Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

They're cheaper than the regular kind in tesco at the moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

keesa wrote: »
    Purple pawprints, that happened me the week after I got to goal. I was up 5. Its a terrible feeling but once youre back on track you can lose that in a few good weeks. You know why youre doing ww. Just focus on that when youre tempted

Thing is, I've had a reasonably good week though. I'm not sure what's going on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Just had my WI and up a f***ing pound!!! Cos I'm off work I stupidly wore jeans and as I never do my leader said these can show on the scales. I'm raging :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bb86

I can't stop eating today! just had my lunch and still feel hungry! dreading weigh in this wk, was up 2 last wk and while i had a good wkend pp wise i'm not so sure about yesterday and today!! feel like i just want to pig out even thou I know i'd have major regrets!! Struggling! And I'm no where near goal still 2 stone to go :(

Thing is, I've had a reasonably good week though. I'm not sure what's going on. :(

You're scales could easily be wrong! Don't panic til you get to your wi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

First weigh in... 6.5lb down!! In shock but delighted. Long may it continue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Hi all,back at ww after a few years off!I'm just wondering if your doing f&h can you have cappucino so long as you use skimmed milk?and tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce? I keep forgetting to ask my leader!

bobskii wrote: »
    Hi all,back at ww after a few years off!I'm just wondering if your doing f&h can you have cappucino so long as you use skimmed milk?and tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce? I keep forgetting to ask my leader!

Welcome back :) You can have a cappuccino with skimmed milk, same with lattes. But tinned spaghetti is not on F&H I'm afraid. No processed food is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Thanks for that keesa that's great bout the cappucino I enjoy one now and again but thought I better find out first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello All,
    haven't checked in a while. Went hols and had a great time.
    I've started a bootcamp and love it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello All,
    haven't checked in a while. Went hols and had a great time.
    I've started a bootcamp and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Too Many Cats

Well I said I'd go back and I did. First weigh in in 2 months and I'm only up a pound so I'm happy enough with that. Hoping to lose 18 pounds in 5 months. Pretty doable I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 11weeks

Hi all, long time lurker, enjoy all the feeback and encouragment on here. Joining WW tonight and the plan is to lose a stone fingers crossed before the summer. onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Welcome back Too Many Cats! (You can never have too many cats) The hardest part is going back... ain't no stopping you now. :)

Glad you had a nice time on holiday Slay. :) What's bootcamp like? I'd love to go, but I'm just a bit apprehensive about going alone and I wonder if I'd be able for it.

Great to have you 11weeks! That stone is going to fall off of you. :D

Down 2 pounds! And I'm only half way through the week :) I think filling and healthy might be the way for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

11weeks wrote: »
    Hi all, long time lurker, enjoy all the feeback and encouragment on here. Joining WW tonight and the plan is to lose a stone fingers crossed before the summer. onwards and downwards :)
    Well I said I'd go back and I did. First weigh in in 2 months and I'm only up a pound so I'm happy enough with that. Hoping to lose 18 pounds in 5 months. Pretty doable I think.

Hi 11weeks and Too many cats, Welcome you will get all the support that you need and more here:)

Hey all, I have been really good all week and was a total angel at the weekend, have also upped the exercise this week so am really hoping for a good loss tomorrow. Took a sneaky peek on Saturday and I was down 1.5 pounds but haven't been able to check since so I have fingers and toes and everything crossed that the scale goes downwards, will report back tomorrow. Anyway good luck to everyone and congrats to all who have had their weigh in. Onwards and Downwards:)

Hey all, I lost 4.5 pounds today and got my third stone and 6th silver seven. I am totally delighted and shocked as that is my biggest loss ever:) To date I have lost 45 pounds with weight watchers. Anyway will try and keep that loss and try for another next week. Woohoo:):) and good luck everyone

Wow 4.5lbs! Well done Honey!!! :D What did you do for such a great result this week?

Hoping to get my 3rd stone tonight as well... hopefully your luck will rub off on me!

Foxed wrote: »
    Wow 4.5lbs! Well done Honey!!! :D What did you do for such a great result this week?

Hoping to get my 3rd stone tonight as well... hopefully your luck will rub off on me!

Hi foxed, Thanks a mill:) I upped the exercise and cooked everything from scratch and other then chocolate one of the nights at the weekend I kept off all sweet things.. Hopefully I can keep it off as I have never lost that much in one week before. Good luck tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Really seriously need to start walking more again. Yesterday and today there have been strikes here so there were no trams or trains running and only one or two buses. So, there has been quite a lot of walking to do but I am absolutely wrecked. 35 minutes and then an hour and fifteen minutes yesterday followed by 35 minutes and 50 minutes today. So glad to be sitting down with my feet up at the moment. Think I'll bring my togs to work tomorrow and try and stop for a swim on the way home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Misty Moon wrote: »
    I hope you've also been given decent orthotics, too? If not, get some. Not just standard one-size-fits-all ones from the chemist, go and get them done properly, cast of feet, etc. The place I go to now (not in Ireland anymore) is great as they have a machine set into the floor that's kind of like a photocopier. It scans my feet but also takes account of the weight and its distribution. I have the opposite problem (high arches) and have done since I was a kid but being overweight definitely exacerbates it. I can't wear shoes without my orthotics for more than a few hours before bad pain starts. Can only recommend getting some - don't wait to lose weight in hopes that will fix all the problems. :)

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I'm so busy and then I forgot.

I have a medical card and am currently on a waiting list. I had my feet cast 2 weeks ago in the orange stuff that is like the green stuff you put plants in, just waiting on the insoles now. It has gotten really bad lately, it has given me deferred pain in my ankles and knees and is extremely painful. I can barely get down steps, have to take them one at a time and walking is painful now too. Didn't think I would have to deal with this in my 20's :( It never bothered me before, has only developed in the last year.

Would you have any other advice or tips on how to overcome this or is it just a case of getting the insoles and wearing them for the rest of my life? How much are they and do you know how long they last? Thanks a mil.

Was down half a pound at WI on Wednesday evening. It's only a small loss but after 2 gains, I was so happy! :D

Back on track!

Tricky weekend though. Out Saturday night, meeting a friend for lunch on Sunday and concert on Sunday evening. I should be okay. Using diet mixer when I'm out. Sunday at lunch I'll pick something sensible and I'll bring fruit for the journey to Dublin for the concert.

That's great Purple! I know first hand how demoralizing a gain can be, but you pushed through where others would have fallen off the wagon. What concert are you going to? :)

I lost 1.5lbs last night and was delighted to get my third stone! I did a bit of a fist pump at the scales. Only 5lbs until my assigned goal weight so I'll see how I feel when I get there. Also... I am now officially "healthy" and out of the "over-weight" range according to the BMI scale. Little victories!

I lost 1.5lbs last night and was delighted to get my third stone! I did a bit of a fist pump at the scales. Only 5lbs until my assigned goal weight so I'll see how I feel when I get there. Also... I am now officially "healthy" and out of the "over-weight" range according to the BMI scale. Little victories!

Hi Foxed, Congrats on getting your third stone and congrats on reaching the healthy weight range on the bmi. I got to a bmi of 25 aswell this week! Still have another ten pounds to get to goal tho. Anyway hopefully the good weeks keep coming:)

That's great Purple! I know first hand how demoralizing a gain can be, but you pushed through where others would have fallen off the wagon. What concert are you going to? :)

Thanks! I'll be happy to STS this week because I have a lot going on. I'm going to Daughtry in The Academy. So excited, been listening to them for 7 years!

Well done on your third stone! :D I have 4lbs to my 4th and I just feel like I'll never get there! Yay for you getting out of the overweight range, that's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Could anyone tell me how many pp in a beef curry from a Chinese? It was a lunch portion so smaller than a normal portion. I had egg fried rice too which was about half the size of what you'd get in a takeaway! Thanks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Monife wrote: »
    Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I'm so busy and then I forgot.

I have a medical card and am currently on a waiting list. I had my feet cast 2 weeks ago in the orange stuff that is like the green stuff you put plants in, just waiting on the insoles now. It has gotten really bad lately, it has given me deferred pain in my ankles and knees and is extremely painful. I can barely get down steps, have to take them one at a time and walking is painful now too. Didn't think I would have to deal with this in my 20's :( It never bothered me before, has only developed in the last year.

Would you have any other advice or tips on how to overcome this or is it just a case of getting the insoles and wearing them for the rest of my life? How much are they and do you know how long they last? Thanks a mil.
    Hope you get them soon. You should notice some relief almost immediately and definitely be feeling better within a few days - I had a friend who had fallen arches and that was his experience anyway. Since high arches are my problem, it's probably slightly different for me. My problem (short tendons) was first diagnosed when I was about 9 and there was talk about maybe doing an operation when I was a teenager and in the meantime I was forbidden to wear flat shoes and given stretching exercises to do. Nothing ever came of the idea to have an operation and I was glad - to be honest, if my feet were hurting but bearable I kind of stopped talking about it because I was terrified of the idea of them cutting my legs open. I was never able to wear flat shoes though - even if I got flat runners or slip-on canvas shoes in summer I couldn't wear them for long. I always tried to buy shoes like Ecco, that had a built-in arch support, or wore shoes with a inch-high heel. Then for a while I tried using the standard School insoles you can get. I was in my late twenties before I ever got around to actually going to the chiropodist and getting proper orthotics. If I recall correctly they were really expensive, around 200 or so. She made casts of my feet using plaster though, which I presume added a fair bit to the cost. Since they were so expensive, I wore them for years - nearly six I think before I decided I really should get new ones. By then I was already living in Germany and things are different here - my health insurance covers the cost so I just have to pay 12 euro towards them. They use that oasis stuff to make impressions of your feet here, too - it's so weird to step into it! I've also found out that you (apparently) should get new ones every year or so as your feet do change. I got a right talking-to from the doctor here when he saw what I was still using. Anyway, hope that helps. I've had problems for thirty years now and it's only the last twelve or so that I've actually had the orthotics I need. You might find that all sorts of pains you didn't even realise you had will get better once you have them. Don't worry about having to wear them your whole life - honestly, I'd be upset if someone suggested to me I wouldn't have that possibility. But then I've never been a strappy sandals kind of gal. :) I've heard that MBTs can be really good for people with fallen arches so you could check with your doctor if a pair of them would be any good for you, too. And if they offer physio or give you any exercises to do I can only recommend making sure you do them consistently, it will really help.

As for WW this weekend, just to get back on topic :) , yesterday I happened to find wraps in the supermarket. Not always easy to get them here so I grabbed two packets. This morning I got to the market and picked up some pork, which I'll cook in the slow cooker tomorrow so that I can have it in wraps during the week for lunches, along with the lovely salad I also got. Feeling positive. Today has been a good day so far. Pitta bread with tuna for lunch and although I still felt a bit hungry afterwards I resisted the temptation to ransack the cupboards and I'm really glad now. I just needed a bit more time to digest I think. And I know I'll be having an early dinner before heading out. It's hard sometimes to remember that it is not necessary to feel absolutely full or completely stuffed after every meal. It's a silly thing perhaps but always feels like a triumph when I do remember.

Ive been very bold the last 2 days. Id say im over my weeklies. But I loved evety minute! I had a very stressful week and needed to blow off some stream!

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    Ive been very bold the last 2 days. Id say im over my weeklies. But I loved evety minute! I had a very stressful week and needed to blow off some stream!

Yep. WAAAAY over my weeklies. I used 122 weeklies in just 2 days! :O

Advertisement