Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Magpie, I found that the simple start didn't work for me because I couldn't control my portions (god blessed me with a bottomless pit and I don't get full:D). I am back on the points and my weight loss has slowed down I only seem able to lose it at about a half pound a week. As far as the digestive system is concerned I was having trouble too and was told to eat mainly cooked veg and fruit as it was easier for the body to digest and I was told to take good bacteria aswell. Hope this helps

Just a note on the good bacteria, have heard amazing things about Old MacDonnels brand yoghurt. Theres live cultures in it and no added sugar. Good for the gut apparently and also so they told me, good for folks who take a lot of medication to help restore tummy balance that csn be thrown off with chemicals. Perhaps worth looking up the active ingredients to see more, if anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

bb86 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend which wraps to use and how many pp in them? I'm presuming the smaller the wrap the better but if anyone can recommend good healthy ones i'd love to try them. Thanks :)

Discovery wraps are great for 3pp - and I concur with metime, its great to have a pack in the freezer. Once I open a pack I tend to freeze the rest as I've found they go off very quickly once the pack is open. (But you can keep them in the fridge too and get a few days more out of them)

While I mention freezing things, I've found a pack of slimbos are a gift to have in the freezer. Very handy for back-up for lunches and also wonderful toasted as a burger bun. :)

-2lbs at WI! :)

Its nice to know I'm not the only one having a bad couple of weeks. Its hard to pick yourself up when you've had a knock but its worth doing. When you pick yourself back up again, you keep going. If you don't, you've essentially given up and not just on losing weight but on yourself - so you put the weight back on and feel miserable. And I, for one, am NOT going back down that road again.

My goal is very simple, 1lb a week. Slow and Steady. We can do this people!!! :)

Here's to a good week and good weather *fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Pre-WI nerves are kicking in now! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Was fine up until last night. Loads of exercise and tracked everything. Gone off the rails a teeny bit. WI tomorrow and I'm nervous. :o
    Pre-WI nerves are kicking in now! :o

You have been good most of the week so you will be fine:) Good luck with the weigh in:)

• Advertisement

Up half a pound. Beginning to get a bit fed up I have to say. Been yoyoing for a good three to four months now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Fell off the wagon today and last night. Buy a pack of fun size crunchies Keesa, you can have one when you've a chocolate craving. . . I went home and had about 10!

WI on Saturday I'd feel terrible being up after getting to goal last time I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

JudyD wrote: »
    While I mention freezing things, I've found a pack of slimbos are a gift to have in the freezer. Very handy for back-up for lunches and also wonderful toasted as a burger bun. :)

Hi Judy, how many pp in slimbos?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Hi all, i'm looking for advice/info please, I've been at goal weight for sometime now, well within 5lbs of goal & weigh in every so often. When I read here about the Simple Start I thought its exactly what I need as I need a change from pointing so off I went to my meeting, explained how I liked the idea of F&H & asked if I could get info, leader asked I come back the following week, well I did & she handed me a crappy photocopy of the list of foods nothing else no booklets & no explanation of what to when i asked why its because i'm not paying weekly, even though I spent the bones of €600 getting to goal - raging !!

Anyway I'm just wondering if for example I had shredded wheat for breakfast with skimmed milk can I have say 2 crumpets mid morning if hungry? I dont want to go back to my leader next week as I know she wont help me, I was never happy with her but I'm defo not happy now.

God I can go on but would appreciate an answer please & thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

evadiva wrote: »
    Hi all, i'm looking for advice/info please, I've been at goal weight for sometime now, well within 5lbs of goal & weigh in every so often. When I read here about the Simple Start I thought its exactly what I need as I need a change from pointing so off I went to my meeting, explained how I liked the idea of F&H & asked if I could get info, leader asked I come back the following week, well I did & she handed me a crappy photocopy of the list of foods nothing else no booklets & no explanation of what to when i asked why its because i'm not paying weekly, even though I spent the bones of €600 getting to goal - raging !!

Anyway I'm just wondering if for example I had shredded wheat for breakfast with skimmed milk can I have say 2 crumpets mid morning if hungry? I dont want to go back to my leader next week as I know she wont help me, I was never happy with her but I'm defo not happy now.

Any good decent leader would give u that book.... Maybe try another class?
    Shredded wheat & skimmed milk is on the list & so are crumpets..
    Careful with the sunblest ones, something about the giant ones not being on the list. I'd be ringing head office about that, who does she think she is!

• Advertisement

Up half a pound. Beginning to get a bit fed up I have to say. Been yoyoing for a good three to four months now. :(

Just keep it up you will get there! The last few pounds are always a bitch to get off and it takes forever. Just think how well you have done so far and how good you look. Don't lose faith it will happen:)

Boop22 wrote: »

Hi Boop, The yellow colour pack of plain slimbos are 2 pro points each, the green pack with the sesame seeds are 3 pro points and the orange pack with the multi seeds are 4 as far as I know.

evadiva wrote: »

Thats terrible I think I would ring the weight watchers head office about that and tell them you want them to send you the book. Any leader worth their salt would give you the list, my leader gave everyone the proper book whether they were gold member or not.

Scrambled egg on soda bread for brekkie today. For 7 points I think. Tea and fruit too.

I would either call ww or go to a different meeting. As a gold member You get all of the same benefits as a paying member!

I've seen my leader give out the blue folder again to people who've lost it. No reason at all you cant see the new plan

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I know I too am starting to get fed up...I think it's because in January I was so eager and the weight was coming off good, then in February it started to slow down, then March arrives, I'm eating the same food since January & I'm dreaming of the bank holiday - it's been a long time since xmas!!!

I'm taking this weekend off, I'm going away, I'm not going to think of a PP or WW. I'm going to do whatever I want to do, then when I come back on Tuesday I'll refocus, start again & work my ass off until Easter!!!! That's the plan anyway!!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Just caught up on some of the more recent posts, I am trying to get back into the zone, I was within 3lbs of the goal I had set myself in Jan (I even managed to lose a bit over Xmas) and bang here I am in March with 10lbs to lose- aaggghh why do I do it to myself?!!

Going to try make some decent food choices over the long weekend and then I'm rejoining a meeting next week, I have a wedding in July so I feel I have enough time if I start now to get to, and more importantly stay, at my goal!!

Here's hoping anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Welcome back intouch! :) Losing 10lbs by July is totally do-able, you can definitely manage that! Having something like a wedding or a holiday to aim for can really focus you. I'm hoping to be confident enough to whip out the shorts this summer. I sweltered in the heat last summer... and I don't want to suffer again because of my insecurities. Definitely not.

I have my WI tonight and I'm 2lbs away from 3 stone lost and 7lbs away from my assigned goal weight. Not looking forward to going though because it's my TOTM and I'm always up by 1 or 2lbs despite being good all week! Grrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Natmus wrote: »
    I know I too am starting to get fed up...I think it's because in January I was so eager and the weight was coming off good, then in February it started to slow down, then March arrives, I'm eating the same food since January & I'm dreaming of the bank holiday - it's been a long time since xmas!!!

I'm taking this weekend off, I'm going away, I'm not going to think of a PP or WW. I'm going to do whatever I want to do, then when I come back on Tuesday I'll refocus, start again & work my ass off until Easter!!!! That's the plan anyway!!!

Enjoy the weekend everyone:D

Know that feeling! once I stopped losing an average of 2 pounds a week, and the weight loss slowed down, I lost a lot of discipline, yoyoed the last two weeks so gave myself a kick in the arse and am confident of a good weigh in on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SunnieT

hello folks

just checking in, I have had a really busy and stressful few weeks and as usual the first thing I do is turn to food :mad: I was feeling great in myself but now Im just feeling bloated and crappy (TMI alert but having periods every 2 weeks isn't helping:( )

On the bright side I have been offered a new job which I am absolutely thrilled about, better location, less hours, more holidays and decent money :) Because I am going to be home so much earlier in the evenings it means I will have time to start exercising properly and I just think its the opportunity to start fresh and develop new habits. There is a WW meeting at lunchtime near where my new office is so I am going to join that in a few weeks when I start, the online thing isn't working for me, I need the discipline and support of meetings!!

I don't even know how much weight I have put back on as the battery in my scales is dead (thank god ha!!) But I am going to sit down this weekend, write out my menu plan for the next couple of weeks and do a big shop. Once Im prepared then that's half the battle

Wish me luck!!!

Hey all, I just had my weigh in and I stayed the same, the weight might be slow to come off but at least I haven't gone up and it is my totm:) Am a bit disappointed but it has spurred me on and I will work twice as hard to get a loss next week even if I have to drag it off:D

Good luck to everyone who has a weigh in to come and congrats to everyone on their losses.

Onwards and Downwards:) We can do this!

• Advertisement

Disaster of a week! and it shows on the scales! So from tomorrow, I'm giving up chocolate- I've seriously been binging on it! 16 points today alone! :O I'm making a meal plan for the next week, and I'm going to stick to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Having a bad week. Went for my meal on Tuesday nite & since then I'm hungry & craving sugar. Iv been very bold :( I counted all my points & I'm gone 17 over my weeklies. And I'm goin away for the wknd!!!! I must try & be very good today. Maybe il try a filling & healthy day. Iv had porridge & a banana for brekkie so I coul just carry on. Fingers crossed I can make good choices at the wknd . Good luck everyone & have a lovely bank hol

Hi all :-) Missed WI yesterday. Couldnt find the building! (Diff town). The downside is I now can't make one until next Wed, and will have to pay €5 to rejoin, and it also means that now i don't know what damage I did last week. Not getting worried about it- got a walk in, not long but something, and i didn't go on a mad one and shove loads of food in my face because i missed it and could "get away with it" (ridiculous but have done this a lot). Have to finish adding it up now but fairly positive am within points for the last 2 days, and today- so far so good.

I wonder what weight I am!!

Boop22 wrote: »

My leader said 3pp for one but 5pp for two - haven't actually pointed them myself. I'd better check the multiseed after honeygirls post! :eek:
    intouch44 wrote: »
    I have a wedding in July so I feel I have enough time if I start now to get to, and more importantly stay, at my goal!!

You and me both intouch - its about all that keeps me motivated these days! I will be looking fabulous for that wedding!!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Weekends are usually my downfall (lots of wine and food) but so far (and I know it's only Friday) I think I'm doing OK.

I'm a bit of a crisps fan but instead of buying McCoys or Walkers like I normally do, I was very good and bought Skips and Chickatees.
    I'm having two glasses of white wine and I'm enjoying it so much, and one bag of Skips.

I feel I'm treating myself but not going overboard, but I am really looking forward to Sunday morning because for the first time in a LONG time, I'm cooking a full Irish fry-up!

Well, I say "fry", but I always cook the sausages in the oven.
    We'll have sausages, grilled rasher with the fat cut off, grilled pudding, beans, mushrooms, poached egg, tomatoes and brown toast, orange juice and tea.
    Not too bad eh? Could be worse and sure it is Paddy's weekend!

I'm not going to feel too bad if I go mad but somehow I don't think I will go too mad.
    Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Batch loaf sausage sandwiches with real butter and hp sauce all pointed and within my allowance....enjoyed SO much!! :-) got two walks in today, some mild weight lifting and a short jog. Feeling good.

Have a pineapple and some blueberries im looking very much forward to tucking into 2m with some low fat natural glenisk yoghurt.

A tame Friday night by somes standards i think but enjoyed it. Looking forward to a busy day tomorrow with nice food, and some excercise.
    Cooking up a fake away tomorrow night chicken tikka masala, brown rice, steamed spinach and naan bread. Will be keeping it within my dailies by watching what im at the rest of the day, and will use the rest of my weeklies have a bottle of white.
    Looking forward to seeing how i fare next wednesday. Planning to stay on top of it. Want to get a yoga class in too as gave not been to one since losing this 21lb!

Anyway.
    Happy weekend all!

metime, that sausage sandwich sounds delicious and isn't it fab you had it and still pointed it and didn't feel guilty?
    I hope you enjoy your weekend and your treats :)

I complain about it being hard to lose these last few lbs and what do I do? Eat biscuits and crap no I now feel ten times worse.

I complain about it being hard to lose these last few lbs and what do I do? Eat biscuits and crap no I now feel ten times worse.

Don't spend time feeling bad. It's done now and you can't undo it.
    Maybe go for a walk tomorrow?

Even if you don't want to do any exercise, just try and eat a bit better tomorrow...but remember, we're all human and we all eat things we probably shouldn't, but once you don't fall off the wagon entirely, then just put it behind you and move on.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

True. You're right, tomorrow's a new day. I'll try my best for the next few days until WI. Hopefully I won't be up again. :o

Advertisement