Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Thanks metime! I'll have to give it a go! I've been trying to find alternatives but nothing's worked yet!

I'm well and truly ruined for wi now tomorrow. Ended up in mcDs hiding from the rain and now I'm in Costa. . . I suppose tomorrow is a new start and a few pounds is not the end of the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and its finally moved Im a pound and a half down:).. that's the little boost I need to keep going. Now to maintain it and hope for a good loss next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

honeygirl wrote: »
    If you were strong enough to sit with your colleagues while they ate a chippy you will be strong enough to make the right choices tonight. Enjoy your dinner and your wedding:)

Think I did pretty well, shared a starter, had black pudding & blue chees salad but asked them to leave out the cheese and dressing on the side. Shared a lemon tart dessert without cream. No booze either so have all my weeklies remaining. It's not so tough if I plan ahead. TOTM and have some 70% choc on standby in case I get any cravings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Okay this week is better than last week. Had a few biscuits last night but instead of losing the run of myself, I drew a line under it. Other than that little hiccup I had a great 2 days.

Got up this morning and had my porridge and went and started week 3 of Couch to 5k, and I'm finding it grand. This is my second time to start it. Last year I got about 5–6 weeks into it, hurt my foot and gave up.

I do need some good runners though so I'm going to get some this week and I'm determined to complete the whole program this time.

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Think I did pretty well, shared a starter, had black pudding & blue chees salad but asked them to leave out the cheese and dressing on the side. Shared a lemon tart dessert without cream. No booze either so have all my weeklies remaining. It's not so tough if I plan ahead. TOTM and have some 70% choc on standby in case I get any cravings.

The food sounds lovely yum:) and you sound like you are doing brilliantly keep going. Enjoy the Wedding today:)

• Advertisement

Great to so much determination here! I hope it rubs off on me! I'm 3 pounds above goal now. I'm going to give filling and healthy another go I think. I hope it gives me the shake up I need to get back on track and get my gold card

Okay this week is better than last week. Had a few biscuits last night but instead of losing the run of myself, I drew a line under it. Other than that little hiccup I had a great 2 days.

Got up this morning and had my porridge and went and started week 3 of Couch to 5k, and I'm finding it grand. This is my second time to start it. Last year I got about 5–6 weeks into it, hurt my foot and gave up.

I do need some good runners though so I'm going to get some this week and I'm determined to complete the whole program this time.

Hi Purple Pawprints, Glad to see that you got your mojo back. I went out for a run this morning aswell and I feel great after it, hopefully the motivation keeps up throughout the week. Am cooking a fake away at the moment for tonight. Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

keesa wrote: »
    Great to so much determination here! I hope it rubs off on me! I'm 3 pounds above goal now. I'm going to give filling and healthy another go I think. I hope it gives me the shake up I need to get back on track and get my gold card

Hi Keesa, Your motivation will come back twofold and you won't have that 3lb on you for much longer, you are one of the more determined and motivated people on this site and you have hit a blip and that is all it is. I usually get my motivation from you and a few others so keep going and you will have your gold card in no time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Watermelon and dates for breakfast - possibly weird, but gorgeous.. and a grand total of 20 points left for the rest of the day. not a weekly touched since Wednesday.

decisions decisions!!!

metime wrote: »
    Watermelon and dates for breakfast - possibly weird, but gorgeous.. and a grand total of 20 points left for the rest of the day. not a weekly touched since Wednesday.

decisions decisions!!!

Have to say that sounds like a nice brekki:) You are brilliant with all the food ideas:) Jeekers with all the motivation on this site the pounds will be flying off us at our weigh ins next week:D

• Advertisement

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Keesa, Your motivation will come back twofold and you won't have that 3lb on you for much longer, you are one of the more determined and motivated people on this site and you have hit a blip and that is all it is. I usually get my motivation from you and a few others so keep going and you will have your gold card in no time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend:)

Thank you! That means a lot to me :) I bought the ww magazine today for the first time for some f&h recipe inspiration. So fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Twentysixteen

I am a newbie but have browsed for years. Been a WW member more often than most - have not joined now but on a do-it-yourself PP plan. Had been doing well but have been sick and on antibiotics and steroids and have eaten everything in sight. Away for next week so will try and be reasonable but will most likely pigout.
    Enjoy all the support here and tips too.

Monique I have problems with my feet too - arthritis and fallen arches and have tried every kind of shoe and insert and find Ecco runners the most supportive expensive €150 the last time I checked but will outlast many pairs of cheap ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Just back from a friend's house - hoping this is the kickstart I needed to get back on track after another couple of disastrous weeks. She likes to cook new things when she invites people over but knows I'm trying to lose weight and eat healthily so for tonight's dinner chose to cook from Ottolenghi's veggie book, Plenty. Rocket and chard salad with dates, feta and almonds (P. 280) followed by lentils, carrots and celery with grilled aubergine (P. 116). No idea how it all pointed out but for now I'm concentrating on eating healthily and that was definitely covered. It was all delicious, especially the salad, and I'm not a big fan of rocket. I'll definitely make that myself sometime, I think it'll work just as well with other leaves, too. Best of all was that she hadn't planned desert so it was very simple, just two pears peeled and sliced and shared between the three of us. And then when we were having some rooiboos tea afterwards and they started talking about having some chocolate - both of them decided they wanted some of the nice marzipan stuff they had. Success for me since I can't stand marzipan so I had no trouble at all resisting! :) Really makes you think though - I was definitely full and completely satisfied and didn't need anything else at all but I know if some chocolate I liked had been put on the table, I would have taken some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Having a down day today girls and boys.

Saw some pics of myself from a night out last week and I'm disgusted with my appearance.

I have the motivation but have any of you got any tips on things to munch on with a few drinks?

I account for and point for all my drinks but my downfall is crisps. I can't seem to resist them. I would go as far as saying that if I cut stop eating crisps, I think I'd be even more successful in my weightloss.

Any ideas for munchies?

Someone here before said you can use philadelphia extra light instead of quark is this true? I just can't find the stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 lewlew

Hi I asked my ww leader and she said its only the linease light soft cheese from lidal that you can use not the phili. Not sure what the difference is.

lewlew wrote: »
    Hi I asked my ww leader and she said its only the linease light soft cheese from lidal that you can use not the phili. Not sure what the difference is.

Difference is the Linesse one has only 3PP for the whole tub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Well I should have not been worried last Thursday as I was I right back on track for the Friday morning and this morning's weigh in was top notch. I think the lesson I have learned is to restrict the daily weigh in's and not pay attention until weigh in day every Monday morning.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs
    February 24th - 17st 1.6lbs
    March 3rd - 17st 2.8lbs
    March 10th - 16st 11.8lbs
    March 17th - 16st 8.8lbs
    March 24th - 16st 4.8lbs

Really happy with this week's weight loss, it brings me to a total of 39 pounds down.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Well I did very well at the wedding on Saturday, it was a buffet so I piled on the mixed veggies, had one scoop of beef stroganoff and one scoop of rice. There were no starters and the desserts were teeny weeny cake bites so I had a brownie square and some strawberries :) Had two glasses of red wine and then drank Ballygowan for the night. Got on the dance floor as soon as the DJ started and only stopped when he did!
    Off all weekend my OH has just treated me to brunch. He is very tuned into my eating plan so managed to convince him not to go to our fave place, we had a fridge full of food. He did a big grill with sausages, rashers, pudding, sliced baby potatoes and mushrooms fried in spray oil and a poached egg. He gave me the medallion part of the rashers and he cut the pudding really thin. I had one slice of each. I had my porridge bread and he had toast. It was all gorgeous but I have only 8 points left for the day! Bowl of dust for dinner cos WI is tomorrow! Oh and we had orange juice. What a bloody waste of points!!!
    No choccie craving this month thank God, my body must be adjusting. If I'm not down tomorrow on that scales, I'm hurling them out the f**king window!!!

Well I did very well at the wedding on Saturday, it was a buffet so I piled on the mixed veggies, had one scoop of beef stroganoff and one scoop of rice. There were no starters and the desserts were teeny weeny cake bites so I had a brownie square and some strawberries :) Had two glasses of red wine and then drank Ballygowan for the night. Got on the dance floor as soon as the DJ started and only stopped when he did!
    Off all weekend my OH has just treated me to brunch. He is very tuned into my eating plan so managed to convince him not to go to our fave place, we had a fridge full of food. He did a big grill with sausages, rashers, pudding, sliced baby potatoes and mushrooms fried in spray oil and a poached egg. He gave me the medallion part of the rashers and he cut the pudding really thin. I had one slice of each. I had my porridge bread and he had toast. It was all gorgeous but I have only 8 points left for the day! Bowl of dust for dinner cos WI is tomorrow! Oh and we had orange juice. What a bloody waste of points!!!
    No choccie craving this month thank God, my body must be adjusting. If I'm not down tomorrow on that scales, I'm hurling them out the f**king window!!!

Hi Dellzbellz, Sounds like you did really well this weekend and hopefully you have a good loss tomorrow:)... I was also a total angel this weekend, but jeekers I found it soo hard especially when my kids and hubby were having treats. Anyway I stuck to my 26 a day and only used 19 of my 49 so I am hoping that I can keep it up and am also hopeful for a good loss on Thursday:) Anyway Onwards and Downwards

• Advertisement

You're all doing amazingly..keep it up!
    Well done Chong, that's incredible.

I've come to the conclusion that red wine is better for me than white.
    I don't just mean that it's better for your heart, I mean I find when I drink it, I don't really crave snacks.
    Drinking white wine makes me ravenous and I search the cupboards for anything and everything.
    I had three glass of red wine last night and didn't crave any snacks!

I'm bloated today but that's because it's that time of the month, so I'm going to do fish and salad for dinner and drink lots of water to combat the bloat.

I always only have 6-8 points For dinner. I usually have 40 g rice and a chicken breast and veggies. Or if I'm really stuck minute steak is 2 points and then you can fill up on lots of veg

Day 1 of filling and healthy went really well! I had made Curried rice and veg risotto for lunch and I was stuffed right until half 8 tonight! I'm usually STARVING by 3pm! Omelette for tea and my snacks were a handful of bite size shredded wheat and a latte instead of my usual gooey banana bread because there's nothing else at work by then except chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

First weigh in tomorrow. Nervous but excited. Wasn't perfect but was pretty good all week.

Someone was looking for nibbles ideas with a few drinks. I like carrot sticks and hummus or you could use a lower pp dip like tzatiki or salsa. Also low pp crisps like snack a jacks. Only put half the packet into a small bowl and nibble on them or only have nibbles with every 2nd drink.

Good luck this week to everyone :)

Good luck tomorrow Monife!
    It was me who was looking for snack ideas. I love Snack A Jacks and will definitely pick some up this week.
    Also thinking of getting some Tesco Mild Chilli Rice Cakes, which I used to love but forgot about..they're ridiculously tasty and 2 for 1PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Like an idiot I weighed myself and I'm up 6lbs on my own scale, don't know how it's possible. I'm gobsmacked. :'(

Monife wrote: »
    First weigh in tomorrow. Nervous but excited. Wasn't perfect but was pretty good all week.

Someone was looking for nibbles ideas with a few drinks. I like carrot sticks and hummus or you could use a lower pp dip like tzatiki or salsa. Also low pp crisps like snack a jacks. Only put half the packet into a small bowl and nibble on them or only have nibbles with every 2nd drink.

Good luck this week to everyone :)

The first one is the scariest. I remember mine, she asked me how the week went and I said I didnt know because I has used 20 of my weeklies. Even though now I think of it I was walking an hour a day and was on my feet all day because I was in retail! Needless to say I made it through! I bet you'll be happy with your result ;)

Purple pawprints, that happened me the week after I got to goal. I was up 5. Its a terrible feeling but once youre back on track you can lose that in a few good weeks. You know why youre doing ww. Just focus on that when youre tempted

fussyonion wrote: »
    Having a down day today girls and boys.

Saw some pics of myself from a night out last week and I'm disgusted with my appearance.

I have the motivation but have any of you got any tips on things to munch on with a few drinks?

I account for and point for all my drinks but my downfall is crisps. I can't seem to resist them. I would go as far as saying that if I cut stop eating crisps, I think I'd be even more successful in my weightloss.

Any ideas for munchies?

I get baked crisps when i am getting them. 2pp per bag.
    also the organix carrot stix from baby food section in tesco are aight. Popcorn is good too the small bags are 2pp. Id have two and feel id totally stuffed my face for 4pp.

snacks for with wine...organix with houmous and veg crudites. Carrot cucumber celery and pepper strips. I like that anyway.
    pitta bread tortillas is another one.

Low fatvyog with garlic lemon black pepper and some other seasons as u fancy. Delicious dip very low points.

cracottes crackers with extra light philli cut up snack size, wafer thin ham, beetroot...
    or with salad cream and sliced egg (egg slicer in dealz...dead handy...makes an egg go much further on crackers

Red pepper or mushroom pate as in simple start book...

55 pp over allowance today.......whoops! Really enjoyed it though i must say and dont regret it.

..had a sausage sandwich and hobnobs for breakfast..watermelon..cauppachino
    then a goodfellas pizza for lunch
    can of reg coke
    slice of nutella toast piled on must say
    fish fingers beans and a load of stir fry veg
    magnum classic
    2 spoons full of ben and jerrys

was gonna finish my bottle of white but had 3pints of water instead
    back on track tomorrow,will get a big walk in. :-)
    Will have to find a scales and see how im doing.Still havent been bk to a meeting. First slip up in nearly two weeks i think.

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    Day 1 of filling and healthy went really well! I had made Curried rice and veg risotto for lunch and I was stuffed right until half 8 tonight! I'm usually STARVING by 3pm! Omelette for tea and my snacks were a handful of bite size shredded wheat and a latte instead of my usual gooey banana bread because there's nothing else at work by then except chocolate
    Snacking on bitesize shredded wheat. You genius. Must pick some up!

Advertisement