Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

so I posted this in the 'support' thread the other day, but reckon it's probably more appropriate to here..............welcome any feedback

"well now me biatches - how's she going - haven't been on in a long time (she of this thread from back in the day)

managed to hold at target weight since way back, but due to medication and generally acting the maggot with sweets and snacks, I'm back to Target + 5lb - to be honest, it cost me a thousand euro (2 years of classes) to hit target, so there's no way I'm going back to paying WW after all this time

I'm 9st 10 right now, my target was 9 5.5lb but just before Christmas I was 9st 1lb, so that's a big jump since January..........to that end, and now that there are absolutely zero goodies in the house, I'm giving myself until the Saturday before the June b/h weekend to get back to 9st 3lb - really through sensible eating and exercise (I've been running - something I thought I'd never do when I was 16 and a half stone), so really this is just so I can post my weight every week - I imagine I'll be on DT's tomorrow from no chocolate, but I put it on, so I have to lose it - sorry Mods, I know this is very similar to the threads ye closed, I won't be putting up what I eat - not sure if that breaks the rules, etc..............happy to abide by any rules, etc"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

cjdun1 wrote: »
    so I posted this in the 'support' thread the other day, but reckon it's probably more appropriate to here..............welcome any feedback

"well now me biatches - how's she going - haven't been on in a long time (she of this thread from back in the day)

managed to hold at target weight since way back, but due to medication and generally acting the maggot with sweets and snacks, I'm back to Target + 5lb - to be honest, it cost me a thousand euro (2 years of classes) to hit target, so there's no way I'm going back to paying WW after all this time

I'm 9st 10 right now, my target was 9 5.5lb but just before Christmas I was 9st 1lb, so that's a big jump since January..........to that end, and now that there are absolutely zero goodies in the house, I'm giving myself until the Saturday before the June b/h weekend to get back to 9st 3lb - really through sensible eating and exercise (I've been running - something I thought I'd never do when I was 16 and a half stone), so really this is just so I can post my weight every week - I imagine I'll be on DT's tomorrow from no chocolate, but I put it on, so I have to lose it - sorry Mods, I know this is very similar to the threads ye closed, I won't be putting up what I eat - not sure if that breaks the rules, etc..............happy to abide by any rules, etc"

Hi and Welcome:) You will get all the support you need here so Good luck:)

Hey all, I got back on the wagon yesterday and I have done really well foodwise today, stayed well within my points:) I also got out for a run so hopefully my motivation keeps up:p.. I was good enough everyday except Sunday so hopefully I will have a small loss on Thursday. Congrats on all the great losses and good luck to everyone else. Onwards and Downwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

cjdun1 wrote: »
    ... I'm back to Target + 5lb - to be honest, it cost me a thousand euro (2 years of classes) to hit target, so there's no way I'm going back to paying WW after all this time

I thought it you stayed at goal or didn't put on any more than seven lbs from goal that you didn't have to pay anymore? Or is it less than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Misty Moon wrote: »
    I thought it you stayed at goal or didn't put on any more than seven lbs from goal that you didn't have to pay anymore? Or is it less than that?

If you stay within 5 llb of goal you dont pay. I haven't paid since the end of February :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

WI today...up 2.5 lbs!!!! Feckin chocolate strawberries!!! House is a complete choccie free zone now and everyone at WI was either up or STS today so our leader recommended we all give ourselves a new kickstart and we're all back on Filling and Healthy again. Fridge is stocked full of fresh fruit and veggies (no strawberries, devoured all those :P ) and the hunt for Quark begins again! Arse kicked back into gear, onwards and downwards! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fat laura

my fresh start yesterday didn't go so well. I may have accidently eaten an easter egg. Ahh well done now. So fresh fresh start today. I've weighed myself this morning, started a new food diary and I'm eating breakfast. I think if I don't eat breakie I struggle later in the day.

Good luck for today everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Well I think I got a bit cocky after last weeks great loss!! Didn’t have any chocolate all weekend but ate and drank everything else in sight. Got TOTM and boy did I make up for the chocolate last night. I actually felt sick going to bed :-( Needless to say I didn't go to WI last night.

Also, was so lazy I went and bought soup in SV for lunch – I nearly fell over when I pointed the potato and leek at 8pp for the tub – what a waste of 8pp. The Tomato & basil isn’t much better at 6pp.

Anyway once I’m over the TOTM & get my energy levels back I’ll be flying it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 katone1

hi all . I am for the second time embarking on a ww journey eeekkkkk
    I am v heavy 18 st and really need a kick start my daughter who is 14 and 5ft6 but over weight also wishes to join online to avoid classes do any of you know if this is possible please :) xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

katone1 wrote: »
    my daughter who is 14 and 5ft6 but over weight also wishes to join online to avoid classes do any of you know if this is possible please :) xx
    As far as I know if you're under 18 you have to get it signed off by a doctor first. You certainly need your parent's permission. My first time was when I was 17 and they hmmed and hawed a bit before believing me that it was my dad's idea for me to join and then he just had to sign something to confirm. I was physically fully grown by then, though, so there were at least no physical considerations really. At 14, she's still developing and so there will be certain things she might need to take into account. I'd only really consider it for her if she is seriously overweight and then only in conjunction with your doctor. If you're doing the cooking she'll be more or less following the plan anyway and the biggest favour you could possibly do for her, IMHO, is to get her moving and doing some kind of exercise every, or nearly every day.

• Advertisement

Finally managed a whole day on track. Used my 29 and earned 12ap. Happy happy!!

Does anyone own the hairy dieters cook book? I've bought myself the 2 books a few weeks ago and I must say, very very tasty. I've tried a few of the recipes. I found all the pp for them on line too so saved me the bother of going through them all :-D Had the beef stroganoff tonight, the kids devoured it and I definately enjoyed it too.

So off to bed to get some rest before getting up and doing it all again tomorrow xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I am so down right now. I haven't posted in this thread in about 5 months. I lost 1.5 stone on WW and I was in great shape (mentally and physically), I then had to take a break (work abroad) and now I am back, 1.5 stone heavier (back at where I started).

I went to bed psyched last night, ready to begin a new chapter this morning. Then what did I do? I baked scones and I ate 7 of them today :eek:

I think I'm an emotional eater and it's been a very rough week for me. I just hope I can get back into it. :(

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I am so down right now. I haven't posted in this thread in about 5 months. I lost 1.5 stone on WW and I was in great shape (mentally and physically), I then had to take a break (work abroad) and now I am back, 1.5 stone heavier (back at where I started).

I went to bed psyched last night, ready to begin a new chapter this morning. Then what did I do? I baked scones and I ate 7 of them today :eek:

I think I'm an emotional eater and it's been a very rough week for me. I just hope I can get back into it. :(

I think I've been in the same frame of mind lately. I've put on alot after baby no.3, but psyched myself up for days and day. Today I finely had a good day and I know tomorrow will be good too. The key I think is planning and keeping busy for the first few days. Keep rubbish or trigger foods out of the house too till you are back on the wagon.

You can do it!! Keep posting here and I'm sure support will help x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

fat laura wrote: »
    I think I've been in the same frame of mind lately. I've put on alot after baby no.3, but psyched myself up for days and day. Today I finely had a good day and I know tomorrow will be good too. The key I think is planning and keeping busy for the first few days. Keep rubbish or trigger foods out of the house too till you are back on the wagon.

You can do it!! Keep posting here and I'm sure support will help x

Thanks Laura. I bought some stuff today to get me through tomorrow.

You're definitely right with 'keeping busy', I find the days I'm in work I eat really well. However, I'm at home most days. Then the boredom kicks in and I eat all around me. There are only so many walks you can go on!

I will try my hardest tomorrow and hopefully I will be posting back here tomorrow night saying how well the day went. :)

Thanks Laura. I bought some stuff today to get me through tomorrow.

You're definitely right with 'keeping busy', I find the days I'm in work I eat really well. However, I'm at home most days. Then the boredom kicks in and I eat all around me. There are only so many walks you can go on!

I will try my hardest tomorrow and hopefully I will be posting back here tomorrow night saying how well the day went. :)

Best of luck for today. Even one day back on track seems to lead to another and another.

So just wondering what does everyone do with their AP?

I was working out last night what my exercise classes are worth. Turns out I get 12ap a pop, thats 36ap in a week minimum for me! I've never used them, but I think I will need to make an effort to eat all my 29pp and all my 49ap. 36 seems like a big deficit :-?

Hey all, 2.5 lbs down today and didn't expect it so absolutely delighted:) Was really baaad Easter Sunday but was good the rest of the days and did lots of exercise so it paid off. Good luck everyone with your weigh ins. Onwards and Downwards:)

Hi Heat Wave, I remember you from before so welcome back:) You lost your weight once and you will get back into it and do it again so don't be so hard on yourself, sometimes life just gets in the way. Good luck on your journey and as you know you will get plenty of support here.

I was working out last night what my exercise classes are worth. Turns out I get 12ap a pop, thats 36ap in a week minimum for me! I've never used them, but I think I will need to make an effort to eat all my 29pp and all my 49ap. 36 seems like a big deficit :-?

Hi, Usually I don't use them but have had weeks where I have been struggling and have been happy to have them. I used to have ww leader who said that no matter how many activity points you earned you could only use 12 of them in a week, Its all changed now and I could be corrected on that but it always stuck in my mind.

Ohh I think I vaguely remember something along those lines too Honeygirl. I plan not to use them anyway but good to know none the less

• Advertisement

Really struggling this week. Im up again, wi is Saturday. Im at 12 llb up 2 fromnlast week, and 6 above goal. :( itll take weeks to lose it. Feeling so down about it

keesa wrote: »
    Really struggling this week. Im up again, wi is Saturday. Im at 12 llb up 2 fromnlast week, and 6 above goal. :( itll take weeks to lose it. Feeling so down about it

I'm not great with advice but maybe get it all completely out of your system tomorrow. Weigh in on Saturday, make a plan and go for it. A few days back on track and you'll feel great. 6lb is alot easier to lose than a stone xx

Just went for a run there. Ww wise -good idea but for me it was awful. Struggled the whole way through, im recovering from a chest infection and I couldn't breathe properly

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

Hi - can I join in too?
    I've lost count on the times I've done ww - it always works for me but as soon as I'm finished I spend the next year putting back on the pounds.
    So I need some motivation not only to start back on the journey to lose 2 stone (again!) but also to keep it off this time.
    Weighed in on Tuesday - my first goal is to be under 12 stone for a wedding at the end of June. 17 pounds in total - it is quite agressive target (2 pounds per week) but I'm going to try.

BTW the 12 exercise points was on the 'old' plan. Our leader recommended that we try and not use our exercise propoints and only the weeklies (49) if we want to have a good weightloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

My leader advised me on the QT not to use them, I usually earn about 42 a week and any time I did creep into them, I was up on the scales.

Also, back on F&H this week and doing really well. Made the cheat jam last night (500g frozen strawberries and one sachet of sugar free jelly) as I find F&H doesn't allow much on the sweet side of things apart from fruit so this kills any craving and it really is yum!

Jam sounds good dellzbellz.

Another day completed and on plan yesterday. Feeling abit more 'picky' today though, but have bootcamp tonight again so if I can just control myself till then I'll be grand. x

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Protein shake with milk will sort out those extra points for you!

Protein shake with milk will sort out those extra points for you!

I take it you eat your AP then? Do you find that affects your losses in anyway. I think I am gonna skip them this week and then try eating a portion of them next week on proteins and see what happens

I find it really hard to count them in the first place. When I do its more of a pat on the back. But at a low daily allowance it'd be handy. I don't do much exercise other than walking to the luas for work. About 4000 steps a day just for that apparently

• Advertisement

I tend to do 3 or 4 x 1hr bootcamps. I'm part of the Operation Transformation programme up here, but I follow weight watchers eating plan instead of the OT one. Burn on average 600cal for each session according to my Polar watch/heart rate monitor.

Advertisement