Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I saw ww "butter" in dunnes today. 0 pp for 10g. Thought some of you might be interested, no idea what its like!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭cjdun1

cjdun1 wrote: »
    so I posted this in the 'support' thread the other day, but reckon it's probably more appropriate to here..............welcome any feedback

"well now me biatches - how's she going - haven't been on in a long time (she of this thread from back in the day)

managed to hold at target weight since way back, but due to medication and generally acting the maggot with sweets and snacks, I'm back to Target + 5lb - to be honest, it cost me a thousand euro (2 years of classes) to hit target, so there's no way I'm going back to paying WW after all this time

I'm 9st 10 right now, my target was 9 5.5lb but just before Christmas I was 9st 1lb, so that's a big jump since January..........to that end, and now that there are absolutely zero goodies in the house, I'm giving myself until the Saturday before the June b/h weekend to get back to 9st 3lb - really through sensible eating and exercise (I've been running - something I thought I'd never do when I was 16 and a half stone), so really this is just so I can post my weight every week - I imagine I'll be on DT's tomorrow from no chocolate, but I put it on, so I have to lose it - sorry Mods, I know this is very similar to the threads ye closed, I won't be putting up what I eat - not sure if that breaks the rules, etc..............happy to abide by any rules, etc"

yeah man - WI this am - was back down to 9st 4.5lbs - wooohooooo............see what comes of me not codding myself about what I'm eating :)

Down 2.

Not convinced on this class. . . It's a bit demotivating for me

C25k week 2 day 2 done in glorious sunshine! I've gotten past the "this is such a pain" stage and I'm starting to enjoy exercise again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Just did a 40 minute run which nearly killed me and 20 mins of pump after that, didn't do that well foodwise this weekend but I had a lot on so not going to beat myself up over it. Anyway will keep working and try for another loss on Thursday:) Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

keesa wrote: »
    Down 2.

Not convinced on this class. . . It's a bit demotivating for me

2 lbs seems like a great weightloss - do you not like the leader?

honeygirl wrote: »
    Just did a 40 minute run which nearly killed me and 20 mins of pump after that, didn't do that well foodwise this weekend but I had a lot on so not going to beat myself up over it. Anyway will keep working and try for another loss on Thursday:) Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend:)

I'm back running again after a loss break (end Nov) - its tough.
    I was also brutal with my food - I'd expect at least 5 pounds loss after starting back again on the plan - I'll be lucky if I get 2 the way I am going.

I saw ww "butter" in dunnes today. 0 pp for 10g. Thought some of you might be interested, no idea what its like!

If you try it, let us know - I love connaught gold lowfat butter - tastes most like the real thing compared to the other brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fat laura

2lb is a brilliant loss Keesa!! Well done.

Had a great weekend, exercise was done, food was on track and very tasty and we had lots of fun with the kids. Really delighted with myself!
    Had to miss class last week so I'm hoping any damage done at Easter will be gone now. I can't go to class either this week so just gonna restart weeklies as per usual on Wednesday morning and hope to see a good loss whenever I do manage to get to class. Don't know were my new motivation has come from but I'm hoping it stays around.
    For some reason this time I've no patients to lose the weight again. Think I was at target so long I just wanna be back there already!

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I dreamt about chips last night, how sad is that :D. I remember thinking oh I will be sorry for eating these when I step on the scales.
    Luckily there are no pro points in dream chips ;).

• Advertisement

leesider77 wrote: »
    2 lbs seems like a great weightloss - do you not like the leader?

I meant the actual class this week rather than the leader. Imagine going on holidays fatter than you are doesn't work for me. I'm more motivated by positive stuff like imagine going out with a group of friends from school and you're not the chubby one!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Holy crap, found out that my "healthy" porridge that I choose when I go for brekkie once a month with my OH is off the scale with BUTTER!!! WTF?! I always order a half portion of porridge, cos the servings are huge and I get stewed apple as a topping. I point for porridge made with milk and for sugar in the stewed apple so I pointed it at 7. I went there on Saturday and ordered it and the stewed apple came out as a side serving and it was cold, I put my spoon in to put it on my porridge and there was this hard lard type pieces in it, almost as large as the apple slices. I asked the waitress what it was and she took it away to find out. She came back saying it was crystalised sugar and it just needed to be heated. When it came back hot, I spooned the apple onto the porridge leaving behind the syrup. I spotted an oil floating on top and I called the girl that owns the place and asked her, thinking it might even be conocut oil. She said no, it's all sugar and butter. I asked how that was "healthy" and she goes "well the porridge is!" Raging! Afraid to think of the times I had it served already in the porridge!!! :O

Why in gods name would they put butter in Apple!?! I can understand sugar but butter....

Was the porridge made with butter Or was the Apple? Im scared of my porridge now! :o

The apple was stewed (fried more like) in butter and sugar!!! WTF like?!!! It was gross and disturbing...but bloody delicious before I knew all that!!!

dellzbellz wrote: »
    The apple was stewed (fried more like) in butter and sugar!!! WTF like?!!! It was gross and disturbing...but bloody delicious before I knew all that!!!

Maybe just have the porridge by itself next time lol.

fat laura wrote: »
    Maybe just have the porridge by itself next time lol.

Defo! I'll just buy an apple and chop it in myself!

Butter/! I'm still baffled by that!!!

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Holy crap, found out that my "healthy" porridge that I choose when I go for brekkie once a month with my OH is off the scale with BUTTER!!! WTF?! I always order a half portion of porridge, cos the servings are huge and I get stewed apple as a topping. I point for porridge made with milk and for sugar in the stewed apple so I pointed it at 7. I went there on Saturday and ordered it and the stewed apple came out as a side serving and it was cold, I put my spoon in to put it on my porridge and there was this hard lard type pieces in it, almost as large as the apple slices. I asked the waitress what it was and she took it away to find out. She came back saying it was crystalised sugar and it just needed to be heated. When it came back hot, I spooned the apple onto the porridge leaving behind the syrup. I spotted an oil floating on top and I called the girl that owns the place and asked her, thinking it might even be conocut oil. She said no, it's all sugar and butter. I asked how that was "healthy" and she goes "well the porridge is!" Raging! Afraid to think of the times I had it served already in the porridge!!! :O

Jesus it just shows you that if you don't prepare and cook it yourself no matter what the food is you can't trust whats in it. I used to have second helpings of gravy in my mother in laws house for dinner until I found out she was making it with full fat butter. I don't even have first helpings now.

leesider77 wrote: »
    I'm back running again after a loss break (end Nov) - its tough.
    I was also brutal with my food - I'd expect at least 5 pounds loss after starting back again on the plan - I'll be lucky if I get 2 the way I am going.

Hopefully you will lose the 2 pounds just keep trying, once you keep getting back on the wagon it eventually works out. I find when I am really busy which I am for the next few weeks I slip with the food. Trying to do a bit of extra exercise to even it out a bit. Good luck with the running:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Week 7 of c25k done and I'm feeling great!

• Advertisement

Week 7 of c25k done and I'm feeling great!

Well done you seem to be flying with it:) Keep going.

Oh ok I get it now. Stewed apple is usually made with butter and sugar actually. But you can do it with water and sweetner for a 0 pp treat. (Add some cinnamon! ) and gravy is made by frying the fat juices of whatever it was you roasted so be aware if you're eating home made gravy! Generally it's granules wine and onion when you eat out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm really into it now!

Jesus it just shows you that if you don't prepare and cook it yourself no matter what the food is you can't trust whats in it. I used to have second helpings of gravy in my mother in laws house for dinner until I found out she was making it with full fat butter. I don't even have first helpings now.

Trust no one!!! lol!

Another great day for me. I think thats 6 in a row now. I still have 3 weeklies which is unusual for me AND I've earned 43ap. Pity I can't make class this week, but I'm not sure I'd have negated whatever I was up after Easters egg fest lol.

HOpe everyone has a good day tomorrow. x

Super! I did it 18 months ago and once you can do the 5k you never lose the ability. I haven't run since Nov and was able to run for 25 mins last Friday on my first time back. I'm a very slow runner though.

fat laura wrote: »
    Another great day for me. I think thats 6 in a row now. I still have 3 weeklies which is unusual for me AND I've earned 43ap. Pity I can't make class this week, but I'm not sure I'd have negated whatever I was up after Easters egg fest lol.

HOpe everyone has a good day tomorrow. x

It's a good feeling - I bet you feel lighter already!
    I had a good day yesterday as I'm trying to undo the badness of the weekend before my weigh in today. Fingers crossed!

Oh ok I get it now. Stewed apple is usually made with butter and sugar actually. But you can do it with water and sweetner for a 0 pp treat. (Add some cinnamon! ) and gravy is made by frying the fat juices of whatever it was you roasted so be aware if you're eating home made gravy! Generally it's granules wine and onion when you eat out though.

You can only fully know if you make things yourself. But once a month wouldn't make too much of a difference overall. I had the same realization about brown scones once - was totally under pointing them.

Good luck for weigh in today leesider77.

Struggling abit today. Really tired and just wanna sit down and eat a big bar of chocolate. If I still have the notion at lunch I'm gonna have a Caramel Fredo and hope the notion leaves me then. Must feed the baby now and head to town for a few bits. Might help if I'm not in the house too lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Absolutely loving filling and healthy. I lost another 2lb today. I joined back 4 weeks ago and I have lost 10.5lb so far.

Every meal has been so tasty. I have had barely any junk and been using my 49weeklies for the weekend. Loving it! Haven't missed the crap at all!

Advertisement