Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, Just came back from my weigh in and I was only 2lb up so for the first time I am happy with a gain:P and I did really enjoy myself. Just shows that if you get back from a weekend or a holiday and get back on the plan you can limit the damage. Anyway hopefully I will get rid of that by next week:) Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Ooohh lots of brilliant losses this week! :D Hopefully they'll rub off on me and I'll lose at least a pound this evening. I was eating rolls, rolls and more rolls during the week... awful things they are. One lb to goal, so I'll be really annoyed with myself if I'm up this week. I need a slap!

Well done Honey!! That certainly is an achievement! It just goes to show that even when we let our hair down, some of the good habits we've picked up remain. (Emphasis on some!)

Purple - I feel like I'm in a similar situation to you at the moment. Down 2 lbs one week, up 1 lb the next, down 1.5lbs, up a half... though at least I'm losing, albeit at a slow and annoying pace. My boyfriend is heading off to the World Cup soon for five weeks, so as much as I'll miss him, I know it's going to be a great time for weight loss! Bring it on! :D Are you still tracking everything you eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. :)

At my last WI, which was last Wednesday (I missed yesterday), I was 9st 5lbs meaning I have 12lbs to go. My birthday is at the end of August. I'd love to be at goal for it. I'd have to lose around 1lb per week if I want to get there by then.

I need to just write down my plan and stick to it. I just need a bit more willpower. I know I'm 51lbs down but I really want to get to goal. If not for myself, then to irritate the people that keep telling me that I've lost enough weight and I can "come off the diet and start eating again".. :p

Don't forget all you have achieved!
    No more talk of kicks up the a*se, ok? You have done and are doing brilliantly. It might be getting a bit harder now, as you get so close to goal, but you have maintained for six months, which takes willpower too.

You will definitely be at goal by the time of your birthday. Maybe have a chat with the leader, see if they have any tips?
    Best of luck in the week ahead.

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, Just came back from my weigh in and I was only 2lb up so for the first time I am happy with a gain:P and I did really enjoy myself. Just shows that if you get back from a weekend or a holiday and get back on the plan you can limit the damage. Anyway hopefully I will get rid of that by next week:) Onwards and Downwards!

Well done honeygirl! I was laughing at what you said about...if it didn't move you ate it:D. That is good going, after a holiday, and I bet you will have that gone again, in jig time.
    All the best for the week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

Today I challenged myself to do something completely different! And I had the best fun doing it!

I've always wanted to cycle in the Phoenix Park. But I haven't gotten on a bike for about 12-14 years!! So I convinced a friend to join me and today we headed off to bike through the park. It was tough! My fitness is poor so there was a lot of breaks and coasting on the bike when I could but it actually felt so great to be out and free in the park. I actually can't wait to do it again! It was only €5 for 2.5 hours and I had brought a little bit of a picnic with me.

Only downside is that my legs and ...ahem... 'girly bits'.... are a little bit sensitive this evening. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thanks for the replies ladies, I appreciate it. I haven't been tracking much but I did today. I think that's part of the problem tbh. I'm heading up to bed soon to do some planning. I did go for a walk this evening so I feel like I could be back in the groove! I'm taking myself out for lunch tomorrow. I'll either have a wrap (which the café have already ProPointed on the menu) or a Caesar Salad. Anyone hazard a guess at points for the salad?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

First weigh in since going back to class last night...was down 3 lbs :) So half a stone off being back to where I was before! Happy days :) Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I unfortunately will be stuck in college. Everyone is doing amazingly well!
    xx

granniecaz wrote: »
    First weigh in since going back to class last night...was down 3 lbs :) So half a stone off being back to where I was before! Happy days :) Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I unfortunately will be stuck in college. Everyone is doing amazingly well!
    xx

Hi granniecaz, Well done! 3lb in one week is brilliant keep going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

Did anyone else do wonderfully and then fall off the wagon...gain a stone and get so unmotivated even though deep down the tight clothes and bad moods are so annoying
    how do you pull yourself back up and talk urself back around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Did anyone else do wonderfully and then fall off the wagon...gain a stone and get so unmotivated even though deep down the tight clothes and bad moods are so annoying

I've lost about 3 and a half stone and I'm actually ridiculously unmotivated and I can't seem to get back into it. :(

• Advertisement

I've lost about 3 and a half stone and I'm actually ridiculously unmotivated and I can't seem to get back into it. :(

Just keep going to the meetings and trying and eventually something has to click. All you can do is keep trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Haven't posted in a while. Got back to goal (finally) yesterday but today im dying of the flu and want to eat everything in sight. Having a bowl of cully n sully thai chicken surprisingly low pp soup now which is helping cos it feels like im cheating but its only 6pp for the whole tub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Hi everyone, not following WW here, but I did in the past.

I used to post in an earlier version of this thread, and I was wondering about a lady who used to post a lot.

Lady Lainy was her username, and she had tough road ahead of her but her post were inspiring and she was doing her best to be upbeat

I was just wondering if anyone had any body can remember how she fared out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Think about how you felt with all the weight on, do you want to feel like that again? I wish I thought about it. I ignored the 2lb gain/1lb losses and I am back where I started (actually a few pounds heavier). I had lost 3 and a half stone and needed to lose another 5 stone on top of that, now I've to lose almost 9 stone. My problem is I don't stop and think, I suppress my thoughts with food. For anyone struggling, stop for a moment and have a quiet think about what you want and where you want to go, re-evaluate your goals and aspirations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

I have been thinking about posting here again for a while now but saw your post and thought I should reply. I joined WW back in September 2010 when I had 3 stone to lose. I lost 2 stone before I got complacent and stopped going. Since July 2012 I have regained those 2 stone plus another 2 stone on top. That's a lot of weight in such a short time. I rejoined WW but could never get back into it. I would go to a class and lose a few lbs. After a few weeks I would have a bad week and gain back what I had lost and it became a vicious cycle. Eventually those few lb gains started to pile up. I became a bit obsessed with rejoining WW. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I went to a new meeting a rejoined.

Here's a few things I have learned about the last 2 years. The first is find a meeting you like and stick to it. Go to your meeting even after a bad week. A good leader will never judge you and the bad week is the week you need your meeting the most. Think of it like an AA meeting. If you have a bad day/week, forget about it and move on. One bad week will give you a few lbs gain but giving up will gain you a few stone.

Take it a day at a time and plan your meals out in advance. Really pay attention to the quality of food you are eating and the amount of junk food you are eating. I'm trying to eat cleaner now and it really is working. I lost 4lbs in my first week of sticking to simple start and eating good healthy food. I'm not pushing clean eating or anything like that but I'm learning from my past experience. The first time I did WW I abused the system. I stuck to my points but I was eating a lot of junk food and eating wraps for dinner. Because I never learned about nutrition and the quality of food, it was so easy to gain back the weight and more. This time I am focusing on the long term and eating in a way that I can maintain my weight for the rest of my life. You need to lose the weight in a way that you can keep it off for the rest of your life. Do what works for you.

I'll finish by saying that it is a lot harder to lose the weight a second time. Its hard to shake the anger and regret at regaining and I find myself willing myself to get back to where I was previously. Don't let one bad week get the better of you. Just keep plugging away at it and you will get there. Giving up is not the option!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Also for anyone struggling, I would advise reading The Skinny Doll blog post from April 18th, titled I'm Done weigh in 3. It really is a brilliant post and it was what got me going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

choccylover, I have been a member of WW for almost 3 years and I have lost and re-gained the same 1stone about 3 times now! I get to a place where I'm happy with my weightloss, the last time being 19lbs but then get complacent and just lose interest! Inevitably I re-gain most of, if not all plus more of the weight I've lost. Just stick with it :) Keep going to meetings and every 1lb lost, use it to motivate yourself. Just remember why you are doing this and I always think of how happy I feel when I have a loss at weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

Thanks so much for the last few posts. Found them very inspirational.
    yes its all about eating nourishing food and not starving yourself all week
    and then eating junk all weekend. Its about finding the right balance of good food
    that fills you up. For me its about sticking to above but i have to cop on and keep at it
    and not give up just because i had a bad couple of weeks. Back I go Wednesday so
    PS If you did the prepay do you have to use it consecutively or can you still use it if you skipped a week
    thanks again for all your good points

Thanks so much for the last few posts. Found them very inspirational.
    yes its all about eating nourishing food and not starving yourself all week
    and then eating junk all weekend. Its about finding the right balance of good food
    that fills you up. For me its about sticking to above but i have to cop on and keep at it
    and not give up just because i had a bad couple of weeks. Back I go Wednesday so
    PS If you did the prepay do you have to use it consecutively or can you still use it if you skipped a week
    thanks again for all your good points

Hi Choccylover, yes you can still use the prepay tho I think there is some sort of fee that you have to pay on top of it, my friend does the prepay and misses weeks all the time.

I have been a member of weight watchers for about 11years now. I lost two stone with them the first time and kept it off for years.. Then a few years ago I put it all back on and another two stone with it and I hated myself. When I did finally decide to try and lose the weight and joined weight watchers again I lost very little weight in the seven months. It was in May 2013 that I gave myself a kick and registered here and started to lose the weight. I only ever thought of a half stone at a time because otherwise it was too much. I am so embarrassed to say I was over 14 stone at my heaviest and now I am in the 10 stones. If I can do it anyone can. I have really bad weeks where I might go up a half a stone but I go back to the meetings and try again and eventually it comes off.

Just keep trying:)

Duffy89 wrote: »
    I have been thinking about posting here again for a while now but saw your post and thought I should reply. I joined WW back in September 2010 when I had 3 stone to lose. I lost 2 stone before I got complacent and stopped going. Since July 2012 I have regained those 2 stone plus another 2 stone on top. That's a lot of weight in such a short time. I rejoined WW but could never get back into it. I would go to a class and lose a few lbs. After a few weeks I would have a bad week and gain back what I had lost and it became a vicious cycle. Eventually those few lb gains started to pile up. I became a bit obsessed with rejoining WW. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I went to a new meeting a rejoined.

Here's a few things I have learned about the last 2 years. The first is find a meeting you like and stick to it. Go to your meeting even after a bad week. A good leader will never judge you and the bad week is the week you need your meeting the most. Think of it like an AA meeting. If you have a bad day/week, forget about it and move on. One bad week will give you a few lbs gain but giving up will gain you a few stone.

Take it a day at a time and plan your meals out in advance. Really pay attention to the quality of food you are eating and the amount of junk food you are eating. I'm trying to eat cleaner now and it really is working. I lost 4lbs in my first week of sticking to simple start and eating good healthy food. I'm not pushing clean eating or anything like that but I'm learning from my past experience. The first time I did WW I abused the system. I stuck to my points but I was eating a lot of junk food and eating wraps for dinner. Because I never learned about nutrition and the quality of food, it was so easy to gain back the weight and more. This time I am focusing on the long term and eating in a way that I can maintain my weight for the rest of my life. You need to lose the weight in a way that you can keep it off for the rest of your life. Do what works for you.

I'll finish by saying that it is a lot harder to lose the weight a second time. Its hard to shake the anger and regret at regaining and I find myself willing myself to get back to where I was previously. Don't let one bad week get the better of you. Just keep plugging away at it and you will get there. Giving up is not the option!

Hi Duffy, Glad to see that you are back and I hope you are well. Try and lose the anger and regret I had a lot of that aswell but unfortunatly I found that does not get the weight off, just keep trying and you get back on top of it. If there is anything I can do to help or support you just let me know. I remember you had a blog aswell so I firmly believe you will get back on track. Take care xx

• Advertisement

Also for anyone struggling, I would advise reading The Skinny Doll blog post from April 18th, titled I'm Done weigh in 3. It really is a brilliant post and it was what got me going again.

Thanks, Just read that because I am having a rubbish week and I have to say its helped. Just sent the other half to the shops with a list so as I can get back on track:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!

Had my 8th weigh in today. I lost 1.5lb bringing my total loss to 1st 1lb. I'm delighted. Also had my last exam today, they started a month ago and I am over the moon that I have managed to get through them and have had a loss each week so far!

I am loving filling and healthy. I am so full and loving my food everyday and am always full! Best of luck to everyone over the bank holiday!

I am waiting on an Indian which is gonna use all of my weeklies!! Can't wait!!

Down 1lb tonight, delighted with that. I love the Filling and Healthy.
    I intend to use sone of the weeklies tonight :D.

Best of luck everyone for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

This post is just what I needed to see! Fair play Duffy. I have a very similar story and I rejoined this morning. When I initially joined years ago I weighed in at 12 stone 7 lbs and when I stopped going I was at a healthy 10 stone 5 lbs and felt on top of the world. I managed to keep the weight off for almost years and then it slowly started to creep up. I'm now starting again at 11 stone 10.5 pounds so here's to losing it slowly but surely.

Best of luck to all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

I'm down 3.5 lbs this week. So proud of myself as had a few nights out and just planned for them and avoided temptations of hangover food.

I can really feel it in my clothes now ( down 1 st 3 pounds overall) - not dropped a dress size yet - but they are loose and not bursting at the seams.
    This weekend will be tough - as long as I am in my routine, I can keep on the straight and narrow. But add in the extra day and I really struggle.
    Nearly half way there! 1 stone 4 pounds to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 11weeks

Hi all, was doing well on WW but then the birthday struck so I decided to give myself the "weekend off “and enjoy the "cake", well that was nearly two weeks ago and ate everything in sight for the two weeks, the tracking went out the window and 4 pounds went up...so fast but can definitely see how it did. Four pounds, it makes a huge difference clothes wise, all my jeans are wedgered again, here’s the sun shining and I’m covered up top to toe again.. Like all said before when I got weighed again was so fed up/annoyed/peeved off with myself but what’s done is done so I took drastic action and got a programme in the Gym, can hardly walk today my legs are that sore but with good effort and perseverance the damage will be reversed and hopefully show a better result on the scale next week.

As I always have just followed propoints, I was wondering if someone could advise with regard to the filling and healthy, do you still have the 49 weeklies to use however you like?, any information would be appreciated. Thanks.!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Birthday tomorrow and flying out on my hols, only consolation is that there won't be cake!!! Holiday food though...bread, bread and more bread. Fingers crossed for a clean, lean & healthy food holiday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

Was down 2.5lbs this week. Very happy with that. But what is better is when I started WW I was a size 26 in New Look jeans. Today I bought a size 22 :D OMG!! I was so happy I told everyone in the class!! I know 22 is still massive but for me it's such an achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

Was down 2.5lbs this week. Very happy with that. But what is better is when I started WW I was a size 26 in New Look jeans. Today I bought a size 22 :D OMG!! I was so happy I told everyone in the class!! I know 22 is still massive but for me it's such an achievement!

you are doing so well!

• Advertisement

Hey everyone, Congrats on all the great losses! I have to take a leaf out of your book and start working again this week as I was 2lb up and there are no excuses. It is my time of the month but I cant blame it on that because it was sandwiches:pac: My husband brought sliced bread into the house this week and Jeekers I can turn my nose up to any bread but not sliced bread as it calls to me. I made every variation of sandwich on the planet, Have to say tho I enjoyed them:). So since my hols I am 4 pounds up in total. Will take this kick in the backside and will be down next week. On a good note tho my friend who has been really struggling got her first stone this week so I am delighted for her:)

Hope you all have a great week!

Advertisement