Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Do cheese triangles count as cream cheese in filling and healthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

intouch44 wrote: »
    Do cheese triangles count as cream cheese in filling and healthy?

No, nothing processed is allowed on F&H. The only cheese is Quark and cottage cheese. Though I think someone on here said that Philadelphia Extra Light could be used if you can't get Quark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Just held a coffee morning and had lots of lovely cake and cream and the likes Couldn't serve guests and not have some myself:rolleyes:. Have to say the cake was lovely but a bit heavy for me so I wont be having anymore rubbish this weekend and will have to do a hell of a lot of running and training to work it off. Anyway will still be working towards a loss next week:) Onwards and Downwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Made a Saturday Night chicken tikka Fakeaway!
    It's a slimmingworld recipe but it's all fine on SimpleStart! It was gorgeous! Had it with brown basmati rice!
    About to have Sugarfree jelly, fresh strawberries and lowfat icecream as my dessert and one of my extra treats!

30mbbf7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 lewlew

Looks fab!

• Advertisement

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Made a Saturday Night chicken tikka Fakeaway!
    It's a slimmingworld recipe but it's all fine on SimpleStart! It was gorgeous! Had it with brown basmati rice!
    About to have Sugarfree jelly, fresh strawberries and lowfat icecream as my dessert and one of my extra treats!

30mbbf7.jpg

That looks really lovely! I must go on the Slimming World Site and have a look. Thanks for posting pic:)

honeygirl wrote: »
    That looks really lovely! I must go on the Slimming World Site and have a look. Thanks for posting pic:)

It was absolutely gorgeous! Hoping for a good loss in the first week, having fab food though so it doesn't feel like I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Disaster! After my terrible week last week and missing my weigh in I had a very bad weekend too! Filling and healthy again tomorrow. But I've no idea how much I'm up but my tummy feels bigger So that can't be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Sooooo bad again Friday - Sunday. Did brilliant all week and then it goes out the window every weekend. Think I'm going to have to give up alcohol coz once I have a drink I start eating :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Natmus wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to give up alcohol coz once I have a drink I start eating :-(

I've decided to give up beer until I'm another 10kg down - I don't drink spirits much and wine only really if I go out to dinner, which is only planned for once this month. I've started going out far more than I used to so really need to make sure I keep an eye on it. Especially with beer, which can really bloat you. I'm happy drinking water though, get a bit of lime juice or a few extra slices of lemon added if I'm feeling fancy. Gave up ordinary soft drinks years ago. One thing that's very popular here and that I do drink sometimes in summer is called Apfelschorle (apple spritzer) - just fizzy water mixed with apple juice, about three-quarters water to one-quarter juice. Very refreshing but without any of the added sugar or other stuff you might get in an ordinary soft drink.

Yesterday I discovered by new favourite way to eat eggs. Poached in tomato sauce. Absolutely scrummy. I had some tomatoes, courgettes and onions in the freezer (trying to clear out the last of the stuff I made at the end of last summer). Put that on to heat until it was boiling, turned down to a simmer and slipped in two eggs (that I had carefully cracked into a cup beforehand). Put the lid on, put two slices of bread in the toaster and when they were ready, it was just about perfect timing to scoop the eggs out onto a pasta plate/bowl and ladle veg in beside them. I had that for dinner yesterday and was so full I nearly couldn't finish it. Did have some sauce leftover so did the same this morning - had to add some water to have enough to poach an egg in and just had one egg. It's nearly one o'clock and I've only started to feel hungry in the last half-hour or so, just as it should be. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

After a loooong time struggling trying to do this on my own, I think I'm finally back on track - Have the groceries bought for the week and all meals planned! Feeling super motivated!
    I'm waiting on my college grant to come in, and as soon as it does I'm going back to meetings. It's just too hard to do on my own. I'll be starting work now in June which means meetings will have to stop again then, but I think the routine of a 9-5.30 working day will help me as I won't have as many opportunities to snack!
    We have a treadmill at home too and I'm finally starting to use it a good bit. Yesterday I ran for 1.2 miles straight.. which is not much in reality but it's the furthest I've ever run in one go so I'm proud of myself! I'm exercising on that at least 4 times a week now so hopefully now that I've got my eating in check, I'll see some great results :)
    Congrats to everyone here on doing so well, this thread has really helped motivate me since I started last October.

Back on track (so far) home made smoothie for breakfast, latte mid morning and brown rice curry risotto for lunch. I put a spoon of curry powder in the water when I was cooking the rice and Lightly fried some veggies. Mushrooms tomatoes peppers and frozen peas and mixed them with the rice. Really yummy and on f&h!

I don't want to go out in the rain so I'm marching around the sitting room for c25k Like a loonatic! Doing that twisty jump thing instead of jogging! Bet my downstairs neighbors love me! :L

First weigh in on Simple Start at 12.30pm! Wish me luck! Had a brilliant week was so good and followed the plan every single day. Hopefully it results in a good loss for me! Nervous and excited! The lovely BF is doing it alongside me but not going to meetings, he weighed this morning and lost 5lb! :D

Been also posting all my my meals to Instagram to keep me on track and accountable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hey guys just a quick question, wondering how many pro points are in a bowl of veg soup from a carvery?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys just a quick question, wondering how many pro points are in a bowl of veg soup from a carvery?

Really depends if they put cream in it or not. Some restaurant soups are swimming in full fat cream and quiet high in points.

If it's creamy maybe 6? But normal eat out soup 3/4

Just out of weigh in! -4.5lb thank god! Looking forward to this week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniels mummy

Well done that's great :) or fake away looks massive, any chance u could pop up the recipe ?

keesa wrote: »
    I don't want to go out in the rain so I'm marching around the sitting room for c25k Like a loonatic! Doing that twisty jump thing instead of jogging! Bet my downstairs neighbors love me! :L

Well done, at least ur moving

• Advertisement

Was planning a really good week but just realised I've 2 going away parties I've to go to. I bet you it's not a filling and healthy menu

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Had a STS after a week on simple start, bit disheartened, praying for a good loss next week for motivation!!!

I weighed in Monday & was down 2lbs. Have another 1.5lbs to get back after my gain last week

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Just back from WI and was up 2.5 :( Although I knew I would be up. Ate and drank like a pig last week and did zero exercise. So hopefully this will gimme the kick I need to get straight back into it for next week. I dunno whats wrong with me lately but I'm constantly tired and not able to do anything after work in the evenings. I was in bed by 9.30 last nite :confused: Need to snap out of this and start back exercising....

I'm really disappointed how much I put on the last 2 weeks. I was hoping that I could undo most of the damage by wi on Saturday. But the scales haven't moved yet. I'm thinking I should just weigh this evening and get it over with and start fresh

Well done that's great :) or fake away looks massive, any chance u could pop up the recipe ?

http://www.slimmingworld.com/recipes/chicken-tikka-masala.aspx

Heres the Recipe here. It was gorgeous would definitely recommend. I had it with brown basmati rice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Didn't make WI this week. Was in hospital unexpectedly and they kept me in for 4 days and then I was house bound. Have been eating all the wrong things, white bread, butter, cheese, takeaways, convenience food basically. Dreading WI next week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Heres the Recipe here. It was gorgeous would definitely recommend. I had it with brown basmati rice. :D

My sister made that for the family one week and its amazing. She's doing slimming world and the recipes they have are amazing. We made coq au vin with herby mash last week and it was gorgeous!

Thanks can't wait to try it out

• Advertisement

Hi Jwacqui, congrats on such a great loss for your first week back:)

Advertisement