Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Just wondering if it would be considered okay to have a sleeping baby with me in buggy at a meeting? I'm looking to join up this week but I literally don't get time to myself without him. In dire need of joining, am 14 weeks post partum and shopping for clothes is breaking me out in tears.

Hi lilmissprincess, welcome! Ofcourse it's ok to bring babies to the meeting. The meeting I go to is full of mothers with their children. Join this week and in a few weeks time you won't know yourself and you will be so happy clothes shopping:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There are often babies in my meeting, it's no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Same here, usually babies and toddlers at my meeting. It's not a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I brought him, he fussed at the start but fell asleep on my chest as the meeting started and slept through the whole thing :) I don't think sweet things have ever spoken to me so much in the supermarket, but am after stocking up on my fruit and veg now to get off to a good start. Fingers crossed it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I brought him, he fussed at the start but fell asleep on my chest as the meeting started and slept through the whole thing :) I don't think sweet things have ever spoken to me so much in the supermarket, but am after stocking up on my fruit and veg now to get off to a good start. Fingers crossed it works!

Good luck with it! I am really trying to get back into it again and try and get my willpower back before I do too much damage. Hopefully there will be good weight losses for us all next week:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

I don't think sweet things have ever spoken to me so much in the supermarket, but am after stocking up on my fruit and veg now to get off to a good start. Fingers crossed it works!
    Of course it'll work lilmiss! If you stick to the allowed foods and/or count your points, you absolutely cannot go wrong. Best of luck with this week, I'm sure you'll do great. :)

Foxed wrote: »
    Of course it'll work lilmiss! If you stick to the allowed foods and/or count your points, you absolutely cannot go wrong. Best of luck with this week, I'm sure you'll do great. :)

Agreed.
    Best of luck and keep posting, there is great support here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

I'm really looking forward to my weigh in on tuesday. Ive been so good all week, even resisted the urge to get a bottle of wine last night and have been out walking every day barre one.

Is expecting to lose 6 pounds int he first week a bit optimistic? Thats my goal (just for this week as I've read everywhere that you lose the most on the first week) but I dont want to come away feeling disappointed on tuesday eve cos then I think I may lose a bit of motivation and I dont want that to happen either...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Hi. Could anyone recommend a good, friendly gym on the north side of Dublin? Need to start exercising but a bit concerned about gyms. Haven't been in one for over ten years. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Hello all, I'm starting tomorrow for the first time. With 13 weeks until I get married I really need to drop some pounds and tone up. I rarely watch what I eat or exercise and while I'm not technically overweight I'm a bit flabby! I bought the at home pack online so I'm figuring it out here and reckon I could do with losing maybe 10lbs. Im hoping this helps me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'm really looking forward to my weigh in on tuesday. Ive been so good all week, even resisted the urge to get a bottle of wine last night and have been out walking every day barre one.

Is expecting to lose 6 pounds int he first week a bit optimistic? Thats my goal (just for this week as I've read everywhere that you lose the most on the first week) but I dont want to come away feeling disappointed on tuesday eve cos then I think I may lose a bit of motivation and I dont want that to happen either...

People can lose that in a week but I wouldn't be aiming for that much. A loss is a loss and anything will be brilliant! I lost 4.5 in my first week and 12 weeks later in down 22.5lb. So persevere you will get there

Can someone help me out here-
    I calculated I am on 26 points. Do I get 26 per day that expire if unused, and any extra come from the 49 treats? Are the free foods all free or is there a limit, I.e say you eat 6 portions fruit or veg do they need to be counted whereas one or two do not? What about activity points- do they need to be used in a day or a week? The books aren't terribly clear and a bit all over the place!!

Sala wrote: »
    Can someone help me out here-
    I calculated I am on 26 points. Do I get 26 per day that expire if unused, and any extra come from the 49 treats? Are the free foods all free or is there a limit, I.e say you eat 6 portions fruit or veg do they need to be counted whereas one or two do not? What about activity points- do they need to be used in a day or a week? The books aren't terribly clear and a bit all over the place!!
    Your 26 points in the day do expire if you don't use them that day.
    If you use more than 26 points, you can take the extra from your 49 weekly extra points.
    While you don't have to count the "free" foods (ie most fruit and veg), it's recommended that you don't go mad on fruit as it does have a lot of sugar.
    Activity points are spread over the week. When the week is over they expire. Normally you're recommended to use the weekly extra 49 points before you start "spending" your activity points.
    Hope that helps!

Your 26 points in the day do expire if you don't use them that day.
    If you use more than 26 points, you can take the extra from your 49 weekly extra points.
    While you don't have to count the "free" foods (ie most fruit and veg), it's recommended that you don't go mad on fruit as it does have a lot of sugar.
    Activity points are spread over the week. When the week is over they expire. Normally you're recommended to use the weekly extra 49 points before you start "spending" your activity points.
    Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! I am not a big fruit eater anyway so I plan to only have it for breakfast.
    I'm carefully guarding my 49 for later in the week so I might have to earn some more as The 26 doesn't seem like a lot, but I suppose that's my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Hi all, can anyone recommend a good app for tracking filling & healthy. I always used the tracker my leader gave me previously but since I've already misplaced the one I only got last Tuesday I need something more accessible. Wat do you guys use, thanks.

evadiva wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone recommend a good app for tracking filling & healthy. I always used the tracker my leader gave me previously but since I've already misplaced the one I only got last Tuesday I need something more accessible. Wat do you guys use, thanks.
    Do you have the Weightwatchers assistant in Ireland? That's what I use to track points, exercise, my recipes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Do you have the Weightwatchers assistant in Ireland? That's what I use to track points, exercise, my recipes etc.

I'm not sure IvyTheTerrible I must check it out, thanks

evadiva wrote: »
    I'm not sure IvyTheTerrible I must check it out, thanks
    Hmm, I'm looking at the WW Ireland website and I can't see it.
    Here it's just something you get access to with your membership, you can use the app on your laptop or on your smartphone (also you can have "internet only" membership or with the meetings as well). Didn't realise things were different across different countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hmm, I'm looking at the WW Ireland website and I can't see it.
    Here it's just something you get access to with your membership, you can use the app on your laptop or on your smartphone (also you can have "internet only" membership or with the meetings as well). Didn't realise things were different across different countries.

It's not available in Ireland unfortunately. I'm doing WW online and had to make up a UK address and postcode to do it through the UK site

Best of luck with the WI.

• Advertisement

It's not available in Ireland unfortunately. I'm doing WW online and had to make up a UK address and postcode to do it through the UK site
    I find that strange that they can't provide it for Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AG123

I am a gold member, but over the past few months I have gone WAY off track and am a stone over my goal weight. So disappointed with myself. Have made attempts to go back to my healthy eating, but keep going back eating way too much crap. I don't know what has happened to my willpower. I used to be so determined. I'm going on holidays in two weeks so I want to try to get down a few pounds before then. Tried to start a few weeks ago, but that went no where. Weighing in in the morning. I'm hoping this thread will help me get back to where I was!!

My first ever day is over! Well it is for me as I have no points left. I admit was was starving by the time I got home, but I had enough points for steak with pepper sauce and had a massive 5 different type of veg so I feel human again :D

so...... down 4 pounds! was hoping for 6 just because of the whole "you lose the most on the first week" but I'm happy enough with four. If I can lose 2 every week from here on in I'll be a happy camper! I'm allowed 49 points worth of treats this week too but I think I might just go without them for another week just to give myself a good head start but the fact that they're there makes a difference in terms of not feeling deprived.

well done to everyone else who had good results this week too!

My first ever day is over! Well it is for me as I have no points left. I admit was was starving by the time I got home, but I had enough points for steak with pepper sauce and had a massive 5 different type of veg so I feel human again :D

Sala, in response to your post in the wrong thread (lol)... I'm on the "filling and healthy" thingy mabob and I havent been hungry all week.... also, you know you can work off points through exercise? I'm not sure of how many calories burnt = 1 point but I'm sure you could find out easily enough.
    Do you have a specific goal to work towards? I find that having one keeps me motivated. I'm off on holliers in Sept so any time I'm tempted to be bold or lazy I just think about that

so...... down 4 pounds! was hoping for 6 just because of the whole "you lose the most on the first week" but I'm happy enough with four. If I can lose 2 every week from here on in I'll be a happy camper! I'm allowed 49 points worth of treats this week too but I think I might just go without them for another week just to give myself a good head start but the fact that they're there makes a difference in terms of not feeling deprived.

well done to everyone else who had good results this week too!

Well done you! That is a great start.

Sala, in response to your post in the wrong thread (lol)... I'm on the "filling and healthy" thingy mabob and I havent been hungry all week.... also, you know you can work off points through exercise? I'm not sure of how many calories burnt = 1 point but I'm sure you could find out easily enough.
    Do you have a specific goal to work towards? I find that having one keeps me motivated. I'm off on holliers in Sept so any time I'm tempted to be bold or lazy I just think about that

Yes and I actually did spinning which I calculate as 7 points earned but from reading around it appears many say you shouldn't eat these? I am just disappointed I went over on day 2. I know that's what the extras are for but i was saving them for wine!! Also I was eating cully and scully chicken curry at lunch- they are gorgeous and ingredients are very clean but I calculate them at 11pp, so that's probably too much for lunch ;-(

Yes my goal is my wedding :-0

Yes and I actually did spinning which I calculate as 7 points earned but from reading around it appears many say you shouldn't eat these? I am just disappointed I went over on day 2. I know that's what the extras are for but i was saving them for wine!! Also I was eating cully and scully chicken curry at lunch- they are gorgeous and ingredients are very clean but I calculate them at 11pp, so that's probably too much for lunch ;-(
    Well you can eat your activity points but you'll lose more if you don't. Especially as we have a tendency to over estimate points gained from sport.

2lb down tonight, got my 10% award, very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

WI tomorrow evening. Got 4lbs more to my 4th stone and I would really like to get it on or before my birthday which is the 27th of August. 4lbs in 6 weeks isn't a lot but I'm quite close to goal so it's harder to lose weight now.

So, in summary, 4lbs to my 4th stone and 11lbs in total to goal. :)

Advertisement