Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done cocopops! I can't see you undoing 7lbs of hard work in one weekend, just be sure to hold out for the treats and drinks you really like, and give the things you wouldn't usually go for a miss. It's easy to get caught up in festivities and start eating and drinking things you normally wouldn't... we're all guilty. :P Enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Been really off and on with going to weight watchers, it's like that every single time I have joined in the past. However, before, when I knew I wasn't going to be going to that weeks meeting I would allow myself to 'cheat', saying I would have it worked off before the next time I go again, and it would go in a vicious cycle which would eventually end with me quitting and putting up all the weight again. this time though, I've been going for a year and a half. It's the longest I've ever stuck with it, and although I know that I could go months without going to the weigh ins for various reasons, something in my head has clicked and I'm no longer 'cheating' just because I'm not getting weighed this week, and because of that, in the last year and a half I am now down 4 stone :D Now I still have quite a ways to go because I was one pound shy of 19 stone when I started, but I'm just sharing this to show that if you stick with it, it really does work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Aww, honeygirl, don't be so hard on yourself. :( Everyone hits these patches. Would it help, do you think, to change around, if you are following F&H, switch to counting, or vice versa, just to get the motivation going? Is there anything different you could try on the exercise front, that might help? Anything you heard in class from someone else, that might be worth a shot? If you look back on how you did, to date, look at a particular week that went really well, and try to do whatever it was that worked well?

Remember what you have achieved so far, and how good that feels. You are always one of the first in here to help and encourage others, so some of that help and encouragement now for yourself, okay?

Hi Lynngrace, Thanks for being supportive I was just having a moan and I think what I need is a kick in the backside to get me started again:P I will try change things up again maybe with filling and healthy:) Will just have to mind those portions:D Thanks again x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm going to give SS a go. Even after all my protesting. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 veggielady

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hey all, Since I came back from my holiday I am really struggling:( I am fighting the urges to eat crap and at the moment I am losing more then winning. I am not going to give up and I will keep attending my meetings and I will keep trying and hope that my motivation comes back. I can feel the 5lb I put on the last few weeks in my clothes and you would think that would get me motivated but no:mad: I am a lost cause:( So pissed off and embarrassed that I am doing this to myself:o

Hi Honeygirl just keep going and meetings will definitely help as you'll get support from others- you're defnitely not alone!

I find when im having a day like this i just don't let myself really get properly hungry by snacking on fruit and other 0 pp items etc between meals. That way i'm less likely to binge eat when it hits meal times. Although this relies on me making the effort to do a proper shop!

Good luck and i'm sure youll be back on track in no time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Hi Lynngrace, Thanks for being supportive I was just having a moan and I think what I need is a kick in the backside to get me started again:P I will try change things up again maybe with filling and healthy:) Will just have to mind those portions:D Thanks again x

That's the spirit! Oh yes, we all need a moan now and again, no kicking though!
    :)

Down 2lb at my W.I. On Tuesday night. Didn't know what to expect, going in, very happy with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

So I had my first weigh in this evening and I lost 8.5 lbs. Still in shock, actually said "what???"and laughed when she told me. Can't believe it! Thrilled with the big loss.1 stone 11 to my goal weight :)

Down 2lb at my W.I. On Tuesday night. Didn't know what to expect, going in, very happy with that!

Hi LynnGrace, Well done! 2lb loss is brilliant:)
    michellie wrote: »
    So I had my first weigh in this evening and I lost 8.5 lbs. Still in shock, actually said "what???"and laughed when she told me. Can't believe it! Thrilled with the big loss.1 stone 11 to my goal weight :)

My god 8.5lb for your first week is fab congrats! I have only ever lost half of that no matter how good I was. Go you:)

Will have to take my inspiration from both of you, your doing so well

I'm going to give SS a go. Even after all my protesting. :p

Good am glad to see you have got your mojo back, I am going to try simple start aswell:) So hopefully there will be less of both of us next week:P

• Advertisement

Hi LynnGrace, Well done! 2lb loss is brilliant:)

Thanks a million, onwards and downwards for all of us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mess2success

Well had my weigh in on Wednesday. I was UP 5lbs! But it was totally deserved and right before WI I had a 3 course meal that included dough balls and cheesecake - so I knew nothing good would come of that :D Just gotta get back on track this week. I'm finding it difficult these past few weeks because I've started seeing someone and it's so easy to go out for food together or drinks. Must start choosing salads over pizzas! And not give into a hungover Big Mac!! Sure no wonder I was up 5lbs!! :D Onwards and downwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

These things happen Mess! By the sounds of it you're really happy, so all you have to do is make a few smarter choices and you'll be back where you need to be. :)

I went back to WW last Thurs after missing two weeks and feeling like I'd thrown it all out the window. I lost two lbs and reached my goal weight! I thought I'd be up and my GW was out of sight again, but I got some of my motivation back to keep going. I set my goal for another 7 pounds lighter so hopefully I won't be long getting there. :D

Foxed wrote: »
    These things happen Mess! By the sounds of it you're really happy, so all you have to do is make a few smarter choices and you'll be back where you need to be. :)

I went back to WW last Thurs after missing two weeks and feeling like I'd thrown it all out the window. I lost two lbs and reached my goal weight! I thought I'd be up and my GW was out of sight again, but I got some of my motivation back to keep going. I set my goal for another 7 pounds lighter so hopefully I won't be long getting there. :D

Well done! That is brilliant to have reached your goal.
    When I get to mine this time, I plan to attend meetings, not weekly, but every so often, to keep the good habits going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone!

Don't think I've posted the last few weeks. I had my 11th weigh in today and I was down 1lb. That's 1 stone 3.5lb in 11 weeks. I'm thrilled.

Three more weigh ins before holidays with 2.5lb for my 1.5 stone! Feeling positive!!

The key for me is just preparation. That includes a weekly meal plan, shopping lost, not having treats in the week and also having a treat once a week to use my 49 weeklies.

Foxed wrote: »

Hi Foxed, Congratulations on getting to goal you have done really well:). I have 12lb to go to my goal so hopefully I won't take too long getting it off:D.

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

Don't think I've posted the last few weeks. I had my 11th weigh in today and I was down 1lb. That's 1 stone 3.5lb in 11 weeks. I'm thrilled.

Three more weigh ins before holidays with 2.5lb for my 1.5 stone! Feeling positive!!

The key for me is just preparation. That includes a weekly meal plan, shopping lost, not having treats in the week and also having a treat once a week to use my 49 weeklies.

Hi Jwacqui, you are doing so well:) keep going!

A pound down tonight, very happy, fingers xd to hit the stone next week. Blew some of my 49 weeklies tonight :D.
    Onwards and downwards. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

First weigh in this eve, lost 6 pounds on simple start, delighted

fennitty wrote: »
    First weigh in this eve, lost 6 pounds on simple start, delighted

Well done!

• Advertisement

Right, I'm down 2lbs since last week on my own scales. But I'm heading back to WW this morning, I haven't been in about 6 weeks and I went a bit off the rails. Time to face the music and get back on track.

Half a pound up in 5 weeks, I am shocked!!! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Really struggling with motivation. I had a terrible week last week and this Saturday will be my first class in a month since getting back to goal. And I'm going to be up at least 2. :(

I am so exhausted at the moment and that is when it gets dangerous for me and watching and pointing goes out the window. Have my weigh in tomorrow so am fighting to stay away from the kitchen:(. This week I was brilliant with the exercise and I really tried with the food but fell off the wagon a few times:P Anyway I will report back tomorrow.

I am so exhausted at the moment and that is when it gets dangerous for me and watching and pointing goes out the window. Have my weigh in tomorrow so am fighting to stay away from the kitchen:(. This week I was brilliant with the exercise and I really tried with the food but fell off the wagon a few times:P Anyway I will report back tomorrow.

Best of luck honeygirl!

Hey all, I had my weigh in and I was a half down:) So glad to be a loser again:p I will try extra hard and hopefully I will be down more next week.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and Downwards:)

Best of luck honeygirl!

Thanks a mill!

Hey all, I had my weigh in and I was a half down:) So glad to be a loser again:p I will try extra hard and hopefully I will be down more next week.

Good luck everyone. Onwards and Downwards:)

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I'm a disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Got my 50 pound certificate tonight :D

Advertisement