Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Natmus wrote: »
    Yes, I loved it and cried most weeks too!!

Did you see the pic's on fb with the costs of each item of clothing? I couldn't believe the price for the underwear - €215. I mean come on, really, can anyone afford €215 for a pair of knickers????!!

Yes I saw that very expensive, think it mite have said wonder bra, but the other bras were more reasonable. I certainly couldn't afford it but even if I could I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Anyone know the PP in Lindt chocolates? I've had about 7 or 8. Thank feck for weeklies but I'll have to be so good for the rest of today and for the rest of the week.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Did anyone watch operation transformation ? The finale was on last nite & they all looked so well. I used be crying every week watching them, they put themselves out there & did so well

It was Brilliant - wasn't it?! I love to see the before and after - although to be fair everyone looks better with a great outfit let alone the hair and make-up even if they hadn't lost any weight at all! Some of them lost CRAZY amounts of weight in 8 weeks - fair play to them they really put in alot of blood, sweat and tears. It must be hard to sustain it though - don't know if its a very practical lifestyle change...it certainly wouldn't suit me. It made ww seem like a piece of cake! :D
    metime wrote: »
    hiya, thanks for the reply. no that makes perfect sense i dont think i was very clear. i followed week one exactly, but on one day had 4 treats worth. drank more water too. am just a bit lost as to why i didnt get a better result. i felt full and content all week, though and ate fresh, good food. my mood swings are under control and as i said it feels my blood sugar has levelled so the one pound loss in hindsight seems like a bonus on top of those other much more important health achievements. and tbh, 1 poundd is amazing who am i kidding. its just the fact tht it was week one of ss and i felt like there was big promises made and i was kind of expecting a miracle i guess.
    back in REALITY- i havent touched a morsel of take out food in a couple of weeks now. this is a huge improvement for me. i also noticed i didnt flly off the rails and eat all around me after wi as a 'reward' for my 'good loss' this evening - which ive done in the past, sounds so silly now but hey! it happened where id 'celebrate' just because. i find im replacing what were once food rewards with other much more wholesome and fulfilling rewards for my liffe and putting the energy there instead. its good.

instead of usual apres wi gorging, i got out for a nice long walk there and got some fresh air, didnt bring the euro for a can of fizzy, and enjoyed the walk a lot.
    i have good food in for the week again. had a run last night, week 9 day 1 of couch to 5k. no plans for drinking this wkend and have a hill walk planned for sat, a walk on monday and will try sprinkle a little more in there if i can. would like to finish couch to 5k plan this week and get a swim in if i can. i have a big celebration next week that i am very much looking forward to and id really really like to enjoy it guilt free knowing ive worked my butt off in the run up to it (punintended) .

thanks for the replies tonight folks was down earlier over it but feeling a hell of a lot better now. x

im such a saddo, im really looking forward to my simple start ketchup, quorn sausage and egg bap pre hill walk on sat. ha.

Glad your feeling more upbeat metime. If in doubt ever again, pick up a pound of butter - thats what you lost! How fantastic is that. Every loss is a great achievement. There is no such thing as a bad loss!!! And it seems that some people have to do SS for a few weeks before they see big losses.
    It seems to me from what you said here that there are some off-the-scales victories to be proud of too. If your mood is better and you're more satisfied and you've beaten the post wi binge-eating then thats absolutely FANTASTIC and a great achievement!

I'm feeling a bit miserable these days. My septic throat came back with a bang yesterday and on a cocktail of drugs for the next fortnight. :( Have a hen party to go to tomorrow night and really don't want to miss it. I'm hoping I'll be fairly back to rights enough to go and at least I won't have to worry about alcohol propoints now!!! :) Guess there's always a silver lining! ;)

Anyone know the PP in Lindt chocolates? I've had about 7 or 8. Thank feck for weeklies but I'll have to be so good for the rest of today and for the rest of the week.

I think there's 2pps in 1 chocolate so maybe 15 for the lot. I love those chocs..... Totally open to correction on this though.

I think there's 2pps in 1 chocolate so maybe 15 for the lot. I love those chocs..... Totally open to correction on this though.

Actually it's 15pps for 7 or 18pps for 8, got the nutritional info & used my calculator to come up with this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Did anyone watch operation transformation ? The finale was on last nite & they all looked so well. I used be crying every week watching them, they put themselves out there & did so well

Natmus wrote: »
    Yes, I loved it and cried most weeks too!!

Did you see the pic's on fb with the costs of each item of clothing? I couldn't believe the price for the underwear - €215. I mean come on, really, can anyone afford €215 for a pair of knickers????!!

I watched it too and like all of ye ended up crying for most of it because its so lovely to see people getting on so well. Was in floods for the last episode where they all came out in their finery. But then again Im a big softie:)

Jeekers I have to say if I paid that much for a pair of knickers Id expect them to make my butt look fab:eek: That's mad.

Sounds like your having a lovely day:) yum!

Actually it's 15pps for 7 or 18pps for 8, got the nutritional info & used my calculator to come up with this

Oh thank you so much! :D

I've used almost all of my weeklies today :eek: It was hectic at work, only got 15 mins for lunch at 2pm and I was starving by 5.30 so I nipped over to Aldi and got some pasta thing for 12PP :eek:

honeygirl wrote: »
    Sounds like your having a lovely day:) yum!

They were divine! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

KarenOD wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody knows the propoints in the medium sized skinny cappuccino from O'Briens? I can't seem to get the right points worked out for it at all!

Hi Karen - a medium one from o briens would be seven propoints - handy tip if you ask the staff to give you an americano but topping with hot milk and a lil froth it is similar taste wise but should only be 1-2 propoints .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

susita06 wrote: »
    Hi Karen - a medium one from o briens would be seven propoints - handy tip if you ask the staff to give you an americano but topping with hot milk and a lil froth it is similar taste wise but should only be 1-2 propoints .....

I had NO idea cauppachinos out were so high in points???!! What makes it so high? I don't fully understand how one is made but the way i saw a cauppachino was ..coffee is no points, just count for the milk used? And then i figured if ya ask for a skinny its about 3pp? :-/??

Good day food wise here, made good choices all day and just treated myself guilt free. Love it.
    Makin the SS ketchup 2m to go with me saturday "fry"... yom! Decided not to buy more crumpets too..good choice me thinks! Anyway,
    Happy weekend all! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

hiya, thanks for the reply. no that makes perfect sense i dont think i was very clear. i followed week one exactly, but on one day had 4 treats worth. drank more water too. am just a bit lost as to why i didnt get a better result. i felt full and content all week, though and ate fresh, good food. my mood swings are under control and as i said it feels my blood sugar has levelled so the one pound loss in hindsight seems like a bonus on top of those other much more important health achievements. and tbh, 1 poundd is amazing who am i kidding. its just the fact tht it was week one of ss and i felt like there was big promises made and i was kind of expecting a miracle i guess.
    back in REALITY- i havent touched a morsel of take out food in a couple of weeks now. this is a huge improvement for me. i also noticed i didnt flly off the rails and eat all around me after wi as a 'reward' for my 'good loss' this evening - which ive done in the past, sounds so silly now but hey! it happened where id 'celebrate' just because. i find im replacing what were once food rewards with other much more wholesome and fulfilling rewards for my liffe and putting the energy there instead. its good.

instead of usual apres wi gorging, i got out for a nice long walk there and got some fresh air, didnt bring the euro for a can of fizzy, and enjoyed the walk a lot.
    i have good food in for the week again. had a run last night, week 9 day 1 of couch to 5k. no plans for drinking this wkend and have a hill walk planned for sat, a walk on monday and will try sprinkle a little more in there if i can. would like to finish couch to 5k plan this week and get a swim in if i can. i have a big celebration next week that i am very much looking forward to and id really really like to enjoy it guilt free knowing ive worked my butt off in the run up to it (punintended) .

thanks for the replies tonight folks was down earlier over it but feeling a hell of a lot better now. x

im such a saddo, im really looking forward to my simple start ketchup, quorn sausage and egg bap pre hill walk on sat. ha.

Metime, you gave me my boost after my STS at my last weigh in cos of all the exercise I did, so my turn! You've done brilliantly and you're doing heaps of activity so be proud. I did well the first week of SS but found the second week a bit of a struggle, I was always used to tracking but found it hard to track just weeklies. Anyway, look at us all here now, we're all doing so well cos we're trying our damnedest to be the healthiest we can be, we're not saints!!! I went to the cinema today with my OH as a treat (supposed to be in Glasgow but left my passport at home in Cork and flying from Dublin, Ryanair said no way Jose!) anyway, had popcorn and some pick n mix but did a good 7km walk beforehand so feck it, guilt-free munchies!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

They were divine! :p

They are my favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I was delighted when Flat Whites from Insomnia pointed at 2. They use low fat milk in their coffee all the time.

honeygirl wrote: »
    I watched it too and like all of ye ended up crying for most of it because its so lovely to see people getting on so well. Was in floods for the last episode where they all came out in their finery. But then again Im a big softie:)

Jeekers I have to say if I paid that much for a pair of knickers Id expect them to make my butt look fab:eek: That's mad.

My husband is always skittng at me cos I'll be crying 5mins into the show! I love seeing the end result, and I always use to look up the food plans for ideas for my own dinner. They worked so hard & deserve it all :)

My husband is always skittng at me cos I'll be crying 5mins into the show! I love seeing the end result, and I always use to look up the food plans for ideas for my own dinner. They worked so hard & deserve it all :)

My husband is the same so I try to watch these things without him:p It is great when you see people succeed like that and it gives you hope that you can do the same.

Theres a load of the biggest loser episodes on youtube!

That's another thing I watch. The American & austrailian ones. I love all the trainers!

Thanks Metime, I love the biggest loser so I will go on and have a look:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Does anyone know how many PP's are in a small bag of Skips and in a small bag of Salt & Vinegar HulaHoops?

• Advertisement

A small bag of Skips is 2PP I think. I don't know about the Hula Hoops. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A small bag of Skips is 2PP I think. I don't know about the Hula Hoops. :)

Woo that's good for Skips. I think I'll treat myself tonight with a rum and Coke Zero :)
    Thank you!

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's a bag of Skips from a multipack that's PP and a 'normal' small bag is 3PP. Can anyone confirm?

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi a quick question for anyone who is following the SS plan. In the book it says that you can have popcorn as a snack but it says to be made in a pot with a small amount of oil. Just wondering if anybody knows whether you could have a packet of Manhattan popcorn instead seeing as it is airpopped?

not sure about this but a good question - i personally would think it's ok, though I would check the ingredients of it to make sure nothing else it added at all. Depends then of course how seriously you want to stick to the plan!

Another bad day today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

am on the ss plan at min its week one and i was making myself popcorn earlier and i had to put some salt on it now ive trawled through the book and it doesnt mention salt at all.
    would anyone know if i have to point the salt or use it as a treat option?
    the amt of salt i used was only tiny im not a massive salt fan just popcorn needed something

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lolc

carlyam2 wrote: »
    am on the ss plan at min its week one and i was making myself popcorn earlier and i had to put some salt on it now ive trawled through the book and it doesnt mention salt at all.
    would anyone know if i have to point the salt or use it as a treat option?
    the amt of salt i used was only tiny im not a massive salt fan just popcorn needed something

thanks

You don't have to point the salt, I am pretty sure it is on of the flavor boosters, you would definitely need it on popcorn it can be so dry!

Another bad day today :(

Me too, my first of the year really. Must go & add up my points & see wat damage iv done :( tomorrow is another day though, onwards & downwards

lolc wrote: »
    You don't have to point the salt, I am pretty sure it is on of the flavor boosters, you would definitely need it on popcorn it can be so dry!

If ye like spicy food i recommend looking up a recipe for bombay popcorn. Nice for a change, its just spices added so doesnt change the points. Got a recipe for it in a WW book.

• Advertisement

Wahoo! a friend snapped a pic of me unawares today and sent it to me. I look half the size of last photo i saw of me. Has put me in a great mood!

Advertisement