Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Up .5 yesterday, but onwards we go anyway!

How would u guys point homemade chicken stock? I boiled the chicken carcass, with celery, onion, salt and pepper and reduced it down. Put it in a jug let it cool and harden in the fridge and cut off the fat? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Misty Moon :) Quark is near on impossible to find though...only ever managed to get it in Dunnes at the opposite end of Cork to where I live! It's a right trek for a fresh product, wouldn't mind if I could stock up on it! :rolleyes:

I always see it in aldi!
    What's it's pp value?

Thanks for the link Misty Moon :) Quark is near on impossible to find though...only ever managed to get it in Dunnes at the opposite end of Cork to where I live! It's a right trek for a fresh product, wouldn't mind if I could stock up on it! :rolleyes:

Or try any of the Polish/Lithuanian/ Moldovan shops, its big in that part of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Unfortunatly they are not :( (not yet anyway)

i had a feeling they weren't - thanks for confirming that for me! i have a packet here, I will freeze them or find them a new home :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

dellzbellz I saw quark in Tesco were the cheese is!! I wonder if you could check online if they have it near you

Has anyone tried spiegels sandwich skinnys I got the 4 multi seed ones and I hope I am right but they are only 2 pp and quite tasty.

weigh in tomorrow was going to skip this one as I have kids out of school on midterm break but na going to go for WI at least and I would miss my walk as well!

• Advertisement

Does anyone else feel very disillusioned with the meetings? I just feel very blah (only word I can think of to sum it up) about them.

I feel like I'm getting the same info over and over, and I really feel out of place in the group. I feel like my meeting is really aimed at (no offence) middle aged women, or working mothers. I know I should change my meeting, but I've never been to a meeting full of ppl like me, (30's, selfish, living alone, likes to exercise) does anyone know of any?

Like as an example last night they were talking about walking (I say they, cos I really don't feel like one of them, not in a bad way I'm not judging for a second) and the majority of the class though 1 hour was excessive for a walk. Whereas for me I don't feel satisfied if I come in under an hour. They all talk about being "hopefully" able to walk the mini marathon in June, whereas I would often walk from my house to blackrock and home (15k round trip) without thinking about it.
    I know it sounds like I'm judging but I'm really not, I just want to find a group that I fit with and something that meets my needs.

I'm in Dublin fairly central, and I'll travel to a decent meeting my preference is for Monday, or Tuesday meetings, Saturdays at a push. I realise I've ranted a bit so I'll stop now!

Baby75 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried spiegels sandwich skinnys I got the 4 multi seed ones and I hope I am right but they are only 2 pp and quite tasty.
    Yes, they are lovely! I was pointing them at 2pp as well. I really enjoyed them with extra light cream cheese, smoked salmon, a sprinkle of dill and a tin of weight watchers tomato soup as a yummy lunch! I might try a SS version of that this week actually :-) Are the spiegels sandwich skinnys on the SS?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Natmus, That's an awful pity, there is nothing worse then a leader that doesn't motivate you. Is there another class that you could go to? Ten euro is a lot to pay if you don't go to the meeting. Anyway I hope something works out for you. Oh and congrats on being able to say no to the takeaway. I am trying to work on that one myself:)

I can go any evening except Wednesday - but Monday is men only class, I go Tues eve and they only do classes in the mornings on Thurs & Fri so I think I'm stuck with it!!:(

221.2lb when I joined WW originally.
    211.4lb when I rejoined on November 13th 2013.
    184lb on February 13th 2014.

I am 37.2lb lighter since I first joined WW -
    Probably closer to a total loss of 42lbs as I started cycling before that.

Cannot believe the way I used to be. To think of it is just embarassing..!

I am working to lose 2 more stone this side of 2014, and I would like to have run a 10km marathon by the end of 2014, and have tried surfing :-D
    I'd also like some more mountains in my life! Might be getting a bit ahead of myself but something is telling me it's grand and to go for gold lol. Would love to talk goals with other people here if anyone is interested, kind of makes all the hard work worth it in my opinion!

I have one week left of Couch to 5k, I have downloaded Bridge to 10k onto my phone this morning (scarrrrrrry but exciting) , and this is my second day Simple Starting. I will 'officially' be starting the first week of Simple Start tomorrow afternoon as I have my WI then. I will do that for a week as directed in the plan, and I will then introduce the 49 weeklies the following week as per plan too. I will keep the weeklies that week for going out for a date night with my OH, will have a bloody great time and something nice to look forward to :-) Really looking forward to that, would love to be down 6.5lb by then - wonder if it's possible doing 2 weeks of SS? That would have me at another silver seven and in the low half of 13stone bracket which would actually just blow my mind. (And his, i'm sure :D;))

Lots of hard work to do between now and then anyway - I am hoping to see really great results by April, be a much better cook, and have a much healthier body that is running further and for longer than I am at the moment. I would also like to start introducing some tone to my body.....................A LOT of work to do but omg to think of another summer fat and miserable and covered in clothes I hate ....fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that....I couldn't think of anything worse... Wahoo! BRING IT ON BITCHEZ :-D

Hope everyone is having an amazing week! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

metime wrote: »
    Yes, they are lovely! I was pointing them at 2pp as well. I really enjoyed them with extra light cream cheese, smoked salmon, a sprinkle of dill and a tin of weight watchers tomato soup as a yummy lunch! I might try a SS version of that this week actually :-) Are the spiegels sandwich skinnys on the SS?

I am not sure if they are, have not tried SS at all yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Are the spiegels sandwich skinnys on the SS?

No, afraid not! Only the Country Kitchens Sandwich Slims and Pat the Baker Multiseed Slimbos are on the SS

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Does anyone else feel very disillusioned with the meetings? I just feel very blah (only word I can think of to sum it up) about them.

I feel like I'm getting the same info over and over, and I really feel out of place in the group. I feel like my meeting is really aimed at (no offence) middle aged women, or working mothers. I know I should change my meeting, but I've never been to a meeting full of ppl like me, (30's, selfish, living alone, likes to exercise) does anyone know of any?

Like as an example last night they were talking about walking (I say they, cos I really don't feel like one of them, not in a bad way I'm not judging for a second) and the majority of the class though 1 hour was excessive for a walk. Whereas for me I don't feel satisfied if I come in under an hour. They all talk about being "hopefully" able to walk the mini marathon in June, whereas I would often walk from my house to blackrock and home (15k round trip) without thinking about it.
    I know it sounds like I'm judging but I'm really not, I just want to find a group that I fit with and something that meets my needs.

I'm in Dublin fairly central, and I'll travel to a decent meeting my preference is for Monday, or Tuesday meetings, Saturdays at a push. I realise I've ranted a bit so I'll stop now!

I think you are in a similar boat to myself even though I never went to a single meeting! I have been doing it at home and whilst I have had good results from it, I am starting to think that if you are really making a change in your lifestyle that WW can only be starting point, as it is very basic regarding nutrition and exercise.

I am lucky that I have a friend that is big into his fitness so he is pointing me towards my fitness pal and worrying more about the type of foods I eat rather than just their point value. At the minute I feel just as lost as I did when I started WW but hope that it becomes second nature, similar to WW.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

No, afraid not! Only the Country Kitchens Sandwich Slims and Pat the Baker Multiseed Slimbos are on the SS

Here's a list of SS Breads I got from my leader:

Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Mulitseed & Cereal
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Original
    Country Kitchen Bagel Slims Wholemeal
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims Mulitseed
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims White
    Country Kitchen Sandwich Slims Wholemeal
    Pat the Baker Muliseed Slimbos
    Weight Watchers Brown Bread Sliced
    Hovis Crumpets
    Kingsmill Crumpets
    McCloskey's Crumpets
    Sunblest Crumpets
    Tesco Naturally Good for You Crumpets

I think you are in a similar boat to myself even though I never went to a single meeting! I have been doing it at home and whilst I have had good results from it, I am starting to think that if you are really making a change in your lifestyle that WW can only be starting point, as it is very basic regarding nutrition and exercise.

I am lucky that I have a friend that is big into his fitness so he is pointing me towards my fitness pal and worrying more about the type of foods I eat rather than just their point value. At the minute I feel just as lost as I did when I started WW but hope that it becomes second nature, similar to WW.

I've used my fitness pal before and loved it, I really like that it links with other apps to track your exercise too. the main reason I think I didn't succeed on that is the lack of weigh in, and meeting. I need something to make me accountable!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I've used my fitness pal before and loved it, I really like that it links with other apps to track your exercise too. the main reason I think I didn't succeed on that is the lack of weigh in, and meeting. I need something to make me accountable!

Yeah I get that, I weigh in every week at home and have a few friends and a trainer who know when I do it so that's what makes me accountable. Also, cos I'm a lad I was embarrassed to tell people that I was doing weight watchers so I made sure that I stuck to it so that if anyone made a joke about it I could be like, yeah well at least it works. 1 stone 9 pounds later, not one joke was made about it, but loads of encouragement given, which in turn motivated me to keep going with it and my own weekly weigh ins.

Would setting your own physical goal, like running the mini marathon for example, give you more motivation even if you stick to your meeting but look up other ways of achieving your other fitness goals?

Yeah I get that, I weigh in every week at home and have a few friends and a trainer who know when I do it so that's what makes me accountable. Also, cos I'm a lad I was embarrassed to tell people that I was doing weight watchers so I made sure that I stuck to it so that if anyone made a joke about it I could be like, yeah well at least it works. 1 stone 9 pounds later, not one joke was made about it, but loads of encouragement given, which in turn motivated me to keep going with it and my own weekly weigh ins.

Would setting your own physical goal, like running the mini marathon for example, give you more motivation even if you stick to your meeting but look up other ways of achieving your other fitness goals?

I actually do have a few I'd like to do the cycle against suicide, walk a full marathon, and take up weightlifting. Maybe I should find a trainer and badger them into being my friend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Eating out this evening again because I won't have time to go home and cook. I'm going with a burger but no bun and with salad instead. I'm not sure how to point it but I've enough points to cover it I think.

I hope everyone's having a good week. Just remember when you're tempted. Is this worth a bad wi? Is it worth being overweight? Or am I stronger than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I was 1lb up at WI last night. I was expecting it but still disappointed. I've been hovering around this weight since November and I feel like I'm just never going to get to goal. I have 2.5lbs to my 4th stone and another half stone after that to goal (9.5lbs total). I just keep wondering if I'm ever going to see 8st 7lbs on that scales. At the moment I'm 9st 2.5lbs. I just feel like my head isn't in the game or something. This week I'm taking it one day at a time and I'll see what happens. Last week I was really bad with my tracking. I was quite tired after work and I seemed to use that as an excuse to snack on biscuits and sugary stuff. I probably should have been up more in fairness.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week. As I said, it's one day at a time for me. I'm not taking a lunch break at work tomorrow (Leaving an hour early for a hair appointment) but I've planned for it and packed some fruit and a yoghurt bar. I've also measured my milk, which I didn't do last week. Thinking about it now I'm surprised I was only up 1lb and not more. Weighing and measuring seemed to go out the window!

Onwards and downwards ladies (and gents)! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

At least you attend your meeting every week and you're involved on here Purple, that just shows your head is in the game. :) Maybe you could switch your routine a bit, try a few new meals during the week to break through the plateau.

It can also be helpful to think of your weight-loss in terms of money. You have 9.5 lbs left to lose, so aim to get there in under €100 euro. (€10 a week) Think of all the money you'll save if you push yourself for the next 10 weeks. You are so close, you can do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Purple, I don't do WW anymore but got to goal with it using old points. The last few weeks can be the hardest but as the OP said above think of the money you'll save first off!

I found what helped me was going back to scratch with everything. I got trackers of weeks where I had great losses (from not too long ago because obviously I could eat more when I was heavier!) and I followed them, basically eating the same.

I also picked a specific fitness goal, I had the mini marathon that year but you could decided to do a class or something like that.

Stick a pic of yourself at your heaviest in the place where the food you don't want to eat is!
    Stick a pic of yourself feeling wonderful and slim on your phone or a picture of a lovely dress you'd like to fit into/look better in. I find that a great help, even now in maintaining.

You can get there but I would encourage you to push on now and not let it drag out. Give yourself a roundabout date in your head you want to be there and stick to it! You can do it! You're a great inspiration to people on here from what I can see and have done amazingly well! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, Had my weigh in today and was 1 and half pounds down so am happy with that:) Will have to push myself this week and try and get that third stone. Onwards and Downwards:)

Hi all, had WI today - 2.5lb down! :-)
    Had a family dinner tonight, and managed to pretty much stick to SS. Though, I decided i'd have a sliver of fudge topped chocolate biscuit cake apres dinner. I totally behaved though and only had a tiny tiny bit and feel great for it. Officially starting first SS week tomorrow and hoping for great results this week, I just hope I can stick to it.

Purple Pawprints - i'd echo the point about saving yourself money! Then use the savings to buy a little goal treat guilt free :cool: You are so close!

Thank you so much for all the kind words everyone, they're very much appreciated. You are all so lovely! :D

I seem to be back in the zone. Yesterday I had a very good day. I used all of my dailies and got a little bit of exercise. Today I'm going to do the same. I'll be able to go for a walk at lunch and I should be able to go for one after work before my dinner.

One day at a time seems to be working so far!

Onwards and downwards :)

Good afternoon everyone! Anyone know if and where I could get the WW Petit Pains in Central Dublin? I have been trying to get them for weeks and no joy as yet :( I am also looking to get the WW Premium pork sausages, if anyone knew where that those central Dub?

Really anxious about wi tomorrow. Im over my weeklies, but id love a loss! Trying really hard not to think about it

Good afternoon everyone! Anyone know if and where I could get the WW Petit Pains in Central Dublin? I have been trying to get them for weeks and no joy as yet :( I am also looking to get the WW Premium pork sausages, if anyone knew where that those central Dub?

I haven't looked but I heard supervalu has a good ww range

keesa wrote: »
    I haven't looked but I heard supervalu has a good ww range
    thanks for the reply! no joy in SV as of yet, have tried two branches. Ah sure, will keep looking :-) I am hoping to hit gold and find both so I can have a SS version of a sausage roll!

metime, is there a Dealz near you? I'm certain I've seen them in the one down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Not in Dublin but in my local dunnes they normally have them, the petit pain, never seen the sausages. also there's a sign up that if they don't stock anything & u would like them to stock a certain product u ask in customer services. Good luck finding them

Heading out to do the operation transformation fun run this morning, haven't done any exercise this week & I missed my weigh in, cos my granny died. But food wise I'm doin ok surprisingly cos normally if there's a death in the family I fall head first into the fridge. I'm really trying hard to stay on track. Good luck everyone this week

• Advertisement

I'm at goal!!!

Advertisement