years ago so was happy to embrace Simple Start. Have had the odd wobble during the week but in general have been fairly good. Made the porridge bread and the jam with the fruit and jelly and it has been a life saver.

To everybody on the c25k can I just say stick to it. I was a literally a couch potato and still remember looking at the programme one day and nearly having a heart attack at the thoughts of going from my 60 second run to 90 seconds!!! I'm now running 5k and am on a novice programme for a 10k. Have done 3 10ks slowly so my aim this year is to come in under 60 mins and not to stop once!!!!!!!!

Good luck everybody and hope you all have a good week.
    hi! thanks for sharing, and for the motivation. just what i like to hear!!! to think back to the start of the programme, even the idea of jogging for 20 seconds was fear inducing. to think that now i have done over 3 25minute runs is just mind blowing! i hope to do two or three 5k races in the first half of this year, and a 10k or two by the end of the year. I have no idea on times i would expect to achieve, at the moment i am still just enjoying the fact i havent given up!!!! for anyone thinking of starting i use these podcasts, i enjoy them anyway - www.runningintoshape.com

Hope you have a good result on your first week back and lookingg forward to hearing about yur progress here over the coming months!

Evening ladies... *tips hat

Very cute:) hope you enjoyed him:p

hi! thanks for sharing, and for the motivation. just what i like to hear!!! to think back to the start of the programme, even the idea of jogging for 20 seconds was fear inducing. to think that now i have done over 3 25minute runs is just mind blowing! i hope to do two or three 5k races in the first half of this year, and a 10k or two by the end of the year. I have no idea on times i would expect to achieve, at the moment i am still just enjoying the fact i havent given up!!!! for anyone thinking of starting i use these podcasts, i enjoy them anyway - www.runningintoshape.com

Hope you have a good result on your first week back and lookingg forward to hearing about yur progress here over the coming months!

I use that podcast aswell and find it very good:) I have my weigh in this morning and I am not looking forward to it at all:( Anyway I can always hope:rolleyes:

Hi all, I am just back from my weigh in and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be at the start of the week as I was only up 2lb. Anyway I will have to try and get motivated for this week and try for a weight loss of 2 or more next week.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just realised I am a year at goal as of yesterday! I have managed to maintain my weight for a whole year (with a good few ups and downs)!!

I just want to tell you all to stick with it as it is well worth it. Nothing can explain how great it feels to know how much healthier and better off I am. I am so grateful to the support I got here, in weight watchers meetings, on facebook groups and my blog! I've come a long way since the person I was in 2012 and have no appeared not only in the WW supplement in the RTE guide last year but am also have more recently had a small piece about my blog in this months UK ww magazine.

I don't post here that often but still check in regularly as you guys are all so inspiring and help keep me on the straight an narrow!

• Advertisement

Just realised I am a year at goal as of yesterday! I have managed to maintain my weight for a whole year (with a good few ups and downs)!!

I just want to tell you all to stick with it as it is well worth it. Nothing can explain how great it feels to know how much healthier and better off I am. I am so grateful to the support I got here, in weight watchers meetings, on facebook groups and my blog! I've come a long way since the person I was in 2012 and have no appeared not only in the WW supplement in the RTE guide last year but am also have more recently had a small piece about my blog in this months UK ww magazine.

I don't post here that often but still check in regularly as you guys are all so inspiring and help keep me on the straight an narrow!

Hi, tiny penguin, Congratulations you seem to have done really well with your weight and your blog:) Happy one year anniversary:)

Advertisement