Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

I am feeling really weak - have that Friday feeling and its only Thursday of a long weekend!
    I am normally so good but couldnt resist the choc this afternoon at work - and I have been super at the resisting temptation up to now!
    Think I need to try on some clothes that are too tight for me to snap me back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've been really struggling since I had to change to a new meeting, I've been up and down and I literally haven't lost anything since well before Christmas. I have no idea how to get back on track. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I've been really struggling since I had to change to a new meeting, I've been up and down and I literally haven't lost anything since well before Christmas. I have no idea how to get back on track. :(

I'm not a weightwatcher anymore but some ideas maybe?

*make out a plan for the week, a full plan of your days and what you'll eat. Get the shop done so that the food is there to be cooked. An idea I got back when I did ww is maybe to follow a week where you had a good loss. Pull out the old tracker and use it.
    *throw out the rubbish. I HATE wasting food but sometimes it's the best way of stopping yourself!
    *Stick a picture of yourself at either end of the scale on your phone as a reminder of where you've come from, or where you want to go. I used to have a dress I wanted to fit into as my wallpaper for ages.
    *Log on here everyday and post your points intake for the day. I used to have a food diary here before they closed them and it was great for accountability. I knew there would be people wondering where I was! :rolleyes:
    *Instagram: I've found this great lately. I follow lots of healthy eating and fitness people (some are pure eejits and OTT) but they give you some nice ideas for food and sometimes seeing someone else being really on track pushes you to get on track. I post my pics up there too as, again, there's an accountability.

Hope these help and I don't sound too preachy!:o I've been there, done that having lost a good bit myself too and there are some times you just can't push yourself back. x

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Down another 3 lbs this week :) Woohoo!

I know you want to loose - but it really is an achievement to maintain as well - so don't be too hard on yourself.

How about setting an exercise goal? Running a 10k or climbing up a tough hill.
    I find if I do that, then the healthy food falls in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm not a weightwatcher anymore but some ideas maybe?

*make out a plan for the week, a full plan of your days and what you'll eat. Get the shop done so that the food is there to be cooked. An idea I got back when I did ww is maybe to follow a week where you had a good loss. Pull out the old tracker and use it.
    *throw out the rubbish. I HATE wasting food but sometimes it's the best way of stopping yourself!
    *Stick a picture of yourself at either end of the scale on your phone as a reminder of where you've come from, or where you want to go. I used to have a dress I wanted to fit into as my wallpaper for ages.
    *Log on here everyday and post your points intake for the day. I used to have a food diary here before they closed them and it was great for accountability. I knew there would be people wondering where I was! :rolleyes:
    *Instagram: I've found this great lately. I follow lots of healthy eating and fitness people (some are pure eejits and OTT) but they give you some nice ideas for food and sometimes seeing someone else being really on track pushes you to get on track. I post my pics up there too as, again, there's an accountability.

Hope these help and I don't sound too preachy!:o I've been there, done that having lost a good bit myself too and there are some times you just can't push yourself back. x

I absolutely second everything doctorwhogirl says here and will be taking her advice myself. Instagram is actually fab and can be a great visual for looking back over good days and getting food inspiration from other people.

I have had a very up and down couple of months. I am training for a half marathon so my exercise has been through the roof but I just can't get a handle of the food part. I am running 30-40km per week and while I find I can stay on track with my eating Monday-Thursday, all hell is breaking loose at the weekend and my weight has creeped back up. I am now at 11st which is 7lbs above goal. I would love to say I have 'built muscle' and while I know my legs are toning up, the weight gain isn't down to muscle as I can tell with my clothes my tummy is getting a wee bit bigger.

I'm going to go back to only allowing myself one treat day per week where I use my weeklies and see how I manage the rest of the week. Filling & Healthy doesnt work for me as I tend to use up my weeklies on healthy fats like avocado & nuts and then I still want to have my 49pp in alcohol, chocolate and takeaway. So I am back to counting propoints but I am making my daily choices from the filling & healthy list and some healthy extras and trying to limit any processed foods to being taken from my weeklies.

I have the mini marathon this Monday and once that is over I have until october until the half marathon so I am going to add some weights into the mix. 2 days full weight training in the gym, 4 runs a week and then 1 full rest day.

My 30th is less than 2 months away and I want to be back at goal for that. It is so much harder to lose this last 7 lbs for the second time around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Hi Guys

Does anyone have a link to working out how much pro points you are allowed a day?

I've tried some of the different calculators online and i'm getting everything from 31 to 40 PP a day.

Thanks

tiny_penguin - I'm looking for my next exercise goal. When and where is the half marathon? The Oct bank holiday weekend?
    I can run 10k at the moment - how much time do you think it will take to get to a half marathon fitness?
    For various reasons, I won't be able to devote time to proper training until Aug - would 8 weeks be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

leesider77 wrote: »
    tiny_penguin - I'm looking for my next exercise goal. When and where is the half marathon? The Oct bank holiday weekend?
    I can run 10k at the moment - how much time do you think it will take to get to a half marathon fitness?
    For various reasons, I won't be able to devote time to proper training until Aug - would 8 weeks be enough?

The one I am doing is the Galway Bay half marathon and is the first weekend of October. 8 weeks could be enough time to get through. I am starting a proper training programe that last 16 weeks next tuesday but you may be able to find an 8 week one online. Even if you have to walk some of it, it would still be a great achievement.

I have been doing a sub 60 minute 10k program since the start of March and am up to running 16k.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Hi,

I've had an awful few weeks & put up 1/2 a stone in 3 weeks. We had a tragic bereavement in the family so my eating went out the window, and on top of that I've pulled a muscle so can't get out for a walk/run so I'm just sitting eating and drinking.

I'm going to do a healthy shop today but everyone keeps calling with cakes etc and I can't resist them! I know in my heart that I've come too far to let myself go back to the weight I was but it's a huge struggle. I feel crap from eating crap!!!

Rant over time to get off my ass & make it work for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday weekend! I had my 9th weigh in today and I was down 2lb! That's 1st 3lb in 9 weeks. I'm chuffed! Booked our holiday the weekend. We are going to Florida in 6weeks. 5more weigh ins to go. I want to be down 1st 7lb by then and I think it's very doable.

I know I've said it before but I'm loving Filling & Healthy! In all my years of ww I've done points but I think I've been converted with the success of filling and healthy.

Onwards and Downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Angel2009

Hi everyone,

Joining up here to hopefully get motivated and get some support and maybe even a kick in the backside. I have a very long history with weight watchers, it has been successful for me, the only reason I'm back is because I can't control my eating. I literally need to eat every couple of hours. I start every morning off really well, then by the time the afternoon comes I have eaten maybe 4 slices of bread, 6-8 biscuits, and then I lose track altogether.

I eat out of boredom. I don't think when I eat. It's so unconscious that sometimes I don't even remember eating, the only way I know I have eaten some of the crap I have is because it's not in the press iykwim!

Anyway, here I am again. 5'4" and 11 stone 9 pounds. I can't currently afford the meetings,the nearest is about 25km away. I have ALL the literature from weight watchers so I'm going to complete it at home. I want to get the 9.5 stone by Christmas, that's 2 stone 2 pounds in 6 months. 30 pounds. When I look at it in pounds it seems easier! 5 pound a month.

It seems doable.
    I am going to log in every night and just say what my propoints were in the day. I won't have the time to go through all I've eaten, but by putting in my points I know I will keep on track.

This needs to be the last time I do this. I yoyo diet all the time, and the only one tht ever really worked for me was weight watchers.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Hi guys,

I joined weight watchers two and a half years ago and stayed at my goal weight for about a year. I started putting on weight again but have since lost half a stone through ww. I joined when it was 29 points daily not 26 and have been sticking to that. I tried 26 points for 2 weeks and felt like it it really worked well! I have always refused to try filling and healthy and simple start as I like to have flexibility of what I eat and have a fear of not calculating portions etc! I'm off on holidays in 4 weeks and need to lose 6-7 pounds before I go. Should I try filling and healthy? or is it any better than normal points system? Thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
    Got my 5% award tonight, another pound gone, very happy. Setting a target now to hit a stone by end of June.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have always refused to try filling and healthy and simple start as I like to have flexibility of what I eat and have a fear of not calculating portions etc! I'm off on holidays in 4 weeks and need to lose 6-7 pounds before I go. Should I try filling and healthy? or is it any better than normal points system? Thanks for your help!

Hey corkgirl I was the same as you. Lost weight using propoints never understood
    How F&H could work so never wanted to try it.

I've been on the filling and healthy plan for the last 9 weeks and in the last 9 weeks I've lost 20lbs. I really enjoy the plan.

There's much more freedom in it that you might think. Little tip keep portion control under control with the help of a kitchen scales!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 choccylover

Natmus wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had an awful few weeks & put up 1/2 a stone in 3 weeks. We had a tragic bereavement in the family so my eating went out the window, and on top of that I've pulled a muscle so can't get out for a walk/run so I'm just sitting eating and drinking.

I'm going to do a healthy shop today but everyone keeps calling with cakes etc and I can't resist them! I know in my heart that I've come too far to let myself go back to the weight I was but it's a huge struggle. I feel crap from eating crap!!!

Hi
    Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain...had sad news here too and the last 3 weeks have been just eating and eating and zero exercise and you are sooo right...you feel so crap when you eat crap but sugar is sooo addictive that you find it hard to break the cycle. Anyway I ranted here last week and did nothing about it. Goin back tomorrow to face the music. I suppose everyone here on the same page. We all trying to lose weight and sometimes life gets in the way but we should stick together and all get back on track

Loughc wrote: »
    Hey corkgirl I was the same as you. Lost weight using propoints never understood
    How F&H could work so never wanted to try it.

I've been on the filling and healthy plan for the last 9 weeks and in the last 9 weeks I've lost 20lbs. I really enjoy the plan.

There's much more freedom in it that you might think. Little tip keep portion control under control with the help of a kitchen scales!

Agree with Loughc, I have used the filling and healthy since I joined about 6 weeks ago, and I love it. It was new to me, as I was a member previously when points were the thing, i.e. before propoints.
    I love the filling and healthy, and find there is good variety in it. You still have the 49 weeklies, for the little extras.
    Best of luck whatever you decide to go for, and keep posting here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Natmus wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Natmus, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you feel better soon. Take care and don't put yourself under too much pressure especially after losing a family member and you are injured as well. Things will settle down for you and you will get back on track. If there is anything I can do let me know. xx

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
    Got my 5% award tonight, another pound gone, very happy. Setting a target now to hit a stone by end of June.

Congrats on the 5% award! You are doing really well:) Still trying to get my own act together but I will get there:)

Natmusand choccylover, my sincere condolences.

• Advertisement

honeygirl wrote: »
    Congrats on the 5% award! You are doing really well:) Still trying to get my own act together but I will get there:)

Thanks a million honeygirl, really appreciate all the support here.
    Best of luck in the week ahead.

Hi
    Sorry for your loss. I feel your pain...had sad news here too and the last 3 weeks have been just eating and eating and zero exercise and you are sooo right...you feel so crap when you eat crap but sugar is sooo addictive that you find it hard to break the cycle. Anyway I ranted here last week and did nothing about it. Goin back tomorrow to face the music. I suppose everyone here on the same page. We all trying to lose weight and sometimes life gets in the way but we should stick together and all get back on track

Hi Choccylover, I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and you will get back on track soon.

Hey all, I started off the week as an angel but it was my birthday this weekend and I ate soo much that I fell off wagon with an unmerciful bump. My weigh in is Thursday and I think it will be the scale of shame for me again this week. Have nothing on for the next few weeks so hopefully I can sort myself out and start having losses again before I do too much damage.. Good luck everyone:)

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, I started off the week as an angel but it was my birthday this weekend and I ate soo much that I fell off wagon with an unmerciful bump. My weigh in is Thursday and I think it will be the scale of shame for me again this week. Have nothing on for the next few weeks so hopefully I can sort myself out and start having losses again before I do too much damage.. Good luck everyone:)

Belated happy birthday, hope you enjoyed it. :)
    Best of luck with the W.I.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Belated happy birthday, hope you enjoyed it. :)
    Best of luck with the W.I.

Thanks a mill! The problem is I enjoyed it too much:P

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

Long time lurker who has joined my local ww meeting for the third time and thought I'd write a little something here!

Have a friend who joined this time with me and have to say it's already feeling more do-able. Two weeks in and we're both down 4lbs but I have a long long way to go! Currently at 16 stone 10.5 pounds and I'm 5'8'' and I'm sad when I look in the mirror that I've let myself get like this.

Just can't face another summer covering myself up and wishing I could fit into all the lovely clothes in the shops!! So here goes. I'm starting my journey. Baby steps :)

cocopops wrote: »
    Long time lurker who has joined my local ww meeting for the third time and thought I'd write a little something here!

Have a friend who joined this time with me and have to say it's already feeling more do-able. Two weeks in and we're both down 4lbs but I have a long long way to go! Currently at 16 stone 10.5 pounds and I'm 5'8'' and I'm sad when I look in the mirror that I've let myself get like this.

Just can't face another summer covering myself up and wishing I could fit into all the lovely clothes in the shops!! So here goes. I'm starting my journey. Baby steps :)

Very best of luck. Baby steps are the way to go, Break down your overall target, into silver sevens, for example. Sounds like you are off to a good start, and keep posting here, it's great for the support.

cocopops wrote: »

Hi cocopops, Welcome and good luck on your journey. You will get great support here:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

hades wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Does anyone have a link to working out how much pro points you are allowed a day?

I've tried some of the different calculators online and i'm getting everything from 31 to 40 PP a day.

Thanks

Well, i signed up to WW Online, the English site as it seems to be much better than the Irish one. I was given 38PP a day to use along with the 49PP weekly allowance.

Its seems like a lot, i even had 9PP left over yesterday. I'll see how it goes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Down 3.5lbs this morning after my first week back on the plan and even have TOM so extra happy with it. Reading all of your posts is a great motivator so I just want to thank ye all for the honesty and encouragement. Even though I don't post that often I always read the thread and it's fantastic.

Here's to another good week ahead.

Advertisement