Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Down 2!!!!! Elated :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

STARVING! !! On my way to get my hair cut too so it'll be ages til I get food! Got thrown off my usual food today because I was too late for breakfast at work but managed to leave at 18 pps so I'm quite happy. Plenty for dinner ( if I ever get there!)

Kinda looking forward to my weigh in even though it'll probably be sts at best!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Whoo hoo down 5 lbs at my first WI :)) Absolutely delira. Am I right is saying that for my second week I have 49 points instead of the list of treats? And I can also earn activity points? My leader told me this last week but didn't say a word about it this week, think she was too busy picking me off the floor form the shock of my loss.

Been here before and know it slows down after first week or 2 and I'll be happy with 1 lb a week from next week but was chuffed at my 5 lbs down.

Hope everyone is having a good day

xxxxx

9st n 09 wrote: »
    Whoo hoo down 5 lbs at my first WI :)) Absolutely delira. Am I right is saying that for my second week I have 49 points instead of the list of treats? And I can also earn activity points? My leader told me this last week but didn't say a word about it this week, think she was too busy picking me off the floor form the shock of my loss.

Been here before and know it slows down after first week or 2 and I'll be happy with 1 lb a week from next week but was chuffed at my 5 lbs down.

xxxxx

holy moly thats a fantastic loss! did you do Simple Start to the tee?
    If you are going onto the regular points plan that is right yes - there are 49 weekly points or 'weeklies' as we call them! You can also earn activity points, yes. I've heard a lot of people say that they earn these but don't use them to help lose a bit more. But I must say they are handy sometimes - I had a walk today and used an extra point for dessert this evening, meaning I didn't have to crack into my weeklies :-) They can be handy :-)
    Well done on the loss again!!

keesa wrote: »
    STARVING! !! On my way to get my hair cut too so it'll be ages til I get food! Got thrown off my usual food today because I was too late for breakfast at work but managed to leave at 18 pps so I'm quite happy. Plenty for dinner ( if I ever get there!)

Kinda looking forward to my weigh in even though it'll probably be sts at best!

hope yer hair turns out fab and that ye got a lovely dinner :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsteacher

JudyD wrote: »
    I was the same with the SS plan and F+H tbh. But even though I've gone back to propointing - and its working (Thank God!) I'm still trying to eat as much as possible from the F+H list. I find it great as I'm never hungry and don't have sugar cravings hardly at all!!! Good luck with the pointing :)

Wow - sounds yum - I'd say the whole family would love it too!! A nice friday night treat - might give it a go tomorrow!! :)

No worries Slaygal - never registered with me that its gluten free. Have you tried the SS bread? Its a gluten-free recipe and gorgeous bread too! I can post it if you haven't got it. :)

Could I have the SS bread recipe please?? Would love to try making it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm very down over last nights weigh in was up half pound previous week down 1lb and week before down 4lbs I'm on SS.

Only made 3 mistakes whole week. The OH bought me a small tub of hummus and I ate it all with sticks of celery, I had small portion of gravy on Sunday dinner and I made a healthy brown bread from porridge, whole wheat flour that I later learned us not allowed on SS.

My OH keeps running me down telling me I shouldn't be eating eggs or slice of ham. I'm extremely depressed today I never had alcohol or any sugary food in 4 weeks I even avoided a family reunion meal and drinks last week and yet I had a weight gain :(

Nothing mech else fir me to do but try living on grass and water :(

metime wrote: »
    holy moly thats a fantastic loss! did you do Simple Start to the tee?
    If you are going onto the regular points plan that is right yes - there are 49 weekly points or 'weeklies' as we call them! You can also earn activity points, yes. I've heard a lot of people say that they earn these but don't use them to help lose a bit more. But I must say they are handpy sometimes - I had a walk today and used an extra point for dessert this evening, meaning I didn't have to crack into my weeklies :-) They can be handy :-)
    Well done on the loss again!!

Hay metime Wld be lying if I didn't say the odd creme egg and extra glass of wine did pass my lips ðŸ˜႒ but 90% of the time I stuck with SS. Also getting back to regular running is definitely making a difference. Bit realistically I do know it won't be 5lb down next week and will be very happy if I lost 1lb a week for here on in. But def going to stick with the F&H food instead of pointing.

Hope u have a great weekend xx

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I'm very down over last nights weigh in was up half pound previous week down 1lb and week before down 4lbs I'm on SS.

Only made 3 mistakes whole week. The OH bought me a small tub of hummus and I ate it all with sticks of celery, I had small portion of gravy on Sunday dinner and I made a healthy brown bread from porridge, whole wheat flour that I later learned us not allowed on SS.

My OH keeps running me down telling me I shouldn't be eating eggs or slice of ham. I'm extremely depressed today I never had alcohol or any sugary food in 4 weeks I even avoided a family reunion meal and drinks last week and yet I had a weight gain :(

Hay IrishHomer don't let it get to you. It might just be a case of getting your portion sizes correct. Are u drinking enough water? I know the days I don't drink 2 ltrs I def feel hungrier. Has your Oh actually read the plan? Just show the list of what u actually can eat. I guarantee you when I go home today there'll be a box if 6 creme eggs for me for Valentine's day and they're def not the eggs on the plan ;)

Take care and stick with it xx

Hay IrishHomer don't let it get to you. It might just be a case of getting your portion sizes correct. Are u drinking enough water? I know the days I don't drink 2 ltrs I def feel hungrier. Has your Oh actually read the plan? Just show the list of what u actually can eat. I guarantee you when I go home today there'll be a box if 6 creme eggs for me for Valentine's day and they're def not the eggs on the plan ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi IrishHomer, I know its hard but please don't feel so down over being up a half pound, draw a line under it and start again. Your body weight fluctuates from time to time and losing weight is better when you do it slow and steady. You have lost 5 pounds over three weeks and that is brilliant:) Remember you have to live life aswell so little stumbles along the way don't matter once you can get back on the wagon and start again. Don't let anybody run you down, do the plan the way you need to and do it for you. Hope you feel better in yourself soon.

9st n 09 wrote: »

xxxxx

Hi 9st n 09, That is a brilliant weight loss so congratulations and go you:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

mrsteacher wrote: »
    Could I have the SS bread recipe please?? Would love to try making it

Hey Mrs Teacher - of course! Its super easy - I make it ALL the time now and my usual brown bread recipe is gone to the back of the cupboard!
    Here it is:

1x500g Low Fat Natural Yogurt
    2 x the yogurt carton filled with porridge oats
    1 tsp bread soda
    1 tsp salt

Mix together then bake for 50-60mins at 180 degrees.
    If the mixture looks a little dry use a dash of skimmed milk to wet it more

The recipe doesn't specify size of tin but I use a pound loaf tin lined with baking parchment - its the perfect size for this amount of mixture.

Happy Baking! :)

(PS for anyone pointing, it works out at 3pp a slice. But don't let this put you off - its twice as filling as a normal slice of bread imho)

Hey IrishHomer - don't give up! To echo everyone else - you're doing well when you look at the overall picture. 1/2 pound is such a tiny plus - please don't feel down! You are trying and once you keep trying you WILL succeed!!! :D

If it helps I practically LIVE on eggs and ham - protein foods that are filling and healthy and help you feel fuller for longer! All good!! :) And its not like your dogging into chips and chocolate! So maybe a look at the WW book might help your OH - otherwise if they can't be helpful, maybe they should just avoid commenting? People think its helpful but I know (having been at the receiving end from my mother for a decade plus) that it only makes it so much harder! :(

Your body is probably adjusting to the change in diet and because you had lost 5LBS (wow!) in the previous fortnight, it might be just balancing itself out. Stick with it - chin up and keep going! :) You're doing GREAT!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hey IrishHomer - don't give up! To echo everyone else - you're doing well when you look at the overall picture. 1/2 pound is such a tiny plus - please don't feel down! You are trying and once you keep trying you WILL succeed!!! :D

If it helps I practically LIVE on eggs and ham - protein foods that are filling and healthy and help you feel fuller for longer! All good!! :) And its not like your dogging into chips and chocolate! So maybe a look at the WW book might help your OH - otherwise if they can't be helpful, maybe they should just avoid commenting? People think its helpful but I know (having been at the receiving end from my mother for a decade plus) that it only makes it so much harder! :(

Your body is probably adjusting to the change in diet and because you had lost 5LBS (wow!) in the previous fortnight, it might be just balancing itself out. Stick with it - chin up and keep going! :) You're doing GREAT!!!! :D

Thanks i wont keep i can't afford to. I am taking cholesterol and blood pressure meds for the past two years and i recently was told i am now a diabetic type 2 and i am trying to reverse it. I find the SS plan great for keeping me off any sugar foods which i have eliminated and i think this is great for the diabetes threat. By the way i am a 44yr old Male 5,11 high and currently weigh 16, 9 stones.

I was very active before Christmas in the gym 5 days per week but hurt my back and i was thinking that perhaps my metabolism is now slow which is slowing the rate of wieght loss despite me walking the dog fast pace for approx 4 hours per week.

Thanks i wont keep i can't afford to. I am taking cholesterol and blood pressure meds for the past two years and i recently was told i am now a diabetic type 2 and i am trying to reverse it. I find the SS plan great for keeping me off any sugar foods which i have eliminated and i think this is great for the diabetes threat. By the way i am a 44yr old Male 5,11 high and currently weigh 16, 9 stones.

I was very active before Christmas in the gym 5 days per week but hurt my back and i was thinking that perhaps my metabolism is now slow which is slowing the rate of wieght loss despite me walking the dog fast pace for approx 4 hours per week.

IrishHomer your original post touched my heart. Pleaseeee stick with it - it is so worth it. For the sake of your health and your well being if nothing else. Your OH probably doesn't realise the comments. It sounds like you had a great week, and don't forget that MUSCLE weighs more than fat. I know that phrase is thrown around a lot, but in particular I feel like mentioning it here as you have said you are eating a lot of ham and eggs - that is mega protein. Might it be a case of your body building muscle? Honestly stick with it you will see amazing results.
    I can kind of relate with regard to not getting any help at home. I make all my own meals, and am the only person in my house interested in weight loss. My parents are both approximately 18 stone, and my dad has had a massive heart attack. I have tried to change their mind about food as I have found out more but honestly it just doesn't work. What's working is me focusing on myself, hence my name, metime, and the changes flowing outward into everything around me. Stick to your guns, miss whatever events you feel you have to - and KEEP GOING. You will inspire so many people and please do not let half a pound on the scales stop you from all of the joy you will feel in the future. You are doing really great and the fact that you even tried at all is brilliant - keep going, 5lbs down already.

With regard to diabetes - I insist you watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjkC71exKU

Pour your heart out here if you need to, I personally want you to succeed so much - I related to what you said alot.

Also! Someone has just kindly put up a recipe for SS bread - might it be worth you trying that out? Don't even mention to OH it's WW related and that you've just taken a hankering to making some bread? If they like it too, great! If not, whatever! In the kindest way possible.

I've had to fight so many struggles with my weight loss so far and it is not easy. It is so so SO worth it though. For example, last night my mum arrives home with a cake. To share. She knows i'm not into that now. My dad had no dinner, then ate half the cake. I pointed the cake, 59 points. ****ing ridiculous and so upsetting if I think about it too much but all I can do is keep on keeping on and try my hardest. Super best of luck!

What does 5 pounds of fat look like? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjhmddDPRw

metime wrote: »
    IrishHomer your original post touched my heart. Pleaseeee stick with it - it is so worth it. For the sake of your health and your well being if nothing else. Your OH probably doesn't realise the comments. It sounds like you had a great week, and don't forget that MUSCLE weighs more than fat. I know that phrase is thrown around a lot, but in particular I feel like mentioning it here as you have said you are eating a lot of ham and eggs - that is mega protein. Might it be a case of your body building muscle? Honestly stick with it you will see amazing results.
    I can kind of relate with regard to not getting any help at home. I make all my own meals, and am the only person in my house interested in weight loss. My parents are both approximately 18 stone, and my dad has had a massive heart attack. I have tried to change their mind about food as I have found out more but honestly it just doesn't work. What's working is me focusing on myself, hence my name, metime, and the changes flowing outward into everything around me. Stick to your guns, miss whatever events you feel you have to - and KEEP GOING. You will inspire so many people and please do not let half a pound on the scales stop you from all of the joy you will feel in the future. You are doing really great and the fact that you even tried at all is brilliant - keep going, 5lbs down already.

With regard to diabetes - I insist you watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pjkC71exKU

Pour your heart out here if you need to, I personally want you to succeed so much - I related to what you said alot.

Also! Someone has just kindly put up a recipe for SS bread - might it be worth you trying that out? Don't even mention to OH it's WW related and that you've just taken a hankering to making some bread? If they like it too, great! If not, whatever! In the kindest way possible.

I've had to fight so many struggles with my weight loss so far and it is not easy. It is so so SO worth it though. For example, last night my mum arrives home with a cake. To share. She knows i'm not into that now. My dad had no dinner, then ate half the cake. I pointed the cake, 59 points. ****ing ridiculous and so upsetting if I think about it too much but all I can do is keep on keeping on and try my hardest. Super best of luck!

Hi Metime, From reading your posts and getting snipbits about your family life and seeing that you get no help with your weight loss at all, I have to say you are an absolute inspiration and you are doing so well! I have a very good friend who like yourself gets no help at home from her family in relation to her weight loss and she struggles so much especially when people arrive home with take away's and the likes. Her weight loss is slow and sometimes my heart goes out to her.

So I think what you are doing is brilliant keep going.:)

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Metime, From reading your posts and getting snipbits about your family life and seeing that you get no help with your weight loss at all, I have to say you are an absolute inspiration and you are doing so well! I have a very good friend who like yourself gets no help at home from her family in relation to her weight loss and she struggles so much especially when people arrive home with take away's and the likes. Her weight loss is slow and sometimes my heart goes out to her.

So I think what you are doing is brilliant keep going.:)

Thank you that means alot honeygirl :-)...
    Especially as there is another curry and fried rice on the way to the house. Am mid dinner, cooked half of it this morning to make sure it happened. Having a handful of wholewheat pasta, a rake load of grilled veg and a slimster with quark, garlic salt, parsley and a bit of mozarella to grill, and a glass of skimmed milk! Been very good since yesterday have eaten a load of fruit and veg. Energy levels way up already, and quark is DELICIOUS. Where has it been all my life! Hope everyone doing well :-) Have my running gear all set for tomorrow morning - looking forward to it - i'm officially mad for running and getting healthy!

Happy valentines day all ye lovelies :-) x

• Advertisement

Half a pound really is nothing. Don't worry about it! Give it another week and you'll see. Have a look at your portion sizes if you're really worried. I use a sandwich size plate for example.

I really fell off the wagon today completely! There was a bake sale at work and it was disgusting the amouht I ate. So soup for tea and I'll just have to wait and see for tomorrow!

I just can't seem to get back on track since being sick. I'm just craving all the wrong things - sugar, cereal, carbs! :(

I have a wedding in 5 months time and really want to be down a stone and a half by then. But have lost all motivation!
    Must try and get back to running - it really did help me focus but still on medication and haven't had the energy to try.

Hhheeeelllllllppppppppp!!!

I just can't seem to get back on track since being sick. I'm just craving all the wrong things - sugar, cereal, carbs! :(

I have a wedding in 5 months time and really want to be down a stone and a half by then. But have lost all motivation!
    Must try and get back to running - it really did help me focus but still on medication and haven't had the energy to try.

Maybe go on ss again? I find it carb friendly. Bread rice pasta. It might help

Great idea! I'll give it a go.
    SS didn't work so well for me before - STS - and it does scare me a little not to count but a STS would still be better than the absolute freefall I'm on at the moment!
    Thanks Keesa :)

Oh my God Oh My God! Down 2.5! Just hit my 2nd stone and broke the up one down one cycle! Got called out by my leader got an applause and 'wow'-ed by the new members beside me. And then they started to ask me for advice after. I'm so delighted! So so happy : D half a pound to goal! !

keesa wrote: »
    Oh my God Oh My God! Down 2.5! Just hit my 2nd stone and broke the up one down one cycle! Got called out by my leader got an applause and 'wow'-ed by the new members beside me. And then they started to ask me for advice after. I'm so delighted! So so happy : D half a pound to goal! !

Hi Keesa, Congratulations on getting your second stone and only a half pound from goal you must be delighted. Its great to hear other peoples success stories:)

Hi Judy, I am just getting over a dose aswell and like yourself I have been craving everything I am not supposed to and am just trying to get back into the exercise. Take care of yourself and let yourself get better especially since you are still on medication. You are always so motivated when you post so I have no doubt that in five months time you will have lost that stone and a half and more.

Take care of yourself and when you are better we will all be rooting for you.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi all,

Glad to hear every one is doing well, welcome to all the newbies/ former lurkers!
    Irishhomer i know a little of how you feel. noting irritates me more than ppl commenting on what I'm eating, or saying can you eat that? it's like F*%k off I'm a grown up and I know what I'm doing!!

Had a bit of a wayward week, missed wi with work so no idea how i'm doing! as of going to bed last night i was 16 over my weeklies with 15 activity points logged so hopefully they balance out. Heading to the gym this morning as soon as the tesco man brings my shopping and then it will be an afternoon of soup making and veg preparing to set me up for the week.

I'm looking for a bit of advice I'm in the market fr a new weighing scales (bathroom not kitchen) and was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations?

Thanks Guys... you all are such inspiration, and even if I'm not posting I'm still reading and knowing we're all in it together is a great help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Was off plan for a week, lots on, friends visiting, then had dental work and chest infection....

Managed to stay the same. (Well down 0.2) going to try simple start from tomorrow for 2 weeks. Is there any extra rules I should know of? I know all foods on the list are allowed +2 threats a day +49 weekly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Haven't exercised too much since my last WI (Wednesday) but I made myself go for a walk this morning and I feel so much better. :D

Advertisement