Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

1 frozen banana
    8 frozen blueberries
    1 ring of tinned pineapple and it's juice
    1/2 head of frozen romaine lettuce
    3 tbsp fat free natural organic yoghurt
    5 almonds (2pp). 1 scoop of natural whey protein (pp?).
    1/2 glass of water

---Blend......Abso Delisho!

Have just remembered, it's pancake Tuesday this coming - remember to keep some weeklies if you like to indulge!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Im really struggling to keep focused now that im at goal. Terrible week last week and I missed wi too.

Thought you might be interested in some low point pancakes.

One mashed super ripe banana
    2 eggs

Coconut oil for the pan
    You can add some spices too

Serves 2-3

keesa wrote: »
    Im really struggling to keep focused now that im at goal. Terrible week last week and I missed wi too.

Thought you might be interested in some low point pancakes.

One mashed super ripe banana
    2 eggs

Coconut oil for the pan
    You can add some spices too

Serves 2-3

i'd just focus on enjoying delicious foods, your gorgeous body you worked hard to achieve, and listening to my body inside for what it wants and doesn't want to eat? the way I see it is you have put in so much work, thought and effort in to your weightloss at this stage, and it has been a long and challenging road to get where you are today that surely you have by now naturally learned to feed yourself well and within reason - and it perhaps doesnt actually need as much focus as you have been giving it before?? i dont want to throw ye off or anything, just that struck me when i read your post and thought i should reply. would it be the fear of wi or the goal maintaining that is setting you off on a tangent and having ye feeling you've been bold when in fact you are well able for it and know how to eat well at this stage? that is the way i'd like to think i'd be by maintenance anyway!!

thanks for the recipe - can't wait to try out some on tuesday!! i got some green and blacks organic 70% dark chocolate today especially - instead of the reduced nutella that was ALL over the shop. that jar would have got demolished without me even wanting it. i'm learning :-D yay

i am roasting a chicken, making ss gravy, and some quark mash with chives, salt and pepper. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

metime wrote: »
    i am roasting a chicken, making ss gravy, and some quark mash with chives, salt and pepper. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

gosh that sounds lovely:).

• Advertisement

Metime I don't really understand your question but I assure you 30+ above my weeklies is not me being paranoid about my points. I'm only on 29 a day and I'm just fed up of dieting at this stage. I just want to be able to eat what I want.

Went out for dinner today with some friends and their kids, I kept about 30 of my weeklies and had most of my dailies left and was so looking forward to it. I didn't order a starter just the mains and the portion that came wouldn't even fill a small child, you could say it decorated the plate:eek: and I didn't even touch the weeklies let alone most of my dailies. Am home now and starving but will wait and have a cuppa later when the children are in bed. Anyway it was a nice day out and it looks like I will have plenty of pro points left for pancake Tuesday:). Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend:)

Metime I don't really understand your question but I assure you 30+ above my weeklies is not me being paranoid about my points. I'm only on 29 a day and I'm just fed up of dieting at this stage. I just want to be able to eat what I want.

Hi Keesa, I know how you feel I have been doing ww since October 2012 and am totally fed up with it, I would just love to have a month where I could eat what I want without thinking about it. I can put up 7lb after four days of eating and not watching so I know I will never be able to relax. Anyway I have about 16 pounds to get to goal so I will motor on.

Just keep trying and pull it back where you can and don't beat yourself up, you are doing so well and it is brilliant that you have reached your goal.. It is great when someone is successful and it gives me hope:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think the worst thing you can do is call it "a diet".

If you call it a diet, you're already setting yourself up for a fall.
    I call it "a healthy lifestyle where nothing is banned" and having that mindset really seems to work for me.

This week I've been eating a lot of salad, which I used to find so boring and would have avoided it as much as possible but I've discovered that if you make it varied and colourful, it can be delicious.

I started trying new fish (previously deeming it all as boring) and discovered I really liked seabass and LOVED mackerel.
    Finding these things that tasted so nice meant I didn't find eating it a chore.

If I want a glass of wine or a bag of crisps I am going to have them and no slimming club or "diet" in the world is going to stop me.
    Telling yourself you "can't" have it is only going to make you crave it even more.

I don't buy low-fat biscuits or reduced fat crisps.
    I don't buy into the Weight Watcher's range of foods; in fact I think most of it is bland and lacking something. Even my WW leader said the same.

Tips I learned in WW first time round have stayed with me on this journey.
    For example, I always use low-fat milk and butter and I rarely eat at the chipper because I feel awful after it.
    I think my body has grown accustomed to the healthy way I cook food now and eating a bag of chips at New Year made me feel so ill.

I'm not trying to come across pontifical and I am beyond no way perfect, but I don't beat myself up about things I've eaten..I simply tell myself that as part of a healthy lifestyle and mindset, we are all human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

For the love of God, what is wrong with me!!!!!! Points have gone out the bloody window!!!!

• Advertisement

We've all made healthy changes and no there's no food you can't reach. But I can't eat out more than once a week realistically, or have a fry for breakfast, what if I want pancakes on Tuesday AND god forbid I go for drinks with the girls. Truth is it is a diet and you are restricted thats how it works. I expected more than 3 pps extra on maintenance tbh.

For the love of God, what is wrong with me!!!!!! Points have gone out the bloody window!!!!

Go easy on yourself, you always seem to be so good and we all have bad weeks, you will get back on track:)

This is feckin' ridiculous though. I was fine on Thursday, perfect day. Then when everything was so hectic on Friday things just seem to go drastically wrong from there!

This is feckin' ridiculous though. I was fine on Thursday, perfect day. Then when everything was so hectic on Friday things just seem to go drastically wrong from there!

Feck it life takes over sometimes but once you can pull it back you will be ok. Like I said before try not to be too hard on yourself, Give yourself a pat on the back for all the weight you have lost:)

honeygirl wrote: »
    Feck it life takes over sometimes but once you can pull it back you will be ok. Like I said before try not to be too hard on yourself, Give yourself a pat on the back for all the weight you have lost:)

True. For the past three days all I want to do is eat toast and cereal and biscuits and junk. I am really dreading WI on Wednesday. I know I'm going to be really tempted to not go.

I'm 55lbs down and I can still be really tough on myself :o

We've all made healthy changes and no there's no food you can't reach. But I can't eat out more than once a week realistically, or have a fry for breakfast, what if I want pancakes on Tuesday AND god forbid I go for drinks with the girls. Truth is it is a diet and you are restricted thats how it works. I expected more than 3 pps extra on maintenance tbh.

The one thing that I have learned over the years is that anyone who has a good figure has to work at it unless they are one of the few who has really good genes. I have a lot of friends that would be quite thin and they all watch what they eat even tho some of them say that they don't. The ones that don't watch what they eat either run or go to the gym.

Unfortunately that is the way it is but I suppose if you get to your goal and keep on top of it you can take a break every now and then:).

True. For the past three days all I want to do is eat toast and cereal and biscuits and junk. I am really dreading WI on Wednesday. I know I'm going to be really tempted to not go.

I'm 55lbs down and I can still be really tough on myself :o

Go to your meeting on Wednesday no matter what happens because by missing it you might set yourself up for another bad week and you don't want to do that. It's a lifestyle change and you are going to have good weeks and bad weeks so just pull it back where you can and your goal is nearer then you think.. You will get there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ok so the weekend gone was a little excessive for the first time since the 6th of January but with good reason. We had our tasting this weekend for our wedding in Clonabreany House and ate so much food. Couple in Saturday night where I had a pre stag drink with my bro and bro in law (first alcoholic drink since New Year Eve) and also had bbq in Bison Bar so lets just say I had a really good weekend with lots of whiskey sours. The weigh in this morning was tough but in reality quite worth it especially Friday night.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs
    February 24th - 17st 1.6lbs
    March 3rd - 17st 2.8lbs

So I am up just over a pound I hope to knock it back off fairly fast. I need to lose as much as I can by mid April as I have my stag do and jebus I will be banjaxed from food and drink when I return. It gives me a good 6 weeks to be in tip top shape for the wedding however. I want to get to at least 16st 2/3lbs by the wedding at the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhmcauley

Hi all,

So I've missed the last 3 weigh ins - between going away and being broke (paid monthly so usually have nothing left by the last week of the month).

I haven't been very good - have been okay during the week (but not tracking which is a disaster, I know) but seems to have gone down the drain on the weekends.
    I am really annoyed at myself as I am only newly back to WW anyway so shouldn't have fallen off this easily.... I am so frustrated and annoyed that I let myself do it... feeling really disheartened right now.

I am going to the WI tomorrow night and I know I am going to be up a good few pounds so I am dreading it. :(

How do you keep yourself motivated over weekends or when eating out or things like that?

P.S. Some amazing stories on here and you all seem to be doing so well - well done to all so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

niamh

after a few trips to ww and some others my motivation has always been a bit dodgy but this time i am actually determined to do it.
    it def helps that my OH is helping by eating brown rice and pasta and not bringing sweets into the house now he is drawing the line at quorn lol.

whats helping me this time is i actually want to be a healthier fitter me im not going by weight i just want to make improvements so i think thats helping me that im not saying i want to be a size 10 or weigh 8 stone.

thats a personal thing as the reasons ive failed in the past are because i went in saying i need to lose 4 stone and after a few bad weeks id give up so ive now decided to work on eating the right things and exercise and ill know tomorrow how my wi goes.

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhmcauley

carlyam2 wrote: »
    niamh

after a few trips to ww and some others my motivation has always been a bit dodgy but this time i am actually determined to do it.
    it def helps that my OH is helping by eating brown rice and pasta and not bringing sweets into the house now he is drawing the line at quorn lol.

whats helping me this time is i actually want to be a healthier fitter me im not going by weight i just want to make improvements so i think thats helping me that im not saying i want to be a size 10 or weigh 8 stone.

thats a personal thing as the reasons ive failed in the past are because i went in saying i need to lose 4 stone and after a few bad weeks id give up so ive now decided to work on eating the right things and exercise and ill know tomorrow how my wi goes.

good luck

Thanks.
    This is actually very helpful as I think I am in the wrong frame of mind at the minute.

I am in a similar frame of mind to how you used to be.

From now on I am just going to try and focus on being healthier and fitter and not be obsessing about dropping pounds which will no doubt fall in line with being fitter and healthier anyway.

I am thinking about maybe setting myself small goals so that I don't get disheartened by how far away the long term goal is, something to keep me positive and motivated... Have you ever done this before??

Sorry guys. . . Totm :/

Chong that's incredible! Took me 6 months to lose what you've lost in weeks!

As for motivation I'm very goal focused. (Probably why i fell off the wagon last week) My goal was 9 6.5 because I wanted to say I lost 2st and not 1 13! I also loved being able to wear smaller clothes and the confidence it gave me. That's what I focused on.

I just bought size 8 skinny jeans yesterday. I never thought id be an 8! Complete accident too it's only a few pounds since I was a 10 but when I tried the 10 it was too loose : O

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

when your in the wrong frame of mind its soooo hard to get with it.

i do set small goals for myself but i do try not too as if i dont reach them i do be super upset with myself.

so im trying to look at this as a complete lifestyle reorganisation and as soon as i go down a dress size i will be dumping the bigger sizes so i dont fit back into them.
    im lucky i have some of my skinnier clothes still in the wardrobe to do a swap with.

i do think little mini goals are the way to go.

Hi all,

So I've missed the last 3 weigh ins - between going away and being broke (paid monthly so usually have nothing left by the last week of the month).

I haven't been very good - have been okay during the week (but not tracking which is a disaster, I know) but seems to have gone down the drain on the weekends.
    I am really annoyed at myself as I am only newly back to WW anyway so shouldn't have fallen off this easily.... I am so frustrated and annoyed that I let myself do it... feeling really disheartened right now.

I am going to the WI tomorrow night and I know I am going to be up a good few pounds so I am dreading it. :(

How do you keep yourself motivated over weekends or when eating out or things like that?

P.S. Some amazing stories on here and you all seem to be doing so well - well done to all so far :)

Hi Niamhmcauley, Go to your meeting tomorrow and just start again and like another poster said set yourself small goals. I set my mini goals into 7 pounds at a time because if I think of the big picture I will just go off the rails. At the start of the week I am full of motivation but when it comes to the weekends I fall off the wagon all the time but I just draw a line under it and try again. Hope you get on ok tomorrow and hopefully we can help motivate you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Hi weigh-in day today, I'm blown away cos I was down 2.5lbs. Can't believe it cos I struggled this week. Although I stuck to my points I felt I could very easily have been swayed. So since 6th January I'm down 1st 4.5lbs. I'm thrilled, next mini goal is 2.5lbs which will bring me to my 3rd silver 7. Hopefully I will do that in the next 2 weeks.

Best of luck everyone in yer weigh-ins xxx

Just weighed in in boots. Up 5 and a half! I've never gone up that much before! : O I knew I was bad. I didn't think I was that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Just weighed in in boots. Up 5 and a half! I've never gone up that much before! : O I knew I was bad. I didn't think I was that bad!

Dont worry about. Just put it behind u & start fresh tomor. Plan ur meals for the rest if the week & ul get it straight off, I bet u wouldn't even have been up that much on a ww scale...... Best of luck now

hi all. loving all the updates here since i last visited!

am on second week of simple start. i have not been counting exactly but i have been pretty tame and think i have about 5pp left from my weeklies. got a fair bit of walking in so far and have a little bit more planned before thursday. no running since last time - need to sort some new shoes,and stay off the concrete or i reckon i'll do some lasting damage. was feeling a lot of pain after last run.

am gonna use the left over points tomorrow for honey and cocoa for me pancakes..make them with spray oil, ooh and some cinnamon too! :-) (the egg and banana ones) maybe one square of choc melted over it or something. anyone know any ways to thin out chocolate to make it pouring consistency? could i melt it with skimmed milk, i wonder?
    I will eat a big breakfast and stay out of the shop to avoid a nutella binge. last thing i want!

was 13st 10lb at last weigh in. have no idea how wi on thursday will go. if over -1 in a loss it will be my third silver 7 since returning in november, so that would be nice. it will be my 4th silver seven all together though :-) would really love to be down more than 1 lb i must say - won't be the end of the world if not though.

my wi is on thursday, i would love to enssure it is a good loss this week but i have already gone 5 days without pointing my non filling and healthy foods. i think i have been doing good but ye know how it can be and ye just forget things!

gonna aim to get at least 3 more long walks in before thursday, to be very good with pancakes and not go over board in any way, and would also like to get a lot of water in.
    if i can get one decent stretching session in i'd be delighted - perhaps on wednesday night.

i am so sad but i am really looking forward to treating myself to one of the lidl profiterole desserts next week with a glass or two of wine. think will make some ww wrap 'doritos' too - try out some new spices, and make up a no points delicious salsa to go with. i will look forward to those and try to be very good in the meantime.

still no take outs. havent had a freddo or any kind of chocolate in a few weeks - except one caramel slice, and nothing other than 70% or 74% chocolate as treats.
    i feel great and stable. i have more energy. i look in the mirror and am getting happier with what im seeing every day.
    still lots of room for improvement but i am so delighted to be heading in the right direction.

thanks for sharing all yer posts everyone !

Hi weigh-in day today, I'm blown away cos I was down 2.5lbs. Can't believe it cos I struggled this week. Although I stuck to my points I felt I could very easily have been swayed. So since 6th January I'm down 1st 4.5lbs. I'm thrilled, next mini goal is 2.5lbs which will bring me to my 3rd silver 7. Hopefully I will do that in the next 2 weeks.

Best of luck everyone in yer weigh-ins xxx

that is a huge loss since Jan 6th!! :-O Has taken me about 2 months more to achieve the same. Well done!

• Advertisement

Oh for the love of God, my stomach is like a bloody bottomless pit!!!!!!!

Advertisement