Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

leesider77 wrote: »
    Down only half a pound - expected it but still can't help but be disappointed. Onwards and downwards next week.

Once the scale is down it's good, be proud of your weight loss no matter how small it is. You are doing really well:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Got my silver seven this evening. Had a loss of 2.5lbs. Very happy, especially cos I had stayed the same last week, after putting in what I felt was a good week.
    Phew!

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Got my silver seven this evening. Had a loss of 2.5lbs. Very happy, especially cos I had stayed the same last week, after putting in what I felt was a good week.
    Phew!

Well done!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The way I'm eating this week you'd swear I was trying to gain the 4.5lbs I lost last week :(

The way I'm eating this week you'd swear I was trying to gain the 4.5lbs I lost last week :(

We all have weeks like that you will be grand, you have nearly reached goal you are doing so well. I am supposed to be going away in the next day or so and am going to miss my weigh in and my meeting so I am a bit worried because I can't stop eating either. I am trying to make good food choices so hopefully I won't do too much damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Another week and another loss. I lost 1lb this morning which brings me to a total loss of 12.5lb in the 6 weeks since I've rejoined. Absolutely delighted and I'm in the middle of my exams! Two weeks left.

I bought a polar heart rate monitor watch today which I'm gonna start using during exercise to make sure I'm getting the most out of what I'm doing!

Loving filling and healthy! The boyfriend is down exactly a stone in 6 weeks as well! Delighted!

Thanks. :)

I'm hoping I haven't done too much damage.

The key with being away is to make healthy choices and if you're going to be drinking, have diet mixers and maybe have some water between drinks.

honeygirl wrote: »
    Well done!:)

Thanks a million. :)
    Best of luck one and all this week.

2.5lbs up.. Not surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

I was down 1.5lbs this week. Happy with that because when I weighed myself at home this morning I thought I was going to be up and that put me such bad form this morning! My leader told me to throw away the scales and just concentrate on the once a week WI. I think I'd find that sooo hard to do. I love being able to gauge how my body is reacting during the week. Just hate seeing it up on WI day! Lol!!

My leader brought in some chicken dishes she made from the CHICKENLICIOUS cookbook.They looked fab! I'm tempted to buy it next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Missed WI this week cos I was away at a trade show...probably just as well, TOTM and limited food options at the trade show meant F&H went out the window! Hols are two weeks away so keeping myself on track now. It's bloody exhausting sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done on the loss mess! :) I'm a divil for the scales as well. It can work both ways though, I once thought I'd be down 4lbs and strolled into my meeting with a smile on my face only to discover I was actually up! Home scales are so unreliable, so I just take whatever mine says with a grain of salt.

With that said, hopefully I'll be down tonight and I might even reach my first goal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

I'm a daily weigher - I see no harm in it really - I know the only one that counts is the ww one.
    But I like to see how I'm progressing and know if I'm up compared to yesterday that I need to watch what I eat or up my exercise or similar.
    I also weigh myself before the meeting and know the approx difference - its always around 2 pounds.
    I like to prepare myself - if I had a great week and was up 2 lbs, I think I would probably cry with the shock in the class.

I was down 1.5lbs this week. Happy with that because when I weighed myself at home this morning I thought I was going to be up and that put me such bad form this morning! My leader told me to throw away the scales and just concentrate on the once a week WI. I think I'd find that sooo hard to do. I love being able to gauge how my body is reacting during the week. Just hate seeing it up on WI day! Lol!!

My leader brought in some chicken dishes she made from the CHICKENLICIOUS cookbook.They looked fab! I'm tempted to buy it next week.

Keep us posted on that cookbook - I need some new inspiration - is it a WW one?

2.5lbs up.. Not surprised!

Sorry about that. It's never nice but at least you know what caused it - right?

I think its harder when you've been angelic all week and see a gain.

I think I remember that you have lost a good bit of weight already though - do I have the right person?

I have 3st 9lbs lost since January of last year :)

I'm back on track now though. I think. :p

leesider77 wrote: »
    Keep us posted on that cookbook - I need some new inspiration - is it a WW one?

Yeah it's the newest WW one I think. I had a glance through it and it looks good so I'll probably purchase it next week. I've a couple of the recipe books at this stage. I likk to bulk cook at the weekend and freeze the portions and have them during the week so I usually make 2 recipes each week from the books. Haven't had a disastrous recipe yet thank god!

I'm very tempted to buy the Two Hairy Bikers weightloss cookery books. A friend has them and thinks they are fab! Plus I came across a blog where the girl had pointed all of the recipes!! So it's dead handy.

The contract in my job is finished this week so it's likely that I'll be unemployed for the summer. If I am I'll be updating my blog regularly and will put up the recipes that I cook each week. This might help you get some inspiration! When I get the blog in order I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Yeah it's the newest WW one I think. I had a glance through it and it looks good so I'll probably purchase it next week. I've a couple of the recipe books at this stage. I likk to bulk cook at the weekend and freeze the portions and have them during the week so I usually make 2 recipes each week from the books. Haven't had a disastrous recipe yet thank god!

I'm very tempted to buy the Two Hairy Bikers weightloss cookery books. A friend has them and thinks they are fab! Plus I came across a blog where the girl had pointed all of the recipes!! So it's dead handy.

The contract in my job is finished this week so it's likely that I'll be unemployed for the summer. If I am I'll be updating my blog regularly and will put up the recipes that I cook each week. This might help you get some inspiration! When I get the blog in order I'll let you know.

Do you have the link to that website with the HairyBikers recipes pointed?! My boyfriend cooked the beef stroganoff from it at the weekend, it's fab!

I have fallen completely off the wagon. Weight going in wrong direction.

What is the best app to use for tracking and calculating pro points?

ShindyB wrote: »

I just PM'd you the link for the Hairy Bikers there. I'd put it up here but I know we're not allowed to link to blogs. I find iTrackBites brilliant to track my pp. I'd be lost without it!

• Advertisement

Thanks so much mess2success!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Feel so tubby today and weigh in is tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Up 2 pounds this week. Absolutely disgusted with myself. I have been literally like a yoyo since joinging ww back in Feb and am only down 7.5 pounds since then (I lost 5 in first week) so have only lost 2.5 pounds in 3 months:mad::mad::mad: I know what the problem is and its that I go drinking every second weekend. Which leads to eating badly when hungover. I know that I need to give up drink for a while to lose the weight but I find it very hard seeing as there is always stuff to go to..... Does anybody else finid alcohol affects their weight loss?:confused:

On a seperate note, does anybody know off hand what the lowest pp oven chips are? Thanks x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Boop22 wrote: »
    Up 2 pounds this week. Absolutely disgusted with myself. I have been literally like a yoyo since joinging ww back in Feb and am only down 7.5 pounds since then (I lost 5 in first week) so have only lost 2.5 pounds in 3 months:mad::mad::mad: I know what the problem is and its that I go drinking every second weekend. Which leads to eating badly when hungover. I know that I need to give up drink for a while to lose the weight but I find it very hard seeing as there is always stuff to go to..... Does anybody else finid alcohol affects their weight loss?:confused:

On a seperate note, does anybody know off hand what the lowest pp oven chips are? Thanks x

I think the McCain rustic, though it's ages since I did ww, so there might be something "better value" now!! I invested in an actifry a couple of years ago for making chips, and it was the best money I've ever spent!!

ShindyB wrote: »

I use the Value Diary app and find it fab!

Boop22 wrote: »

I'm fond of a few glasses of vino or beers myself and no doubt if I gave it up, I will lose faster. But, I really think I would feel totally deprived if I gave it up totally. And that it would make me give up the ww.
    So I have to make other strategies to compensate - extra exercise and plan your hangover ;-) So if pizza is your hangover food of choice, make a wrap pizza for instance - ensure you have everything in before you go out.
    If you reach for the crisps, have low point versions - chickatees, wheelies etc. to hand.
    No chippers on your nights out, pick lower cal alcoholic drinks. etc etc.

I think it will be better in the long run if you find a workable strategy for yoru nights out rather than avoiding them - you have to live your life while you are losing weight.

I have 3st 9lbs lost since January of last year :)

WOW! That is brilliant. Well done.

Let me save ye some trouble. The ww cottage pie meal is awful. It's mostly potato and is full of fat chunks in the tiny bit of mince

LynnGrace wrote: »
    WOW! That is brilliant. Well done.

Thank you :)
    keesa wrote: »
    Let me save ye some trouble. The ww cottage pie meal is awful. It's mostly potato and is full of fat chunks in the tiny bit of mince

Eugh, that sounds rank!

• Advertisement

My reason to stay on track this week is the feeling I had walking to my meeting in the sun wearing a tight tshirt and knowing I look good. That and knowing the girl giving me dirty looks was because she was jealous of my (almost) flat tummy and not judging my last year chubbiness :) this is better than any icecream could taste!

Advertisement