Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi all. Got this in email this morning. Thought it might help considering the weather this weekend.

For more ice cream ProPoints values, click here.

Lollies ProPoints
    1 (65ml) Solero Mojito ice lolly 1
    1 (35ml) Wall’s Mini Milk 1
    1 Weight Watchers toffee fudge mini pot swirl 2
    1 (80ml) Wall’s Mini Calippo 2
    1 (55ml) Oreo ice cream sandwich 3
    1 (90ml) Wall’s Strawberry Cornetto 4
    1 (53ml) Snickers ice cream bar 5
    1 (70ml) Nestle Nobbly Bobbly 6
    1 (100ml) Haagen-Dazs pralines & cream 7
    1 large Mr Whippy 99 cone 8
    1 (110ml) Magnum double caramel 9

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Hi Everyone! I finally took the plunge after 6 months to head back to ww last week. I had exams in Dec & had planned to go back in Jan but Christmas didn't turn out as planned. My dad had a heart attack two days before Christmas (he's fully on the mend now though!) so was kept pretty occupied with trips to the hosp and all that! Funny but food was the last thing on my mind and actually lost weight during that time! But since things have quietened down and life has got back on track, weight has slowly crept back on :-( It was 25 weeks since my last weigh in when I went back last week I was up 10lbs! Still kept a firm hand on the other 9lbs I had lost but still, thought it was ALOT worse so back on the band wagon now! Aiming to get back to where I was before I set another mini goal. Onwards & downwards :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi All,

Glad to see that so many of you are doing so well! :)

I have my 7th weigh in tomorrow and I can finally stay for the meeting! I have had exams the last three weeks and had to weigh and head straight to college. So looking forward to staying as I have genuinely missed the meetings.

I have 1.5lb for my 1st stone since I rejoined (I have lost 38lb from my heaviest), I would love to lose that but I'd be happy with even 1lb. I have been really on track all week but still having yummy food and making sure I use all my 49 points!

I have been uploaded my meals wherever possible to instagram and it has been keeping me on track. :D

Good luck to everyone with your weigh in this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi All,

Glad to see that so many of you are doing so well! :)

I have my 7th weigh in tomorrow and I can finally stay for the meeting! I have had exams the last three weeks and had to weigh and head straight to college. So looking forward to staying as I have genuinely missed the meetings.

I have 1.5lb for my 1st stone since I rejoined (I have lost 38lb from my heaviest), I would love to lose that but I'd be happy with even 1lb. I have been really on track all week but still having yummy food and making sure I use all my 49 points!

I have been uploaded my meals wherever possible to instagram and it has been keeping me on track. :D

Well done! Have you ever thought of making more YouTube videos? I'd imagine you've lots of fans who would be delighted!

augusta24 wrote: »
    Well done! Have you ever thought of making more YouTube videos? I'd imagine you've lots of fans who would be delighted!

Hi!

I have but I'm back in college and I work full time and I just don't currently have the time. My exams are over next week though and I think il make one then as I've never done F&H before so it would be something new to talk about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hi Jwacqui, Just wondering if you have a instagram account just for your ww journey. Would love to follow it to see your meals for some ideas if you have :)

Hi All,

WI today and not very confident. I was ok all week but didnt track at all which is making me panic!!!

Its my best friend's 30th this weekend and a few of us are heading away. We are staying in a hotel Fri & Sat nite and will be getting treatments done in the spa, so excited:D I tink the plan is to stay in on the Friday night with drinks an d nibbles and to head out for dinner and drinks on the Sat.

Could anyone suggest any low pp nibbles that I could bring for us all for the Sat nite? I am going to bring some B by Black Tower wine with me as it is only 11pp for the whole bottle;) Just not sure what food to take with me.

Best of luck with WI's this week e:pveryone

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Jwacqui, Just wondering if you have a instagram account just for your ww journey. Would love to follow it to see your meals for some ideas if you have :)

I have my account linked in my signature it's mainly just for my ww journey. I don't post much else bar meals!

I lost 1lb at weigh in bring my total loss to 13.5lb in 7 weeks. Pesky 1 stone so close! Will get it next week!

Was down 4 pounds at WI today, so happy, was so scared seeing as I didntn track all week. Obviously something in my head was counting even if I wasnt writing it down:o Need to track this week though and be as good as I can seeing as I will be away all weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

Another 1.5lbs off today - its coming off slowly but at least in the right direction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

Brilliant losses!! My WI is Wednesday so I'll let you all know how it goes!

Did a serious session in the gym today. My contract at work finished up last week so I'm unemployed at the moment. Decided to make the most of it by going to the gym during the day when it's quiet. Gosh the gym is so different during the day. The weights room which is usually packed with muscle men was pretty much empty so I spent way more time lifting today. Also got to try out weight machines that there is usually a queue for!

Then went to the pool and had it to myself for most of the time! So relaxing but allowed me to really push myself without worrying that I was interrupting other swimmers in their workouts.

Though I'm slightly wrecked now! I've a feeling the Deep Heat will be lashed on before going to bed tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

WI today and was down 1.5, really feel like I'm on top of it now, sticking with F&H and allowing myself a treat if I go out at the weekend. Cut out wheat bread completely, making the porridge bread all the time. Not hungry at all!

Good luck with WI and well done on all the losses, STS and everyone that gives it a bloody good shot! Onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Missed WI this morning coz I just woke up. I was called back to work at 11.15pm last night to assist with surgery and only got home after 4am. I'm wrecked.

dellzbellz wrote: »
    . Cut out wheat bread completely, making the porridge bread all the time. Not hungry at all!

Hi Dellzbellz,

Would you have the receipe for the porridge bread please, would love to try it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Yet again I'm back at Weight Watchers but I'll be there every week from now on, no massive work trips to interrupt me this time. Went last night and down a pound but today I'm eating all the yummy snacks one of the guys from work brought back from India - and they love their oil in India. Must cop on for the rest of the day and stop snacking and push myself hard at touch rugby later.

Well done everyone on the losses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well done everyone.
    I missed my WI this week, have to keep the mindset, and aim for a loss next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laurabear12

Hi all,
    I am new to Boards! I am going back to ww tonight and I am equal parts looking forward to it as dreading it!!
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
    Thanks
    Laura

Hi all,
    I am new to Boards! I am going back to ww tonight and I am equal parts looking forward to it as dreading it!!
    Thanks
    Laura

Welcome! I'm a relative newbie here myself.
    Went back to ww in April after getting almost to goal last summer 2 stone and 2 pounds heavier - was devastated! I've lost 10 pounds and feel alot better already.
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hi all,
    Thanks
    Laura

No advice really except go for it Laura, and keep posting here. I find the others here a great support. I am a recent 'rejoiner', and so far so good. I felt the same as you, when rejoining, and I think I posted here before I went to the first meeting, about 4 weeks ago.
    Am back with my original leader, and she is great, so down to earth.
    Not sure how long since you were a member previously, but in my case, the 'Filling and Healthy' was new to me. I love it.
    I am also back into getting regular exercise since I rejoined, and definitely feel the better of that too. I find listening to what others say at the meeting always helps me too. Very best of luck, and once you walk in that door this evening, you will not regret it, please come back and tell us how you got on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, I am back from my holls and I had a great time, if it didn't move I ate it:). I came back on Sunday night and got straight back onto the plan on Monday and have been a complete angel so far:p so hopefully I won't have done too much damage. Anyway all will be revealed at my weigh in tomorrow.

Congrats on all the great losses and welcome to everyone who has joined or come back, its great to see this thread buzzing again:) Onwards and Downwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Dellzbellz,

Would you have the receipe for the porridge bread please, would love to try it:)

Here you go!

400g porridge oats
    500g fat free natural yogurt
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into a well greased 2lb loaf tin. Bake at gas mark 4 / 180 degree Celsius oven for 40-50 mins. Cool on wire rack.
    Can be sliced into 16 slices. 3 propoints per slice or free on Filling & Healthy.

I sometimes add some pumpkin seeds to mine and also find that if you take it out of the tin and pop it back into the switched off oven for five mins it gives it a nice crunchy crust!

Love it with the cheat jam - 500g frozen strawberries stewed over a low heat for 20 mins, when cooled slightly, sprinkle on one sachet of sugar free jelly. Stir well and add to a jam jar. Keeps for about 2 weeks in the fridge but never lasts that long!!!

On nom nom! :)

dellzbellz wrote: »
    Here you go!

400g porridge oats
    500g fat free natural yogurt
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt

Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Spoon the mixture into a well greased 2lb loaf tin. Bake at gas mark 4 / 180 degree Celsius oven for 40-50 mins. Cool on wire rack.
    Can be sliced into 16 slices. 3 propoints per slice or free on Filling & Healthy.

I sometimes add some pumpkin seeds to mine and also find that if you take it out of the tin and pop it back into the switched off oven for five mins it gives it a nice crunchy crust!

Love it with the cheat jam - 500g frozen strawberries stewed over a low heat for 20 mins, when cooled slightly, sprinkle on one sachet of sugar free jelly. Stir well and add to a jam jar. Keeps for about 2 weeks in the fridge but never lasts that long!!!

On nom nom! :)

That sounds lovely, thanks for posting it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

Well I was down 4.5lbs this week!! Still kinda in shock to be honest! I knew I had worked hard this week but thought a solid 2lb would be the result. So this means I've lost 1st 2.5lbs.

So I reached my first goal! Woohoo! :D Only nine more goals to go! Also got my 5% sticker as well, so to say I'm chuffed is an understatement!

We had loads of girls getting silver sevens and awards today in the meeting. There was one girl who's lost well over 50lbs!!! Personally as someone who has a lot of weight to lose I found this really motivating as she was so stylish and looked so healthy that I thought she was a girl who joined WW to lose 10lbs or something. I was shocked when the leader talked about her achievements.

I need a kick up the arse. I've literally lost nothing in well over 6 months. I can't get my head into it. :(

Well I was down 4.5lbs this week!! Still kinda in shock to be honest! I knew I had worked hard this week but thought a solid 2lb would be the result. So this means I've lost 1st 2.5lbs.

So I reached my first goal! Woohoo! :D Only nine more goals to go! Also got my 5% sticker as well, so to say I'm chuffed is an understatement!

We had loads of girls getting silver sevens and awards today in the meeting. There was one girl who's lost well over 50lbs!!! Personally as someone who has a lot of weight to lose I found this really motivating as she was so stylish and looked so healthy that I thought she was a girl who joined WW to lose 10lbs or something. I was shocked when the leader talked about her achievements.

Well done:) and Congrats on your first stone, I did exactly the same and broke my weight down into small goals. Keep it up and soon you will be that girl that everyone is taking their motivation from:)

I need a kick up the arse. I've literally lost nothing in well over 6 months. I can't get my head into it. :(

Hi, We all go through times like this but at least you have never given up and you are always trying and that is half the battle. You will get there just enjoy your new figure and keep going and even if it takes another six or eight months you will get there. You are still over 50 pounds down and that is some achievement.

Lets start with the positives - you have pretty much maintained for 6 months. Speaking from experience this is itself is an achievement.
    You have come so far so don't be too hard on yourself.

I think you need to set yourself some small goals - if I lose 2.5lbs and keep it off after a week, then I will get my nails done or whetever you find enjoyable as a non-food treat.

I have a pair of trousers that I can't zip up and everytime I get demotivated, I try them on to keep myself focused - so maybe buy something in your next target size and keep it visible.

Everyone has a different trigger - can you remember what kept you going as you were dropping all those pounds?

WOW - thats brilliant! Well done!

We were only talking about a similar story this week in our class. This really skinny girl was at the meeting and I thought to myself 'What's she doing here?' - and it turned out she had lost nearly 5 stone!!

I am going to be that skinny girl too!!!

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, I am back from my holls and I had a great time, if it didn't move I ate it:). I came back on Sunday night and got straight back onto the plan on Monday and have been a complete angel so far:p so hopefully I won't have done too much damage. Anyway all will be revealed at my weigh in tomorrow.

Congrats on all the great losses and welcome to everyone who has joined or come back, its great to see this thread buzzing again:) Onwards and Downwards.

I'm impressed. Hope that I will follow your expample when I go on my hols in July. I'm off for over 3 weeks - its going to be really tough.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. :)

At my last WI, which was last Wednesday (I missed yesterday), I was 9st 5lbs meaning I have 12lbs to go. My birthday is at the end of August. I'd love to be at goal for it. I'd have to lose around 1lb per week if I want to get there by then.

However, I definitely gained between last week and this week. I couldn't possibly have STS or lost anything. I went out Sunday night, had 4 Jameson & diet coke AND got a wrap meal on the way home in Supermacs.

New start today. I've had my fruit and fibre for breakfast. I think the WW one is on offer in Dunne's Stores in case anyone is interested.

I'm heading to work soon. I won't get a chance to head for a walk at lunch. I had intended to go now but I fell back asleep, must be a knock on effect from being called back Tuesday (back to assist with surgery on a dog and was there til 3.30am). So, my plan is to go for around 40 minutes when I get home tonight. Also need to get back to my C25k. I'm up to week 8 but I'll be sticking with this week for a while until I can do the 28 minutes comfortably.

I need to just write down my plan and stick to it. I just need a bit more willpower. I know I'm 51lbs down but I really want to get to goal. If not for myself, then to irritate the people that keep telling me that I've lost enough weight and I can "come off the diet and start eating again".. :p

Advertisement