Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

It's been so busy on here and so much amazing advice for keeping on track or getting back on track. Like most weight watchers I've joined so many times and always at some point or another fallen off track and never reached goal. This time feels different though. I dunno if it's because I'm older or what but I'm so determined. I have weeks where I fall off the wagon but I have a few before photos that throw me right back on. I don't care if it takes me another year to lose my last stone (though that would be very annoying) I'm not giving up this time. And when I get to gold in taking advantage of the free meetings and will keep going. There is no way I'll keep it off on my own!

I think the best thing is to always be honest with yourself. You know when you aren't being good so just draw a line under it and move on. Track everything, even the bites and the bold stuff. Don't deprive your self, fit your treats in with some good planning. And most of all keep reminding yourself at every mini goal, NSV and stone or 7 how well you are doing. Spurs you on to do better!!

In other news, I'm moving in with my boyfriend today. Def a workout all the packing and moving. Have deserved the bottle of bubbly his mum bought us and a takeaway cos there is no food in!! Haven't had time to eat since breakfast so have most of my dailies and weeklies left to use on it! Food shopping first thing tomorrow do I don't go completely off the rails! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

So it's nearly 8 and I've used up all my sins :-( going to try resist good during xfactor. Decided to join back yest n then met bf after I get my hair done ate choc cake. Then we met later that night I got batter sausage n chips from chipper wtf is wrong with me. I have a disgusting habit of always wanting junk food when I'm around him :-(

But I am proud of myself for today made soup it was delish just some veg, water n passata but have loads left for next few days. Even went for stroll with my toddler, she's only potty trained n doesn't like pram so only got half hr but its better then nothing. I'm loving my new app u just scan bar codes n it gives you point values very handy and quick to use. Can't afford to go to meetings so this is my group.

Hi group I'm louise and I'm addicted to good/bad/every type of food. Now can somebody pass me the stapler and I shut my mouth up for evening

Just realise I wrote sins instead of ppts I was ding skimming world during summer so have that in my head sorry if I confused people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

Well, things have been good since my WI on Wednesday night. Great to see the support and buzz on this thread.

Finding my feet again with this while tracking thing. 29 weeklies left and I'm keeping strictly to my 26 daily points.

I keep hoping I don't fall off this wagon!! In other news, it's not long until Christmas folks - what's your goal and how do you plan to reach it!? My plan....

- track (everything)
    - resist (failure)
    - fit (into my gorgeous Xmas dress)
    - cycle (daily)
    -plan (my food)
    - connect (to you guys daily )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Taz1 wrote: »
    ALDI have lovely Orange & Chocolate flavoured cereal type bars at just 2 points per bar or 3 points for 2 bars. Its 1.75 for a box of 6. I find them good to kick my chocolate craving, might have one at lunch and one in the evenings after dinner.

When i put the ni into my calculator its coming out at 1pp per bar?:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

How cold is it out there today. Not helping with earning activity points. I've a new post Banana, brazil nuts and chocolate chips in a muffin on www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.com I hope you all have a great Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

bobskii wrote: »
    When i put the ni into my calculator its coming out at 1pp per bar?:confused:

If you're calculating the nutritional info for 21g then make sure you're not putting the 21g in at the end just leave it blank, thats probably where you're getting that!

I've managed to stay good right up until today. I usually treat myself Friday or Saturday but decided I'm not gonna eat soemthin just for the sake of it. I've 2 days left in my week (today and tomorrow, WI tomorrow) and I've still got 49 weeklies under my belt and 10 activity points. That probably sounds a bit mad to most people and you'd be right, up until a while ago I'd use most of my weeklies and activities over the course of my week, but in a desperate attempt to shed this last pound I'm going to the extremes! I'll find out tomorrow anyway! THEN I shall treat myself (regardless of result ha)

Figured it out,its my phone app calculating it wrong!!!
    I rooted out my ww calculator out of my bag and its giving me 2pp,god know's what else ive been pp wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

So After 2 bad weeks I was determined to get back on track this week! So far so good! WI tomorrow and Im quite excited! Hoping for a good result. Ive exercised 4 times this week and tracked absolutely everything I've eaten! Fingers Crossed! Need to keep this up or else I'll continue as I was and get no where!

Figured it out,its my phone app calculating it wrong!!!
    I rooted out my ww calculator out of my bag and its giving me 2pp,god know's what else ive been pp wrong!!

What app do you have?

I've had another good day have 9 points left but a load of low fat munchies so going to enjoy them with xfactor. My bf coming over so hopefully I can say no to chipper or Chinese. Went on hour walk with my toddler earlier more like a stroll. Stop me picking at food and got us some fresh air so happy days.

It's great seeing everybody comments, I'm only on phone so hard to reply but enjoying seeing them all

bulmersgal wrote: »
    What app do you have?

I've had another good day have 9 points left but a load of low fat munchies so going to enjoy them with xfactor. My bf coming over so hopefully I can say no to chipper or Chinese. Went on hour walk with my toddler earlier more like a stroll. Stop me picking at food and got us some fresh air so happy days.

It's great seeing everybody comments, I'm only on phone so hard to reply but enjoying seeing them all

points plus diary,ive been usin it a year:eek:,although i do enough exercise to cover myself if ive been underpointing.Any decent apps for android that you know of?i thought that one was great until today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Oh deary deary me..
    This week was my first week back to WW after like 3 months.
    I found it VERY hard this week, SUCH a change! I doubt there'll be much of a difference on the scales this week but I am sure that I'm in the right frame of mind now!

Good luck with all the weigh ins =)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Oh deary deary me..
    This week was my first week back to WW after like 3 months.
    I found it VERY hard this week, SUCH a change! I doubt there'll be much of a difference on the scales this week but I am sure that I'm in the right frame of mind now!

Good luck with all the weigh ins =)

You'd be surprised, the change of diet could have shocked your body into a good loss! But exactly., the main thing is that you're back in the right frame of mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emer50

Which app did you get for the barcode? Haven't had any luck with any app I have downloaded so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Uh oh my week has been wiped away in the space of 24 hours :mad: Alcohol and very bad hangovers are not good for WW. I normally WI on Monday but because of a new job I start this week it'll have to be Wednesday for this week anyway. This is a saving grace because hopefully I can salvage a STS!

emer50 wrote: »
    Which app did you get for the barcode? Haven't had any luck with any app I have downloaded so far!

It's called ultimate value diary it was 2.xx in the App Store. Not sure if they have a android version or if it calculates points correctly. Only have it 3 days n finding it good, not all barcodes work but I think u input details n then other people can see. Not sure though I just imagine its how it works

points plus diary,ive been usin it a year:eek:,although i do enough exercise to cover myself if ive been underpointing.Any decent apps for android that you know of?i thought that one was great until today!!

Points plus is the US programme which is different from ours. You should be careful using apps as when I went to meetings the leader said there was no official app and some of the girls realised the app they were using was wrong. I'd especially be wary of barcode apps. This site is accurate http://mypoints.me/ and easily accessible on phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

Down 1 lb this week, have to say I am a bit dissappointed... I know I should be happy with any loss, but i was pretty good, stuck to my points, didn't use all weeklies, excercised 3 days...

anyhoo, back to tracking today, and loads of water, maybe that was it, I didn't drink as much water this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Had a disasterous weekend. I simply didn't give a dam to what I ate. Absolutely no self control. Sponge cakes, loads of bread, thai take away.
    Why on earth do I do this to myself and then get so upset and disheartened come WI?? I'm simply only fooling myself, I know it full well but can't get my head around it.
    I didn't exercise once since Friday and that's really shocking.
    ARGH.

Also, re pointing apps, some defo get the points wrong. Mine was calculating an M&S food 2 points short...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

ccseli wrote: »
    How cold is it out there today. Not helping with earning activity points. I've a new post Banana, brazil nuts and chocolate chips in a muffin on www.theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.com I hope you all have a great Sunday

Hi ccseil, brilliant blog spot thanks for sharing.
    Can I just ask where you get those spice burgers please??

Keep up the great work
    Kayleen

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Does anyone know a good leader in the kildare area, my leader went on maternity leave last week and am nervous of lady taking over> Anyone with any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Fresh week girls (and guys, if there's any around!). Fresh start. I will confess that after I declared myself back on the wagon on Friday, I was away for the weekend, so things were out of my control somewhat. Then I made some baaaad choices. But today, this is it. I've had my porridge, and my yogurt for break at work... My lunch is packed.
    I've come up with a motivational tool. I've a one for all voucher that I got for my bday, along with a bit of money. i was going to buy a new winter coat, but ive decided to do without for now. so I'm going to give the voucher and money to my bf. I will instruct him not to give it back to me until I get my next stone. It might take me all year, but I know he won't give in and give it back to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Oh why do we do what we do , did work out class Friday evening, got up Saturday went for 5k run, went to the fruit and veg shop, bought loads of fruit had a big fruit salad with yogurt, low point lunch round 3.00pm then around 7 sat down and proceeded to eat anything i could get my hands on and this then led into Sunday. Raging with myself cause i was up last week and i really didnt deserve it so i was going to be extra good this week so i would have a good loss at wi and NOW im here hoping for a sts. oh will we ever learn :( onwards and downwards (some chance!)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Points plus is the US programme which is different from ours. You should be careful using apps as when I went to meetings the leader said there was no official app and some of the girls realised the app they were using was wrong. I'd especially be wary of barcode apps. This site is accurate http://mypoints.me/ and easily accessible on phones.

Thanks for that,i'll just use my app for tracking and use my calculator until i find a reliable app to use!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

Hi everyone

Cliodhna26 - Welcome back to the club! Remember what Eabhabear said last week - imagine the end goal! Just think about popping on a smaller size dress or being able to run without doing your knees in (yes, that's another issue I have with my weight...my knees are positively groaning under my weight).

Eabhabear - Good luck with the new job and here's hoping the next weigh in is kind to you!

flowerpower12 - I kinda know what you mean...I've got an assignment to do for next week and only started it at the weekend. The stress had me munching through everything! I'm determined to get a handle on myself again today.....after a mood boosting lunch maybe..... <and the internal battle rages - salad or chips>

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

chicken and veg stew

Serves 4
    Ingredients:
    Knob low fat butter/tsp olive oil
    1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
    2 medium carrots, chopped
    1 small turnip, chopped (about 1 cup)
    1 medium onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 cup chicken stock
    1 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
    1 tsp thyme
    1 tsp oregano
    Freshly ground black pepper

I made this for lunch today ! Thanks a mil. It's delicious. I made it with left over roast chicken, tore up the meat and didn't use any skin.
    I didn't have anything with it, would be too much for lunch I think.

Thanks Eabhabear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hey everyone
    I haven't been to WW since June (lots of personal reasons meant I couldn't make a few meetings, which then snowballed til I kept putting the meetings off I know-no excuse, but things had been manic and of course I ended up eating stuff I shouldn't have so I guess at the back of my mind I kept putting it off), but I really feel ready to take back control again.

Actually got fed up eating so badly these past few months-my skin was starting to get bad and my clothes were starting to get tighter again and I thought "No, I'm not going back this way again..I've come so far to let a few months off ruin everything".

I've been reading some comments here about Christmas coming up and you're dead right-it'll be amazing to feel and look great in a sparkly dress or a pair of jeans, and I'm keeping Christmas as my motivation.
    I know I can do this; willpower and dedication is all it takes.

As I type, I've got a pot of food on for tonight's dinner; just something I made up, that's low in fat and I hope tastes good.
    It's a tin of tomatoes, garlic, onion, basil, oregano, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and a tin of mixed beans, which I'll serve with spicy home made chicken breasts and salad.
    Hope it's nice.

Anyway sorry for the long rant, your motivational comments are really inspiring and I'm glad to be back in the club.
    Best of luck this week.

I made this for lunch today ! Thanks a mil. It's delicious. I made it with left over roast chicken, tore up the meat and didn't use any skin.
    I didn't have anything with it, would be too much for lunch I think.

Thanks Eabhabear!

That's great! It's so easy to make as well. My brother loved and he normally says anything I eat is like rabbit food. If you're doing low carb its a great dish to have.
    fussyonion wrote: »
    Actually got fed up eating so badly these past few months-my skin was starting to get bad and my clothes were starting to get tighter again and I thought "No, I'm not going back this way again..I've come so far to let a few months off ruin everything".

That's exactly how I felt over the summer. My clothes were tight again and I didn't want to have throw away my sparkling new wardrobe! Planning is key to getting back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

That's great! It's so easy to make as well. My brother loved and he normally says anything I eat is like rabbit food. If you're doing low carb its a great dish to have.

That's exactly how I felt over the summer. My clothes were tight again and I didn't want to have throw away my sparkling new wardrobe! Planning is key to getting back on track.

I know-it's the most disheartening feeling to try on an outfit you were starting to get comfortable in, only for it to feel tight and clingy again.

I was in Dunnes last month and saw a beautiful dress but when I tried it on and it did nothing for me, I felt like crying there and then in the dressing room.

I left the shop feeling as bad as I did when I first joined WW and so recently I thought "I can change this-I don't have to keep feeling this way, I want to enjoy shopping for clothes, not dreading it."

I've been really virtuous over the weekend and today I've had a salad sandwich and some home made soup.
    Drinking lots of water too and I know it's only been a few days, but already I feel lighter in myself-I feel like all the bad stuff I've eaten is gone and in the past-there's only good things to come of eating well and keeping on track.
    Good luck to you, Eabhabear :)

Down 1.5 tonight and with that I've finally gotten myself to goal :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Taz1 wrote: »
    Down 1.5 tonight and with that I've finally gotten myself to goal :D:D:D
    Well done you! *beams with pride*!!!

Advertisement