Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Pingi wrote: »
    Was off plan for a week, lots on, friends visiting, then had dental work and chest infection....

Managed to stay the same. (Well down 0.2) going to try simple start from tomorrow for 2 weeks. Is there any extra rules I should know of? I know all foods on the list are allowed +2 threats a day +49 weekly

Its all the foods on the list +2 treats from the extras list a day for the first werk WITHOUT your 49. Then week 2 is all the foods on the list WITHOUT treats but +49

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

Morning all,

Well I had a disastrous week last week, my motivation levels were zero and I basically spent the week feeling sorry for myself for various reasons. Was up 1.5lbs this morning which is totally deserved and yet I still feel really unmotivated, aaaggghhhhh I need a good kick up the arse!! This always happens me, I do great for about 4 - 5 weeks and then just fall off the wagon :-(

Slept it out this morning so forgot my lunch, had a slimbo all prepared. Will just have to get some soup at lunch instead. Chicken fajitas planned for dinner. I haven't been tracking for the past couple of weeks so need to get back to that to try and keep me on the straight and narrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Haven't exercised too much since my last WI (Wednesday) but I made myself go for a walk this morning and I feel so much better. :D

Glad to hear that someone was really good! I went to the cinema yesterday with my monsters and I was really baaaad!:P Hopefully I can get some motivation around here:).

SunnieT wrote: »
    Morning all,

Well I had a disastrous week last week, my motivation levels were zero and I basically spent the week feeling sorry for myself for various reasons. Was up 1.5lbs this morning which is totally deserved and yet I still feel really unmotivated, aaaggghhhhh I need a good kick up the arse!! This always happens me, I do great for about 4 - 5 weeks and then just fall off the wagon :-(

Slept it out this morning so forgot my lunch, had a slimbo all prepared. Will just have to get some soup at lunch instead. Chicken fajitas planned for dinner. I haven't been tracking for the past couple of weeks so need to get back to that to try and keep me on the straight and narrow

Hi Sunniet, You have been doing so well lately so keep going:). I am the same I have had lots of good intentions but they have gone out the window:p Sounds like you are doing better then me because you have your food planned for the day:) Anyway even tho I fall off the wagon alot:rolleyes: I keep climbing back on and starting again and my weight is more down then it is up so I suppose thats good. The weight watchers plan is a life change so I suppose we are going to have weeks that are really bad but once we keep trying we are winning:)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

We've got a new leader and she is not motivating me at all in her talks....she totally wanders off the topic she starts and just waffles on. Have learnt nothing since she started a few weeks ago. I feel bad coz she is a lovely person & great at the scales, it's just the talks and I feel like I don't want to go the meetings anymore - HELP!

I've had a bad weekend too...lots of food and drink and no tracking - but I'm really proud of myself coz I was out Friday & Saturday nights and avoided the takeaway at 2am - that's a huge achievement for me. I must admit I felt so much better waking up the following day without the greasy crap food sitting in my stomach! Hopefully I can remember that feeling next time I go into a chipper at that hour!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Sorry if this has been covered....what are you meant to do with quark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

honeygirl wrote: »
    Glad to hear that someone was really good! I went to the cinema yesterday with my monsters and I was really baaaad!:P Hopefully I can get some motivation around here:).

Yesterday I was really good. Today - so far, so good. Thursday-Saturday were okay-ish.. I'm on lunch break now and I'm heading for a short walk. :)

Natmus wrote: »
    We've got a new leader and she is not motivating me at all in her talks....she totally wanders off the topic she starts and just waffles on. Have learnt nothing since she started a few weeks ago. I feel bad coz she is a lovely person & great at the scales, it's just the talks and I feel like I don't want to go the meetings anymore - HELP!

I've had a bad weekend too...lots of food and drink and no tracking - but I'm really proud of myself coz I was out Friday & Saturday nights and avoided the takeaway at 2am - that's a huge achievement for me. I must admit I felt so much better waking up the following day without the greasy crap food sitting in my stomach! Hopefully I can remember that feeling next time I go into a chipper at that hour!!

You can go to 2v meetings. No extra cost but you can only weigh once. So If she's good at the scales you can go to someone good at the talk too.

Just out of my first yoga class. <3 it. I'm so relaxed and calm

Annoyed with myself. No motivation. Went fine until after dinner and ate biscuits. All because I'm tired. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Eat it :D

Seriously though, you can do lots with it. It's really popular here with baked potatoes - people eat nearly as much quark as potato. You can spread it on things (bread/toast/crackers) - it's good mixed with a bit of garlic, chives or various other herbs. It's also good used to add a bit of creaminess to a pasta sauce, for example.

Here's one recipe site I found with some interesting looking stuff, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

i put it on crumpets with mango, and a tiny bit of honey - absoutely delicious.
    treat it as you might treat philadelphia! ...saw a mention of it earier to mix it with tuna, a squeeze of lemon and black pepper for a baked potato topping / sandwich filler.
    I'd be interested to hear peoples suggestions too! Loving it, never used it before this week! The points are so low.

-Spread it on a wrap, fill with roast veg and chicken?
    -Cut a tortilla wrap into triangles, bake them, make some sort of dip to go with using the quark? (am thinking sour cream style - add chives, drop of lemon, garlic? - ideas?)
    -Crudite dip
    - on a bagel with smoked salmon
    - on a bagel with grilled rasher medallions and a side of pineapple chunks

beast of a weekend, have used about double my weeklies at least but had a bloody fabulous time so i don't mind :-) "no drinks on the dancefloor"
    ...lol

will try reign it in a bit next time, getting better every time it happens so i am delighted anyway, definitely making progress!
    have had a bit of excercise so far since last WI - hoping that will divert any damage. I think i am finally ready to try simple start, i am totally into fruit and veg lately - dont think id find it as hard as i would have before! also think its about time for another cycle of hardcore trying...got a bit lax there for a while - need to ramp it up a notch as i feel like making a decent dent in my weightloss to get closer to my goal. Am in the 13 stone bracket at the mo and want to be in the low 11s come summer time, ideally. Not going to go mad if that doesnt happen but its my shiny goal and planning on doing a TONNE of excercise and healthy eating to get there....Lots of work to do!!..so simple start it is for me. Going to start it tomorrow and not use any weeklies and do it properly. I have a birthday dinner on Thurs but i am cooking so thats ok I will be able to make it work :-) have WI on thursday too so this isnt exactly in time with my WW week schedule but I do not want to put it off until Thursday!!

update:
    SS day 1 going really really well - it is a bit scary not pointing but increasing my fruit and veg intake is a goal of mine and even if it results in a STS for the first week or so until I get the hang of it, that's ok. Then I will focus on portion control. Is it possible to gain weight eating nothing but fruit and veg I wonder? I have eaten all fruit and veg all day, as well as 1 crumpet, and have had 1 treat from the treats list so far. I have loads of energy and have made Butternut squash soup too which I will be sipping on for the rest of the day to try undo the damage from the weekend. It is delish, really warming and yum, and kinda spicy!

My 'try a new fruit and veg' a week thing is going really well, I am in flavour heaven - going to the fruit and veg section in the shop is now really fun. My fruit bowl is jammers and so colourful, and all the veg is so delicious, I am really enjoying it. I have noticed it is also so much cheaper than processed food shopping, I don't get those cravings for naps I do when I eat bad foods, and it also gives so many more options when it comes to cooking or snacks, without feeling bad about it.

Mini victory this week: drinks in mine and I made healthy crudites and got in baked crisps and reduced fat houmous instead of ordering pizza which would have definitely happened had I not. I also politely declined the offer of 4, yes 4 Cadburys 'Pots of Joy' chocolate yoghurts, and a box of full fat nestle cauppachinos that were offered as a 'treat'. I was delighted with myself!

Judy D- Hope you're feeling better by now? :-) I think of you when I am out running the odd time and wonder how your runs are going for ya!! I feel like we've become runners together lol. LOve ye man ;_; I will be doing Week 8 Day 3 this evening. Literally cannot believe I will be in to week 9 of the program then! I am aiming to finish the last run of week 9 next Monday the 24th, and to celebrate get myself some new running tights, running socks, a new sports bra......and then download the bridge to ten kilometer podcast to begin my venture into that on the 26th! My running capris are literally falling off me now - I cannot believe it they were so tight when I bought them I felt like I shouldn't even be wearing them...and now this :-D Woo!

Anyway! Back to business :-D x
    Lets do this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Score! Down another 2lbs this week, happy out with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Afternoon peeps, I forgot to check in yesterday but here is my weigh in from Monday morning. This week was far better, I really updated my intake of water and trying to drink 4-5 pints a day. Its been a few slow weeks but this weigh in seemed to go quite better with my diet tweaks, adding more water eating more veg and fruit.

This week I lost 2.4lbs which is alot better than previous weeks.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs

I feel great on this diet and I am fully committed with my wedding on the horizon in May.

Chong wrote: »
    Afternoon peeps, I forgot to check in yesterday but here is my weigh in from Monday morning. This week was far better, I really updated my intake of water and trying to drink 4-5 pints a day. Its been a few slow weeks but this weigh in seemed to go quite better with my diet tweaks, adding more water eating more veg and fruit.

This week I lost 2.4lbs which is alot better than previous weeks.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs

I feel great on this diet and I am fully committed with my wedding on the horizon in May.

Congratulations on losing a stone!

Hi all, hope everyone doing well and congrats on the losses so far:) I pulled it back a bit food wise yesterday and am doing ok today. Went on a 6 mile walk/run with my other half today and was absolutely wrecked after:p Have just sent him out with a list for the weekly shop so will have lots of fruit and veg, so no excuses:) Going to try an exercise dvd later. Have been really bad and unmotivated a few times this week but have fought it so hopefully there will be a loss on Thursday. Anyway we will see:rolleyes:

Onwards and Downwards!

Natmus wrote: »

Hi Natmus, That's an awful pity, there is nothing worse then a leader that doesn't motivate you. Is there another class that you could go to? Ten euro is a lot to pay if you don't go to the meeting. Anyway I hope something works out for you. Oh and congrats on being able to say no to the takeaway. I am trying to work on that one myself:)

Annoyed with myself. No motivation. Went fine until after dinner and ate biscuits. All because I'm tired. :(

Hi Purple Pawprints, From reading your other posts you seem to have been really motivated and good all week so one or two little slip ups shouldn't undo that. Hope you get your motivation back.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Well done on the losses everyone and don't let the little slip ups get you down! Had my WI today and was down a pound, which is brilliant after having a weekend of spreading out my weeklies to cover afternoon tea on Valentine's day with my OH and a four course meal at a fundraising dinner dance on Saturday. Didn't think I could manage a loss with two big days like that but well chuffed. Really spurs me on for next week :)

Onwards and downwards! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Misty Moon wrote: »
    Eat it :D

Seriously though, you can do lots with it. It's really popular here with baked potatoes - people eat nearly as much quark as potato. You can spread it on things (bread/toast/crackers) - it's good mixed with a bit of garlic, chives or various other herbs. It's also good used to add a bit of creaminess to a pasta sauce, for example.

Here's one recipe site I found with some interesting looking stuff, too.

Thanks for the link Misty Moon :) Quark is near on impossible to find though...only ever managed to get it in Dunnes at the opposite end of Cork to where I live! It's a right trek for a fresh product, wouldn't mind if I could stock up on it! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 supersally01

Hi all,
    Just looking for some advice. I rejoined WW last week after a 7 month absence. I'm very used to pro points but decided I would give the simple start a go for the first week even though I was a bit reluctant!
    Anyway I feel good on it because I'm eating way better. Before all I ate was processed crap. The thing is though I took a sneaky look at my scales (bad idea I do know) and am up 2 lbs!
    How is everyone else finding it? Is it unrealistic to think we can go without counting points even if we are eating better food? I doubt I am sticking with 26 points every day. Or maybe it's the increase in fibre is bloating me perhaps?
    Any ideas or help would be appreciated! :)

Hi all,
    Just looking for some advice. I rejoined WW last week after a 7 month absence. I'm very used to pro points but decided I would give the simple start a go for the first week even though I was a bit reluctant!
    Anyway I feel good on it because I'm eating way better. Before all I ate was processed crap. The thing is though I took a sneaky look at my scales (bad idea I do know) and am up 2 lbs!
    How is everyone else finding it? Is it unrealistic to think we can go without counting points even if we are eating better food? I doubt I am sticking with 26 points every day. Or maybe it's the increase in fibre is bloating me perhaps?

Wait til you're weigh in to make up your mind. But make sure that its the right breads cheeses etc. And remember the rule of satisfaction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

dellzbellz wrote: »
    wouldn't mind if I could stock up on it!
    Not ten minutes ago I was googling whether or not it's possible to freeze quark since I have a full tub that I bought on Saturday but have been sick for the last few days and so didn't use it (and assuming my fever abates by Thursday, I'll be heading off for a weekend away). It is possible to freeze it although they recommend just for weeks rather than months - so if you find it and can grab a few at a time, that might be a possibility for you.
    Hi all,
    Your weight can fluctuate up to a couple of pounds anyway, just based on what time of the month it is (and I wish I could pay better attention to figure out exactly what time of the month I get bloated!). Also, your scales might not be calibrated the same as the ones at your meeting - ideally, you should get rid of them entirely and just have your weekly weigh-in at meeting.
    In the meantime, maybe you could try aiming for a few more veg/less starch meals. I'm a big fan of herbal teas, too, to aid digestion. Can get a really nice one in the supermarket near my sister in France and always buy loads when I'm visiting. The Yogi brand digestion tea isn't too bad and plain old peppermint or chamomile are always good.

I can't wait til weigh in on Saturday. I'm being very good and I know it's just half a pound to goal so if I make it through, I'm having a full chinese and a glass of wine and maybe some desert! Cannot wait!!

Dinner this week is minute steak (whcih I pointed from the NV at 2pp!) and veggies. I was really craving goodies the last few days so I went into Dunnes and picked up some Mixed Spice it has cinamon, nutmeg, etc in it. I LOVE it. So I'm going to have a baked apple after for nil points with it, and maybe put some in my WW hot chocolate for 1 point. It'll feel like a real treat :)

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Purple Pawprints, From reading your other posts you seem to have been really motivated and good all week so one or two little slip ups shouldn't undo that. Hope you get your motivation back.:)

I'm having a bit of a funny week. I've been okay yesterday and today. Would be happy to STS. 1.5lbs more to my fourth stone, 8.5 to goal and I feel like I'll never get there.. :o

Hi all quick question are slimsters on simple start?

I'm having a bit of a funny week. I've been okay yesterday and today. Would be happy to STS. 1.5lbs more to my fourth stone, 8.5 to goal and I feel like I'll never get there.. :o

You will get there, the last few pounds are always harder to get off:) Just enjoy the new you and keep working at it and those 8.5lbs will be gone before you know it:).

Thank you for the encouragement honeygirl. I'm so happy to have gotten this far, the last few lbs are taking absolutely ages to go. I know they eventually will. After WI tomorrow I'm going to make a plan and stick to it for next week.

Thank you for the encouragement honeygirl. I'm so happy to have gotten this far, the last few lbs are taking absolutely ages to go. I know they eventually will. After WI tomorrow I'm going to make a plan and stick to it for next week.

I do know how you feel I have 3lb to lose to get my third stone and I keep going up and down:rolleyes: I think I may have to make a plan aswell:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

metime wrote: »
    Hi all quick question are slimsters on simple start?

Unfortunatly they are not :( (not yet anyway)

Advertisement