Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fat laura

Right everyone I have a quick question, if anyone and everyone could give an opinion I'd be very greatful:

Do you think if I upped my dailies from 29pp to 32pp would it still result in weight loss?

Case = When I got to 11st 10lb last time I decided I'd maintain (healthy BMI and all that jazz), so I upped my pp to 32 as per ww instructions and I lost nearly another stone in the next couple of weeks. Should I try this again and hope for the same results or stick to the 29pp that ww give me to lose weight? Theres the fear of gaining you see. But I am doing alot of exercise and I'm feeling hungry on the days inbetween exercise!

All suggestions and comments really would be so gratefully received xx

p.s - I am 5ft 8in and 11st 11lb. And I only put the weight on this time due to pregnancy, baby is 4months old now x

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

Best of luck to everyone who weighs in today.

Laura - The last time you were losing weight on 32 pp - was everything the same? Were you doing the same level of exercise? Were you breastfeeding? etc etc. How long ago was that because your metabolism can change?

I was training for a run the last time on ww and I personally found that my weight loss was very slow ( despite eating my allocated pp). I think it was all the gym work and I was putting on muscle. Now utimately, I lost inches and was way more toned but I must admit it was disheartening not to see the scales go down faster.

Why not try it for a week and see? You can always go back down again.

leesider77 last time was about 2years ago. I was doing alot of exercise too but maybe not quite as much now. I do 4hrs in bootcamp a week now and then whatever walking on top. I'm thinking I'll leave it this week as its a bank holiday weekend and maybe try next week. Thanks for the input. x

Forgot to say I always tried to use the extra pp on good food not rubbish. That probably made the difference too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, Just back from my meeting and I am another 1.5lb down so am delighted. Good luck to everyone else with their weigh ins and congrats on all the great losses so far:) Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Laura, (I'm not mean enough to call you fat Laura) use the pp your leader gave you and count your activity points and eat them. Or talk to your leader. If we knew all the answers we wouldn't have had to join ww in the first place

• Advertisement

keesa wrote: »
    Laura, (I'm not mean enough to call you fat Laura) use the pp your leader gave you and count your activity points and eat them. Or talk to your leader. If we knew all the answers we wouldn't have had to join ww in the first place

Your right of course. I can't make class for a few weeks with hubbys work schedule. I'll just eat my 29pp plus my 49 weekly and wait till I get in to see her. Thanks Keesa for the input x

fat laura wrote: »
    Your right of course. I can't make class for a few weeks with hubbys work schedule. I'll just eat my 29pp plus my 49 weekly and wait till I get in to see her. Thanks Keesa for the input x

You can comment on the fb ww page or ring head office and they'll help that way too

• Registered Users Posts: 31 arisagain

Back again!!! 10lbs up from goal. Relieved that it is not more!! But literally back on track. I'm going to stick with points, it's what I know and worked for me before. I'm going to Nando's at the weekend, any ideas what I should go for??

Tough day planned today! 0pp for breakfast, Thai restaurant for lunch and 0pp dinner! Wish me luck!

arisagain wrote: »
    Back again!!! 10lbs up from goal. Relieved that it is not more!! But literally back on track. I'm going to stick with points, it's what I know and worked for me before. I'm going to Nando's at the weekend, any ideas what I should go for??

Well done for coming back! I waited until I had 2 stone back on to bite the bullet. This is the very last time I am doing it!

• Advertisement

Tough day planned today! 0pp for breakfast, Thai restaurant for lunch and 0pp dinner! Wish me luck!

Bets of luck - 0 point breakfast I can do - I am intersted to know what will you have for your dinner?
    And most importantly , enjoy your lunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, Just back from my meeting and I am another 1.5lb down so am delighted. Good luck to everyone else with their weigh ins and congrats on all the great losses so far:) Onwards and Downwards:)

Well done honeygirl!

leesider77 wrote: »
    Bets of luck - 0 point breakfast I can do - I am intersted to know what will you have for your dinner?
    And most importantly , enjoy your lunch!

Had one of those chopped fruit pots from centra for breakfast. Dinner will be veggie soup made with salt and pepper instead of stock or a veggie stir fry with no rice with a spoon of curry powder or both depending on how hungry I am!

Oh my God im stuffed! I can barely move!

We got sent toffee squares from one of our agencies at work. I had one I said 12 points, What do you think? Is that about fair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Was 1.5lbs up and I thought I had had a good week. A stone left to goal now. Little bit annoyed because I've let it creep back up a little. I'm 9 and a half stone now but I was down to 9st 1lb. :(

I've just started running too so I've been told I could be putting on muscle.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Had wi yesterday was down 0.5lb which i was happy with as i did not get back on the wagon as much as i wanted to but probalbly made better choices that i had in the last few weeks. But went for my first 5k run last night for a good number of weeks and felt great after doing it. So planning on being really good this week lots of exercise and smart food choices. 8lbs to get back to goal:D Have a great weekend

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Well done honeygirl!

Thanks a mill:) :)

Was 1.5lbs up and I thought I had had a good week. A stone left to goal now. Little bit annoyed because I've let it creep back up a little. I'm 9 and a half stone now but I was down to 9st 1lb. :(

I've just started running too so I've been told I could be putting on muscle.

Hi Purple Pawprints, This is only a blip and you will get back into the swing of things. Keep going you have done brilliantly so far:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Oh my God im stuffed! I can barely move!

We got sent toffee squares from one of our agencies at work. I had one I said 12 points, What do you think? Is that about fair?

Are they the choccie shortbread toffee yummy buggers?! I'd say 12 is about right. Went into Insomnia for a coffee today and noticed they have all their goodies listed with calorie count and those were 450 cals, approximately 40 cals per propoint so that's 11.5 so 12 should be correct. Bet is was delish?!

It was amazing! Regret it now though, wi is tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I ran my first ever 5k last night!

So was my last class at Operation Transformation yesterday. Although I only lost 5.5lb in the 8 weeks I did lose 14.5" all over. Delighted! I've signed up for session number 2 starting Wednesday :-D

fat laura wrote: »
    So was my last class at Operation Transformation yesterday. Although I only lost 5.5lb in the 8 weeks I did lose 14.5" all over. Delighted! I've signed up for session number 2 starting Wednesday :-D

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Another 500g (just over 1lb) down today. So thrilled with this because I totally lost my willpower yesterday and not only had a second helping for dinner (albeit a very 'good' dinner), I devoured a packet of shortbread fingers that I won in a hamper the other week. Felt ill by the end of the evening and horrible and like I should just give up entirely. I'd already had a couple of rocky days during the week anyway. I very nearly didn't go to weigh myself today but if I hadn't I'd have probably assumed I was up and spent another few weeks eating the supermarkets out of crisps and chocolate before getting back up. Looks like walking home from work three days really does help, even if it's only an half-an-hour or so.

Down 1 today. Just one til I'm back at goal.
    Really tired today and so tempted to pig out

Down 1 today. Just one til I'm back at goal.
    Really tired today and so tempted to pig out

Well done!

Misty Moon wrote: »
    Another 500g (just over 1lb) down today. So thrilled with this because I totally lost my willpower yesterday and not only had a second helping for dinner (albeit a very 'good' dinner), I devoured a packet of shortbread fingers that I won in a hamper the other week. Felt ill by the end of the evening and horrible and like I should just give up entirely. I'd already had a couple of rocky days during the week anyway. I very nearly didn't go to weigh myself today but if I hadn't I'd have probably assumed I was up and spent another few weeks eating the supermarkets out of crisps and chocolate before getting back up. Looks like walking home from work three days really does help, even if it's only an half-an-hour or so.

Well done! I'm walking as much as I can, this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

having a really good ww week, but went out last night prob went over my 49 but thankfully only on drinks no chips :) proud of that, so this week's challenge is have a really good night out only use 49 on that night and still have a good weight loss its early on hangover day yet but have planned have porridge bread and jam made and lots of salad figures crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Weigh in is tomorrow morning.

My home scales has me up on last weeks weight.

I am due my period this week, but I have felt heaviness in it around my womb area since Friday.

Does being premenstrual increase anybody's weight?

• Advertisement

So it was a bad few days. Who wants to guess how many weeklies I've had? 4 days left to fix it

(77!!!)

Advertisement