Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

stiill sticking to my SS, have been very good with it and am really really really loving the plan. i am getting so many more benefits other than all the tasty food. i was never officially diagnosed with diabetes but always thought i might have had it because of the way i lived, and looking back now there is no way i could NOT have had it. my poor body.

but the reason i'm bringing that is i feel like my blood sugar has been regulated, there have been no peaks and crashes since I started it - my mood is WAY more stable, it is just brilliant, I feel amazing on it truth be told. by it i mean fresh fruit and veg in decent portions.

i am yet to know what my loss is if any but i am not too concerned with that this week, it feels like a huge step forward for me in my food relationship. thrilled.

giving running a rest for a few days as my legs are telling me too. trying to work out some knots there!

hope everyone having a good week

my recipe of the week so far which I thought I would share is mashed potatoes made with quark. made this yesterday and had it with 2 bacon medallions (had it twice yesterday was so delicious!)

peeled some roosters
    steamed them
    when soft, covered with a tea towel for a few minutes
    about 2 tbsps quark, splash of skimmed milk
    good sprinkle of chives, freshly ground salt and black pepper

then i got the hand mixer that i used to use for making cupcakes and icing (lol) and used it on this ...that made me happy too!
    absolutely. ****ing. delicious. excuse my french!

going to have it another night with two quorn sausages and use my treats on those - and make up the gravy that's in the SS book to go with it - pan fry some onions in frylight.... i am looking forward to that a lot.

going to try forgo the sweet treats today and have some avacado with dinner, oh how i love it.

why do my posts on here always get so feckin long???!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

metime wrote: »
    stiill sticking to my SS, have been very good with it and am really really really loving the plan. i am getting so many more benefits other than all the tasty food. i was never officially diagnosed with diabetes but always thought i might have had it because of the way i lived, and looking back now there is no way i could NOT have had it. my poor body.

but the reason i'm bringing that is i feel like my blood sugar has been regulated, there have been no peaks and crashes since I started it - my mood is WAY more stable, it is just brilliant, I feel amazing on it truth be told. by it i mean fresh fruit and veg in decent portions.

i am yet to know what my loss is if any but i am not too concerned with that this week, it feels like a huge step forward for me in my food relationship. thrilled.

giving running a rest for a few days as my legs are telling me too. trying to work out some knots there!

hope everyone having a good week

my recipe of the week so far which I thought I would share is mashed potatoes made with quark. made this yesterday and had it with 2 bacon medallions (had it twice yesterday was so delicious!)

peeled some roosters
    steamed them
    when soft, covered with a tea towel for a few minutes
    about 2 tbsps quark, splash of skimmed milk
    good sprinkle of chives, freshly ground salt and black pepper

then i got the hand mixer that i used to use for making cupcakes and icing (lol) and used it on this ...that made me happy too!
    absolutely. ****ing. delicious. excuse my french!

going to have it another night with two quorn sausages and use my treats on those - and make up the gravy that's in the SS book to go with it - pan fry some onions in frylight.... i am looking forward to that a lot.

going to try forgo the sweet treats today and have some avacado with dinner, oh how i love it.

why do my posts on here always get so feckin long???!!!

Hey metime - that potato/quark mixture sounds fab! Will definitely have to give it a try! :)

Talking of cooking - Thanks to a friend of mine I rediscovered omelettes this weekend. I had a gorgeous omelette lunch made with one medium egg, 2 egg whites, onions (fried in frylite), chopped up 1/3 slice of ham, chopped cherry tomatoes, and a pinch of grated cheddar on top. Served with salad and balsamic dressing. So so YUMMY!! And all for 4pp! :D Could easily be readjusted for the SS plan too. :D

wi later today - I'm hopeful for a good result but hard to know. *Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

JudyD wrote: »
    Hey metime - that potato/quark mixture sounds fab! Will definitely have to give it a try! :)

Talking of cooking - Thanks to a friend of mine I rediscovered omelettes this weekend. I had a gorgeous omelette lunch made with one medium egg, 2 egg whites, onions (fried in frylite), chopped up 1/3 slice of ham, chopped cherry tomatoes, and a pinch of grated cheddar on top. Served with salad and balsamic dressing. So so YUMMY!! And all for 4pp! :D Could easily be readjusted for the SS plan too. :D

wi later today - I'm hopeful for a good result but hard to know. *Fingers crossed :)

That omelette sounds delicious..I might have that for lunch.
    Best of luck for your WI today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Had a weekend in edinburgh last weekend which turned into an entire week off weight watchers! Took until yesterday but I am well and truly back on track and back to simple start/filling and healthy and feeling great.

I have also got back to running just this morning. i did a 10k back in November and had a panic attack at the 3k point and have been terrified of running ever since. I always do the mini marathon so I forced myself out this morning to get over the fear. First run was ok so will see how I get on thursday and hopefully keep it up until June and beyond!

Feeling great and just need to bottle this feeling next time I want to fall off the wagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

1.5lbs down on a week where I thought there would lose nothing or at the most half a pount, so happy out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Just joined ww for about the 6th time :eek: In the last few months i have tried all the other weight loss clubs but have always given up after a couple of weeks. I dont think the 'eat till you're full' routine works for me which is why i have reverted to the pro points system.

I have only been given the simple start book this week so I will give it a try and see how I get on but I think I will be using the pro points as and from next week as I feel more in control using that sort of plan.

I would be gratfeul of any low point meal ideas, especially lunches and pasta/stir fry sauces that I can buy ready made (I am rubbish at making my own sauces)!!

Fingers crossed I can keep this up and get to goal this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Boop22 wrote: »
    Just joined ww for about the 6th time :eek: In the last few months i have tried all the other weight loss clubs but have always given up after a couple of weeks. I dont think the 'eat till you're full' routine works for me which is why i have reverted to the pro points system.

I have only been given the simple start book this week so I will give it a try and see how I get on but I think I will be using the pro points as and from next week as I feel more in control using that sort of plan.

Fingers crossed I can keep this up and get to goal this time :D

Why have you given up in the past? Following the pro points system works, it simply works. Have you stuck to the plan rigidly?? It always annoyed me to see my sister not completely stick to plan or allow a bad day to turn into a bad week, then blame the system for being too restrictive.

I went from eating half a packet of biscuits with a cup of tea and massive portions of unhealthy dinners (just because its not always chips doesnt stop it being unhealthy) to eating smaller portions of healthy meals overnight. I have never been hungry and always allow myself treats as long as they are within my points. As a result I have only had one week where I stayed the same. Just stick with it! It took me over 6 weeks to notice my clothes getting baggier but once that happened it was a massive motivational boost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Ok, so the last month or so has been a disaster for me! Absolutely no willpower or motivation :( I'm finding it so hard to get back on track.

The last few days I'm back into it though and I'm hoping for a good loss this week to spur me on! I want to lose another stone by the end of April and can't wait to buy myself a gorgeous new dress to wear to Punchestown! And I have holidays booked for July so I would like to be down another stone by then. Then for my graduation in September, I hope to be down at least another half a stone, and this will have me close to goal weight then.

I've been all over the place the last few weeks so I just need to keep all these in mind and keep focused!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

WI today STS...very frustrating even though my clothes are looser and I feel way firmer but if my leader chimes in with "muscle is four times heavier than fat" once more, I'll eat her scales!!! :mad: That means WW will be getting money from me forever cos this will be the slowest goal ever!!! Grrrr!!! :(

Saying that, I had a yawny stretch this morning when making my porridge and pulled a muscle in my back - osteopath has warned me off pilates, zumba and circuits this week so only got one class in so far. Be interesting to see if an exercise-free week shows on the scales next week. Am I allowed to walk though so getting out now while it's bright.

Have a lovely week everyone :)

hi folks :-) does anyone know the pro points for quorn fillets? they're the long oval shaped ones? the bag has gone missing ... (they're feckin delicious btw, and i am hoping mad low in points, because loving them!)

i am also looking for the pro points of mc closkeys crumpets? does anyone happen to know this off hand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

jubella wrote: »
    Ok, so the last month or so has been a disaster for me! Absolutely no willpower or motivation :( I'm finding it so hard to get back on track.

The last few days I'm back into it though and I'm hoping for a good loss this week to spur me on! I want to lose another stone by the end of April and can't wait to buy myself a gorgeous new dress to wear to Punchestown! And I have holidays booked for July so I would like to be down another stone by then. Then for my graduation in September, I hope to be down at least another half a stone, and this will have me close to goal weight then.

I've been all over the place the last few weeks so I just need to keep all these in mind and keep focused!

Hi Jubella, I know how you feel because the last month has been an absolute disaster for me aswell. I have 16 pounds to lose to get to goal and Jeekers those pounds are sticking to me. I just don't seem to have any motivation or energy and I seem to have hit a wall. I have my daughters communion in May and I would love it all to be gone by then. Anyway I suppose all we can do is keep encouraging each other and trying and hopefully the weight will start falling off all of us.

JudyD wrote: »

cooking is my new boyfriend <3 thanks for sharing your lunch idea, love to know what other people have to get new ideas!! any ideas what to do with the left over egg yokes? or dye buy the carton egg whites to bulk out? (just curious because i wonder this whenever i'm debating bulking an omlette with egg white! - the carton ones are EXPENSIVE, so not sure what to be at there...) and sure that recipe is SS friendly :D! only thing that's not is the cheese- but you can have a slice for one treat, so you could just slice it up and BAM healthy yommy yumyums

also have just recently discovered balsamic dressing myself - looking forward to playing with it..initial tasting was YOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Jubella, I know how you feel because the last month has been an absolute disaster for me aswell. I have 16 pounds to lose to get to goal and Jeekers those pounds are sticking to me. I just don't seem to have any motivation or energy and I seem to have hit a wall. I have my daughters communion in May and I would love it all to be gone by then. Anyway I suppose all we can do is keep encouraging each other and trying and hopefully the weight will start falling off all of us.

Keep it up honeygirl! 16 lbs is nothing when you think about how far you've come already :)
    Whenever you're reaching for bad food/more food, try to visualize yourself on the day of your daughter's communion and how you want to look - I find this really helps me to stay on track, especially if the event in question is not too far away.

dellzbellz wrote: »
    WI today STS...very frustrating even though my clothes are looser and I feel way firmer but if my leader chimes in with "muscle is four times heavier than fat" once more, I'll eat her scales!!! :mad: That means WW will be getting money from me forever cos this will be the slowest goal ever!!! Grrrr!!! :(

Saying that, I had a yawny stretch this morning when making my porridge and pulled a muscle in my back - osteopath has warned me off pilates, zumba and circuits this week so only got one class in so far. Be interesting to see if an exercise-free week shows on the scales next week. Am I allowed to walk though so getting out now while it's bright.

Have a lovely week everyone :)
    it might sound ridiculous to say seeing as we're all in the same boat here and paying for the classes but from the sounds of it i would suggest to you personally to not mind the scales for a week or two- if your clothes are lose, and you feel firmer, you are GETTING results and you are doing good for your body. the results might just not be reflected at WI and on the scales?

I imagine you are there to look and feel better and then you are saying your clothes are looser and your body is firmer!!

my body is completely changing shape too, some weeks i have terrible losses that im disappointed with but i know that it is muscle building related. (though to be fair, some weeks it may be chocolate cake and pizza related ;-) ) my jeans belt however is 2 dots down since November and 90% of my clothing has been put away for rehoming when the time is right.

stick with it! you are getting results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

jubella wrote: »
    Keep it up honeygirl! 16 lbs is nothing when you think about how far you've come already :)
    Whenever you're reaching for bad food/more food, try to visualize yourself on the day of your daughter's communion and how you want to look - I find this really helps me to stay on track, especially if the event in question is not too far away.

Thanks Jubella, Will definitely try that:) So here's to us all shedding those pounds:D:D

it might sound ridiculous to say seeing as we're all in the same boat here and paying for the classes but from the sounds of it i would suggest to you personally to not mind the scales for a week or two- if your clothes are lose, and you feel firmer, you are GETTING results and you are doing good for your body. the results might just not be reflected at WI and on the scales?

I imagine you are there to look and feel better and then you are saying your clothes are looser and your body is firmer!!

my body is completely changing shape too, some weeks i have terrible losses that im disappointed with but i know that it is muscle building related. (though to be fair, some weeks it may be chocolate cake and pizza related ;-) ) my jeans belt however is 2 dots down since November and 90% of my clothing has been put away for rehoming when the time is right.

stick with it! you are getting results!

Thanks metime, you're so right. I was always a small frame, with a boyish figure, no hips, but now I have a shape! I am thrilled so shouldn't let a scale rule and ruin my happy feeling. I get such encouragement reading all the posts here, be lost without you all! Thanks again :)

i am also looking for the pro points of mc closkeys crumpets? does anyone happen to know this off hand?

Hey metime I pointed these a few weeks ago on the wheely thingy (which I still use all the time!) and they were 3pp which I'd believe as they're pretty big crumpets but sooo yummy! But someone in class mentioned crumpets were 2pp so I pointed Kingsmill on weightwatchers.ie and when I put in the info per crumpet I got 3pp, but when I put in info for 100g and then portion size (48g) I got 2pp - so I've been pointing at 3pp (even though Kingsmill are WAY smaller than McCloskey). Hope that helps!
    cooking is my new boyfriend <3 thanks for sharing your lunch idea, love to know what other people have to get new ideas!! any ideas what to do with the left over egg yokes? or dye buy the carton egg whites to bulk out? (just curious because i wonder this whenever i'm debating bulking an omlette with egg white! - the carton ones are EXPENSIVE, so not sure what to be at there...) and sure that recipe is SS friendly :D! only thing that's not is the cheese- but you can have a slice for one treat, so you could just slice it up and BAM healthy yommy yumyums

also have just recently discovered balsamic dressing myself - looking forward to playing with it..initial tasting was YOM!

I never buy the egg white stuff - just way too expensive! TBH I end up dumping the egg yolks most of the time. :o Terrible I know but economical. And I often get eggs from a neighbour so have WAY too many going around. You can of course pop the yolks in a freezer bag and freeze them til you need them. But there's only so many frozen yolks a person needs. The main things I use yolks for are making shortbread and brushing the top of pastry...basically the things I'm trying to AVOID doing as much as possible these days!!! :rolleyes:

-1.5LBS today! :D

So here's the mini-goals for next little while to help me keep focused!:
    -2lbs = pre-pregnancy weight
    -3lbs = -10% since Oct 2013 (going off rejoining weight post-pregnancy)
    -6.5lbs = 50lbs lost since original starting weight (Got my cert already but it'll be nice to weigh that again!)
    -7.5lbs = Back to the lightest weight I've ever been!
    -9.5lbs = Break the barrier and into the 12 stone bracket!!! YAY - will hopefully be here by 6th May!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 brownel

So, first day back at WW since Christmas and got the simple start book. Most of it is ok to follow bar the breakfast. I'm a cereal girl but it isn't all that clear what cereals you can have. Does anyone know what branded (or lidl/aldi) equivalents are ok for it. Thx a mill.

1st 4.5lb to get back to goal :( had been there before but was a bad time to try 'maintain' but thankfully have not gone anywhere near what I was when I first joined WW and I hope never to! Just gotta get back to it! I'm not sure if simple start is for me but will give it a go for a wk and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI later and I'm nervous. I had a good enough week but with so little left there isn't much room for even little slip ups. 9.5lbs left to goal now. I'd be delighted with a 0.5lb loss or STS today.

• Advertisement

brownel wrote: »
    So, first day back at WW since Christmas and got the simple start book. Most of it is ok to follow bar the breakfast. I'm a cereal girl but it isn't all that clear what cereals you can have. Does anyone know what branded (or lidl/aldi) equivalents are ok for it. Thx a mill.

1st 4.5lb to get back to goal :( had been there before but was a bad time to try 'maintain' but thankfully have not gone anywhere near what I was when I first joined WW and I hope never to! Just gotta get back to it! I'm not sure if simple start is for me but will give it a go for a wk and see.

hi brownel :-) i am doing SS as well -
    i'm sticking to shredded wheat an porridge!
    weetabix are considered a treat. The little pull out booklet you got shows you all of the foods you can have on SS, and more importantly what you can pimp out your cereal with!
    Crumpets are brilliant, i used to have a lot of cereal but now find i am having those now as an alternative some mornings. very filling and yummy.
    I hve WI tomorrow after my first proper week of SS - will report here t let ye know how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi everyone

Well I rejoined weight watchers last night so I am starting with simply filling.

Stupidly forgot my book today would love if someone gave me a run down on what to eat. Don't want to go wrong on day one!!!!

Ah ya silly billy :-D

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=99052

Its all here in the pdf in that pg.
    Gonna savd that to my phone actyally!!
    Best of luck with it'- :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Thank you so much!!!

Decided to have a F&H day today and not point so got up this morning and made my banana pancakes (two eggs beaten, one very ripe banana mashed, mixy, mixy, fried in spray oil) but added a handful of blueberries...nom noms! :p

Also have the SS porridge bread in the oven so will have that for lunch with bacon medallions, egg and tomato. For dinner brown rice with that freaky but delicious instant SS curry sauce cos I made a huge batch of it when on the SS.

Out for a walk now before I head to work (morning off in lieu) in the sunshine (NOT thinking about the classes I'm missing cos of the pulled muscle in my vertebrae!), today is going to be a great day!!! :cool:

Good luck to everyone with WI, onwards and downwards! :D

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Decided to have a F&H day today and not point so got up this morning and made my banana pancakes (two eggs beaten, one very ripe banana mashed, mixy, mixy, fried in spray oil) but added a handful of blueberries...nom noms! :p

Also have the SS porridge bread in the oven so will have that for lunch with bacon medallions, egg and tomato. For dinner brown rice with that freaky but delicious instant SS curry sauce cos I made a huge batch of it when on the SS.

Out for a walk now before I head to work (morning off in lieu) in the sunshine (NOT thinking about the classes I'm missing cos of the pulled muscle in my vertebrae!), today is going to be a great day!!! :cool:

Good luck to everyone with WI, onwards and downwards! :D

I am officially stealing your banana pancakes idea for next tuesday! Will add some strawberries too. Thanks :-D

Sounds like you have a lovely day ahead of ya :-D sunny and beautiful so far!

I am officially stealing your banana pancakes idea for next tuesday! Will add some strawberries too. Thanks :-D

Sounds like you have a lovely day ahead of ya :-D sunny and beautiful so far!

Steal away! If you want to throw a propoint in there, add a teaspoon of cocoa! Although, for the amount of pancakes you get, it's less than a point for what you actually eat! Enjoy! :)

SS breakfast - (F.I.L.L.I.N.G!)
    ---
    1 McCloskeys crumpet cut in half lengthways and toasted (3pp)
    1 fried egg (in fry lite green olive oil spray bottle)(3pp)
    1/4 courgette, 3 mushrooms sliced, 1 tomato sliced fried up in same pan (0pp)
    3 bacon medallions (pp??)

Was essentially a homemade bacon and egg mc muffin with veg hash. Delish. Could probably just have used 1 bacon medallion in fairness, and done a smaller portion.
    Cup of tea made with skimmed milk yumyum and followed with some fresh sliced pineapple.

---- approx 9pp if you are doing PP.
    Will have a pitta for lunch 2pp with 1/2 avacado (pp?) salad and sliced turkey 4pp + whatever avacado is..then follow with an apple and 2 squares of choc. Thats my two treats in for the day.
    --
    A small amount of wholewheat pasta, lors of mixed veg, massive salad and toasted quark and garlic sandwich slim tonight. Will prob have some yoghurt and pommegranate to follow.....:-) yum!

Helped me writing that out to see where im at. Looks good to me just gotta be careful with my portion sizes. Big walk today too.

Pint of water with 1/4 lemon squeezed in....yum

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I'm back, I used be a regular poster here about 12 months ago & think it's probably been a full year since I've done WW properly, was trying to follow operation transformation the past few wks and lost 8lbs and that program comes to an end today. This is the spooky bit, last night I checked my emails and there was an email from my leader saying come back to class and i was so happy. It was exactly what I needed and got me thinking I do genuinely struggle to stay on track without going to the meetings so made the decision to jump back on the horse and go back to class tonight. I probably would have kept putting it off if I hadn't got that email but it just made me think! Feeling motivated, reading all the stories here about people nearly at goal and the great weight loss's everyone is achieving it's so motivating. I have a good 2 stone to get to my goal but hoping with hard work and the support from here that I can finally knuckle down and do it! :D

• Advertisement

WI later and I'm nervous. I had a good enough week but with so little left there isn't much room for even little slip ups. 9.5lbs left to goal now. I'd be delighted with a 0.5lb loss or STS today.

Ahhh! Rooting for ya love, I hate pre WI nerves - i'm feeling a bit anxious today about it and wondering if i've done right this week but i think too I should be ok. My WI is not until tomorrow- I have been wondering about it all week and the suspense is killing me!

Be sure and pop in to let us know how ye get on anyway :-) I'd say you're burning a lot of calories anyway - up at the crack of dawn by the looks of things! :-) Best of luck with it

Advertisement