Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all,

I've a girl's night planned this Friday which will consist of drinks and a Chinese. Can anyone tell me what the best low point options are in the Chinese?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Thanks! I went for 5 and avoided my afternoon snack. Stuck to the stairs again(I work on the 4th floor) I hope I'll manage tomorrow though. I'm running an event with fresh doughnuts there!

For Chinese don't get a starter. Avoid the prawn crackers. Go for lean meat no batter and not "crispy". Boiled not fried rice. And be sauce smart!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've a girl's night planned this Friday which will consist of drinks and a Chinese. Can anyone tell me what the best low point options are in the Chinese?

Hi Boop22, Beef or Chicken Chow Mein are quite light, stay away from the curry or nut sauces or anything with batter.
    keesa wrote: »
    Thanks! I went for 5 and avoided my afternoon snack. Stuck to the stairs again(I work on the 4th floor) I hope I'll manage tomorrow though. I'm running an event with fresh doughnuts there!

Hi Keesa, Keep strong tomorrow:) Doughnuts are my weakness:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

After the horrendous week I had I'm delighted to be up only 1.5lbs! I think I'm back in the right frame of mind now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

So after my first wk of SS I was down 4lbs, I was delighted as I had 2 heavy nights out at the wkend which involved a lot of drink but I avoided the chipper afterwards and the hangover food the next day so I reckon that helped loads. Down a total of 12lbs since January and really beginning to notice it in my clothes and determined to keep going :D Really liking the filling & healthy plan. Have no nights out planned for this wkend so hoping for a good wk and a good loss next wk again :) I love this forum for all the advice too! Can't beat it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

bb86 wrote: »
    So after my first wk of SS I was down 4lbs, I was delighted as I had 2 heavy nights out at the wkend which involved a lot of drink but I avoided the chipper afterwards and the hangover food the next day so I reckon that helped loads. Down a total of 12lbs since January and really beginning to notice it in my clothes and determined to keep going :D Really liking the filling & healthy plan. Have no nights out planned for this wkend so hoping for a good wk and a good loss next wk again :) I love this forum for all the advice too! Can't beat it!!

If you can avoid the chipper at 2am I strongly believe and have proven on the scales that you can have a loss after a big night out (or 2)!!! It's really hard but you also feel so much better the following day without the takeaway sitting in your gut!

Hey all, I am just back from my weigh in and was a half pound down. I am 10st 13.5 pounds now and am delighted with myself as I have got into the next stone and I haven't seen that weight in years. Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I have a question if anyone can help that would be great. On Saturday I want to make a nice brunch for me and other half, so planning the usual - mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, mixed seeds slimbos. Considering the Superquinn sausages as a treat - does anyone know how many pp are in 1 of these? Or any other alternative suggestions that aren't as bad but still as tasty? Also any recommendations on low pp hashbrowns? thanks in advance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I have a question if anyone can help that would be great. On Saturday I want to make a nice brunch for me and other half, so planning the usual - mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, mixed seeds slimbos. Considering the Superquinn sausages as a treat - does anyone know how many pp are in 1 of these? Or any other alternative suggestions that aren't as bad but still as tasty? Also any recommendations on low pp hashbrowns? thanks in advance! :)

I don't know the full fat propoints but you can get low fat superquinn sausages tht taste just the same and are 2pp each!

Also hodgins low ft sausages are only 1pp each and my boyfriend says he wouldn't know the difference between them and full fat ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

down 2.2 lbs :D
    having a few treats tonight, and then am going to repeat the simple start week 2 from tomorrow morning, and ACTUALLY track and stick to it.
    that's the plan anyway!

• Advertisement

ps was mentioned at meeting that you can use extra light philadelphia instead of quark if you need to! whole tub is 5pp!

I gave into the doughnuts and then some. I'm weighing in early tomorrow and I was dreading it but now I'm looking forward to Just writing a line under it and making my way back to goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I decided to stop into the chemist this morning just to get an idea of where I am (I weigh myself on their scales and get a little print-out). Have been sick for nearly three weeks now, getting better but was really uncertain of how I'd been doing. Have definitely eaten a lot of crap in the last three or four days so I wanted to kind of call a halt to that. Unusually for me when sick though, the first week I was sick I had a fever nearly the whole time and really little appetite. Second week was only marginally better - fever was gone and just a cough was left but I just didn't really feel like anything. Ate lots of bread and cheese, toast and jam and that kind of thing. Then this week I've had several very large bags of crisps. And chocolate. As well as not making lunch once this week and eating out every day (full range, from pasta with salmon and tomatoes (good) to pork steak topped with fried eggs and served with fried potatoes (not so much!)).
    Was thrilled to see that I was down. Except I wasn't exactly sure because I couldn't remember exactly what I was last time I weighed myself. I'm not even sure when the last time was I weighed myself - I think I may have gone in the first day I was sick, since it's close to the doctor. Will have to wait until I get home to check. But then I found my little slip of paper from when I weighed myself on 31 January and I'm 400g down since then. That's a bit less than a pound since the end of January but you know what? I am delighted. At that rate it might take me four years to lose what I need to lose but it's still a loss over what has been a somewhat difficult month and that's what's important.
    Onwards and downwards!

Down 3 by some miracle! That means only 1.5 til I'm back at goal. Its my mums birthday this weekend so that means cake and goodies but I think I'll manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

metime wrote: »
    down 2.2 lbs :D
    having a few treats tonight, and then am going to repeat the simple start week 2 from tomorrow morning, and ACTUALLY track and stick to it.
    that's the plan anyway!

Well done me time enjoy the treats well deserved

ps was mentioned at meeting that you can use extra light philadelphia instead of quark if you need to! whole tub is 5pp!

That's interesting is it free on the as plan so ?

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well. goin out tomoro nite & im thinking about what im gonna drink, mite start with bud lite & then go on to vodkas & d. 7-ups I have 44 of my weeklies left so iv loads to play around with. Can't wait its my friends 30th & I haven't been out with my hubby since december (I have been out with the girls alrite though) so should be a good nite. Can anyone confirm the pro points for bud lite & vodka for me please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well. goin out tomoro nite & im thinking about what im gonna drink, mite start with bud lite & then go on to vodkas & d. 7-ups I have 44 of my weeklies left so iv loads to play around with. Can't wait its my friends 30th & I haven't been out with my hubby since december (I have been out with the girls alrite though) so should be a good nite. Can anyone confirm the pro points for bud lite & vodka for me please ?

A measure of vodka is 3, and as far as I know a bottle of bud light is 3 too, but that's only based on what I've heard from others so I'm open to correction!

hi, that sounds really lovely! lucky hubby :-D
    i'd say the best bet wit hash brown is making it yourself tbh. Alternatively green isle or similar probably do one - at least you could pro point it. The only hash browns im used to having are generally out and id be guessing as to what range they even come in at with PP! At least with a bag of them you could point and know what you're doing??

That's interesting is it free on the as plan so ?

that wasn't said exactly, but we WERE talking about ss, so i presume that that is what she meant. I could be wrong though.

If it is only 5pp for a whole tub of extra extra light, i imagine you couldn't do much damage with it even if ye tried. unless ye like snapped the actual tub and made plastic shards out of it and hurt yourself on them, wha!

• Advertisement

jubella wrote: »
    A measure of vodka is 3, and as far as I know a bottle of bud light is 3 too, but that's only based on what I've heard from others so I'm open to correction!

Thanks jubella x

that wasn't said exactly, but we WERE talking about ss, so i presume that that is what she meant. I could be wrong though.

If it is only 5pp for a whole tub of extra extra light, i imagine you couldn't do much damage with it even if ye tried. unless ye like snapped the actual tub and made plastic shards out of it and hurt yourself on them, wha!

Thank god I don't feel like doin that ! Maybe when I go back to work after maternity leave which is next month (boo hoo), il def want to hurt myself then :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Accidentally bought "normal" mayo today and worked out it's 350g fat per bottle (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Threw it out and am going to buy Hellman's Extra Light tomorrow..someone told me it's only 4PP for the bottle, is this right?

have been using my tracker for the first time in what feels like months! feels good.

hope ye are all gettin on well with it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Morning Weight Watching folk, I am right back on track this week with the diet and I am chuffed with the results! Weighed in this morning after a very good weekend, I am down 5 pounds this week so I am absolutely over the moon!

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs
    February 24th - 17st 1.6lbs
    March 3rd - 17st 2.8lbs
    March 10th - 16st 11.8lbs

I want to lose as much as possible over the next 4 weeks as on the 11th of April I go on my stag do so need to get as low as I can between then and now so any damage I do wont be so bad. And I will have 6 weeks left then when I come back to be in tip top shape for our wedding.

Chong wrote: »
    Morning Weight Watching folk, I am right back on track this week with the diet and I am chuffed with the results! Weighed in this morning after a very good weekend, I am down 5 pounds this week so I am absolutely over the moon!

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs
    February 24th - 17st 1.6lbs
    March 3rd - 17st 2.8lbs
    March 10th - 16st 11.8lbs

I want to lose as much as possible over the next 4 weeks as on the 11th of April I go on my stag do so need to get as low as I can between then and now so any damage I do wont be so bad. And I will have 6 weeks left then when I come back to be in tip top shape for our wedding.

Hi Chong, Thats a brilliant weight loss you are doing really well, I hope some of your motivation rubs off on me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thanks Honeygirl!

I am very regimented and determined :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Chong, any chance of sending some of your determination this way?

You're doing so well! :D

Hi had my weigh-in this morning, STS, at first I was disappointed cos I stuck to my pro points & saved my weeklies for my night out. But then I looked back over the last couple of weeks & realised I had lost more some weeks than I'd deserved. So I'm happy enough with that. Good luck to everyone xxx

• Advertisement

Chong, any chance of sending some of your determination this way?

You're doing so well! :D

Well if he does send some of his motivation please share it with me:D

Advertisement