Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

keesa wrote: »
    I don't want to go out in the rain so I'm marching around the sitting room for c25k Like a loonatic! Doing that twisty jump thing instead of jogging! Bet my downstairs neighbors love me! :L
    keesa wrote: »
    Was planning a really good week but just realised I've 2 going away parties I've to go to. I bet you it's not a filling and healthy menu

Hi Keesa, You have to live aswell so enjoy your parties:) At least you are moving and I am sure there will be plenty of quiet weeks to come when you will be back on track..

Monife wrote: »
    Didn't make WI this week. Was in hospital unexpectedly and they kept me in for 4 days and then I was house bound. Have been eating all the wrong things, white bread, butter, cheese, takeaways, convenience food basically. Dreading WI next week :(

Hi Monife, Take care of yourself, there will be plenty of time for you to get back on track when you are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Hi all hope everyone is doing well ! I have not been to ww in some weeks now. Am still losing albeit a bit slower, but am happy i must say. I have no intentions of going back to meetings just yet, have sorted somethings now and bk to excercise tonight. Feeling flabby again though weight is down so its time to sweat like a mofo and get my muscles and body goin. Very much looking forward to it too :-) last time i checked 12st 9lb, down from 15st 1lb mid November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 11weeks

Metime, that’s a great loss, always admire your dedication and positivity, even when your not feeling up to it, you still turn it around and go our for some exercise - which is always going to help getting back on track. Went to WW last night, had joined three weeks ago and then missed(didn’t go) to the next two weeks but bit the bullet and was down three, had thought it was going to be a lot worse but thinking about it - i did eat a lot but it was healthier / better options so something must have resonated somewhere in my mind to try choose better foods. . .I feel like i escaped the firing squad for this week so am hoping to put in a good week and get two pounds down and then I I’m getting somewhere. It’s my birthday in a few weeks and really want to feel good about myself in nice clothes but also and more importantly, stop eating absolute crap and feel I’m being good and kind to my body and getting the nourishment it needs and deserves. Have a good week everyone, best of luck with the losses, onwards and downwards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Ah here lads, this is ridiculous. I'm feeling like a bottomless pit. Had a huge wrap for lunch - same thing I've had every day this week (wrap, loads of salad leaves and today the other half of the tuna, dried tomatoes and scallions mix that I had yesterday) but every other day I've been stuffed. Today I had an apple afterwards, too. Then a couple of handfuls of fruit and nuts. And a while ago I just went down to our snack bar and bought myself a Lion bar and a Frikadelle (kind of like a burger, but somewhere between small burger and giant meatball). I've had plenty of water to drink. But I'm still hungry. Not just feel like eating hungry (although I'm feeling that too) but stomach is rumbling hungry. I obviously need something in particular but I can't figure out what it is. I've had bread, I've had salad greens, I've had protein, I've had chocolate, I've had fruit, I've had dairy (cheesey breadroll for brekkie). How flippin' annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Such relief.. I've been really unmotivated for weeks and today was my first really good day in a long time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I've had another good week - but now it's friday & I'm thinking of alcohol and food!!!....I do such damage every weekend. I'm out tonight so I've decided instead of drinking beer or wine I'm going to try vodka & a diet mixer. I have a low PP dinner all prepared so I'll have that before I go out & pray to the Gods that my willpower doesn't collapse & I end up in a take away at 2am!!

I also have a menu planned for 2mor which is something I never do for the weekends so fingers crossed I'll stick to it & get a good result on the scales on tues. I'm so sick of being up a pound down a pound for the past few weeks.

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Lcarr

I lost 2 stone in 2 months with ww 3 years ago and was thrilled but over time the weight gradually built back up again. Started it again 3 weeks ago and have half a stone off already! Am thrilled but am exercising about 3 times a week so I can imagine its the main reason for my weight loss. I lost 4 pound week 1, 2 pounds week 2, 1 pound week 3. From 4 pound a week to 1 pound a week?

Does the weight loss slow down so soon into the diet??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lcarr wrote: »
    I lost 2 stone in 2 months with ww 3 years ago and was thrilled but over time the weight gradually built back up again. Started it again 3 weeks ago and have half a stone off already! Am thrilled but am exercising about 3 times a week so I can imagine its the main reason for my weight loss. I lost 4 pound week 1, 2 pounds week 2, 1 pound week 3. From 4 pound a week to 1 pound a week?

Yes, you're only meant to lose 1-2lbs per week!

The first week you will usually see a big loss as you're going from a hight calorie intake to a much reduced intake. As week 2 and 3 roll on you're body is being to adapt to that and will burn off the extra weight much slower.

However that's a good thing as it's not healthy to lose large amounts of weight quickly and losing 1-2lb per week is much more sustainable long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Lcarr wrote: »

You initial weight loss is usually bigger than average as your body may lose a lot of water weight from the change but also just get shocked by the sudden change in diet.

While the excercise is fantastic and def keep it up it is most certainly not the main reason for your weight loss. Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. The change in diet is why you are losing weight. A sudden change in exercise can sometimes actually cause a plateau or weight gain rather than initial loss. Do keep it up though as it will help transform your body as you lose the weight and is good for health.

Congrats on the loss and keep it up. Don't be concered with speed. 1lb a week is 4 stone in a year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Lcarr

You initial weight loss is usually bigger than average as your body may lose a lot of water weight from the change but also just get shocked by the sudden change in diet.

While the excercise is fantastic and def keep it up it is most certainly not the main reason for your weight loss. Weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise. The change in diet is why you are losing weight. A sudden change in exercise can sometimes actually cause a plateau or weight gain rather than initial loss. Do keep it up though as it will help transform your body as you lose the weight and is good for health.

Congrats on the loss and keep it up. Don't be concered with speed. 1lb a week is 4 stone in a year!

Never thought of it like that at all! I'm getting married this time next year so starting the weight loss process early lol. Only have about another stone to lose before then so I don't mind the weight loss process taking its time - just when I try so hard all week and then lose 1 pound is kind of irritating, but I'm better losing one than gaining one :) Thanks for the advice!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Misty Moon wrote: »
    I've had bread, I've had salad greens, I've had protein, I've had chocolate, I've had fruit, I've had dairy (cheesey breadroll for brekkie). How flippin' annoying!

I know the feeling Misty! What about water? When we're dehydrated we often mistake thirst for hunger. I'm going to get strict about my water intake again and aim for 1.5-2 liters a day.

Foxed wrote: »
    I know the feeling Misty! What about water? When we're dehydrated we often mistake thirst for hunger. I'm going to get strict about my water intake again and aim for 1.5-2 liters a day.

I'd had just over a litre of water to drink by the time I wrote that, close to 2 litres in total over the day. I grabbed something very unhealthy in the train station on the way to class and when I got home I still had my poached egg with some tomatoes/courgette/onion as well as a round pitta bread and then a slice of the pastryless quiche I had cooked to have for dinner today. After all that I finally felt more or less full. It was weird really. But today has been fine at least so I seem to have gotten over whatever it was. My temperature was slightly elevated yesterday so something was going on, I thought I was just ovulating a day or two early but temp was back to normal today so that's not it (anyone else take their temperature every day? I started doing it a couple of years ago and find it completely fascinating).

At any rate, I have chickpeas on to soak at the moment to make some kind of a chickpea curry tomorrow. I'll have that for dinner tomorrow (along with watching a DVD I got out of the library yesterday) and then the rest of it will go in the fridge for me to have with salad in wraps for lunches a couple of days next week. I had a lovely swim after work and all in all, feeling good at the moment, so I'm going to appreciate the feeling for as long as it lasts. Hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

My manager was leaving yesterday so we were going out for lunch and dinner. I thought I could manage it because it'd be normal food I could make healthy choices. But no. Queue my managers hang over. We go to tgi Friday's for lunch. Wine after work and then she decides to cancel the reservation in the restaurant in lieu of sausages, onion rings chips and chicken goujons...

Weighed this morning and doesn't seem to have had a big effect. I'm up 4 anyway so strict week ahead (completely broke so it's not like I'll be able to splash out anyway)

Onwards and downwards ladies and gents

That's the right attitude Keesa, today is a new day and don't let yesterday's difficulties follow you. It's a new start. You can do it.

I'm thrilled today as I just got back from weighing myself and have apparently lost just short of 6lbs this week! Cannot believe it. I've only started being properly careful of what I eat again in the last couple of weeks and was disappointed to not be down much last week (most of what I was down was accounted for by the different shoes I had on - yes, I am that sad that when the seasons change and I switch to lighter shoes, I make sure to check the weight of the ones I always wear when weighing-in 'cos I know there's a couple of lbs difference). So it seems to have caught up anyway this week and oh boy, that is a wonderful boost. It has taken a long time but since this time last year (8th April 2013 I weighed in at my heaviest after a couple of months of half-attempting to lose weight and yo-yoing like mad) I have lost just a fraction of a pound under 1.5 stone. So now I'm enjoying a lovely lunch (I mixed a tip of a teaspoon's worth of curry paste with three spoonfuls of quark and am having it with bread) and actually one day being a healthy weight might even be achievable. Onwards and downwards!

This week's ww mag is perfect for me. Save money while You lose the pounds and how not to be a pig at the weekend. I've been binging at the weekends because that's when my ww week starts!

I was sitting across the road from my meeting not going. And really I need a kick up the behind to get me back on track. So I've dragged myself over but I'm not weighing because I'm a wuss. Scared she's going to make me now and I'm wearing 2llb boots

Hey all, I had my weigh in on Thursday and it was another stay the same but I am happy enough with that as I have a lot going on at the moment. I lost 4.5 pounds two weeks ago which was my biggest loss ever so I am thankful that it is staying off. I have been really tired lately and am finding exercise and counting points really hard but I will try and be strict this week and hopefully there will be some sort of loss on Thursday:) Good luck everyone and have a nice weekend. Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, I had my weigh in on Thursday and it was another stay the same but I am happy enough with that as I have a lot going on at the moment. I lost 4.5 pounds two weeks ago which was my biggest loss ever so I am thankful that it is staying off. I have been really tired lately and am finding exercise and counting points really hard but I will try and be strict this week and hopefully there will be some sort of loss on Thursday:) Good luck everyone and have a nice weekend. Onwards and Downwards:)

If you're really tired of counting points why don't you try and do healthy and filling. I'm really loving it and doesn't seem to be as tedious as counting points!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    If you're really tired of counting points why don't you try and do healthy and filling. I'm really loving it and doesn't seem to be as tedious as counting points!

Hi Jwacqui, A lot of what I have been eating is filling and healthy but I tend to point it because I don't trust myself at all with portion sizes. I might try and not point this week and just do filling and healthy. A couple of years ago I tried slimming world and I thought I could just eat what I wanted on their list and I went up 7lb in one week so I think that's where the fear comes from. I think this week has been hard aswell because the kids are sick so hopefully when all that settles down I won't be so tired of everything. Thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Hi everyone,

I lost a lot of weight doing the pro points and have tried to do it on my own but the weight has crept back upon me (oh the shame!). I want to go back to the meetings but I was wondering, can you still do the normal pro points system? Everyone is talking about the filling and healthy and simple start, but the propoints worked for me and I fear that the whole plan has changed now in meetings etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Yeah you can still do propoints. You can mix and match the different plans.

I just completed week 5 of Couch To 5k!!! I'm actually so proud of myself! :D

dno7239 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I lost a lot of weight doing the pro points and have tried to do it on my own but the weight has crept back upon me (oh the shame!). I want to go back to the meetings but I was wondering, can you still do the normal pro points system? Everyone is talking about the filling and healthy and simple start, but the propoints worked for me and I fear that the whole plan has changed now in meetings etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

You can still point but they recommend you do two weeks of filling and healthy, which they call simple start for a boost to your weight loss. I lost 4.5lb in my first week on the second week now.

Then you can start the flex plan which means you can point, do F&H or do both together i.e weekdays F&H weekend pointing.

I haven't even been given my points allowance by the leader yet. I lost 5stone pointing have put back on 3 and I was thinking the same as you but the change had really helped. It's great to try something new!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Jwacqui, A lot of what I have been eating is filling and healthy but I tend to point it because I don't trust myself at all with portion sizes. I might try and not point this week and just do filling and healthy. A couple of years ago I tried slimming world and I thought I could just eat what I wanted on their list and I went up 7lb in one week so I think that's where the fear comes from. I think this week has been hard aswell because the kids are sick so hopefully when all that settles down I won't be so tired of everything. Thanks:)

I can understand your apprehension. I tend to weigh carbs on F&H just to roughly get a portion and the key is to be conscious of what you are eating as you are trying to lose weight so you need to be eating reasonable amounts.

Sometimes ya just need to get back in the groove. I know that more than anyone haha. Best of luck!

I'm having one of those always hungry days. Managed to stay within my points the last 3 days. Really proud of myself :) even managed a c25k session and some yoga today !

Just completed my second week on simple start had my 49 this week and used them all. Got a takeaway the weekend and used them up.

Weigh in is in the morning. Fingers crossed I do well I'm nervous!!

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Just completed my second week on simple start had my 49 this week and used them all. Got a takeaway the weekend and used them up.

Weigh in is in the morning. Fingers crossed I do well I'm nervous!!

Good luck with the weigh in! You seem to have it sussed so I am sure you will do really well:)

I'm probably going to be up at WI this week, I missed my last two meetings. I'm having a great week this week though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Got my WI tonight ... with all my planning over the weekend I still went well over my pp but for the first weekend I actually pointed them so I'll just have to wait and see!

Fingers crossed.

Advertisement