Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hopefully not speaking too soon but I'm back on track. Started 2 challenges, 30 Day Ab challenge and the 30 day squat challenge. Tummy is sore! Feel good though!

Hope you're all well guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Everyone is doing amazing! Was back home for the weekend so not sure how tomorrows weigh in will go but fingers crossed! Feel like pigging out all the time as I have an exam next week and constantly feel like 'treating' myself but managing to keep it reigned in.....somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

Do you think Filling and Healthy could be done on holidays?

I'm looking for a strategy to keep me on the straight and narrow while I am on holidays for 3 weeks.
    Last year after losing 2 stone for my holidays, I went mad while I was away and never really recovered - and was back to square one in April.

I'm not looking to lose weight but if I could keep the gain to 2/3 pounds over the 3 weeks, it would be a miracle.
    I will keep up the exercise as much as possible as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Duffy, Glad to see that you are back and I hope you are well. Try and lose the anger and regret I had a lot of that aswell but unfortunatly I found that does not get the weight off, just keep trying and you get back on top of it. If there is anything I can do to help or support you just let me know. I remember you had a blog aswell so I firmly believe you will get back on track. Take care xx

Thanks Honeygirl. I'm just taking it one day at a time. My leader is starting a new Saturday class which suits my schedule much better so no excuses anymore! I am going on holidays mid July so I am going to stick to Simple Start as much as possible. I have also started the C25K and Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred so even if the weight loss is slow, the inches will show!

Hopefully not speaking too soon but I'm back on track. Started 2 challenges, 30 Day Ab challenge and the 30 day squat challenge. Tummy is sore! Feel good though!

Hope you're all well guys.

That's great you're back on track. I know how difficult it is when you're struggling. I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, but you should try and do some regular exercise along with the challenges. I did the squat one before for the full 30 days and I did notice a different but unless you plan on doing it continuously, it doesn't last. By combining it with regular exercise, you are likely to see lasting results :)
    leesider77 wrote: »
    Do you think Filling and Healthy could be done on holidays?

I'm looking for a strategy to keep me on the straight and narrow while I am on holidays for 3 weeks.
    Last year after losing 2 stone for my holidays, I went mad while I was away and never really recovered - and was back to square one in April.

I'm not looking to lose weight but if I could keep the gain to 2/3 pounds over the 3 weeks, it would be a miracle.
    I will keep up the exercise as much as possible as well.

It depends on where you're staying. If you're in self catering accommodation, then yes it could. You can do a shop when you get there and have a F&H breakfast, packed lunch and then enjoy your evening meal out with some wine. The thing I found is you are less likely to eat junk food when on holidays which is a plus. The big thing you can do is walk everywhere and try not to go too mad when eating out. Then go to your meeting when you go back. Don't try and put it off until you have lost the holiday weight.
    hades wrote: »
    Well, i signed up to WW Online, the English site as it seems to be much better than the Irish one. I was given 38PP a day to use along with the 49PP weekly allowance.

Its seems like a lot, i even had 9PP left over yesterday. I'll see how it goes :)

You need to eat your full daily allowance or you are likely to plateau further down the line. If you are struggling to use your allowance try using full fat products rather than low fat, eat healthy fats such as olive oil, avocados, cheese, oily fish. Snack on things like nuts and seeds. I recommend planning your week in advance so that you can make sure you are using your full points every day.

I agree the English site is much better. Its because the Irish WW is a separate company from the global WW company. Weight Watchers wanted to pull out of Ireland so some members decided to set up a franchise here themselves. That's why we have different resources than UK, US etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭leesider77

The one I am doing is the Galway Bay half marathon and is the first weekend of October. 8 weeks could be enough time to get through. I am starting a proper training programe that last 16 weeks next tuesday but you may be able to find an 8 week one online. Even if you have to walk some of it, it would still be a great achievement.

I have been doing a sub 60 minute 10k program since the start of March and am up to running 16k.

I am seriously tempted to do this - I found a 12 week training plan that I could work towards.
    The course looks really nice as well - very flat :-)
    I am untested at distances over 10k - don't know how my legs will react - I guess I'll never know until I try a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

leesider77 wrote: »
    I am seriously tempted to do this - I found a 12 week training plan that I could work towards.
    The course looks really nice as well - very flat :-)
    I am untested at distances over 10k - don't know how my legs will react - I guess I'll never know until I try a few.

Give it a go, you don't have to sign up straight away. I never thought I'd be able for more than 10k and I'm up to 16k. If you put your mind to it your body is capable of amazing things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Angel2009 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Joining up here to hopefully get motivated and get some support and maybe even a kick in the backside. I have a very long history with weight watchers, it has been successful for me, the only reason I'm back is because I can't control my eating. I literally need to eat every couple of hours. I start every morning off really well, then by the time the afternoon comes I have eaten maybe 4 slices of bread, 6-8 biscuits, and then I lose track altogether.

I eat out of boredom. I don't think when I eat. It's so unconscious that sometimes I don't even remember eating, the only way I know I have eaten some of the crap I have is because it's not in the press iykwim!

Anyway, here I am again. 5'4" and 11 stone 9 pounds. I can't currently afford the meetings,the nearest is about 25km away. I have ALL the literature from weight watchers so I'm going to complete it at home. I want to get the 9.5 stone by Christmas, that's 2 stone 2 pounds in 6 months. 30 pounds. When I look at it in pounds it seems easier! 5 pound a month.

It seems doable.
    I am going to log in every night and just say what my propoints were in the day. I won't have the time to go through all I've eaten, but by putting in my points I know I will keep on track.

This needs to be the last time I do this. I yoyo diet all the time, and the only one tht ever really worked for me was weight watchers.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Just to say, welcome aboard, sounds very doable, keep posting, it's great here for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nownow**

Hi every one! Managed to reach goal and 2 pounds further 2 weeks ago after a long time hanging around a the last stone! Was delighted!! Just back from a weeks holidays and managed to put on 5lbs!!! Raging with myself.. Over done it on the meals out and strawberry daiquiris! Annoyed with myself not because I spent so long trying to shift the last couple of lbs!

Shows what taking your mind off it for a week will do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

I was down half a pound this week. Really happy with that because with a first date on Friday, the Bank Holiday and my birthday yesterday - it seemed all I did was either eat or drink!! Going to have to be careful that I keep track this week so the weight doesn't appear next week!

• Advertisement

I was down half a pound this week. Really happy with that because with a first date on Friday, the Bank Holiday and my birthday yesterday - it seemed all I did was either eat or drink!! Going to have to be careful that I keep track this week so the weight doesn't appear next week!

Belated happy birthday :), and well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 veggielady

Hi all. I'm new to this board and really glad to have found it!

I've just finished my 3rd week of ww and have definitely found it to be the hardest yet :s

I went for a cheeky mexican veggie burger at weatherspoons last night as my partner and i have both had pretty rough weeks and estimated it with chips to be around 27 points using the spoons nvs(without the onion rings). Afterwards i was thinking it would have been fewer points if id have ditched the burger bun. Does anyone know approx how many points the bun would be? I was thinking maybe 4 or 5(?) I know the best thing to do is the ditch the chips, but they are my favourite bit... (and im hoping not too bad if its just a one-off thing)

Well done to all who have already lost- some really impressive results in this thread! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Hey all, Just back from my weigh in and I stayed the same this week:) I am happy enough with that. So hopefully since I am back on track I will see a loss next week. Onwards and Downwards:)

nownow** wrote: »
    Hi every one! Managed to reach goal and 2 pounds further 2 weeks ago after a long time hanging around a the last stone! Was delighted!! Just back from a weeks holidays and managed to put on 5lbs!!! Raging with myself.. Over done it on the meals out and strawberry daiquiris! Annoyed with myself not because I spent so long trying to shift the last couple of lbs!

Shows what taking your mind off it for a week will do :(

Hi nownow, I have 4.5lb to shift after my holiday and it is taking a few weeks but I will move it:p Just go back to your meeting and hopefully you will get back on track and have that 5lb off soon. Remember you have to live as well.
    veggielady wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm new to this board and really glad to have found it!

I've just finished my 3rd week of ww and have definitely found it to be the hardest yet :s

I went for a cheeky mexican veggie burger at weatherspoons last night as my partner and i have both had pretty rough weeks and estimated it with chips to be around 27 points using the spoons nvs(without the onion rings). Afterwards i was thinking it would have been fewer points if id have ditched the burger bun. Does anyone know approx how many points the bun would be? I was thinking maybe 4 or 5(?) I know the best thing to do is the ditch the chips, but they are my favourite bit... (and im hoping not too bad if its just a one-off thing)

Well done to all who have already lost- some really impressive results in this thread! :)

Hi veggie lady, Welcome! You will get plenty of support here:) You can have little treats like you did last night once you get straight back on the wagon. What you had sounds yummy:)

A belated Happy Birthday and well done for being a half pound down after the bank holiday weekend:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Hiya, I just joined weight watchers tonight did it years ago and then went to slimming world. Back to weight watchers and was given that blue folder with "flex 1" in it, nothing else.. no points guide or anything, am I missing something?

Very annoyed as I want to read through everything so I can plan ahead for the week. Don't fancy having to calculate every thing in my house :(

michellie wrote: »
    Hiya, I just joined weight watchers tonight did it years ago and then went to slimming world. Back to weight watchers and was given that blue folder with "flex 1" in it, nothing else.. no points guide or anything, am I missing something?

Very annoyed as I want to read through everything so I can plan ahead for the week. Don't fancy having to calculate every thing in my house :(

You only get the one book now and I think they hand out more as the weeks go on. For week one you are supposed to do the simple start week one. There's no pointing and it should be explained in detail in the book you were given.

If you really don't want to do simple start then you can post your stats here and someone will tell you how many points you're on. There's a calculator on the WW site where you can propoint everything. Even if you were given all the books you would still have to point everything, as the books are only generic values based on the average of different brands. So it's always best to point everything yourself to be 100% certain.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions you can always contact your leader or ask on here. Good luck!

veggielady wrote: »

It really depends on the size of the burger. The small kids size burger buns are 4 points and a normal size one is 6 points. I calculated the tesco brands so it's still not 100%.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    You only get the one book now and I think they hand out more as the weeks go on. For week one you are supposed to do the simple start week one. There's no pointing and it should be explained in detail in the book you were given.

If you really don't want to do simple start then you can post your stats here and someone will tell you how many points you're on. There's a calculator on the WW site where you can propoint everything. Even if you were given all the books you would still have to point everything, as the books are only generic values based on the average of different brands. So it's always best to point everything yourself to be 100% certain.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions you can always contact your leader or ask on here. Good luck!

But this is literally a 22 page book that doesn't give lists of propoints. She didn't even have the simple start book. I told her I wanted to point straight away anyway. I've done slimming world and I want to be in control of my points/portion sizes.

All I want to know is basic points for basic foods. This should have been provided.

She told me I have 26 points a day.

Ps thank you for your help!

michellie wrote: »
    But this is literally a 22 page book that doesn't give lists of propoints. She didn't even have the simple start book. I told her I wanted to point straight away anyway. I've done slimming world and I want to be in control of my points/portion sizes.

All I want to know is basic points for basic foods. This should have been provided.

She told me I have 26 points a day.

Ps thank you for your help!

I just had a look in my folder and you're right the flex book has nothing really in it. I'm surprised she didn't give you the simple start book as that's the book they give out now.

With regards points, you should get a little pocket book next week with all the values. For now I can give you a few basic points.

A medium egg is 2 points, 1 egg white is 0 and 2 are 1 point, chicken breast is 3 points per 100g so adjust accordingly, olive oil is 2 points per teaspoon/5g, 100ml of skimmed milk is 1 point, 60g of rice and pasta (white and brown) is 6 points, bread is generally 5 points for 2 slices and Slimbos are 3 points, 30g porridge is 3 points.

Those values are from the book but I really would advise to make a list of all your staples and point the brands from the packaging or using the Tesco website. Some breads are 3 points for 2 slices while others can be 7 points for 2 slices so you could find yourself going over or under. If you are having more than one of anything, you need to calculate the points based on the amount you are having. An example is a time out bar. One finger is 2 points but if you put in the nutritional values for 2 fingers it'll come up as 5 points.

Hope that helps a little bit and next week ask your leader for the pocket guide which will have the full list of foods.

• Advertisement

I just had a look in my folder and you're right the flex book has nothing really in it. I'm surprised she didn't give you the simple start book as that's the book they give out now.

With regards points, you should get a little pocket book next week with all the values. For now I can give you a few basic points.

A medium egg is 2 points, 1 egg white is 0 and 2 are 1 point, chicken breast is 3 points per 100g so adjust accordingly, olive oil is 2 points per teaspoon/5g, 100ml of skimmed milk is 1 point, 60g of rice and pasta (white and brown) is 6 points, bread is generally 5 points for 2 slices and Slimbos are 3 points, 30g porridge is 3 points.

Those values are from the book but I really would advise to make a list of all your staples and point the brands from the packaging or using the Tesco website. Some breads are 3 points for 2 slices while others can be 7 points for 2 slices so you could find yourself going over or under. If you are having more than one of anything, you need to calculate the points based on the amount you are having. An example is a time out bar. One finger is 2 points but if you put in the nutritional values for 2 fingers it'll come up as 5 points.

Hope that helps a little bit and next week ask your leader for the pocket guide which will have the full list of foods.

yep she had run out of the simple start and said she would post it, which means I would probably get it by Tuesday maybe? But I want to start on points anyway.

Thanks a million for that, I spent about 45 mins trying to point for my lunch in work tomorrow, going to pop to Tesco then to pick up some bits after work so hopefully I will get through this week with a loss. I was just disappointed as I was hoping it would be a great new start for me. Just need to get organized and research stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

STS last night :( Was a bit disappointed tbh. Going to try stay on track though and hope for a loss next week. Have my exam Tuesday so fingers crossed I don't fall off the wagon after that once I get my life back!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend :)

granniecaz wrote: »
    STS last night :( Was a bit disappointed tbh. Going to try stay on track though and hope for a loss next week. Have my exam Tuesday so fingers crossed I don't fall off the wagon after that once I get my life back!

It's disappointing when that happens, bet you will have a good loss next week.
    Best of luck in the exam!

granniecaz wrote: »

Hi granniecaz, You have done really well the last few weeks but don't lose heart because the scale didn't go down this week, you have been good so it will show on the scales next week. Anyway stay the same is brilliant. Good luck with the exam:)

My class leader phoned me today and said she had the 2 leaflets (simple start and the food guide) she found the food guide in there after I left. So she drove in to meet me to give them to me, such a nice lady!!! Looking forward to going in on Thursday. All motivated and going great so far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Hi there,

I have rejoined ww and doing filling & healthy, I have 8 weeks to my hols so hoping I can really focus and get some results in the next 8 weeks! I have about 1 1/2 stone to lose

Hey all, Since I came back from my holiday I am really struggling:( I am fighting the urges to eat crap and at the moment I am losing more then winning. I am not going to give up and I will keep attending my meetings and I will keep trying and hope that my motivation comes back. I can feel the 5lb I put on the last few weeks in my clothes and you would think that would get me motivated but no:mad: I am a lost cause:( So pissed off and embarrassed that I am doing this to myself:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21 corkgirl111

Thanks a million Loughc and Lynngrace, really appreciate the advice. I am slowing getting to goal for holidays in 3 weeks time. I think for the 2 weeks before the holiday I will follow filling and healthy for that extra push! just gotta keep thinking of the bikini everytime I want to reach for the biscuits! :(

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, Since I came back from my holiday I am really struggling:( I am fighting the urges to eat crap and at the moment I am losing more then winning. I am not going to give up and I will keep attending my meetings and I will keep trying and hope that my motivation comes back. I can feel the 5lb I put on the last few weeks in my clothes and you would think that would get me motivated but no:mad: I am a lost cause:( So pissed off and embarrassed that I am doing this to myself:o

Aww, honeygirl, don't be so hard on yourself. :( Everyone hits these patches. Would it help, do you think, to change around, if you are following F&H, switch to counting, or vice versa, just to get the motivation going? Is there anything different you could try on the exercise front, that might help? Anything you heard in class from someone else, that might be worth a shot? If you look back on how you did, to date, look at a particular week that went really well, and try to do whatever it was that worked well?

Remember what you have achieved so far, and how good that feels. You are always one of the first in here to help and encourage others, so some of that help and encouragement now for yourself, okay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

Third weigh in this evening and I got my first Silver Seven and my ww buddy is down 6lbs so we're feeling very proud of ourselves!! Tracking everything and drinking much more water and feeling lighter..... but have a family wedding this weekend so just hoping I don't undo all my hard work!! :) have a great week everyone!! Xxx

Advertisement