Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Very frustrating week at work! I usually try to run when I'm stressed but really I am a bit of a comfort eater... Do any of you have any tips for de-stressing at work without food?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Dont want to jinx it just yet, but with the good weather that we have had the last few days, I have been very tempted to head for the ice cream section of the shop, what would be the best ice cream/lolly/pop choice for those days where you just cant say no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

honeygirl wrote: »
    Good luck with the weigh in! You seem to have it sussed so I am sure you will do really well:)

Your good luck paid off! I lost 2lb today which means that I have lost 6.5lb in the last 2 weeks! Delighted!

My original start weigh with WW was 17st 1lb, my lowest weigh was 12st 2lb! I can get there again.
    My rejoin weight was 15st 3.5lb and I am now 14st 11.5lb already. Chuffed, feels like I'm getting back in the groove! :D:D:D

Definitely keeping to F&H 6 days a week and using my 49 over the weekend for treats!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Dont want to jinx it just yet, but with the good weather that we have had the last few days, I have been very tempted to head for the ice cream section of the shop, what would be the best ice cream/lolly/pop choice for those days where you just cant say no?

I'm not in WW, but I do carefully watch what I eat.
    I don't normally eat this sort of thing, but I just had a Funny Foot there - it was pretty nice and 70 calories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

quaalude wrote: »
    I'm not in WW, but I do carefully watch what I eat.
    I don't normally eat this sort of thing, but I just had a Funny Foot there - it was pretty nice and 70 calories.

Just had a look online at the nutritional info on these, looks like they are two pro points! :D I will double check that in Tesco later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

keesa wrote: »
    Very frustrating week at work! I usually try to run when I'm stressed but really I am a bit of a comfort eater... Do any of you have any tips for de-stressing at work without food?
    A good old-fashioned stress ball used to help me a lot. As did walking home from work, imagining every step I took was pounding my horrible boss' face into the ground. So that at least by the time I got home I didn't feel quite as much like eating the entire house down.

The other obvious, but less easy to deal with option is to try and deal with what is causing you stress rather than just reacting to it. Yeah, I know, a lot easier said than done and there will always be things outside your control. But it's worth taking a good look at exactly what causes you to feel the kind of stress that you want to eat and then see if you can tackle the cause of the stress some other way. If it doesn't happen in the first place, you won't have to worry about struggling with resisting the urge to stuff your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Starting back this evening, wish me luck!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Starting back this evening, wish me luck!

Good luck! :)

Thanks a million.

Come home ready for my 2 point steak dinner, cook it all up! Looks delicious! Taste it! Gone off :/ so now it's shredded wheat and 0 point soup for tea. Yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

solero exotic for 3pp in really good!! Twister is 2pp! Just found out today that a 99 cone is 16pp :-o will never be eating one of them again!

Down 3 pound this week. Delighted as was up last week! This weekend will be a challenge though no doubt! Best of luck with WI this week everyone and happy easter :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any idea of pro-points in Ikea meatballs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I've had a horrendous week (all my own doing :mad:), everything I've lost in the last few weeks is back on me :eek: am back on track as of tomorrow, I'm trying to think of ways to motivate rather than sabotage myself! Anyway before I go to bed tonight I'm putting up a few pics of myself from when I was at my goal weight, I'm also going to make a reward sheet for when I get to my mini- goals, any more ideas?

I'll also be planning everything that goes in my mouth but I'd really like some tips on avoiding the 'boredom' of trying to stay on track, have a new walking route lined up for tomorrow evening aswell, I need to get out in this fab weather not hide inside eating myself into a state, it's soooo hard!

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Misty Moon wrote: »
    A good old-fashioned stress ball used to help me a lot. As did walking home from work, imagining every step I took was pounding my horrible boss' face into the ground. So that at least by the time I got home I didn't feel quite as much like eating the entire house down.

The other obvious, but less easy to deal with option is to try and deal with what is causing you stress rather than just reacting to it. Yeah, I know, a lot easier said than done and there will always be things outside your control. But it's worth taking a good look at exactly what causes you to feel the kind of stress that you want to eat and then see if you can tackle the cause of the stress some other way. If it doesn't happen in the first place, you won't have to worry about struggling with resisting the urge to stuff your face.

Great advice. I am changing jobs at the mo and the main reason is because it is too demanding and stressful which is having a huge impact on my life. I am an emotional eater and just cannot get my weight loss plan on track until I get out of this all consuming job.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Boop22 wrote: »
    Just found out today that a 99 cone is 16pp :-o will never be eating one of them again!

Holy crap!!! 16pp? Had a small one in Malahide over the weekend, NEVER again! Just as well I was away for my weigh in today!

Well I've made a start, found the meeting very good. I love hearing what others have to say, it's very encouraging.

Am on Healthy and Filling, for the week. Must head to shop and get in a few more basics. I am looking forward to the chat here too.
    Best of luck, everyone, for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

I cannot believe it .... in total shock - I was down 4lbs last night. I was praying for 2 but 4 is unreal (I think the scales were wrong tbh!)

For the past few weeks I have a STS up .5 down .5 etc so maybe its just the last few weeks balancing out. Either way I'm a very happy chick this easter!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Holy crap!!! 16pp? Had a small one in Malahide over the weekend, NEVER again! Just as well I was away for my weigh in today!

Yep I couldnt believe it. Don't even understand how they would be that high. 16pp obviously includes the flake but still!!! Won't be going near them again myself. Would rather a twister for 2pp. lol :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I'm hungry. Friends were coming in to town for the evening and invited me to dinner. I have been so good today - nothing between breakfast and lunch and since lunch, I've snacked on two apples (not huge ones). Oh, and four strawberries from the ones my colleague brought in. We were supposed to meet at the restaurant at half-seven but then they texted just before six to say they were just leaving Frankfurt. Aaagggh. Have had to change the reservation to half-eight. I reckoned I'd make it to half-seven but I'm going to have to eat something now I think. Can't make it another hour and a half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Up 2lbs, I was expecting more.. Time to get back on track. 13lbs to goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, Just back from my meeting and I was a pound up:( Have had a couple of really hard weeks but maybe this is the kick up the arse I need to get me back on track. Have my daughters communion in a few weeks so would love to be another 4 or 5 pounds down before it. Anyway Onwards and Downwards.

I'm nervous about my weigh in tomorrow. I've been weighing each morning (I know I know) because I want to be back where I was at my last weigh in cos I didn't weigh last week. It was all going according to plan until this Morning when I'm up since yesterday. But I've stuck to my points :(

I'm nervous about my weigh in tomorrow. I've been weighing each morning (I know I know) because I want to be back where I was at my last weigh in cos I didn't weigh last week. It was all going according to plan until this Morning when I'm up since yesterday. But I've stuck to my points :(

Hi Keesa, Don't be nervous it might only be a small fluctuation in your weight and you seem to be doing really well. You will most likely be down tomorrow and If the loss doesn't show this week it will show next week:) Good luck tomorrow. You have made it to goal so you are doing brilliantly don't be too hard on yourself.

Up 2lbs, I was expecting more.. Time to get back on track. 13lbs to goal.

Hi purple Pawprints, Like yourself I am so near goal but I seem to have lost my way so hopefully we both get back on track this week and see good losses. Good luck to both of us:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

Hi all i have missed reading the thread but was glad to see ye are all still at it and there are some newcomers / returners too!

I weighed in at 12st 12lb this morn. I was 13st 10lb on 16th january. That is -12lb in 3 months (1lb a week loss average. )

I wasnt sure how i was doing until i sat down to write this so am happy to see that with checking bk in calendar. Just goes to show the guesswork that comes with the not paying attention or going to meetings!

have generally been quitttte good but not that great the last two weeks.
    Oh makin dinner tonight- bottle of wine to go with. Need to start excerising again as little to none this month. Have been hectic and lots of walking / carrying but no running or yoga or squats or anything. I feel like ramping it up a bit now, have set the dumbells beside the bed ...gonna try combat these flabby biceps i am sick of looking at them!!

anyway yes posting here to make myself accountable....i am making a deal with myself to get out for a walk this eve, do two sets of ten dumbell curls, 1 minute planking. Then in morn 2 more sets of ten, 1 min plank and a run - to pant level and must break a big sweat.
    2 more sets of ten 2m night then another run on sunday evening.... am hoping that will get me back into the swing of things.
    Would really like to get into the 11s by the end of May... thats a loss of 14lb in 44 days.
    2.2lb a week loss ish? Hmmm

also clothes....omg! The eternal battle.cant wait to get to goal to focus on building a wardrobe to last!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi purple Pawprints, Like yourself I am so near goal but I seem to have lost my way so hopefully we both get back on track this week and see good losses. Good luck to both of us:)

That's exactly how I am tbh. I've been up and down the samd few lbs for literally months. I'm 9st 6 now but I did get to 9st 1, I'm quite disappointed I let it creep back up.

Back on track this time!

That's exactly how I am tbh. I've been up and down the samd few lbs for literally months. I'm 9st 6 now but I did get to 9st 1, I'm quite disappointed I let it creep back up.

Back on track this time!

I think what matters is that we all keep trying:) We will get there in the end:)

Exactly, I'm not gonna give up, not after losing 50lbs! :D

So pissed off. Sts. Like are you kidding? I stayed within my points exercised and all. What is the point? I've lost more not pointing and stuffing my face

• Advertisement

So pissed off. Sts. Like are you kidding? I stayed within my points exercised and all. What is the point? I've lost more not pointing and stuffing my face

Hi Keesa, Pleased don't be pissed off it will come off next week. All your good work won't go unrewarded keep it up.. I have been having a lot of those type of weeks aswell. I think maybe it gets harder to lose when you reach a lower weight.

Advertisement