Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Tomorrow is the start of my week. Im skipping my meeting again, I just cant face it. But this week im going to be at my bad habits. I'm off chocolates and ive just ordered from tesco with breakfast and lunch included so im not tempted at work. Im even going to stop bringing my dining card with me so I cant buy rubbish! But most importantly im not going to use all my weeklies during the weekend so im stuck during the week!

Tomorrow is the start of my week. Im skipping my meeting again, I just cant face it. But this week im going to be at my bad habits. I'm off chocolates and ive just ordered from tesco with breakfast and lunch included so im not tempted at work. Im even going to stop bringing my dining card with me so I cant buy rubbish! But most importantly im not going to use all my weeklies during the weekend so im stuck during the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Was good Thursday and Friday but am finding today very hard:( went to my mothers and she kept trying to feed me hotdogs and burgers, chips and more and then got annoyed when I said no, but in the end I had to give in and have something. I just wish people wouldn't try and push stuff on you when you say no thanks... Supposed to be having a meal tonight and was trying to keep my points for that. Have a lot of things coming up at the moment so am a bit stressed and am feeling a bit down in general and when I get like that it is so hard not to binge. Anyway I am going to go for a run when the other half finally gets home so that might undo some damage and lift my mood. Hope everyone having a good weekend. Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

honeygirl wrote: »
    Was good Thursday and Friday but am finding today very hard:( went to my mothers and she kept trying to feed me hotdogs and burgers, chips and more and then got annoyed when I said no, but in the end I had to give in and have something. I just wish people wouldn't try and push stuff on you when you say no thanks... Supposed to be having a meal tonight and was trying to keep my points for that. Have a lot of things coming up at the moment so am a bit stressed and am feeling a bit down in general and when I get like that it is so hard not to binge. Anyway I am going to go for a run when the other half finally gets home so that might undo some damage and lift my mood. Hope everyone having a good weekend. Onwards and Downwards!

I can totally sympathise - my mam is exactly the same! Its like when you say 'no thanks' to the food, the subtitle reads 'I don't eat your food because I don't love you!' - Irish mammies eh?! Anyway, chin up, you managed it as best you could and you're motivated and sticking with it so well done! It'll all come good in the end!! :)

Happy Paddy's weekend everyone! :)

JudyD wrote: »
    I can totally sympathise - my mam is exactly the same! Its like when you say 'no thanks' to the food, the subtitle reads 'I don't eat your food because I don't love you!' - Irish mammies eh?! Anyway, chin up, you managed it as best you could and you're motivated and sticking with it so well done! It'll all come good in the end!! :)

Happy Paddy's weekend everyone! :)

Hi Judy, thanks a mill for the support! I think we will have to change how Irish mammies go on when our kids are grown up:) Feeling a lot better today and I didn't binge on bad stuff in the end, tho mind you the scale did go up a couple of pounds this morning so I will have to watch that:) Anyway going to go out for a long walk in the next hour and will keep it light today. thanks again.x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm out of control :(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Been a bitttt ridic this week (mainly bread) and as have not been pointing (silly), i do not know where i'm at. Am going to try undo some damage with a run in the next hour and a wii workout today before 1pm. (Having mcdonalds flashbacks is whats motivating me lol)

If could get in two rather hefty walks b4 wi then as well, would feel a bit more positive as i am pretty sure ive gained this week. Would be surprised if not. Eek. Anyway. Up and at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Morning and Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!

What a week that was, I decided to have my first diet blowout on Thursday and boy did I go to town. I had a large pizza, a Caramello bar, a can of Coke, 2 beers, and a big bag of chips. Yet this morning weighing in I have lost 3lbs, so blooming happy today :)

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs
    February 24th - 17st 1.6lbs
    March 3rd - 17st 2.8lbs
    March 10th - 16st 11.8lbs
    March 17th - 16st 8.8lbs

I have to be up this week. It's like I don't care about it anymore.

I have to be up this week. It's like I don't care about it anymore.

Hi Purple Pawprints, you do care and you are just going thru a bad patch at the moment that you will eventually pull back. Weight Watchers or any other weight loss programme is a life change and you are going to go through good times on it and bad times. You will have it sussed in a few weeks. Sure I said I was going to do better this week and went out and bought jam tarts and chocolate and they are the two worst things I could have in the press so we all do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

We certainly do all do it.
    I had my fry I told you about..albeit most of it was grilled and it is a meal I would very rarely eat, so am not going to feel too bad about that.
    But I'm feeling a bit bloated the last few days.

Might be PMS, might be just the fact I haven't had much water and have probably gone a leeeetle bit OTT on the alcohol but I need to cut back seriously this week.

Going to up my intake of water, 'cos that does wonders for the ol' bloated feeling and I'm going to eat a lot of salad.
    Feeling bloated makes you feel ten times bigger!

Thanks ladies. I do feel a bit better now. I think I might be coming down with some sort of dose, I'm not feeling myself and I've fallen asleep for a couple of hours. Falling asleep during the day is usually a sign something is amiss with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

Hi all,
    I'm a big guy started reading this and have to say i'm enjoying it, its helping to know that everyone struggles and that ye support each other so much. I've been on almost 3 weeks (tomorrow) and lost 12.5 in the 1st two weeks but had 2 nights out this week so not 100% how i'll do. I'm well overweight but already clothes are looser etc so when you find old clothes that fit again its a nice little bonus I think.

Kkid wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'm a big guy started reading this and have to say i'm enjoying it, its helping to know that everyone struggles and that ye support each other so much. I've been on almost 3 weeks (tomorrow) and lost 12.5 in the 1st two weeks but had 2 nights out this week so not 100% how i'll do. I'm well overweight but already clothes are looser etc so when you find old clothes that fit again its a nice little bonus I think.

Well done on that fantastic weight-loss!

My partner was several stone overweight and he lost 11pounds in his first week at WW.
    Men somehow lose it very quick at the start, but don't be disappointed if that rate of weightloss slows down, as your body becomes accustomed to your new lifestyle.
    Getting into old clothes that you used to wear is a huge incentive to keep going.
    Keep it up!

Hey Kkid, welcome to the thread :)

Well done on your loss so far, fair play!

As you can see from the last few posts, the support here is fantastic!

Hi all,

Hi Kkid, Congrats on the weight loss so far and welcome to the site you will get great support here:) It's brilliant when you are able to get back into clothes that you haven't worn in a while, well done:)

Hi all,

12.5 loss in the first two weeks. Holy mother of... thats fecking amazing!!!!!!

Had the mother of all cravings for an Indian curry earlier but resisted and had a tuna salad instead. Filled me up and I'm feeling proud!

Hi all,

Almost a stone in 2 weeks? ! Wow!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Had the mother of all cravings for an Indian curry earlier but resisted and had a tuna salad instead. Filled me up and I'm feeling proud!

Yay! ....now...can I have some of that will power please? :-D

• Advertisement

As I said though I am a big guy and have plenty to lose. But a good start none the less. Thanks for the welcome all!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Hi all I'm after totally shocking shocking myself this week. Down 2lbs! Thrilled I am. That's 20.5lbs since 6th Jan.
    My mini goals now are
    * .5lb away from 3rd silver seven,
    * 2lbs away from the lowest weight I was as after my baby
    * 5lbs away from 14st bracket.
    Very happy cos I'm back to work in 2 weeks after wat will be 9 months off & they already saw me & thought I was back to pre baby weight.
    Best of luck to everyone in their weigh-ins this week xxx

sooooooo relieved!
    was just about to order chinese - the works. full portion of chicken balls, sweet and sour sauce and half rice half chips, tin of diet coke.
    really felt as though i was craving it badly - ridiculous - i think the baked crisps i bought recently have msg in them and think they've set me off but yes... delighted i didn't. instead cooked up 2 quorn fillets, some asparagus tips and some sweetcorn. big glass of water to go with. frozen pineapple for dessert.

so so so so so relieved.
    going through old clothes to get rid of / sell today and realise just how big i was - and how much further i have to go! a nice reality check, albeit a bit scary. excited to see where the future will bring me but really wanting to up the ante a bit now i feel like im wasting a lot of time by not trying hard enough!

permission to lay the smackdown on me if i'm being silly please

metime wrote: »
    sooooooo relieved!
    was just about to order chinese - the works. full portion of chicken balls, sweet and sour sauce and half rice half chips, tin of diet coke.
    really felt as though i was craving it badly - ridiculous - i think the baked crisps i bought recently have msg in them and think they've set me off but yes... delighted i didn't. instead cooked up 2 quorn fillets, some asparagus tips and some sweetcorn. big glass of water to go with. frozen pineapple for dessert.

so so so so so relieved.
    going through old clothes to get rid of / sell today and realise just how big i was - and how much further i have to go! a nice reality check, albeit a bit scary. excited to see where the future will bring me but really wanting to up the ante a bit now i feel like im wasting a lot of time by not trying hard enough!

permission to lay the smackdown on me if i'm being silly please

Hi Metime, It looks like you got your willpower back:) Would you like to share some.:D I have been trying the last few days but I have a lot of damage to undo. Anyway the scales will reveal on Thursday:)

I am absolutely dreading WI tomorrow. I actually feel sick at the thought of it. :(

I am absolutely dreading WI tomorrow. I actually feel sick at the thought of it. :(

Good luck with the weigh in:) I am not looking forward to mine either but you never know it might be ok:)

Is everyone doing the Pro Points or the Filling and Healthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well I had a great weekend off WW...actually it was more like 5 days but anyway I enjoyed every minute and not going to think about all the PP I ate and drank!!!

Stood on scales and was up 3lb but I'm back on track again and will get that under control. I was afraid I'd lose the motivation and keep eating but I got shopping in and made some soup last night so that will stop me ringing for a Chinese!!

10k run on the cards for this evening so that should sweat the alcohol out of the system!

Have a good week everyone.

Hi Kkid, I am doing pro points mainly because I am very bad at watching my portions. I always start off well and then the portions get bigger and bigger so counting is better for me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Pro points all the way! I just find it so much easier to discipline myself if there is a limit to things. Well done on the loss so far btw, it is a great feeling fitting in to clothes that were once too small, I made the mistake of buying a few shirts the first week I started WW and by the time I wanted to wear them, they were too big for me!:o

Advertisement