Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

You can be a loser too Choccy! I was in a similar position to you back in the beginning of November. I hadn't been to a meeting in a while but thought I was doing okay. Maybe up a lb or two. I went back to WW and was up 13.5 lbs! Just shy of a stone!!!!! I was so gutted. I cried my eyes out when I got home. I was really inconsolable. All my hard work had gone to waste and I didn't even realise it.

That feeling of being such a failure and so silly and naive about how easily weight can creep up has motivated me to keep going. I don't want to feel like that ever again, and I'm not going to let my hard work go to waste. I've lost 2st 4lbs since then and getting back into WW was the best thing I've done for myself. You won't regret it. Do future you a favour and start now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Foxed wrote: »
    You can be a loser too Choccy! I was in a similar position to you back in the beginning of November. I hadn't been to a meeting in a while but thought I was doing okay. Maybe up a lb or two. I went back to WW and was up 13.5 lbs! Just shy of a stone!!!!! I was so gutted. I cried my eyes out when I got home. I was really inconsolable. All my hard work had gone to waste and I didn't even realise it.

That feeling of being such a failure and so silly and naive about how easily weight can creep up has motivated me to keep going. I don't want to feel like that ever again, and I'm not going to let my hard work go to waste. I've lost 2st 4lbs since then and getting back into WW was the best thing I've done for myself. You won't regret it. Do future you a favour and start now! :)

Totally agree.
    When I rejoined, those were almost the exact words a girl said, in the class, the first night, and it really struck me.
    It's a really positive way to think of starting or for some of us re-starting the weight loss journey.

I'm a disciple of the Filling and Healthy, I really like it. It's easy to work it into everyday life, which is something that really makes it appeal to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Woop! Down 1lb so 11.5lbs to go! Delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

well done to all the weight losers....that sounds wrong but you know what i mean. I cant believe my will power at mo....soo bad. Am now 12 stone 12 pounds and was 11 6 back end April. It creeps on if you dont keep at the tracking..Anyway onwards and downwards for me i hope

Hi Choccylover, I am the same my willpower is really bad at the moment but I think life gets in the way sometimes. The difference for me this time is that since I started back I won't miss my meetings. I have four pounds to get rid of from my holiday but I figure it would be worse if I hadn't been going to the meetings. Unfortunately for a lot of us weight is going to be a constant struggle but just keep going and trying and it will pay off and you will get your willpower back. I still have 3 st 3lb off and I figure it's because I make myself accountable every week at the scale and on here. It's the only way I can do it!

Woop! Down 1lb so 11.5lbs to go! Delighted!

Hi, Glad to see you got your mojo back:)

• Advertisement

Hey all, stayed the same today. That's good because I have a lot of **** going on in my life at the moment, so hopefully I can keep myself together. Good luck everyone:) Onwards and Downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

You can pull it together Honey! Don't let it stress you too much, just start tracking, and maybe have a look back at a week you lost weight and follow your tracker from then. Well done on STS! :)

Got my 50lb certificate last night! It looks very fancy indeed! :D Last night's meeting topic of exercise really hammered it into me that I need to do more and increase my fitness. I'm just so lazy though! What does everyone on here do? I'd love to join a gym but I'd be a bit intimidated etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Can I join? :)
    I did WW years and years ago (15+ years) but it never really worked for me as I had a lack of real motivation.
    I started again in March and I don't know why but it has just clicked for me. I love the propoints system with the weekly reserve.
    Lost 400g this week, which is fine by me!
    I've lost nearly 12 kgs so far, the weightloss has started to be noticed by other people too! :)

Foxed wrote: »
    You can pull it together Honey! Don't let it stress you too much, just start tracking, and maybe have a look back at a week you lost weight and follow your tracker from then. Well done on STS! :)

Got my 50lb certificate last night! It looks very fancy indeed! :D Last night's meeting topic of exercise really hammered it into me that I need to do more and increase my fitness. I'm just so lazy though! What does everyone on here do? I'd love to join a gym but I'd be a bit intimidated etc.

Hi Foxed, Congratulations on getting your 50lb cert Jeekers you are doing brilliantly, as far as exercise is concerned I do a little bit of running when I can, I walk a lot and have an exercise video that gets dusted off every now and then. Don't be intimidated by the gym just go you will love it:)

Thanks for being supportive and I know I will get back into it eventually. Have had a couple of deaths in the family recently and its very hard to watch your diet when everything is crumbling around you. I think coming on here and going to my meeting every week helps me stay some way on track. Anyway thanks again

Can I join? :)
    I did WW years and years ago (15+ years) but it never really worked for me as I had a lack of real motivation.
    I started again in March and I don't know why but it has just clicked for me. I love the propoints system with the weekly reserve.
    Lost 400g this week, which is fine by me!
    I've lost nearly 12 kgs so far, the weightloss has started to be noticed by other people too! :)

Hi IvyTheTerrible, Welcome, You seem to have done really well so far and you will get plenty of motivation and help here. Good luck on your weight loss journey:)

• Advertisement

honeygirl wrote: »

Thanks for being supportive and I know I will get back into it eventually. Have had a couple of deaths in the family recently and its very hard to watch your diet when everything is crumbling around you. I think coming on here and going to my meeting every week helps me stay some way on track. Anyway thanks again

So sorry to hear that honeygirl. Please take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 foxxykate

Hello everyone,
    i've been dipping in and out of ww for the past few months, half heartedly tracking incorrectly, guestimating PPs etc.... I haven't gone to my meeting in weeks, I'm scared to get weighed as I know I will be up. I started a medicine called Lyrica for nerve root pain a few months ago and was warned it can increase appetite - I have found this to be true for me and this is what I am blaming my overeating on. I was 20lbs down at Christmas and 1.5 lbs from goal but I think I will have this put back on again.
    I really need to just go to my meeting but i'm dreading my leader's face :(
    Best of luck to everyone this week and congrats on all the successes to date, this board is very inspirational :)

foxxykate wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    i've been dipping in and out of ww for the past few months, half heartedly tracking incorrectly, guestimating PPs etc.... I haven't gone to my meeting in weeks, I'm scared to get weighed as I know I will be up. I started a medicine called Lyrica for nerve root pain a few months ago and was warned it can increase appetite - I have found this to be true for me and this is what I am blaming my overeating on. I was 20lbs down at Christmas and 1.5 lbs from goal but I think I will have this put back on again.
    I really need to just go to my meeting but i'm dreading my leader's face :(
    Best of luck to everyone this week and congrats on all the successes to date, this board is very inspirational :)

Hi Foxxykate, Go back to your meeting and start again, the damage might not be as bad as you think and the leader will be supportive most are because they have been in the same boat themselves at one time or another. I am the same at the moment I have no willpower but this time I have kept going to my meetings and that has limited the damage. Go back take the kick and you will be delighted with yourself in a few weeks time.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that honeygirl. Please take care of yourself.

Hi LynnGrace, Thanks so much. Things should get some way back to normal for me next week and then I will have to get back on track with no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Hi all, it's been roughly 4 months since my last weigh in & I'm 8.5lbs up. As good as my family are, i need to use this forum to get my head in the ww zone. They all say your fine as you are, don't go loosing too much weight etc but here everyone has the same mind set with the same goal. I feel I've more weight on than the scales showed as my clothes are so tight & so uncomfortable, my confidence is at an all time low so this is it!! Hate my leader as I've said before but it's not about her this is my life & I need to take control of that. I'm feeling motivated just hope it lasts! Good luck to all with their wi.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

Down 1.5 pounds tonight which I'm happy enough with! The Indian meal on Saturday was my downfall! Went to a different meeting to usual and was lovely to hear new tips from new faces. Keeps everything fresh!! Girl sitting beside me got her third stone tonight and our little chat left me feeling very motivated. Overall, feeling great so let's hope this momentum continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

Hi all

Im just back from my first ww meeting in years. I have just under 2 stone to lose and I'm really determined to do it this time.

I've been lurking around this thread for a while now and have been inspired by all the stories of good days and bad days that everyone has been through and I think having the extra support is a great way to keep on track so I'm all yours if ye'll have me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Down a pound yesterday. And every single person in the meeting lost weight! (I don't know if they do it in Ireland but here at the end of the meeting the leader gives the average weightloss and the percent of people who lost weight, we've never had 100% in that group!).

Half pound down, yay! 11 to goal! :D

Half pound down, yay! 11 to goal! :D

Go girl:) You will be at goal in a few weeks. Your doing really well:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Had my third weigh in yesterday. Lost 1/2lb which means in 13 weeks I'm down 1st 8.5lb. Delighted. I am especially thrilled that I have lost every week for 13 weeks. That has NEVER happened before!

One more weigh in until holidays. I fly out the Monday and I'm back the Wednesday so I have from thur-tue to get back on track for my weigh in. Hopefully I can limit the damage and I already have a damage control plan in place for when I come home!

Well done one and all.
    I had to miss my meeting this week, was away for a few days, for work. Kept pretty much to the straight and narrow, so fingers crossed for next week.

evadiva wrote: »
    Hi all, it's been roughly 4 months since my last weigh in & I'm 8.5lbs up. As good as my family are, i need to use this forum to get my head in the ww zone. They all say your fine as you are, don't go loosing too much weight etc but here everyone has the same mind set with the same goal. I feel I've more weight on than the scales showed as my clothes are so tight & so uncomfortable, my confidence is at an all time low so this is it!! Hate my leader as I've said before but it's not about her this is my life & I need to take control of that. I'm feeling motivated just hope it lasts! Good luck to all with their wi.
    Hi all

Im just back from my first ww meeting in years. I have just under 2 stone to lose and I'm really determined to do it this time.

I've been lurking around this thread for a while now and have been inspired by all the stories of good days and bad days that everyone has been through and I think having the extra support is a great way to keep on track so I'm all yours if ye'll have me!

Welcome aboard! I'm on here since about the end of April, and find it great for getting and giving a bit of encouragement, and it's great hearing how others are doing.
    Best of luck, and keep posting.

Jwacqui, that is amazing weight loss, well done you!

I seem to be back on track. I know 1.5lbs in two weeks isn't a huge amount but I was in a huge rut before that so I'm happy with it. :)

Jwacqui, that is amazing weight loss, well done you!

I seem to be back on track. I know 1.5lbs in two weeks isn't a huge amount but I was in a huge rut before that so I'm happy with it. :)

Well done! And don't forget the brilliant weightloss you have had so far.

52lbs down, 11lbs to go! I will get there! :D

Down a pound yesterday. And every single person in the meeting lost weight! (I don't know if they do it in Ireland but here at the end of the meeting the leader gives the average weightloss and the percent of people who lost weight, we've never had 100% in that group!).

Well done!
    What happens here, or at least it does, at any class I've attended is, the leader announces the total weight loss, for the overall group.

So embarrassed to say I was up 4lbs this week, I nearly wasn't going to go to my weigh in and I nearly wasn't going to post but if I start doing that I am only kidding myself. I need to keep being accountable. Feel free to give out to me and kick me into touch.

Onwards and Downwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

honeygirl wrote: »
    So embarrassed to say I was up 4lbs this week, I nearly wasn't going to go to my weigh in and I nearly wasn't going to post but if I start doing that I am only kidding myself. I need to keep being accountable. Feel free to give out to me and kick me into touch.

Onwards and Downwards.

Good on you for posting, I think seeing the figures in print definitely makes us more accountable & even encourages us to push ourselves harder.

I'm amazed at how much better I feel with only 2 days of back eating healthy, really need to keep this up but I'm dreading the weekend already I just always leave it go completely & fight with myself come Sunday night.

I'm going to plan better for this weekend. I nearly always get a take away but would like to do my own version, perhaps a chicken curry, mild!! anyone have any nice receipes? Any suggestions welcome thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just wondering if it would be considered okay to have a sleeping baby with me in buggy at a meeting? I'm looking to join up this week but I literally don't get time to myself without him. In dire need of joining, am 14 weeks post partum and shopping for clothes is breaking me out in tears.

Advertisement