Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Going to join back to ww this evening. Haven't properly been a member in more than a year. Have followed it on and off and rejoined a few times but never kept it up in the space when I left.

Just a qucik question, do people find points or simple start better? I went back in January when simple start was released but never really stuck with it. Do people find they're losing weight on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

I am so thrilled - lost 6 pounds at my meeting today. I am really surprised as my scales only said 3 this morning! This is the most I have lost on my first week back. My goal is to lose 2 stone more. From next week it will start coming off alot slower but it is a great motivator.

Katie - I stuck to what I know and that was pointing - but there were a few people who lost alot of weight on the simple start in my class today.

fat_laura - hope that you managed to keep your willpower by getting out of the house.

Jwacqui - well done - that was a super weight loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Katie7192 wrote: »
    Going to join back to ww this evening. Haven't properly been a member in more than a year. Have followed it on and off and rejoined a few times but never kept it up in the space when I left.

Just a qucik question, do people find points or simple start better? I went back in January when simple start was released but never really stuck with it. Do people find they're losing weight on it?

I find that simple start is way better. I have always done points and lost 5 stone on points, I left and have been dipping out since then which was 3 years ago now and over the years had regained 3stone. I went back 4 weeks ago and was fully committed. I have lost 10.5 lb in the last 4 weeks, first on simple start and now filling and healthy as simple start is only a two week starter then its filling and healthy.

In all my years losing weight I have never lost this much weight in a little space. I am loving it, every meal is tasty and filling. I am not craving any junk and still using my 49 weekly points for treats including chocolate, crisps, meals out and the occasional takeaway. If you want any advice or tips just ask. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

leesider77 wrote: »
    I am so thrilled - lost 6 pounds at my meeting today. I am really surprised as my scales only said 3 this morning! This is the most I have lost on my first week back. My goal is to lose 2 stone more. From next week it will start coming off alot slower but it is a great motivator.

Well done that is a brilliant weight loss! keep going:)

Katie7192 wrote: »

Hi Katie, people at my meeting seem to be losing a lot of weight on the simple start, one girl got her third stone and she only joined in January so it seems to be working. I have a problem with portions so I tend to point most days but I stick to a lot of the foods on the simple start list. Good luck:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Down 1.5 today, delighted. Defo sticking with filling and healthy now with my weeklies.

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Down 1.5 today, delighted. Defo sticking with filling and healthy now with my weeklies.

Well done.
    Need to keep going for the long weekend. Intend to be extra good this week so I can have some treats at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Same here, 1.5, delighted. That's 5lbs in 2 weeks, I would love to think I'd be getting my first silver seven over the next two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fat laura

My food day did not go so well today, but I have it out of my system now. Ate a few wee mini eggs and 1/2 a bunny. Feel a bit sick lol. I'm craving a chicken and avocado sandwich now lol. I'm having one for lunch tomorrow yummy.

Turns out I can't make class for a good few weeks now. Hubby is busy with work and I've no baby sitter so I'm gonna weigh-in Wednesday mornings at home. I'll record my start weight tomorrow and do it every Wednesday from then on.

Everyone is doing great with their losses!! Well done all xx

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Same here, 1.5, delighted. That's 5lbs in 2 weeks, I would love to think I'd be getting my first silver seven over the next two weeks.

Hi LynnGrace, 5lb in two weeks is a brilliant loss well don:) hopefully you will have your silver seven next week.
    fat laura wrote: »
    My food day did not go so well today, but I have it out of my system now. Ate a few wee mini eggs and 1/2 a bunny. Feel a bit sick lol. I'm craving a chicken and avocado sandwich now lol. I'm having one for lunch tomorrow yummy.

Turns out I can't make class for a good few weeks now. Hubby is busy with work and I've no baby sitter so I'm gonna weigh-in Wednesday mornings at home. I'll record my start weight tomorrow and do it every Wednesday from then on.

Everyone is doing great with their losses!! Well done all xx

Hi Laura, Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and enjoy the sandwich its sounds yummy might have one of those myself:)

• Advertisement

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Laura, Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow and enjoy the sandwich its sounds yummy might have one of those myself:)

Thanks. The sandwich is my new obsession. I go through stages of eating one thing over and over lol. This one is particularly tasty. My last obsession was thai green curry, then fish curry before that lol

Hi LynnGrace, 5lb in two weeks is a brilliant loss well don:) hopefully you will have your silver seven next week.

Thanks a million. I'm delighted. :)

Thanks. The sandwich is my new obsession. I go through stages of eating one thing over and over lol. This one is particularly tasty.

Sounds delicious!

Was in M&S yesterday and they have a snack range ( all around 100 cals) - maybe they are around for a while but I just noticed them yesterday.

I tried the chocolate covered pretzels - it is a small bag but they are yummy for 3 points - sweet and salt cravings sorted in one go!

I'm obsessed with the Irish Pride fresh wraps as well. Only 3 pp each and use them as pizza bases ( with passata, and veg and Dubliner low fat cheese.)

Whats your yummiest ww meal - looking for inspiration for new recipes.

Leesider 77 I had a bit of a thing for the ww chicken thai green curry, got it on their site. Very tasty and 8pp/14pp with rice. Nice treat instead of a take away.

Weighed in this morning and I'm 11st 11lb so I'll weigh again next Wednesday morning and let you know how I do.

Thanks - thats a great idea - must look at the ww site later to see if there are other receipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done on the losses everyone! I've been hovering silently in the shadows stuffing my face for the past two weeks, but I'll be back to my meeting tomorrow. I hope I haven't done too much damage. :(

On a positive note though, I decided to take some progress pictures of myself to compare to older ones I took. WOW! I can't believe how big I was in the older ones... backfat galore. My progress has definitely given me a small boost and I'm climbing back on the wagon now!

Lee - I'm also a huge fan of the wrap pizza. So yummy and quick and versatile. Sometimes I even roll it up before I put it in the oven to mix things up a bit. :P

Welcome back Foxed. Great idea with the photos. Must try that now from Friday. I've 8 weeks with Operation Transformation starting then. Would be interesting to see if there is any difference x

I am addicted to the Uncle Bens single serve wholegrain rice pouches!!! They're on offer in SuperValu at the mo, three pouch pack for €2.04.

They are so handy for lunch - pop the bag in the micro for 90 seconds. I pop my little packet of single serve frozen veg from Aldi in at the same time with some chicken breast I cooked at home and hey presto! Super healthy and filling lunch in less than two mins!!! I bring my chicken to work in one of those Chinese takeaway containers and I can almost convince myself it's fried rice when I'm eating it. Om nom nom!!!

I am addicted to the Uncle Bens single serve wholegrain rice pouches!!! They're on offer in SuperValu at the mo, three pouch pack for €2.04.

They are so handy for lunch - pop the bag in the micro for 90 seconds. I pop my little packet of single serve frozen veg from Aldi in at the same time with some chicken breast I cooked at home and hey presto! Super healthy and filling lunch in less than two mins!!! I bring my chicken to work in one of those Chinese takeaway containers and I can almost convince myself it's fried rice when I'm eating it. Om nom nom!!!

YumYum - how many pp?

• Advertisement

Foxed wrote: »
    Well done on the losses everyone! I've been hovering silently in the shadows stuffing my face for the past two weeks, but I'll be back to my meeting tomorrow. I hope I haven't done too much damage. :(

On a positive note though, I decided to take some progress pictures of myself to compare to older ones I took. WOW! I can't believe how big I was in the older ones... backfat galore. My progress has definitely given me a small boost and I'm climbing back on the wagon now!

Lee - I'm also a huge fan of the wrap pizza. So yummy and quick and versatile. Sometimes I even roll it up before I put it in the oven to mix things up a bit. :P

At least you are going back after 2 weeks. It took me 9 months and my damage was 2 stone :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Best of luck for today. Even one day back on track seems to lead to another and another.
    Hi Heat Wave, I remember you from before so welcome back:) You lost your weight once and you will get back into it and do it again so don't be so hard on yourself, sometimes life just gets in the way. Good luck on your journey and as you know you will get plenty of support here.

Sorry for getting back to you both so late!

I had another very rocky two weeks after posting that but as of three days ago I have been back on track :)

I've eliminated processed bars and cakes with fruit salads and not alone am I feeling a lot better, my skin is great. I feel better all round. :)

Next WI isn't until next week so fingers crossed I didn't do too much damage during the past two weeks!

leesider77 wrote: »
    YumYum - how many pp?

Same as normal brown rice - 6pp per serving. Tastes much nicer than the rice I've cooked myself though...brown rice can be a bit blah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Same as normal brown rice - 6pp per serving. Tastes much nicer than the rice I've cooked myself though...brown rice can be a bit blah!

How big are the bags? They have added oil so it would be a smaller serving of rice than what you'd get of plain brown cooked at home, but if they keep you full and you like the taste then they sound great!

How big are the bags? They have added oil so it would be a smaller serving of rice than what you'd get of plain brown cooked at home, but if they keep you full and you like the taste then they sound great!

I checked them with my leader and she said they're classed the same as normal brown rice when doing F&H (which I am) but I pointed the pack at 6pp from the NV on the pack. Not sure of the pack size as I don't have the pouch in front of me but for the single serve portion pack it's 6 and 12 for the normal size pouches.

I checked them with my leader and she said they're classed the same as normal brown rice when doing F&H (which I am) but I pointed the pack at 6pp from the NV on the pack. Not sure of the pack size as I don't have the pouch in front of me but for the single serve portion pack it's 6 and 12 for the normal size pouches.

Oh I've been told otherwise (not direct from a leader but from someone who was told by their leader), that because of the added oil they arent F&H.

I find there is a lot of miscommunication around branded products on F&H and it can be difficult to know whats allowed or not. I try to stick to the least processed to be sure but it can be a minefield!

Oh I've been told otherwise (not direct from a leader but from someone who was told by their leader), that because of the added oil they arent F&H.

I find there is a lot of miscommunication around branded products on F&H and it can be difficult to know whats allowed or not. I try to stick to the least processed to be sure but it can be a minefield!

I checked with my leader because honestly, they tasted too good to be true and to be fair to her she checked with head office before coming back to me. I've eaten them practically every day since my last weigh in and was down 1.5lbs yesterday so I'm guessing they're okay? At least I hope so!!! She did say that it was just the wholegrain and NOT the brown basmati though, so maybe that's the difference?

I checked with my leader because honestly, they tasted too good to be true and to be fair to her she checked with head office before coming back to me. I've eaten them practically every day since my last weigh in and was down 1.5lbs yesterday so I'm guessing they're okay? At least I hope so!!! She did say that it was just the wholegrain and NOT the brown basmati though, so maybe that's the difference?

If its working for you then stick with it and it clearly is!!

Foxed wrote: »

Hi Foxed, Good luck with your weigh in today:) I have my weigh in today and even though I have been good with the food most of the time and great with the exercise, its my time of the month and that always sets me back so I am not looking forward to going. Anyway I will report back later.

• Advertisement

Good luck for weigh in today everyone xx

Advertisement