Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hi had my weigh-in this morning, STS, at first I was disappointed cos I stuck to my pro points & saved my weeklies for my night out. But then I looked back over the last couple of weeks & realised I had lost more some weeks than I'd deserved. So I'm happy enough with that. Good luck to everyone xxx

Hi Daniels mummy, You are doing so well over the last few weeks:) Im hoping some of your motivation will rub off on me as I seem to be battling lately. Keep going:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I made the mistake (or was it a blessing?) of trying on some trousers I had in the wardrobe that used to fit me.
    They barely close now.

If I had no motivation this week, I have it in abundance now.
    I've written out my food for the week now and I'm feckin sticking to it.

C'MON NOW, JUST DO IT FFS (i'm talking to myself, not shouting at you lot)
    That bar of chocolate, those crisps, that wine, those chips...they're not treats when I'm eating them every day!

I'm off out tomorrow to buy LOADS of salad and it WILL be eaten, you see if it's not! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Daniels mummy, You are doing so well over the last few weeks:) Im hoping some of your motivation will rub off on me as I seem to be battling lately. Keep going:)

Thanks honeygirl, just coming on here & reading these posts gives me some motivation. My birthday is next month & was in debenhams yest with my mum & I saw a leather jacket & I tried on size 20, but I would not buy if for myself cos it was a 20, so I chanced the 18 & it fitted!! My mom was like "Ill but it for ur birthday" I'm so happy cos when I brought it home my hubby told me I was sexy. Or he said it was sexy but I don't care anyway..... Happy out now with my leather jacket! So that will also keep me motivated

fussyonion wrote: »
    I made the mistake (or was it a blessing?) of trying on some trousers I had in the wardrobe that used to fit me.
    They barely close now.

If I had no motivation this week, I have it in abundance now.
    I've written out my food for the week now and I'm feckin sticking to it.

C'MON NOW, JUST DO IT FFS (i'm talking to myself, not shouting at you lot)
    That bar of chocolate, those crisps, that wine, those chips...they're not treats when I'm eating them every day!

I'm off out tomorrow to buy LOADS of salad and it WILL be eaten, you see if it's not! :o

Keep shouting! I need to be shouted at because I seem to be on a mission to destruct at the moment but I'm fighting it. Off now for a run and then will take the cue from you and go get salads. I'm like hungers mother lately and when I go off the wagon it's done in style:D

Thanks honeygirl, just coming on here & reading these posts gives me some motivation. My birthday is next month & was in debenhams yest with my mum & I saw a leather jacket & I tried on size 20, but I would not buy if for myself cos it was a 20, so I chanced the 18 & it fitted!! My mom was like "Ill but it for ur birthday" I'm so happy cos when I brought it home my hubby told me I was sexy. Or he said it was sexy but I don't care anyway..... Happy out now with my leather jacket! So that will also keep me motivated

It's brilliant when that happens isn't it? and it was you that made the jacket look good so it was you who was sexy. I have seven weeks to my daughters communion and I'm sure we can all do great damage to this weight in that time:) and before you know it you will be getting that jacket taken in:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Is anyone else having trouble with Simple Start?
    I returned to WW a few weeks ago, and it was explained really well by my leader. People in the class are raving about it!
    I'm getting no where though.
    I'm definitely not going mad with portions cos I still have a points mentality.

I'm using a smaller plate so I don't overdo it.
    I'm not eating til bursting or uncomfortalbe, in fact I find that I'd have some fruit (berries) and low fat natural yogurt mid evening as I'm getting peckish.
    I think my digestive system has ground to a halt (sorry) despite drinking LOADS of water.
    I just feel miserable and bloated, and in 3 weeks I've only lost a half pound :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

honeygirl wrote: »
    Keep shouting! I need to be shouted at because I seem to be on a mission to destruct at the moment but I'm fighting it. Off now for a run and then will take the cue from you and go get salads. I'm like hungers mother lately and when I go off the wagon it's done in style:D

You and me both! I was doing great til Friday eve when my son got sick again (has anyone else noticed there's a ridiculous amount of ear & throat infections going around this year!) and cue a weekend of sleepless nights and eating all around me, and all the wrong things of course!! It was just ridiculous!!! I seem to blame lack of sleep for everything - but I find it almost impossible to control my eating when I'm tired. Anyway, wi this eve and I'm still hoping for a 1lb loss. (I was -3lbs on the scales last saturday morning so that gives an idea of the damage done!!)
    Good luck to everyone else in their WIs this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Lads, I am STARVING today!!! I'm up since 5:30 so think I've consumed my daily allowance already!!! :eek: What is with random hungry days? Last week I had one and while I was waiting for dinner to cook I munched a banana and half a big of popcorn! Have my WI today and though I was very good all weekend, I've eaten loads this morning. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

All I want today is treats! It's only Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hi all, I've been on and off this thread the last few yrs but I rejoined WW in January and am doing really well this time around. Got my first stone last night so was over the moon. Still a long way to go but my leader motivated me by saying if I was to continue losing a stone every 2 months I'd be down 6 stone in a year and that wouldn't be too far off my goal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Hi all.
    Am having a really really rough, ****ty week. Ive just let it all go tits up. The running has stopped, i've had three take outs, some other sweets and some coco pops and things. I feel awful. Wi is on Thursday. Not feeling confident i can turn it around, have no motivation to even think about eating well as silly as it sounds and am just feeling very down about it. :-(

I also thought i was doing really well but see now that my loss is very slow and i am just feeling pants about it all. I am annoyed about it as i want to do really well and lose loads of weight but it feels like its far more than bad eating patterns and food choices that need to go, and am struggling to stay positive.

dellzbellz wrote: »
    WI today, up half a pound and she couldn't blame the exercise this week!!! I'm lucky to have a great leader so she sat with me and went through everything I had eaten since last week (I track every morsel) and it turns out I am overeating fruit. Fruit is free as long as you stay within the five a day but I could go waaaaaay above that...from pineapple & melon first thing in the morning, banana and blueberries in my porridge, an apple and pear mid morning, grapes and cherries and an array of other bits throughout the day and constanly chopping lemons for my water, I'm OD-ing on fructose.

Now I have to track fruit separately and report back next week :confused:

Ah well...onwards and downwards! Good luck everyone! :)

Well, as advised by my leader, I eased off on the fruit and down 1.5lb today. Delighted and shocked at the amount of fruit sugar I must've been consuming.

Best of luck with all the WIs :)

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Lads, I am STARVING today!!! I'm up since 5:30 so think I've consumed my daily allowance already!!! :eek: What is with random hungry days? Last week I had one and while I was waiting for dinner to cook I munched a banana and half a big of popcorn! Have my WI today and though I was very good all weekend, I've eaten loads this morning. Fingers crossed!

I'm starving too. Funny that! And I'm goin out for a meal tonight so I was trying to be good for the day

Hi all, I've been on and off this thread the last few yrs but I rejoined WW in January and am doing really well this time around. Got my first stone last night so was over the moon. Still a long way to go but my leader motivated me by saying if I was to continue losing a stone every 2 months I'd be down 6 stone in a year and that wouldn't be too far off my goal!!

Welcome ! 6 stone would be amazing I need to loose about as much as that to ever get to goal! I like to set myself small goals like every half stone, getting into the next stone bracket, 5%, 10%, or reaching a weight that I was before. This helps me anyway. Best of luck!

metime wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Am having a really really rough, ****ty week. Ive just let it all go tits up. The running has stopped, i've had three take outs, some other sweets and some coco pops and things. I feel awful. Wi is on Thursday. Not feeling confident i can turn it around, have no motivation to even think about eating well as silly as it sounds and am just feeling very down about it. :-(

I also thought i was doing really well but see now that my loss is very slow and i am just feeling pants about it all. I am annoyed about it as i want to do really well and lose loads of weight but it feels like its far more than bad eating patterns and food choices that need to go, and am struggling to stay positive.

Hi metime, at least u know it's wrong but everyone has a bad week & i know it's very frustrating. If u start now u could minimize the damage done & u will feel so good that u were able to knock it on the head

Hi metime, at least u know it's wrong but everyone has a bad week & i know it's very frustrating. If u start now u could minimize the damage done & u will feel so good that u were able to knock it on the head

Thank you. You are right.
    Sort it out metime !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Lost half a pound this week, after putting a pound on last week I feel like I havent achieved anything this week. Need to get serious again, discipline has not been as good as it should have been the last two weeks, aiming for at least 1.5lbs loss this week!

Hi all.

I'll tell you a secret. There is a bit of room when it comes to your points. You can still lose when you're over. But it will be slower and there is a limit. Your weight loss will slow as you lose. Your body uses less energy to keep you going as you get lighter- and this is a good thing!

You're so (annoyingly sometimes) positive and determined that you've pulled me off the brink sometimes. Take your bad week as a break from the plan and make sure you bounce back on track tomorrow. Even a pound a week is 52lbs a year! Don't be too hard on yourself

The Magpie wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with Simple Start?
    I returned to WW a few weeks ago, and it was explained really well by my leader. People in the class are raving about it!
    I'm getting no where though.
    I'm definitely not going mad with portions cos I still have a points mentality.

I'm using a smaller plate so I don't overdo it.
    I'm not eating til bursting or uncomfortalbe, in fact I find that I'd have some fruit (berries) and low fat natural yogurt mid evening as I'm getting peckish.
    I think my digestive system has ground to a halt (sorry) despite drinking LOADS of water.
    I just feel miserable and bloated, and in 3 weeks I've only lost a half pound :(

Hi Magpie, I found that the simple start didn't work for me because I couldn't control my portions (god blessed me with a bottomless pit and I don't get full:D). I am back on the points and my weight loss has slowed down I only seem able to lose it at about a half pound a week. As far as the digestive system is concerned I was having trouble too and was told to eat mainly cooked veg and fruit as it was easier for the body to digest and I was told to take good bacteria aswell. Hope this helps

Hi all.

Hi Metime, Sorry to hear that you are having such a bad week but you have done so well and you will pull it back:). Even if you are a pound or two up this week its not that bad, think about how far you have come and all the weight you have lost:). Most weight is slow to go on so sometimes even tho it can piss you off it can be slow to come off, but slow and steady is better as it will stay off. I have been sick on and off for the past six weeks and I have fallen off the wagon big style so many times in that time so I know how you feel. But each time I get really down I give myself a talk and think about all I have done. Hope you feel better soon.xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Was fine up until last night. Loads of exercise and tracked everything. Gone off the rails a teeny bit. WI tomorrow and I'm nervous. :o

Today I sat out the back garden, having a cuppa with a friend, the sun shining and there was real warmth to it.

I thought to myself "This feels lovely"...then I looked down at my thighs and my belly and I thought "Summer's here soon..it'll be lovely to be in light clothes that don't dig in, don't pinch and don't make me feel self-conscious".

So with that fresh motivation in mind (not that I needed more as I was already buoyed up), I say best of luck to everyone on their own journeys and here's to summer!

Here's to bare legs and bare arms and here's to the confidence we're all going to have when we get that little bit lighter :)

Thanks for the kind words i appreciate that a lot a lot a lot. Got out for a long walk there about 9km and let off some steam big time. Wasn't going to go then just said **** it and did. Feeling a bit more positive about it again though still not feeling revved up not by a long shot.

Am within points today just about and got the walk in- very very very relieved. Lots of changes for me in next week or two so not sure how am going to manage meetings and wi's but regardless; i need ti start working out again and buy and eat less food.

Thanks again all.

Run like you've never run before, metime.

Nobody ever regrets exercise, as my WW leader once said, but you can always regret NOT doing it.

I've just had a bowl of fruit and yogurt, feeling very virtuous, but I'm off out for dinner later and hoping there's something waist-line friendly on the menu!

I'm so sick of porridge! What do you have for breakfast? I don't like yogurt and I need something filling!

keesa wrote: »
    I'm so sick of porridge! What do you have for breakfast? I don't like yogurt and I need something filling!

A boiled egg and toast is nice. Or Weetabix. Or Shredded Wheat with summer berries. Or omelette.Or pancakes!
    Chop a really ripe banana and toss it in a blender with two eggs and blend.
    Pour this in a pan and cook..viola! Pancakes!

Hey gang, any of you use xylitol? I've been using Splenda for yonks and recently a nutritionist said it still contains aspartame so shouldn't use it every day. I tried to quit Splenda for lent but tea tastes kak without it! I believe xylitol still comes in at zero propoints as it's carb-free? Would appreciate any info! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

Can anyone recommend which wraps to use and how many pp in them? I'm presuming the smaller the wrap the better but if anyone can recommend good healthy ones i'd love to try them. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

keesa wrote: »

I find that Wheatabix is quite filling. I usually have 2 with some skimmed milk topped with blueberries, banana and 15g of honey.

@ bb86 - The WW ones are nice I think. :)

• Advertisement

Spray oil, rasher medallions, egg, spinach and courgette for brek this morn.
    Usually shredded wheat with skimmed milk, a slice of toast with peanut butter, a smoothie or porridge - or any combination of those depending on the day.

As for wraps I found the tesco light ones nice though i must say they look bleached and somewhat un-nutritious. They were well handy in the freezer and got me out of a few potential lunch and dinner crisees, so maybe i am biased based on that. Cant remember the points, 2 i thjnk?

Leader recommended the discovery brand fajita wraps as i think i recall her saying they are wholewheat and also very big, giving you a lot of wrap for your points.
    If i remember corrdetly one is three points. Double check that though if you are to go ahead as i sm not positive about that.

Advertisement