Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

snakeweasel - I know it’s a waste of money but at the same time I’m sure you’re delighted they no longer fit. I’ve lost another 5 lbs this week so going good. I know I need more exercise so Gym is getting hit early mornings, was on my own in there this morning was great!

I’m on the filling and healthy and finding it really good. Enjoying the food I’m making and the biggest thing for me is I’m planning ahead on meals now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

I'm on pro points! I did about 4 weeks of the filling & health at the start of the year, then had an occasion so went back to propoints, and I'm still doing them. But I'm eating mostly filling & healthy foods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi everyone. I'm back with my tail between my legs after trying and failing many other weight loss methods and gaining almost everything I originally lost. I really need to do it this time, not only because I am so depressed about my appearance but for my health. I have been diagnosed with collapsed arches which is a combination of wearing flat shoes and being overweight and I am in a lot of pain (which makes medium to long walks difficult). Giving Simple Start a go this week (first week back) fingers crossed it goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Too Many Cats

Hi everyone, I've been stalking this page for a few months and have decided to join in. I joined WW in early November and did great... till Christmas. Went straight back after Christmas but nothing seemed to be shifting. After a few weeks I got sick of handing over money and not seeing any change. I've been following the diet (most of the time!) using an App but I've decided to go back to meetings and join in here too.

Hope I can offer encouragement and advice, and get some in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

I am absolutely dreading WI tomorrow. I actually feel sick at the thought of it. :(

best of luck with wi. we could be twins at the min I'm feeling exactly the same trying to get back some motivation just disgusted with way I'm eating and worse I feel the more I eat so maybe motivation fairy could wave her wand over us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Was 1.5lbs up, same as last week. 11.5lbs to goal. Seriously need to get back in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Hey newcomers! Great to have you. :) I may not always post, but I check this thread daily, and it's an awesome support to have. Sometimes I get a bit lost in between my meetings and need to know that others are in the same boat.

Sorry to hear about the pain you're in Monife. If walking is difficult and you want to exercise, maybe you could try a rowing machine, or even a stationary bike with comfy shoes. I'm sure there are better options, but just throwing those out there so you don't feel too limited because of the walking difficulties. :)

I was up 1lb last week thanks to the ole TOTM, and then ate in restaurants and cafes every day over the weekend. I'm still within my points though (if my calculations are correct... I hope they are!) so I'm hoping to have a good result this week. I've been up and down a bit for the last 3 weeks so I want to break out of that cycle and get my third stone. Good luck everyone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Was 1.5lbs up, same as last week. 11.5lbs to goal. Seriously need to get back in the game!

Sorry to hear you were up but you will get there in the end. I have my weigh in this morning and was nearly talking myself out of going but I will go and face the music.. Figure I am going to be up aswell:( Anyway will report back later.

Foxed wrote: »
    Hey newcomers! Great to have you. :) I may not always post, but I check this thread daily, and it's an awesome support to have. Sometimes I get a bit lost in between my meetings and need to know that others are in the same boat.

Sorry to hear about the pain you're in Monife. If walking is difficult and you want to exercise, maybe you could try a rowing machine, or even a stationary bike with comfy shoes. I'm sure there are better options, but just throwing those out there so you don't feel too limited because of the walking difficulties. :)

I was up 1lb last week thanks to the ole TOTM, and then ate in restaurants and cafes every day over the weekend. I'm still within my points though (if my calculations are correct... I hope they are!) so I'm hoping to have a good result this week. I've been up and down a bit for the last 3 weeks so I want to break out of that cycle and get my third stone. Good luck everyone. :D

Hi foxed, I am the same I have stayed the same the last few weeks and I need to break the cycle and try and get my third stone... only a pound to go to get it but its the hardest blooming pound to get off. Anyway I am off to face the scale of shame now:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Monife wrote: »
    I have been diagnosed with collapsed arches which is a combination of wearing flat shoes and being overweight and I am in a lot of pain (which makes medium to long walks difficult).

I hope you've also been given decent orthotics, too? If not, get some. Not just standard one-size-fits-all ones from the chemist, go and get them done properly, cast of feet, etc. The place I go to now (not in Ireland anymore) is great as they have a machine set into the floor that's kind of like a photocopier. It scans my feet but also takes account of the weight and its distribution. I have the opposite problem (high arches) and have done since I was a kid but being overweight definitely exacerbates it. I can't wear shoes without my orthotics for more than a few hours before bad pain starts. Can only recommend getting some - don't wait to lose weight in hopes that will fix all the problems. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

WI yesterday and up half a pound, putting it down to the couple of pints of stout I had on Paddy's day and TOTM. Could've been worse I suppose! Have a wedding this weekend, I'm so tired of parties and bloody food-infested celebrations, it's exhausting trying to watch everything that I put in my mouth. It's so much easier to manage when you're cooking and feeding yourself. Only 8lbs off my goal and it's the longest journey to 8lbs EVER!!!
    Anyway, onwards and downwards! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

2lbs up at weigh in last night! I defo know where i went wrong...went a bit mad at the wkend but back on track now today and hopefully will have that 2 gone by next weigh in!
    Kindof of sickening how easy it is to gain in comparison to the effort it takes to lose!!

Hey all, went to my weigh in today and was half up and am absolutly pissed off:( Maybe this is the kick in the arse that I needed and I refuse to go up anymore so will be working very hard this week . Anyway Onwards and Downwards.

Just did my food plan for the week and if it passes my lips its going to be written down. Going to try my best to stick with 26 a day and cut out biscuits chocolate and other ****... Off now with my shopping list. If I post saying I am doing badly during the week you all have permission to take the head off me. Lads and Ladies we can do this:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

After the few weeks of binging I decided to give up chocolate. And it's really cut down on my snacks. I'm just not interested in anything else. I've really noticed how much of it I've been eating now I can't have it. Im hoping lent will help me kick the habit!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Weighed myself this morning. Im almost 2 pounds up. I'm so annoyed. I was good! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I feel your pain Keesa!

I weighed in today for a sneaky look ( I do it most days) Monday I was 16st 8.8lbs, yesterday I was 16st 8.4lbs...

THEN

This morning I was 16st 11.2!!!!!! I am so annoyed but I have not eaten anything out of the way or beyond my points. However on Wednesday my stomach was killing me after eating peri peri so took a motillium which contains domperidone. Apparently the drug domperidone has a side effect of weight gain, has anyone experienced this, I am so down this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Its been said on here many times before, but a week, or even a few days, is a very short time to measure weight loss. Weight fluctuates all the time.. Try looking at your overall result for a month or so for a better picture of how you're doing :)

jubella wrote: »
    Its been said on here many times before, but a week, or even a few days, is a very short time to measure weight loss. Weight fluctuates all the time.. Try looking at your overall result for a month or so for a better picture of how you're doing :)

I would definitely agree with that but they only time I ever experience this sudden jump is after week with bad eating etc, to gain 2.4 lbs all of a sudden freaked me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

You'd have to eat a heck of a lot of calories to gain two pounds of fat in only 4 days! Apparently 3500 calories = 1lb of weight gain/loss. That's about 87 ish points per pound. A bit of motillium isn't going to do that to you! It's most likely water retention. Or if you weighed yourself in the evening rather than in the morning, or after eating a heavy meal, or after drinking a lot of water, or being bunged up inside. It could be anything but it's definitely not fat. Don't worry. :)

@Keesa - I wish I had the will power to give up choc! It's definitely one of my vices. At least I've made the swap from the huge bars to just a twirl or a freddo when I fancy it. Our leader told us that the pink and purple Cadbury Snacks are only 3pp each now, because they have less sugar in them or something.

• Advertisement

Foxed wrote: »
    You'd have to eat a heck of a lot of calories to gain two pounds of fat in only 4 days! Apparently 3500 calories = 1lb of weight gain/loss. That's about 87 ish points per pound. A bit of motillium isn't going to do that to you! It's most likely water retention. Or if you weighed yourself in the evening rather than in the morning, or after eating a heavy meal, or after drinking a lot of water, or being bunged up inside. It could be anything but it's definitely not fat. Don't worry. :)

Hope to jebus its only water retention and it will flux right back down by Monday's weigh in. My point management and diet is strict so if I weigh in it will always be first thing in the morning after being to the toilet.

I am quite meticulous about the hole thing:

Monday I was 16st 8.8lbs
    Tuesday - 16st 9.6lbs
    Wednesday - 16st 8.8lbs
    Thursday - 16st 8.4lbs
    Friday - 16st 11.2lbs

Which I could not wrap my head around at all, I seem to be fine in the toilet department with out saying too much, and I certainly have not gone over my points any day this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Chong wrote: »
    Hope to jebus its only water retention and it will flux right back down by Monday's weigh in. My point management and diet is strict so if I weigh in it will always be first thing in the morning after being to the toilet.

I am quite meticulous about the hole thing:

Monday I was 16st 8.8lbs
    Tuesday - 16st 9.6lbs
    Wednesday - 16st 8.8lbs
    Thursday - 16st 8.4lbs
    Friday - 16st 11.2lbs

Which I could not wrap my head around at all, I seem to be fine in the toilet department with out saying too much, and I certainly have not gone over my points any day this week.

Do you always weight yourself daily? Everyones weight fluctuates throughout the week. You should at the very most weigh yourself once a week at the same time on the same day. I know my weight can be different by 3 or 4 pounds depending on the day I weigh but the overall trend during my journey was weekly weight loss.

Generally, if not every two days I guess it's my way of staying as motivated as possible. My weight mostly fluctuates between 0.5 - 1lb if it's going up and down but never by nearly 3 lb

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Chong wrote: »
    Generally, if not every two days I guess it's my way of staying as motivated as possible. My weight mostly fluctuates between 0.5 - 1lb if it's going up and down but never by nearly 3 lb

if I was your body i'd want a couple days off burning up all that fat too - you've been at it like the clappers by the sounds of things!
    so long as you are sticking to the plan and listening to your body, i wouldn't stress! i'm sure it knows what it's doing. maybe it's just rearranging some furniture to tide ye over in your next 'round' of losses?
    maybe a weird way of looking at it but sure.. keeps me going!

--
    lunch-
    big handful of spinach, steamed
    some steamed kale
    1/4 tin of john west tuna steak in brine crumbled over it,
    some sea salt and black pepper
    a glug of balsamic vinegar

Chopped up a big carrot - ends off, down the middle, then cut those in half, and in half again - munchin away on that as a snack.

Even had a can of regular coke, all pro pointed for and i'm at 16pp at nearly 2pm, feeling full and content. 19 points left for snacks and the rest of the day. Honestly, delighted. Have been under or bang on points for about 5 days now, though have not been to weight watchers meeting or done hardly any excercise in about 2 weeks. Have not touched a weekly yet since start of my week which was Wednesday- will be using them this weekend though am pretty sure of that. Chocolatey biscuit cravings are creeping up on me big style!! Perhaps will get a biscuit bar in the shop or a flapjack with nutritional info that i can pro point. Will do far less damage that way and I think it would be a nice treat.

Going to finish me carrot and get back to business anyway. Could really do with some excercise I must say..maybe I will do the waddley hip shakey power walk to a far away shop ..like the one in malcolm in the middle. Get the helmet and all to make me more aerodynamic.

Anyway hope ye are all doing wonderfully! Onward and downward ;-)

keesa wrote: »
    After the few weeks of binging I decided to give up chocolate. And it's really cut down on my snacks. I'm just not interested in anything else. I've really noticed how much of it I've been eating now I can't have it. Im hoping lent will help me kick the habit!

hi keesa
    i read something before - i don't know if it's a load of bollox, but when I read it I tried it and whether it was a placebo or not, it worked for me.

It said if you were craving lots of chocolate, your body was actually craving this thing that is found in whole almonds with their skins on. So to do a swap for almonds, and have 1 or two squares of 70% chocolate with it.

This is what introduced me to almonds, and i must say though I do still crave chocolate a lot I used to eat a TONNE of chocolate. I'd have 3 bars a day, big sized ones from the shop - on top of a whole heap of other food!

Something I really like as well if getting really chocolate cravey is frozen banana ice cream, smashed up 70% choc, a teaspoon of cocoa powder, give it a blend - crush up some almonds for the top if ye fancy - really low points and healthier than tucking in to a tub of ben and jerrys fish food or similar!

this isn't the exact one i saw but along this kind of line of thinking -
    Crave+Sub+Chart-01.jpg

makes sense to me!

I like your thought process and sure as hell hope you are right!

The last time I experienced the same sort of slow down was roughly a month ago, so maybe you are right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

metime wrote: »
    hi keesa
    Something I really like as well if getting really chocolate cravey is frozen banana ice cream, smashed up 70% choc, a teaspoon of cocoa powder, give it a blend - crush up some almonds for the top if ye fancy - really low points and healthier than tucking in to a tub of ben and jerrys fish food or similar!

Definitely going to try this post-Easter! Sounds like a fab summer treat instead of a 99! :)

I'm a bit late updating for this week but was -1lb at wi on tuesday. :) Grand to have it off but annoyed with myself as I'm now just back to where I was 4 weeks ago - just been messing around! (Cheating on my new lifestyle choice!!! ;p)

I think all that prevented a landslide of gains is that I kept with once/twice weekly shops and refused to purchase any crap. And I've (so far) managed to stay off biscuits & chocolate bars for lent! (Little cheer for me!)

Starting to feel a bit of motivation creeping back in. Here's to clinging on to that over the weekend!! :) Onwards and Downwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Trying to be really good this week - cos I have a work dinner tonight and a wedding tomorrow - but so proud of myself today. All my office colleagues ordered in from the local chippy for lunch, I declined, not only was I adamant to be good, but I had gotten food poisoning the last time we ordered in from there last year! I sat with everyone and had my 2 point Avonmore soup and homemade oat bread! :)

Everyone is now complaining of heart burn and indigestion, not to mind the pong in the place! :P I think I'm finally back in the game! Fingers crossed I can be as good tonight for dinner!

• Advertisement

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Trying to be really good this week - cos I have a work dinner tonight and a wedding tomorrow - but so proud of myself today. All my office colleagues ordered in from the local chippy for lunch, I declined, not only was I adamant to be good, but I had gotten food poisoning the last time we ordered in from there last year! I sat with everyone and had my 2 point Avonmore soup and homemade oat bread! :)

Everyone is now complaining of heart burn and indigestion, not to mind the pong in the place! :P I think I'm finally back in the game! Fingers crossed I can be as good tonight for dinner!

If you were strong enough to sit with your colleagues while they ate a chippy you will be strong enough to make the right choices tonight. Enjoy your dinner and your wedding:)

Advertisement