Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

ck83 wrote: »
    I think all oils are the same. It's 1pp per tsp, which is about 5ml. So your bf used 6pp worth of oil. 2pp each for oil, and whatever the potatoes weighed. I've an actifry, and I wouldn't use that much at all. . I'd use maybe two tsp, if I was making a lot of chips!

Two teaspoons? Is that enough? Do you use that little with homemade chips? If so that's great! He used the green measuring spoon that comes with it which he said is about 30mls. I don't have a clue how much it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

cosmic wrote: »
    I just discovered the loveliest 3pp treat in Aldi! They're called Spirals and taste similar to Kinder Buenos, only they're even tastier! A pack of 7 is less than €1 so they're a bargain in every sense :D

UK_Chocolate_PD_39.jpg

I've got my WI in tonight. I'm hoping to see a loss but the cold weather has made my appetite grow this week so we'll see what comes of it!

I wonder would I have it in me to just eat one of these... 21pp is a lot on a treat!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Before I go I want to ask if anyone has any ideas for lunches to bring to work, I am SO fed up of soup! =)

I've started work full time so I've been doing some research on lunches. Preferably I want as low points as possible but still filling so that I have enough points for breakfast, snacks and then a good dinner. Here's a few ideas I have.

Tuna, chopped tomato and cucumber mixed together with extra light mayo and pinch salt. I have that with 2 crackerbreads and a low low ham and cheese triangle.

Chicken and apple salad:
    2 cups cooked skinless chicken breast, cubed
    1 stalk of celery, sliced
    1 medium unpeeled apple, diced
    1/4 cup raisins
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/4 cup low fat yogurt
    1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
    1 tsp curry powder

Method:
    Place chicken cubes in a medium bowl along with sliced celery, diced apple and raisins. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder. Pour over chicken and toss to coat.
    Serve with McCambridge BB for a lunch

Chicken and Pasta Salad:
    8 ounces uncooked tube pasta (penne or ziti)
    1 medium zucchini, chopped
    1 medium tomato, chopped
    1 cup peas, thawed
    1/2 red pepper, chopped
    1 1/2 cups cooked shredded/chopped chicken breast
    1/4 cup low fat buttermilk
    1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup chopped basil
    Freshly ground black pepper

Method:
    Cook pasta according to the directions on the package. Rinse with cold water. Add chopped zucchini, tomatoes, peas, red pepper and chicken breast. Combine buttermilk and yogurt. Spoon over salad. Sprinkle basil and toss.

I've been so good this week and had my meals planned meticulously but a flat tyre has gone and ruined my plans :( I had planned to do my shop today to get what I need. I've spent the last half hour going through my kitchen trying to come up with meals with what I have but failing miserably.
    Welcome to all the newbies! Its great that the thread has life again. It makes me feel so much more motivated and positive that I can do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mossimo9

Hey everyone, well done on the losses!! Wow taz1 that's AMAZING!!

I LOVE this forum. I don't like talking too much about wanting to lose weight to the people I work with in case I don't lose enough to notice. It's great to have here. My other half knows and is good but he works outside in 36 degrees (Oz heat) and burns off his lbs no problem. Food was was never an issue to him. I'm sadly often tempted to go to mcdonslds when he wants it, but I only ever get the small SEARED sweet chilli chicken wrap meal to be good, as I watch him wolf down a large grand Angus burger ha ha!

Living in Australia has it's weight challenges, there are bbqs at people's houses almost every second evening. Huge culture here to 'have a few beers mate' in the evening time after work. It's social pressure!!

I'm going home to Ireland for a month at Christmas and if I reach my goal of 7 more lbs, I will have lost 2 stone since jan (and since family have seen me last). I really hope I can.

Has anyone done boxercise? I'm joining a '6 week Christmas chsllenge' here leading up to Xmas. 3 hrs a week. I wonder how many points per hour will I give myself?
    Any feedback on boxercise?

Keep up the great work everyone!! 

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi all,

My week is going well. I went out Saturday night but didnt drink as much as I could have ;) I also was quite good at resisting the hangover gorging! I did tag Monday and spin yesterday and this evening. The class yesterday was sooooo hard. I literally thought I was going to collapse and the instructor was on a roll, screaming at everyone to give 100%. I feel like I lost two stone last night alone!!

Quick question, my OH bought an actifry at the weekend as he doesnt like oven chips. He made homemade chips and spice burgers last night (thanks ccseli for letting us know they are only 4 points!). He did the burgers on the George Foreman so no extra points there but you have to put approx 30mls of oil into the actifry. This made 3 portions of chips as my sister is visiting. We used veg oil so how many points would that be? Also what is the best and lowest pp oil to use?

Thanks all!

I usually just add olive oil for 2 propoints for a tablespoon. Did u like the chips, I find them much better than oven chips

I STS this morning. Small miracle, consifering that I've missed my last few meetings, and basically eaten like nobody's business. That brings me in at -3stone exactly. I stayed to my meeting and really enjoyed it this week.
    I've 5lb to lose to get me to where I was before I went back to work. Hopefully that won't take too long. 7lb to my 7th silver seven, and 8 to my 50 lb cert. they're the goals I'm focusing on right now.
    I haven't felt this positive in ages. Thanks guys for all the support. Lots of new life on here lately. Making skinny dolls pepper pot beef this eve... Will let y'all know how it goes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Before I go I want to ask if anyone has any ideas for lunches to bring to work, I am SO fed up of soup! =)

I posted this on the old thread a while back when someone else was asking about vegetarian lunches:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79706565&postcount=10078

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hi all finally back on the ww wagon properly after a disaster of a summer +10lbs of a disaster, WI tonight feeling positive about it even just 1lb will be enough to keep me going..

has anyone a nice easy to make curry recipe? im a novice in the kitchen so any help would be great

well done on all the losses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

mossimo9 - My leader said the wraps in McD's are worse than the burgers!!! I think 6 chicken nuggets are 7ppt and a hamburger the same. Don't be fooled just cause it's healthy!

Taz1- WOW! Congraulations, you must be so thrilled. Well done, I'm jealous of your will power but know I'll get there someday (with blood sweat and lots of tears!!)

tryagain2012 - never thought of using those toaster bags for pittas and wraps, thanks! I need to go easy on the cheese, I tend to eat slices and slices without noticing/ counting

Eabhabear - Thanks for the lunch ideas. I mix tuna apple red onion in the extra light mayo and a bit of mustard, gives it a nice kick.

RachaelFergie - have you tried the knorr shake packs (you put the meat and veg in the bag and cook)?? I know they're not to high for the mediterrean chicken one. Avoca do a pre made curry sauce Aruba I think for 3 ppts.

Forgot to ask... I lost my purple food list book...any one know how I can replace it?! Will it cost me?

• Advertisement

ccseli wrote: »
    I usually just add olive oil for 2 propoints for a tablespoon. Did u like the chips, I find them much better than oven chips

They were delicious and the OH loved them too. And the spice burgers were yum even though OH says they are the really rubbish meat. :)

Do you use just one tablespoon of oil? Is that enough for 3 portions of chips? I will be delighted if it is as practically guilt free chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Hi folks ,put 3.5 on this week. :-(( back on here as always find it motivating ... Have been very good breakfast,lunch and tea and all the jogging and swimming - nighttime !!! ah my nightmare ,in and out of the cupboards filling my bowl with whatever ! Any ideas what to do ??
    Keep up the great work folks

has anyone a nice easy to make curry recipe? im a novice in the kitchen so any help would be great

Here's a Rosemary Conley one. I've never tried it but it looks nice. I think I might add it to my list for next week!

http://www.rosemaryconley.tv/Recipes/Main-Courses/Quick-and-Easy-Chicken-Curry.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Katie7192

CavanGal wrote: »
    Hi all,

Quick question, my OH bought an actifry at the weekend as he doesnt like oven chips. He made homemade chips and spice burgers last night (thanks ccseli for letting us know they are only 4 points!). He did the burgers on the George Foreman so no extra points there but you have to put approx 30mls of oil into the actifry. This made 3 portions of chips as my sister is visiting. We used veg oil so how many points would that be? Also what is the best and lowest pp oil to use?

Thanks all!

I dont have an actifry but we spoke anout in class before and I remember the leader and other women who had the actifry say they just used one teaspoon of oil and this did loads of chips more than enough for one person anyway! But as I said I dont have one so cant be sure. Also all oils are the same 5ml = 1pp
    Hi folks ,put 3.5 on this week. :-(( back on here as always find it motivating ... Have been very good breakfast,lunch and tea and all the jogging and swimming - nighttime !!! ah my nightmare ,in and out of the cupboards filling my bowl with whatever ! Any ideas what to do ??
    Keep up the great work folks

I know how you feel over the summer and for a few weeks after I was like this! an absolute demon would just see something and then eat it! I always feel like I deserve a little treat in the evenings so I now make sure I have 2pp/3pp left and I will have a ww rich toffee bar or a curly wurly. This seems to keep my sweet tooth at bay. If i still have the munchies I usually go for some fruit and I found it reeally helps to chop it up cause it takes longer to eat. You could also try soemthing like diet coke cause it will make you feel artificially fully so you'll be less likely to have something then? Our leader told us once to wait for 20mins and if you still have the craving them allow yourself something but if its gone you dont need anything. Its a hard habit to break but its possible. Maybe try go for a walk to break up the evening and get you away from the kitchen! Hope something helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Thanks Katie 1792
    Yes good advice ,just need to follow it !!! I think putting it on has given me the kick I need ...thanks

No Problem Carolineonecat! I know exactly how u feel im not at the same weight I was in may and its annyoed me so much Im determined to stay on track and shift this once and for all!!

Just watched "Whats Ireland Eating" my god its shocking! Will defo be going for the more healthy options now!

Katie7192 wrote: »
    Just watched "Whats Ireland Eating" my god its shocking! Will defo be going for the more healthy options now!

I was just talking to my mum about a similar topic. I finally got around to doing my shopping this evening and its become so expensive. The last week or so I've been trying to be extra good by cooking proper meals but to keep buying ingredients on a weekly basis is very expensive. Its no wonder Ireland's obesity rate is rising. Its much cheaper to buy junk food. Everywhere in Tesco junk food was buy one get one free etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Down another 1.5lbs tonight. Woo! :)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was just talking to my mum about a similar topic. I finally got around to doing my shopping this evening and its become so expensive. The last week or so I've been trying to be extra good by cooking proper meals but to keep buying ingredients on a weekly basis is very expensive. Its no wonder Ireland's obesity rate is rising. Its much cheaper to buy junk food. Everywhere in Tesco junk food was buy one get one free etc.

It really is so expensivve now! Like by the time you buy all the healthy ingredients you really see it adding up. But you can get a pizza for €3 or as you said BOGOF on all junk food! I now make a list before I go and only visit the isle i have to or better still I try get someone else to go for me! Also had to stop buyinh multipacks of crisps and that cause I found if I ever had a bad day I would just binge!
    cosmic wrote: »
    Down another 1.5lbs tonight. Woo! :)

Well done great Loss! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

So I haven't been as good as other days, so far I've used 40 ppts today luckily it's day 5 and I have 32 weeklies left, dam satin crunch are so tasty only 2 ppts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

hi all :-) just wondering if there's anyone else on here on maintenance and how they are getting on?.. i reached my goal last June, but i have continued to slowly lose weight even though my daily pp are at 35, i do use them all everyday and i also use my activity pp,s whenever i earn them, i dont save them for weekends..i tend to get lazy at tracking my 49 weeklys but i'm sure i do use them as i go out every weekend and have a few extra treats :-) i am almost 7lbs below my goal weight. my leader said not to worry as my BMI is within the healthy range.. but i am worried, lol...anyone in the same boat or has been or any advice i'd greatly appreciate....good luck to everyone in WW and for anyone who may be struggling dont give up you will get there and its a fabulous feeling!!... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

zookey wrote: »
    hi all :-) just wondering if there's anyone else on here on maintenance and how they are getting on?.. i reached my goal last June, but i have continued to slowly lose weight even though my daily pp are at 35, i do use them all everyday and i also use my activity pp,s whenever i earn them, i dont save them for weekends..i tend to get lazy at tracking my 49 weeklys but i'm sure i do use them as i go out every weekend and have a few extra treats :-) i am almost 7lbs below my goal weight. my leader said not to worry as my BMI is within the healthy range.. but i am worried, lol...anyone in the same boat or has been or any advice i'd greatly appreciate....good luck to everyone in WW and for anyone who may be struggling dont give up you will get there and its a fabulous feeling!!... ;-)

Hi there zookey, I've just got to goal myself and haven't started maintenance yet so I won't be of much help to you! You're situation is relevant to mine though. I'm currently half a pound under my goal but am planning to try shift some more weight over this week and next week before starting maintenance. The reason for this being that I'm going away for the bank holiday weekend and know that I'm definately going to be indulging and will more that likely put on some pounds.. So I guess I want to make myself a bit of a cushion in a way, and according to my leader this is fine. I had heard however that your only deemed a gold member once you do not go 5lb above or below your goal weight, is this true? I had also heard that if you go more than 5lb below your goal you have to reset your goal? I was just wondering, as although I'm happy enough at this weight I wouldn't mind being a few pounds lighter so that I never go above my goal weight.. Does any of this make sense?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ccseli

Ive just added a new post on what is a portion of fruit. I found it interesting actually, especially with Halloween coming up. Here's the Link http://theniptuckfoodblog.blogspot.ie/2012/10/weightwatchers-fruit-portions.html I hope your all having a good week:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

zookey wrote: »

Zookey, just found and read a really interesting and helpful article that might answer some of your questions. From what I gather it is okay for you to still be losing and to be that much below your goal weight as long as you are still within your healthy BMI like your leader said. I plan on trying to get my weight a bit below my goal to provide myself with a bit of a cushion, thats what you have, a cushion, so don't be worring! http://www.freewebs.com/irishtrish/Maintaining%20Weight%20Loss.pdf

And for all of those who feel that they have fallen off the wagon in one way or another, this might be helpful! http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=19111#continued

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hello all - weighed in last night and down 1.5 pounds! I'm right on the cusp of making it into the 11s.. However, I've lost a fecking point! I was enjoying that 29th point immensely when it came to a wee snack at night... However, onwards and downwards -here's to next week!

Just wondering if anyone has any recipes for pumpkin? I've only 11 points left today (just had a delicious wrap that was 10 points but completely worth it!!). I've a big huge pumpkin here and I'm dying to do something lovely with it!

Well done to everyone who is down this week and thank you for sharing all of the useful resources above (Taz that motivational piece is great - I sat down this week and wrote out about a million short term goals for myself that I will tick off as I get there!).

Katie7192 wrote: »
    I dont have an actifry but we spoke anout in class before and I remember the leader and other women who had the actifry say they just used one teaspoon of oil and this did loads of chips more than enough for one person anyway! But as I said I dont have one so cant be sure. Also all oils are the same 5ml = 1pp

Thanks Katie! Ill definitely tell the OH about this! One teaspoon?? Thats fantastic!

Ccseli thanks so much for that! I read it wrong at first though as I thought a clementine and plum were two points each. But I see thats its two fruit equals one portion. Phew!

My good week is continuing. I was good all day yesterday and went to another very hard spin class. I came home to potatoes cooked in the actifry, ham and veg and for some reason, I didnt want to snack after so I went to bed with 2 pp left. Very unlike me!

It better show on the scales tomorrow or I will cry! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

STS this week, not to impressed with that but im just going to be really good this week and hope it shows next week. Well done to everyone on your losses, loving all the motivation and tips on here this week, we'll get each other to goal :)

Hey everyone. Can't find my eat out guide, and have two questions. Was out for lunch today. Had a pizza. It was about 9-10in. Margharita. It was actually the most thinly rolled pizza I've ever had, and there wasn't a huge amt of cheese on it. So eating a whole pizza isnt as bad as it sounds!! How would ye point it? I've all my weeklies left, so it doesn't really matter, but I'd like to be as accurate as possible!
    I also had a hot chocolate. A proper hot choc from butlers, full fat milk- thankfully I'm not in cork city too often, because those kind of refreshments aren't very ww compatible!!

STS this week, not to impressed with that but im just going to be really good this week and hope it shows next week. Well done to everyone on your losses, loving all the motivation and tips on here this week, we'll get each other to goal :)

Keep at it and it'll show up next week. Unfortunately our bodies are not wired to our WW week so it could show up on the scales in the next few days.
    ck83 wrote: »
    I also had a hot chocolate. A proper hot choc from butlers, full fat milk- thankfully I'm not in cork city too often, because those kind of refreshments aren't very ww compatible!!

Can't help with the pizza but a Starbucks hot chocolate with full milk is 6 propoints so maybe go with that?

I am loving this week. I've been so good food wise and I've done a lot of exercise! I'm starting to notice the difference in my body. I'm also eating my fruit and veg. My attitude has definitely changed because despite my day being thrown into chaos yesterday, I resisted the edge to get take way for convenience. I'm also loving cooking properly. I made a gorgeous cajun chicken caeser salad for lunch and then had a treat of a homemade chicken burger for dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Worst day all week, got my period last night, forgot to bring in lunch. Had breakfast but was starving at 11 so got scone as only nice thing. Then at lunch got sambo but got king crisp n small snack bar. Then had good dinner but then had small pack of button n lidl's Linnessa low fat crisps. Disgusted with my lunch crap I bought n then my snacking. First day all week I've done no excerise. I have tracked everything n used 49 points so only have 12 weeklies left :-(

Advertisement