Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Congratulations keesa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I'm actually so happy! I almost cried at the scales! I've lost 2 st 1 llb since August 8th! I really never thought I'd get here. Im sitting in o briens reading my maintenance book :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

That's amazing! I'm still over 2 and a half stone away from goal - I've already lost around that so I'm half way there.. Posts like yours make me imagine the day that I step on the scales and see my goal weight, and that makes it all worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations keesa, I'm delighted for you!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Daniels_Mummy, sorry to hear about your gran, :-(
    That is good however that you noticed you didn't go to the fridge straight away. A sure sign of a change on the inside as well as on the outside, imo :-) How did the fun run go?! I tried to sign up to it but it was sold out! Am on the look out for one I fancy this Spring.

Keesa - WOOOHooo!! G'wan ya good thing! That's fecking brilliant- all of your hard work has paid off for you now :cool: I'd say you look amazing too!
    I'm sure i'm not the only one in here reading that looks forward to the day that we too will have a maintenance book to read :-D
    I hope ye got yourself something nice to celebrate, and that you have a wonderful day - i'd say you're in an amazing mood, I know I would be after all that hard work and dedication - it is a brilliant achievement so well done to you :-) Also - FREE ww!! Wow...that'd be nice wouldn't it? ..OH WAIT lol :p;) Nice one :pac:
    -

Homemade turkey burgers and corn on the cob for lunch here, yom! Very impressed with points for corn on the cob thought it would be much higher... have been very good today, had one treat of 2 dark choc squares - addicted! Will have another two later, with some black cherries. So delicious.

I have a load of energy since starting SS, have never eaten so much fruit and veg in my life and I feel I have made a big step in the right direction this last week. There's veg soup made, eggs boiled, and a load of fruit and veg in, energy levels way up and have done a LOAD of stuff today too :-) My shopping seems to have found a good groove too and I know what i'm at when I go now - it was tough for a while as I didn't really know what I was at. Now it's easy - i am finding SS so brilliant for me personally. I am going to make vegetable crisps tomorrow as a treat, yommeh.

One thing I really am noticing this week is how much I eat sugar or crave sugary things, I need to sort this out! I'd not even be hungry and be thinking about having something sweet. The corn on the cob has satiated that for the moment but I have a feeling i'm opting for too many sweet fruits and veg.......at least i'm becoming more aware of it, and at least it's sweet fruits and veg - but it is something I think I would like to keep an eye to and try reign in. I will see how I feel next week when the time comes and what my loss is,(there better be one!!) but I am considering continuing first week of SS into the second week. I would lovvvvve to make a huge dent in my weight loss over the next two weeks and just go for it.

No joy on the petit pains / sausages today again - think i'll just give up. I saw turkey sausages and got those instead as they said half the fat of regular sausages. I will compare them with the quorn sausages and WW sausages nutritional info online and try gauge if they would be an ok substitute for the WW ones on the Simple start plan - if not, I will freeze them until I am back Pro pointing!
    Hope everyone doing well, threads quiet the last while, a sure sign everyones havin a deadly weekend no doubt!

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    I'm actually so happy! I almost cried at the scales! I've lost 2 st 1 llb since August 8th! I really never thought I'd get here. Im sitting in o briens reading my maintenance book :)
    I will definitely be crying at the scales when I reach goal! Well done again :-)

Note: Crying cheesecakes ...because im gonna have some then lol

jubella wrote: »
    That's amazing! I'm still over 2 and a half stone away from goal - I've already lost around that so I'm half way there.. Posts like yours make me imagine the day that I step on the scales and see my goal weight, and that makes it all worth it :)

I've about 2st 6lb to go until I reach the WW goal, but about 3st 8lb to go until I reach my personal goal! Will be another while yet for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

metime wrote: »
    Daniels_Mummy, sorry to hear about your gran, :-(
    That is good however that you noticed you didn't go to the fridge straight away. A sure sign of a change on the inside as well as on the outside, imo :-) How did the fun run go?! I tried to sign up to it but it was sold out! Am on the look out for one I fancy this Spring.

No joy on the petit pains / sausages today again - think i'll just give up. I saw turkey sausages and got those instead as they said half the fat of regular sausages. I will compare them with the quorn sausages and WW sausages nutritional info online and try gauge if they would be an ok substitute for the WW ones on the Simple start plan - if not, I will freeze them until I am back Pro pointing!
    Hope everyone doing well, threads quiet the last while, a sure sign everyones havin a deadly weekend no doubt!

Thanks Hun :) the fun run was very good, although I only ran when I saw a camara or photographer !!!! When I was doin ss, I used to use the turkey sausages. I figured they would be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Daniels mummy - So sorry about your gran x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

metime wrote: »
    Judy D- Hope you're feeling better by now? :-) I think of you when I am out running the odd time and wonder how your runs are going for ya!! I feel like we've become runners together lol. LOve ye man ;_; I will be doing Week 8 Day 3 this evening. Literally cannot believe I will be in to week 9 of the program then! I am aiming to finish the last run of week 9 next Monday the 24th, and to celebrate get myself some new running tights, running socks, a new sports bra......and then download the bridge to ten kilometer podcast to begin my venture into that on the 26th! My running capris are literally falling off me now - I cannot believe it they were so tight when I bought them I felt like I shouldn't even be wearing them...and now this :-D Woo!

Anyway! Back to business :-D x
    Lets do this!!

Hey all - I've a feeling this will be a long one - apologies in advance!

Metime, Honeygirl, Keesa, Thanks for the support guys! Had a TERRIBLE few days there. But took your advice and plugged away and even though I still pointed I made a conscious effort to eat F+H all the time and was -1.5lbs this week!! :) I was thrilled. (That was over 2 weeks as I missed a wi with being sick - but still!) That brings me back to being 3 stone lighter than when I originally joined ww in 2011 and there was a pregnancy in the middle so have to say I'm happy with that. :)
    I still have a ways to go to goal but I am determined to get there by October this year! :D I have never ever been within my bmi but 2014 is going to be my year!! I am actually looking forward to summertime and wearing skimpy clothes - guess there's a first time for everything! ;)
    I got back on the c25k programme this week and did week 8, session 1+2. Found it very tough going - I don't think my energy levels are fully back to normal after being sick as I'm just tired all the time. I skipped the 5k this weekend - I'm just not able for it yet. But will definitely do several this year, starting in a few weeks time. That's one of my personal goals for 2014.
    Well done metime - wow the bridge to 10k - Fair play to you!! I looked at it before but I just don't have the time to dedicate to it at the moment. My aim is to increase my speed on the 5k - try and get it down to 30mins. I find the running is starting to make a difference in my clothes. All of my slim size 16's fit me now - last time I lost weight I had to lose another 4/5 pounds to wear them this comfortably. But still have the baby pouch post-section so doing loads of crunches and the plank in an attempt to re-discover my stomach muscles. I don't know if I'll ever have a flat stomach but it won't be for want of trying! :)

I'm at goal!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Keesa - I'm so so so delighted for you!! :D Well done - thats just fantastic!! :D

Daniels Mummy So sorry to hear about your gran. I hope your doing okay. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I'm at goal!!!

Hi Keesa, Congratulations I am so happy for you:)

Not in Dublin but in my local dunnes they normally have them, the petit pain, never seen the sausages. also there's a sign up that if they don't stock anything & u would like them to stock a certain product u ask in customer services. Good luck finding them

Heading out to do the operation transformation fun run this morning, haven't done any exercise this week & I missed my weigh in, cos my granny died. But food wise I'm doin ok surprisingly cos normally if there's a death in the family I fall head first into the fridge. I'm really trying hard to stay on track. Good luck everyone this week

Hi Daniels mummy, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that your ok.

Thanks everyone :) although it was very sudden, she had been sick for a long time & had been living in a nursing home for the last 8 months, she passed peacefully so I'm very grateful for that. Its ironic though. My granny always battled with her weight, but only weighed 5 stone when she died. My mum, my sister & myself are all stones overweight & are battling to loose it. Thanks again xxx

Thanks Hun :) the fun run was very good, although I only ran when I saw a camara or photographer !!!! When I was doin ss, I used to use the turkey sausages. I figured they would be ok

haha ya cheeky monkey :-D did it take long to do the 5k? i'm still trying to work on my 5k time, don't really know what i should be aiming for! thats gas about only running when camera or photographer lol knowing my luck i'd be broadcast on rte2 collapsed in a heap and some accidental editing would make it look like i was collapsed at the starting line and everyone i know would just happen to be watching right then!! :-D I presume they will show it on the show,

ah glad im not the only one who thought turkey sausages would be ok :-D
    did you count two as one treat, or one as one treat? quark sausages are 1 for 1 treat and WW are 2 for 1 treat.....hmmmmmm

quark sausages LOL oops - i meant quorn!!

Thanks everyone :) although it was very sudden, she had been sick for a long time & had been living in a nursing home for the last 8 months, she passed peacefully so I'm very grateful for that. Its ironic though. My granny always battled with her weight, but only weighed 5 stone when she died. My mum, my sister & myself are all stones overweight & are battling to loose it. Thanks again xxx

i'm sure she got great care and it is always nice to hear of a peaceful passing. my mum works in a nursing home, and i worked in one too - they help a lot. it is funny regarding the weight loss isn't it - i hear the odd comment every so often about people surviving harsh cold weather because of body fat, and that body fat is 'stores' for rainy day, or if food is scarce, and here i am cursing it and trying to pare it all off! ...and PAYING a company to help me d it lol....ridiculous really but hey! here we are :-)

RIP granny daniels mummy! <3

About the turkey rashers - Our ww leader checked and they are fine to use on the SS plan. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Good morning all, well this week has to be one of the best, I managed to reach my 2 stone checkpoint and 3 more pounds down. I am so happy today and delighted to be on this diet, it really works a treat. I don't know how or why but it really works and for anyone doubting WW , I say stick with it and do not give up even if you have sh!t weeks you can invariably pull it back.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs
    February 24th - 17st 1.6lbs

I have 1.6 stone left to lose by the 29th of May. This week will be a little harder as I am going for my tasting with my fiancee on Friday for our wedding and then Saturday I will be going for a pre stag drink with my brother and brother in law. I don't expect to lose much this week but I will give it a bloody good go!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Ate all around me this weekend and didn't track once. Need to cop on and track everything again.

Also doing a 10k run on Saturday and have done very little training...hope I can manage to run the full distance.

I didn't track this weekend but I didn't go overboard with the food either but when I stood on the scales this morning I was 4lb up after the weekend:( I know your weight is supposed to fluctuate but that's mad:confused: Absolutely pissed off:mad: I will probably never be able to relax even for short periods of time:confused:. Anyway I will plug on. Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I have been trying to do the Motivation diet for the past 14 weeks. I think it's horrible and so restricting that I think I will skip the remaining classes that I paid a bomb for and go back to weightwatchers!!!

• Advertisement

pinkstars wrote: »
    I have been trying to do the Motivation diet for the past 14 weeks. I think it's horrible and so restricting that I think I will skip the remaining classes that I paid a bomb for and go back to weightwatchers!!!

Hi Pinkstars, The fact that you have paid for the remaining classes would you not go to them anyway and still try the weight watchers aswell. I don't know much about motivation but a friend of mine did it and from what she told me it was very strict, in the end she had to stop doing it because she started losing her hair. Anyway welcome back and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Just back from a walk which I had to make myself go on and then the dog had to drag me all the way:p. Can't believe how unmotivated I am lately and how little energy I have:mad: I will keep trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Went over my dailies today and I haven't even had dinner yet. Pigged out last night and I've a dinner on Wednesday. Who knew there were 10 points in a yorkie!?

What is the motivation diet?

Went over my dailies today and I haven't even had dinner yet. Pigged out last night and I've a dinner on Wednesday. Who knew there were 10 points in a yorkie!?

What is the motivation diet?

Jeekers I will stay away from yorkies then:eek:

10 pps in a yorkie thats crazy! My fella picked up a fun size pack of twirls in the shopping, 3pps for one finger & it was very satisfying. Went out last nite & ended up drinking way too much & getting a kebab on the way home, I don't think I had chips though thank god. Had my weigh in this morning I was down 5lbs, happy out with that, it was over 2 wks cos I missed last weeks weigh in. I have to be careful now cos I don't want that kebab showing up next week. So I'm after getting into the 15st mark, got a silver seven & my stone & lost 5%. So loads of tarkets reached this WK. Next goal is my 3rd silver seven, which is 5lbs away, hoping I can get that done in 3 weeks. Best of luck everyone in her weigh ins xxx
    METIME; I actually I actually thought ww sausages were free on the ss, so I had three. I didn't realise they were a treat. And it took me 47mins to walk the 5k, it was a bit hilly though, so I thought I did very well.

10 pps in a yorkie thats crazy! My fella picked up a fun size pack of twirls in the shopping, 3pps for one finger & it was very satisfying. Went out last nite & ended up drinking way too much & getting a kebab on the way home, I don't think I had chips though thank god. Had my weigh in this morning I was down 5lbs, happy out with that, it was over 2 wks cos I missed last weeks weigh in. I have to be careful now cos I don't want that kebab showing up next week. So I'm after getting into the 15st mark, got a silver seven & my stone & lost 5%. So loads of tarkets reached this WK. Next goal is my 3rd silver seven, which is 5lbs away, hoping I can get that done in 3 weeks. Best of luck everyone in her weigh ins xxx
    METIME; I actually I actually thought ww sausages were free on the ss, so I had three. I didn't realise they were a treat. And it took me 47mins to walk the 5k, it was a bit hilly though, so I thought I did very well.

Congrats on the stone your doing really well:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi everyone

I am considering returning to WeightWatcher's after a 2 year absence.
    The good news is that I haven't gained very much in the absence, but I haven't lost anything either and although I have retained some of the good habits I picked up during my time in WW, I do still have some issues with food that need to be stopped.

Have there been many changes to the WW plan since I've been away?
    I know about ProPoints-I used them and am familiar with the 49 weeklies thing, but is there anything else new?

PS Have booked a holiday to Spain in August and would really love to be a bit slimmer for that!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi everyone

The good news is that I haven't gained very much in the absence, but I haven't lost anything either and although I have retained some of the good habits I picked up during my time in WW, I do still have some issues with food that need to be stopped.

I know about ProPoints-I used them and am familiar with the 49 weeklies thing, but is there anything else new?

PS Have booked a holiday to Spain in August and would really love to be a bit slimmer for that!

Hey fussyonion,
    The simple answer is 'No' - the propoints plan is still the same with the 49 weeklies to use alongside your daily points.

However, you might recall there was also a Filling + Healthy plan going around as well as the propoints?! Well that is being pushed mightily by Weightwatchers since the New Year and they have repackaged and rebranded it a bit. They are calling it Simple Start - and basically it goes as follows:
    For week 1: F+H foods + 2 treats per day (from a very limited list)
    For week 2: F+H foods + 49 weekly points to use as you so wish (No treats)
    After that you can choose to follow whichever strand you like, stick with F+H and your weeklies, jumpstart occasionally with the Week 1 restricted list (its not something to be followed all the time) or propoint as per usual.

Some people are having fantastic results with SS and its really kickstarting their weightloss. For myself, portion size is my major issue so while I loved doing it and ate really healthily I didn't actually lose weight on it so I abandoned ship and went back to my pp's. That's just me though and I'd encourage everyone to try it.

Spain in August - sounds fab - you lucky thing! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey fussyonion,
    The simple answer is 'No' - the propoints plan is still the same with the 49 weeklies to use alongside your daily points.

However, you might recall there was also a Filling + Healthy plan going around as well as the propoints?! Well that is being pushed mightily by Weightwatchers since the New Year and they have repackaged and rebranded it a bit. They are calling it Simple Start - and basically it goes as follows:
    After that you can choose to follow whichever strand you like, stick with F+H and your weeklies, jumpstart occasionally with the Week 1 restricted list (its not something to be followed all the time) or propoint as per usual.

Some people are having fantastic results with SS and its really kickstarting their weightloss. For myself, portion size is my major issue so while I loved doing it and ate really healthily I didn't actually lose weight on it so I abandoned ship and went back to my pp's. That's just me though and I'd encourage everyone to try it.

Oh that sounds interesting.

I do remember Filling & Healthy, though it wasn't really mentioned much back when I was a member.

I'm a bit like you..I can eat healthy but I think I eat too much.

Interesting plans though and worth a try at least.

Thanks for the info and yes I'm really looking forward to my holiday :)

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hi everyone

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey fussyonion,

Hi Fussyonion, Like Judy D explained there haven't been changes as the propoints are still the same and you still have your 49 but they are pushing the simple start. A lot of the members in my class are getting great results with it, one girl lost 11 pounds in one week on it so it seems to be great, but I also have a problem with portion control and have to stick to points. Anyway good luck with the weight loss and welcome its great to have more people on here for encouragement:)

Advertisement