Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

metime wrote: »
    that is a huge loss since Jan 6th!! :-O Has taken me about 2 months more to achieve the same. Well done!

Thanks me time., went back to pointing a few weeks ago, but still sticking to filling & healthy foods & most of our dinners are the recipes from the ss book. I suppose I'm averaging about 2.3lbs a week so its consistant at the moment. Long may it last I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Thanks me time., went back to pointing a few weeks ago, but still sticking to filling & healthy foods & most of our dinners are the recipes from the ss book. I suppose I'm averaging about 2.3lbs a week so its consistant at the moment. Long may it last I hope!

am going to have a good look in the ss book now inspired by your post. i would love my weight loss to be sped up a bit at this stage.
    i made the gravy yesterday for my roast chicken and quark mash - was lovely, nice to try something different and to look at my plate and know it was guilt free :-)
    i never made the ss ketchup though had intended to.
    have eaten dinner today but still hungry so going to make up something small now. i am trying to this week decipher when im ACTUALLY hungry or just feeding bad habits....... its hard!

do you have any other tips? if i could sustain a 2.3 lb loss per week i would be incredibly happy, i seem to waver between 1, 1.5, 2, the ocassional 2.5 and had a once off 4lb with pretty much a vegan and raw week with excercise.

am going to have a good look in the ss book now inspired by your post. i would love my weight loss to be sped up a bit at this stage.
    i made the gravy yesterday for my roast chicken and quark mash - was lovely, nice to try something different and to look at my plate and know it was guilt free :-)
    i never made the ss ketchup though had intended to.
    have eaten dinner today but still hungry so going to make up something small now. i am trying to this week decipher when im ACTUALLY hungry or just feeding bad habits....... its hard!

do you have any other tips? if i could sustain a 2.3 lb loss per week i would be incredibly happy, i seem to waver between 1, 1.5, 2, the ocassional 2.5 and had a once off 4lb with pretty much a vegan and raw week with excercise.

We cook our own chips now, peel potatoes cut them up, spread them out on a baking Sheet (so then they don't stick). I use low cal spray , & then use cajun spice. Delish.
    Any time we buy meat we make sure its got no fat.
    I've started buying extra Light Mayo, something I never bought before.
    We've totally stopped buying jars of sauces, we make up our own with passata.
    Thats all I can think of at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Oh for the love of God, my stomach is like a bloody bottomless pit!!!!!!!

A hint of where I went wrong this week. Id say it started with the whole tub of ben and jerrys ( 35 points ladies and gentlemen) and the share pack of giant buttons. It wasn't helped by the dinner out ( with chips and wine) the 3 slices of eggy bread and chocolate lots of chocolate. And then we move on to the weekend about 6 mini magnums and lots of bread a 2 big dinners and another bar of chocolate and a 2 course Chinese. Today I had 3 wispa golds. And that's when I thought it was time to check the damage.

We can get ourselves back on track! You don't want to ruin all your hard work. Or get the big clothes back out of the charity bag! I'm going back to 26 points tomorrow and going to start c25k before work! We can do this!

frozen banana broke up in a deep bowl
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    2 squares chopped up green and blacks 70% choc (10g)
    dash of skimmed milk
    blend

- put in the freezer for a little bit to freeze again

.....................omg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm definitely up this week, couldn't possibly be anything else. I'll get back on track in the next couple of days. My head is just not in the game AT ALL. :(

had not planned for that choc treat at all it just seemed to happen. gonna get out for a quick walk now.. would be very esy not to do it but am just gonna peel myself up and get out the door for even 10 minutes!

had not planned for that choc treat at all it just seemed to happen. gonna get out for a quick walk now.. would be very esy not to do it but am just gonna peel myself up and get out the door for even 10 minutes!

Didnt show on me phone what i posted last night. Turndd the peeling up into an hours power walk and was delighted with myself. I love crisp fresh night air, and it savdd me munchin on the couch for that hour too. I woke up early feeling great. Have tonights dinner prepper in advance, all F&H. Another two walks planned for today though shorter. Will have porridge now and bring my lunch out with me. Fruit snacks during day, popcorn manhattan bag if im stuck, and a bottle of water. Gonna have pancake later on, and will try pick up a flump (1pp) to melt on it. Will make choc banana chip ice cream for 3pp :-) think that keeps me on track!

keesa wrote: »
    A hint of where I went wrong this week. Id say it started with the whole tub of ben and jerrys ( 35 points ladies and gentlemen) and the share pack of giant buttons. It wasn't helped by the dinner out ( with chips and wine) the 3 slices of eggy bread and chocolate lots of chocolate. And then we move on to the weekend about 6 mini magnums and lots of bread a 2 big dinners and another bar of chocolate and a 2 course Chinese. Today I had 3 wispa golds. And that's when I thought it was time to check the damage.

We can get ourselves back on track! You don't want to ruin all your hard work. Or get the big clothes back out of the charity bag! I'm going back to 26 points tomorrow and going to start c25k before work! We can do this!

Sounds like u had a real dirty wknd! Lol did u enjoy it though? If ur anything like me the answer would be yes! & then when it's over id be raging! Anyway u haven't gotten to goal eating things like that & sometimes life just gets in the way. Put it behind u Hun & ul be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Weighed in up a pound this week, first time thats happened since I started! not going to sweat it though cos I know I ate a lot more bread and potatoes than I normally would, so just going to cut back on those again and push myself harder in training. Fingers crossed next week will be better!

• Advertisement

Quick question, anybody have any idea of roughly how many points would be in an average homemade pancake or is that like asking how long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Just back from WI and lost 5 pounds :D Absolutely chuffed. I followed the SS plan for week one. I want to move to PP this week and i received my books and stuff in class, only thing is that my leader never told me what my daily allowance is. Has anybody any ideas how i work this out? Thanks :)

Quick question, anybody have any idea of roughly how many points would be in an average homemade pancake or is that like asking how long is a piece of string?

My leader just said in class today that the average homemade one made on water/skimmed milk is about 2PP. There is a receipe on the ww website too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

For the people who are using quark would you mind posting where you are buying it. I have tried both Te$co and ald! and I can't find it in either.

confused, hungry and tired right now. i had my pre prepared dinner for lunch. and my lunch for breakfast. could go tits up from here if i let it, but desperately do not want it to. this is the first energy dip like this i've felt in ages. i need to get myself in order. pray for me :( i'm going into the kitchen now, and i may not return..

shhling wrote: »
    For the people who are using quark would you mind posting where you are buying it. I have tried both Te$co and ald! and I can't find it in either.

You can get it in Dunnes. I can never find it in Tesco, Lidl or Aldi either.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Just back from WI and lost 5 pounds :D Absolutely chuffed. I followed the SS plan for week one. I want to move to PP this week and i received my books and stuff in class, only thing is that my leader never told me what my daily allowance is. Has anybody any ideas how i work this out? Thanks :)

Fair play to you! Did you get the little calculator thing? Thats how I got mine, when that broke I started googling propoints calculator and eventually found a site that did it

Boop22 wrote: »

For week 2 it's ss with no treats and 49 points.

Starving now and hardly any points left for dinner. Went up and down the stairs today instead of taking the lift. How many activity points would you say are in 20 floors?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

WI today, up half a pound and she couldn't blame the exercise this week!!! I'm lucky to have a great leader so she sat with me and went through everything I had eaten since last week (I track every morsel) and it turns out I am overeating fruit. Fruit is free as long as you stay within the five a day but I could go waaaaaay above that...from pineapple & melon first thing in the morning, banana and blueberries in my porridge, an apple and pear mid morning, grapes and cherries and an array of other bits throughout the day and constanly chopping lemons for my water, I'm OD-ing on fructose.

Now I have to track fruit separately and report back next week :confused:

Ah well...onwards and downwards! Good luck everyone! :)

Fair play to you! Did you get the little calculator thing? Thats how I got mine, when that broke I started googling propoints calculator and eventually found a site that did it

No I didn't get the calculator but will google that now, thanks :)
    For week 2 it's ss with no treats and 49 points.

I know you're supposed to stay with the SS for the 2nd week too but I have 2 nights out this weekend and find the SS a bit restricted so I want to go with the PP plan so i can work up some activity PP and save some dailies on Fri & Sat for the drinks I will be having that nite just in case i need more than my 49 weeklies:o

• Advertisement

dellzbellz wrote: »
    WI today, up half a pound and she couldn't blame the exercise this week!!! I'm lucky to have a great leader so she sat with me and went through everything I had eaten since last week (I track every morsel) and it turns out I am overeating fruit. Fruit is free as long as you stay within the five a day but I could go waaaaaay above that...from pineapple & melon first thing in the morning, banana and blueberries in my porridge, an apple and pear mid morning, grapes and cherries and an array of other bits throughout the day and constanly chopping lemons for my water, I'm OD-ing on fructose.

Now I have to track fruit separately and report back next week :confused:

Ah well...onwards and downwards! Good luck everyone! :)

your leader sounds amazing!! the one i have been to the last few weeks would hardly look at ye she's so busy!

just had about 2 tbsps of peanut butter with 2 squares of chopped choc, about 3 dates and a little squirt of honey. didn't even super want it i was just going mad for something sweet. that isn't really THAT bad in the bigger picture and at least its better than really highly processed sweets, and it's not like i ate a tonne of it - but still... when i think of first week of ss and that each of those things alone is 1 treat that starts to make me feel a bit bad.... didn't get out for my walks today feeling bad about that.

maybe this is mental but i am blaming the can of diet coke and the fake chocolate ice cream i had last night. i was doing so well but then my body got a reminder of the sugar.. that's how i'm looking at it anyway!!

damnit i was doing so well. im craving all sorts of things now and i feel like i'm not going to be satiated until i have a take out?? what's the deal with that? im doing more damage imagining i've done lots of damage, when i nfact i probably havent and am just letting it get worse and worse throughout the day.

i am absolutely. most. definitely. tracking, for the whole week next week.
    regardless of what i'm eating.

i thought i learned this lesson before. gragggh! :rolleyes:

Day 1 c25k done. I'm wrecked! But fingers crossed I'll be able to undo some of the damage for the next wi!

Day 1 c25k done. I'm wrecked! But fingers crossed I'll be able to undo some of the damage for the next wi!
    YAAAAAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Pancakes. Yum.

Just have to draw a line under this disastrous week and start again.

Might go back and start c25k again.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I went to my WI last night – haven’t gone in 3 weeks & delighted to report that I was down 2lb.

Came home and ate enough pancakes with nutella to sink a ship!!! Back on track now today. Think I’m going to give up sweets for lent, I’m really bad for chocolate & a cuppa as a treat every night.

I ordered a skinny cappuccino On the way to work today but I'm pretty certain it was full fat. Any ideas on points? No chocolate or sugar just coffee and milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

+ 3lbs at wi yesterday - I knew the way the week went it was going to be bad news so I figured it was a matter of weighing in, draw a line under it and move on! :)Onwards and downwards!! :)
    I'm still on antibiotics and don't have the energy to start week 9 of c25k so I'm going to give myself a break (exercise wise only I might add) and relax and take life a little easier for the next few days.
    I am also going to track religiously!!! And get my act together with planning meals - the last few weeks has been a real case of last minute searching through the presses/freezer and throwing something together.
    Is anyone giving something up for lent? While waiting for the meeting to start yesterday eve I was chatting to a few other members and some are giving up alcohol, and some chocolate etc. I haven't given anything up since I was a child. It got me to thinking...am I so afraid of being deprived of something for a few weeks? So I gave myself a mental kick up the ass and went home and convinced my husband that we are going to ALL give up chocolates, sweets and biscuits for lent!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Ok.. so after a disastrous month of just just not really trying.. I had put on 5lbs. But I'm down 3 of those this week! :)
    All in all I'm still 31lbs down since October so I'm still happy with my progress. Onwards and downwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

I ordered a skinny cappuccino On the way to work today but I'm pretty certain it was full fat. Any ideas on points? No chocolate or sugar just coffee and milk.

It depends on the size keesa - the skinny is usually around 3pp for the take out size in Costa, whole milk cappuchino is around 5pp. Found an interesting graph on Her.ie last night and shared it with my WW group as we were discussing coffee shops at yesterday's meeting. Thank God I'm allergic to milk!!!

Here's the link, hope it's okay to post mods?

http://www.her.ie/health/green-tea-latte-has-the-same-amount-of-calories-as-mcdonalds-fries-these-infographics-tell-us-exactly-what-were-drinking-in-our-coffee/

Advertisement