Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

Any recommendations for low point cocktails? Going to a party at the weekend and need to stay on the straight and narrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

leesider77 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for low point cocktails? Going to a party at the weekend and need to stay on the straight and narrow!

White spirits and diet mixers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

Hey all!!

So I rejoined WW a month ago. I had great success with WW a couple of years ago but got cocky and thought I was amazing after losing 6 stone and thought I had slayed my weight demons forever! Lol! Well I quickly put on 10 stone. (Yes you read that right. 10 stone!) On my first weigh-in at WW I came in at 19st 13.5lbs.

I have been rapidly putting on weight every year, roughly about 1-2 stone and I'm sick of it! It's getting to the stage where my health is beginning to suffer (my knees are in bits from carrying all the weight!), I'm finding it difficult to buy clothes that fit me (I'm starting WW as a size 26) and it's having a massive impact on my mental health. I used to be so outgoing and confident. I was always busy doing something or going somewhere but now I'm such a recluse! When someone says to me 'lets go here', my first thoughts are "what will I wear?", "will I be able to walk that far?", "will I be able to fit into the seats?" etc...

My mind is constantly going non-stop about my weight and I feel so suffocated by it. I've started going to counselling about it and it was my Dr. that suggested going back to WW. At least it meant that I had to get out of my house once a week and meet people like myself.

So I joined about a month ago and in total I've lost 10lbs so far. This week I got my first silver seven which made me very happy. I'm hopeful that I can reach the stone before my birthday over the June bank holiday.

I'm well aware it's going to take me 2 years or more to lose this weight so that's mainly why I've signed up for Boards and I'm writing here. You all seem so supportive of each other. None of my family or friends have significant weight issues and often I feel like the only 20 stone 20-something year old in Ireland!! :D I know you girls are not as heavy as me but at least you are enduring through the same struggle so I take comfort in that!

Anyways I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I mainly just wanted to say Hi and write down a few of my thoughts as I start out on this journey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all!!

So I rejoined WW a month ago. I had great success with WW a couple of years ago but got cocky and thought I was amazing after losing 6 stone and thought I had slayed my weight demons forever! Lol! Well I quickly put on 10 stone. (Yes you read that right. 10 stone!) On my first weigh-in at WW I came in at 19st 13.5lbs.

I have been rapidly putting on weight every year, roughly about 1-2 stone and I'm sick of it! It's getting to the stage where my health is beginning to suffer (my knees are in bits from carrying all the weight!), I'm finding it difficult to buy clothes that fit me (I'm starting WW as a size 26) and it's having a massive impact on my mental health. I used to be so outgoing and confident. I was always busy doing something or going somewhere but now I'm such a recluse! When someone says to me 'lets go here', my first thoughts are "what will I wear?", "will I be able to walk that far?", "will I be able to fit into the seats?" etc...

My mind is constantly going non-stop about my weight and I feel so suffocated by it. I've started going to counselling about it and it was my Dr. that suggested going back to WW. At least it meant that I had to get out of my house once a week and meet people like myself.

So I joined about a month ago and in total I've lost 10lbs so far. This week I got my first silver seven which made me very happy. I'm hopeful that I can reach the stone before my birthday over the June bank holiday.

I'm well aware it's going to take me 2 years or more to lose this weight so that's mainly why I've signed up for Boards and I'm writing here. You all seem so supportive of each other. None of my family or friends have significant weight issues and often I feel like the only 20 stone 20-something year old in Ireland!! :D I know you girls are not as heavy as me but at least you are enduring through the same struggle so I take comfort in that!

Anyways I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I mainly just wanted to say Hi and write down a few of my thoughts as I start out on this journey!

Hi and welcome, you are going to get great support here. Try not to think about all the weight you have to lose, break it into small goals. I used to take it seven pounds at a time. Anyway good luck on your journey and if I can help in any way let me know:)

Thanks very much!! Every stone is a goal so I'm going to get to goal 10 times lol!!

• Advertisement

Hey all, I just got back from my meeting and I was a half pound down, I was expecting more because I did really watch myself but once the scale is going down I am happy:) I am going on holiday next week and am going to miss my meeting so hopefully I won't do too much damage:rolleyes: Onwards and Downwards and good luck to everyone;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Hey all!!

Welcome aboard! It doesn't matter what weight you are, it's just a number, we're all fighting the same fight here and the support you get is amazing! Well done on the loss so far and good luck with the rest. You will feel the benefits in no time! Onwards and downwards! ;)

mess2success - well done on taking the first steps - you have a great attitude. Looking forward to hearing your updates on your journey.
    I'm determined that this will be the last time I will do this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Thanks very much!! Every stone is a goal so I'm going to get to goal 10 times lol!!

Well done, you have made a great start, and definitely do keep chatting here.

I just had to post as I'm so proud of myself. I went out for dinner with work and was an angel food wise. Fish for starter and main course. No sauces, bread, potatoes and no desert. And it was really yummy and I felt full. I had a cappuccino as a treat. I was driving so no alcohol - this helped my willpower a lot. Hope this is the start of something good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

Hi

First time to post. in WW 4 years on and off. I was doing so well from January till end April..24pound down and then had a wedding and just fell off the wagon and am up 9 pounds in 2 weeks. How is this even possible
    so annoyed with myself..need kick in butt
    But the thing that keeps me going is this thread...love it..u all so inspiring

thanks

Hi

First time to post. in WW 4 years on and off. I was doing so well from January till end April..24pound down and then had a wedding and just fell off the wagon and am up 9 pounds in 2 weeks. How is this even possible
    so annoyed with myself..need kick in butt
    But the thing that keeps me going is this thread...love it..u all so inspiring

thanks

Hi Choccylover, I am the same and unfortunately it is very possible to put weight on that quick, I can easily put on half a stone over a few days even if I don't eat everything I want:confused: You will lose it again just keep trying and don't lose faith. Anyway good luck with the weight loss and the posters on this thread are great so you will get all the help you need:) Also remember you have to live and have fun in your life:P but once you keep getting back on the wagon your winning:)

I just had to post as I'm so proud of myself. I went out for dinner with work and was an angel food wise. Fish for starter and main course. No sauces, bread, potatoes and no desert. And it was really yummy and I felt full. I had a cappuccino as a treat. I was driving so no alcohol - this helped my willpower a lot. Hope this is the start of something good.

Hi leesider, Do you think you could rent me out that halo for the weekend:p.. I am trying to be good,not sure how long I am going to last tho

Ha ha honey girl. My halo well and truly slipped off last night. Doing my points now and it it torture. Who knew there are 6 points in mojitos? I was so good with my food even though I was away but the alcohol points are massive - I'm on 77 for the day yesterday and keep remembering stuff I forgot.
    Today is tough as well - all I want are carbs. Any lowpoint hangover cures out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I had Chinese last night for the first time in six months. I thoroughly enjoyed it. With the pain of my tooth and ending up in A&E last weekend I sort of took it easy this week and didn't do any exercise. I was exhausted though, I ended up sleeping for 12-13 hours last night. :o

Back on the wagon tomorrow though. Going to go for a 5k walk when I get home from work.

I need to up the ante with my exercise and I've just noticed that there's a Body Blitz class on every Sunday morning in my local leisure centre. Does anyone have any experience with this type of class, what's it like, is it tough?

Forgive me all, for I have sinned. I ate a 120g Cadbury Daim bar for breakfast this morning. The. Entire. Bar.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 monkeynuts111

What's going on? Last week I was very careful with what I ate, I did the Darkness into Light walk, I barely had any alcohol, and I'm up 8 POUNDS!!!!!! How can that be?????

I feel your pain

I was up the same in a week after a wedding and cant get back into it
    how come it is so easy to put on lots of weight and impossible to lose it
    so not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the clothes are tight again ...amazing how one week you are delighted with loose clothes and exercise buzz and good humours and after a bad week or 2 you are down, clothes are tight and theres no buzz

food....so addictive...i feel sorry for smokers or drinkers who cant quit...i defo thing sugar is very addictive and hard to say no to

sorry for rant....goin to try again but sometimes you get embarrassed thinking your leader is saying to herself "will this one ever learn"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Drastic weight increases in a short period of time tend to be fluid and should go away again.

• Advertisement

Im an all or nothing type of girl - I can loose very quickly when I am in the zone. Then one 'event', a weekedn away, a wedding or a holiday where I get out of my routine and I start piling it back on again. I'm up today on the scales and am being weighed in tomorrow.
    I know I need to get up on the scales and just face it but teh thoughts of it just make me want to eat a big bar of chocolate. I guess thats why I have a problem with my weight in the first place. :-(

I'm determined that this will be the time I will beat those demons - I have 2 stone to lose - I have to think longterm though - yes, it would be great to lose it for the big event coming up - but I want to be thin for every event in the future too!

I need to up the ante with my exercise and I've just noticed that there's a Body Blitz class on every Sunday morning in my local leisure centre. Does anyone have any experience with this type of class, what's it like, is it tough?

Hope you are feeling better now. No expereince of Body Blitz but why not try it once to see? I really need to get regular exercise into my diary as well. A class might be better because its too easy to put off going out for a run!

Hope you are feeling better now. No expereince of Body Blitz but why not try it once to see? I really need to get regular exercise into my diary as well. A class might be better because its too easy to put off going out for a run!

It's on Sunday morning and I never work Sunday unless I'm on call and there's an emergency so it's perfect for me really. I think I'll give it a go and keep up with the jogging and walking too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Hi guys just checking back in again! I rejoined my local class 2 weeks ago like I said I would.. I did full points on the first week as I felt I needed the control or I would go off track.. Lost 5 lb that week.. Last week was not so good just had massive junk food cravings and once I gave in I found it hard to stop! Back on track today and going to class tonight instead of my usual class as I feel I just need to weigh in see the damage and move on!

Good luck to everyone this week!

Gud on you Katie

I didnt go last week to face music and ate more because of it
    you better off going and facing music and starting again

should take my own advice lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

Gud on you Katie

I didnt go last week to face music and ate more because of it
    you better off going and facing music and starting again

should take my own advice lol!!

Thanks choccylover.. Really need to
    Get back into the swing of things.. Hoping a good week this week will put me in the right mind frame!

My will power at times is awful!

Alcohol related question. Working at a trade show today and was among the alcohol section and some people were discussing low calorie options. Some recommended Coors and others suggested light cider. I took a bottle of Bulmers Light and a bottle of Erdinger non alcoholic to point them, (they were the only bottles with NV on the label) and the Erdinger came in at 3 points per 500ml bottle and Bulmers Light came in at 2 points per 568ml bottle?!!! I always thought the cider was 4 points per 330ml and the alcohol free stuff 1 point?! Anyone here know for sure? I text my leader and she was baffled!

Coors light is 4 points for a longneck bottle.
    Bulmers light and corona light are 3 points for longneck (330 mls)
    Don't know non alcoholic points.

Erdinger alcoholic is 6 points for the large bottle - I did much research on this as I ADORE it. I tried to work it out and it came in really low as well so my leader checked it out fur me.

I found this from 2011 on one of these threads. Maybe that's why the points came in low??

"Please be advised that when calculating the ProPoints values of alcohol, you need to have full nutritional information, including grams of alcohol. At this point in time it is not a requirement for manufacturers to include this on the labels.
    For this reason, alcohol grams are not included in the elements on the ProPointsfinder, the Weight Watchers ProPoints calculator or online calculator."

• Advertisement

Down only half a pound - expected it but still can't help but be disappointed. Onwards and downwards next week.

Advertisement