Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

keesa wrote: »
    So it was a bad few days. Who wants to guess how many weeklies I've had? 4 days left to fix it

(77!!!)

Oh no wait, I'm still remembering stuff I ate. . . I can add another 10 points

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Nervous for weigh in tomorrow!! Was up 3 last week as hadn't been in two weeks with easter and being away. Hope I can lose at least 2 pounds tomorrow. Seems like such a slow journey for me this time round! But I'm still having my nights out and living my life so I suppose it's better to lose it this way rather than lose it quicker but feel deprived :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

WI today, had a good week but TOTM so anything could show on the scales. Sat on the train back to Cork right now and the smell of bacon and eggs is wafting from the dining car... :eek: Temptation station!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fat laura

Morning all!

Keesa I can beat your 82 weeklies by about 20 eeeekkkk. Anyway its out of my system and I am feeling re-motivated. I am trying filling and healthy this week. I have my porridge bread made and a big pot of potato and leek soup all ready for the eating. My second round (8weeks) of operation transformation is starting tomorrow and I am putting my all into it. I'm gonna try harder on the food side of it this time.

Pity the food diary side is closed down, I love the ideas and things I wouldn't think of eating! A well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

I was ok on the food but was very weak for the vino at the weekend.
    I am weighing in today so hopefully I haven't done too much damage.
    I am going away this weekend so need to have a great few days.

• Advertisement

To undo the damage I need to fit 3 hour long runs into the week! 9ap each!

Best of luck this week everyone!

Weigh in is tomorrow morning.

My home scales has me up on last weeks weight.

I am due my period this week, but I have felt heaviness in it around my womb area since Friday.

Does being premenstrual increase anybody's weight?

Yes - alot of people retain fluid around the time of their period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Weigh in this morning and I lost 1lb. That's 11.5lb in 5 weeks! Delighted! My exams begin today and so far the stress hasn't led me to the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Weigh in this morning and I lost 1lb. That's 11.5lb in 5 weeks! Delighted! My exams begin today and so far the stress hasn't led me to the fridge.

Hi Jwacqui, well done and keep it up:) and good luck with your exams:)

Weigh in is tomorrow morning.

My home scales has me up on last weeks weight.

I am due my period this week, but I have felt heaviness in it around my womb area since Friday.

Does being premenstrual increase anybody's weight?

Hi December2012, Most of the time when I weigh in around my time of the month I am up, and unfortunately I think that happens to a lot of people. Good luck with your weigh in.

• Advertisement

Hey all, I have been ok foodwise over the weekend. I have been trying to track but have had a lot on and some food has slipped into my mouth without going on the tracker:p We are having a party at the weekend and I have to cater for about 50 people so am having a lot of panic attacks inbetween cleaning house and trying to sort out food.. a few days after that we are going on a weeks holiday so I am trying to pack for all of us aswell. I must have been mad doing all of this together but I will get through it and hopefully I will make it to my Thursday weigh in with some sort of a loss:) Good luck everyone you all seem to be doing so well:)

Well done Jwacqui - I was down 1.5lbs - so got my first silver seven today.
    I should be thrilled but keep thinking it could have been more if I had stuck to my points.

leesider77 wrote: »
    Well done Jwacqui - I was down 1.5lbs - so got my first silver seven today.
    I should be thrilled but keep thinking it could have been more if I had stuck to my points.

Hi leesider, well done on your loss and congrats on your silver seven:) 1.5 is a great loss and once the scale goes down sure your winning:) Keep going!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Up 1/2lb which isn't bad for TOTM, usually 1lb or 1.5lb. Sticking with filling and healthy as it seems to be suiting me best, noticing it in my clothes now! Onwards and downwards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Down 2.5 today at WI. Was up 3 last week so kinda cancels it out. Looking forward to a good week this week and hopefully move that bit closer to my 1st stone, it seems to be taking forever to reach it. Ah well, Onwards and Downwards as we say ;)

Boop22 wrote: »
    Down 2.5 today at WI. Was up 3 last week so kinda cancels it out. Looking forward to a good week this week and hopefully move that bit closer to my 1st stone, it seems to be taking forever to reach it. Ah well, Onwards and Downwards as we say ;)

Hi Boop, Well done! 2.5lb weight loss is brilliant:) keep going and you will have your first stone before you know it, and its better to get there slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Congrats on the losses! :)

My TOTM is also looming so I expect I'll be up come Thursday, which is a pain because I've stuck to my points all week!

wow such good losses this week! I hope mines the same!

No luck on the ap, I'm just to tired to go for a run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hoping to STS. Tough weekend. I was in A&E on Sunday, I had a mild seizure. Never had one before. Had been on antibiotics after having a tooth out so I think it could have been a reaction to it. Eating has been a bit all over the place because my tummy has been off. Still going to WI in the morning though. Won't be able to stay for the meeting this week unfortunately.

Hoping to STS. Tough weekend. I was in A&E on Sunday, I had a mild seizure. Never had one before. Had been on antibiotics after having a tooth out so I think it could have been a reaction to it. Eating has been a bit all over the place because my tummy has been off. Still going to WI in the morning though. Won't be able to stay for the meeting this week unfortunately.

I hope you're feeling better! Mind yourself, Don't stress out over a few pounds, you can lose them again when you're better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

The past few days I have been so busy that I have barely had the time to eat anything, just a bowl of cereal here and there. And within 3 days I have gained 7 pounds! Would this be water retention?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

keesa wrote: »
    I hope you're feeling better! Mind yourself, Don't stress out over a few pounds, you can lose them again when you're better!

I'm down 4.5lbs! I'm stunned!

Wow - well done! Hope you are feeling better

The past few days I have been so busy that I have barely had the time to eat anything, just a bowl of cereal here and there. And within 3 days I have gained 7 pounds! Would this be water retention?

I know when I eat too little, it actually hinders my weight loss - seems like a contradiction - I'm no expert but I think its baecause your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the little food it is getting.

I loosely follow the wendy plan - which is a day of higher points ( days of exericse) followed by lower point days.

The good news is though, that if it is fluid, once you sort out the cause - it will drop off quickly.

Hi Purple Pawprints, Congrats on the great loss this week:) but take care of yourself aswell. Your health is way more important then any few pounds that you might lose. x

Foxed wrote: »
    Congrats on the losses! :)

My TOTM is also looming so I expect I'll be up come Thursday, which is a pain because I've stuck to my points all week!

Hi Foxed, You never know you might have some sort of loss, good luck with your weigh in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well done everyone, great losses going on.
    I'm a bit disappointed this week. Stuck with Filling and Healthy, and walked a lot, ended up staying the same. Am hoping it might catch up at next W.I.
    I remember that happening to me before, the week that I thought I had reached goal, I stayed the same despite going all out, with exercise and pointing. I reached goal the following week.
    Anyway, am tracking carefully this week, am sticking with Filling and Healthy and using my 49 pp allowance. I'm not letting this discourage me.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Well done everyone, great losses going on.
    I'm a bit disappointed this week. Stuck with Filling and Healthy, and walked a lot, ended up staying the same. Am hoping it might catch up at next W.I.
    I remember that happening to me before, the week that I thought I had reached goal, I stayed the same despite going all out, with exercise and pointing. I reached goal the following week.
    Anyway, am tracking carefully this week, am sticking with Filling and Healthy and using my 49 pp allowance. I'm not letting this discourage me.

Hi LynnGrace, Don't be disappointed you will have a loss next week and hopefully it will be a good one, sometimes it just takes the body a little time to catch up. It happens to me all the time I stick to the plan all week and exercise and then stay the same. Just stick with it and you will see a really good result even if it takes a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi LynnGrace, Don't be disappointed you will have a loss next week and hopefully it will be a good one, sometimes it just takes the body a little time to catch up. It happens to me all the time I stick to the plan all week and exercise and then stay the same. Just stick with it and you will see a really good result even if it takes a couple of weeks.

Thanks a million, honeygirl. I'm going to do exactly that. Fresh slate, that's the beauty of the weekly W.I. Whether it's a good or bad one, you always get to start afresh. The extra walking is doing me good, healthwise anyway, so fingers crossed, it will translate into a loss next week. I'm determined it won't put me off.
    Thanks again, and best of luck for the week ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

leesider77 wrote: »
    I know when I eat too little, it actually hinders my weight loss - seems like a contradiction - I'm no expert but I think its baecause your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the little food it is getting.

I loosely follow the wendy plan - which is a day of higher points ( days of exericse) followed by lower point days.

The good news is though, that if it is fluid, once you sort out the cause - it will drop off quickly.

Nah, you don't go into starvation mode - that's a very specific thing and is the result of actual prolonged periods of not eating anything at all. You just tend to exercise/move about less when you don't eat enough.

The body cant retain infinite fluid, so even if you are retaining some it will come and go - if your weight is generally moving downwards despite the odd spike then you are doing fine.

Advertisement