Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Sala wrote: »
    Yes and I actually did spinning which I calculate as 7 points earned but from reading around it appears many say you shouldn't eat these? I am just disappointed I went over on day 2. I know that's what the extras are for but i was saving them for wine!! Also I was eating cully and scully chicken curry at lunch- they are gorgeous and ingredients are very clean but I calculate them at 11pp, so that's probably too much for lunch ;-(

Yes my goal is my wedding :-0

Hi Sala, There was a thing before in W.W. That you could earn as many exercise points as you wanted but you can only eat 12 of those points in any week, so just to let you know to be careful. Anyway good luck on your weight loss journey and you will get plenty of support here.

WI tomorrow evening. Got 4lbs more to my 4th stone and I would really like to get it on or before my birthday which is the 27th of August. 4lbs in 6 weeks isn't a lot but I'm quite close to goal so it's harder to lose weight now.

So, in summary, 4lbs to my 4th stone and 11lbs in total to goal. :)

Hi Purple Pawprints, Glad to see you got your mojo back and good luck with your weigh in tonight. Will keep my fingers crossed for a big loss for you.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    2lb down tonight, got my 10% award, very happy.

Hi Lynn G, Well done on getting your 10%:) you are doing really well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Can I ask how to point soup? In reality if you're making it at home you don't point the free veg? But shop bought soups only give full nutritional info so I presume that means you ARE pointing the veg? Am I grasping at straws here?? I was online trying to find one in tesco before I buy it and I just pointed a carton of soup at 8points!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Hi All,

First time posting here. I joined Weight Watchers 5 weeks ago (rejoined again!) and so far I am down 9lbs which I'm very happy with.

I have WI tomorrow evening and today all I seem to want to do is eat all around me and have chocolate.

I've been good for the week and didn't go over my points allowance so I really don't want to ruin any loss I might have tomorrow!

Any advice on how to stave off the cravings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

IrishAlice wrote: »
    Hi All,

First time posting here. I joined Weight Watchers 5 weeks ago (rejoined again!) and so far I am down 9lbs which I'm very happy with.

I have WI tomorrow evening and today all I seem to want to do is eat all around me and have chocolate.

I've been good for the week and didn't go over my points allowance so I really don't want to ruin any loss I might have tomorrow!

they say that if you have cravings for anything that if you drink a pint of water that the craving will be gone by the time you get to the bottom of the glass...i'm not sure if i agree 100% with that but apparently it works!

alternatively, imagine how CRAP you'll feel in yourself tomorrow if the scales don't reflect all the discipline and hard work you've put in over the week. I'm really at a point now where i definitely feel its mostly mind over matter.

Is a bar of chocolate really worth it? is a bar of chocolate more important to you than your weight loss? are you gonna give a bar of chocolate the power to make you feel like crap?

I know there'll be good days and bad days but I always think of a thread title I read on Boards once whenever I'm losing focus with anything - "the main thing is keeping the main thing the main thing" just remember why you're doing this, what it'll mean to you when you reach your goal and that a craving is only a craving, it will (eventually) pass!

keep up the good work, you're only 5 teeny tiny pounds away from a stone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Hi All,

A couple of people at my class swear by the Options hot chocolate to keep the cravings away, it gives them the taste without all the calories. To be honest I'd just have the square or whatever of chocolate because otherwise I'd go nuts tomorrow and eat the whole thing!! Depends on the options available though. What I normally do is take a bite of my boyfriend's chocolately biscuit in the evening :P

I was down a pound yesterday, my first weight in after holidays. Did a LOT of walking though. Hopefully it's not one of those phantom pounds where I'll be up a half next week after a great week, sure we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Duffy89

Can I ask how to point soup? In reality if you're making it at home you don't point the free veg? But shop bought soups only give full nutritional info so I presume that means you ARE pointing the veg? Am I grasping at straws here?? I was online trying to find one in tesco before I buy it and I just pointed a carton of soup at 8points!

Vegetables would have very few calories in them. Tomatoes and carrots only have around 20 calories in them. The calories come from the cream and butter and whatever else they put into the soups so you just point the soup as per the nutritional value on the label. Cully and Sully soups are quite nice and some of them are only 6 points for the tub. If you make the soup yourself then you just point the ingredients that require points and then split as per the portions.
    Hi All,

Which plan are you doing? If you are doing propoints or F&H with 49 then I would allow myself to have a small chocolate treat. Its better to have the small treat than to spend the day picking at food or even worse having a binge. The key is to wait until the evening so that way you will just have that one treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

honeygirl wrote: »
    Hi Lynn G, Well done on getting your 10%:) you are doing really well!

Thanks a million, delighted with it. Hope things are going okay for you.
    Another lady got 10% as well! and the leader usually asks anyone getting awards what, in particular, is working for them. The other lady talked a good bit, so I was off the hook ;).

Well done everyone on this week's losses, best of luck for the week ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

1lb up. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭popcornbowl

dont stress, it could be a lot worse - there was a woman at my weigh in yesterday and she said she had been really good all week and she was up by 2...it could be hormones or fluid or lots of other things, just focus on the week ahead, best of luck!

Wiping the slate clean, tomorrow a new week begins. I really need to just get back to tracking and drinking more water.

Wiping the slate clean, tomorrow a new week begins. I really need to just get back to tracking and drinking more water.

Hi Purple Pawprints, You are one of the posters who has been here since I started posting and you are a total inspiration because you keep trying so don't let 1lb drag you down when you have lost over 50lb. Keep going you will get there!

I have my weigh in this morning and even tho I couldn't exercise I have been a total Angel with the food so hopefully I will have some sort of loss. I will report back later.

Duffy89 wrote: »
    Vegetables would have very few calories in them. Tomatoes and carrots only have around 20 calories in them. The calories come from the cream and butter and whatever else they put into the soups so you just point the soup as per the nutritional value on the label. Cully and Sully soups are quite nice and some of them are only 6 points for the tub. If you make the soup yourself then you just point the ingredients that require points and then split

Thanks. I had a lovely cully and sully one. when I put their recipe online into points I worked out 4 points instead of 6 coz veg not counted. I think I'll have to make my own for next week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Almost finished first week of Simple Start. Did not realise I'd miss butter this much! Have broken it once or twice but stuck to it mostly so hoping to see some results tomorrow!

Just back from my weigh in and I was 1 and half pounds down:) really happy with that and it has spurred me on for the week ahead.

Congrats on all the great losses and good luck to everyone with a weigh in to come.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Just back from my weigh in and I was 1 and half pounds down:) really happy with that and it has spurred me on for the week ahead.

Congrats on all the great losses and good luck to everyone with a weigh in to come.

Onwards and Downwards:)

Well done!

Thanks a mill! Hopefully I can keep it up now:)

Well done honeygirl. And thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate it.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Hi all. Joined WW last week and lost 3lb at first weigh in today. I want to lose about a stone from here...I found the simple start good but I definitely drank more beer last weekend than it recommends ;) Gonna try to have a semi healthy weekend, although I'm bringing my mum for a posh afternoon tea on Saturday for her bday. Cakes and sambos galore - I'll have to keep my entire 49 points for that day :D

Thanks a mill! Hopefully I can keep it up now:)
    Well done honeygirl. And thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate it.

:D

And both of you have had brilliant weight losses, to date, so don't forget how brilliantly you have both done already.

mojesius wrote: »
    Hi all. Joined WW last week and lost 3lb at first weigh in today. I want to lose about a stone from here...I found the simple start good but I definitely drank more beer last weekend than it recommends ;) Gonna try to have a semi healthy weekend, although I'm bringing my mum for a posh afternoon tea on Saturday for her bday. Cakes and sambos galore - I'll have to keep my entire 49 points for that day :D

Well done, that's a great start.
    I love the sound of a posh afternoon tea, drool :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Down five pounds, thrilled!

Down five pounds, thrilled!

Well done! Great start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Well done LMP that's great! I'm going out for dinner tonight and I'm so excited! I have it all pointed out - all 75 points of it!

I weighed today even though I started Monday as I used a start weight from last Sunday. I'm sad to say I used way more than 49 weeklies, had bad day yesterday... but I'm down 3lb! Feeling motivated

I weighed today even though I started Monday as I used a start weight from last Sunday. I'm sad to say I used way more than 49 weeklies, had bad day yesterday... but I'm down 3lb! Feeling motivated

Hi Sala, 3lb is a brilliant loss for one week keep going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Foxed

Well done on the losses everyone! I had a blow-out day today. Propoints didn't exist in my world for a few hours! I'm not even going to try and count what I had, just going to draw a line under things, consider my 49 well and truly gone, and get back to business tomorrow! One day can't ruin all of my hard work. :)

• Advertisement

Foxed wrote: »
    Well done on the losses everyone! I had a blow-out day today. Propoints didn't exist in my world for a few hours! I'm not even going to try and count what I had, just going to draw a line under things, consider my 49 well and truly gone, and get back to business tomorrow! One day can't ruin all of my hard work. :)

Hi Foxed, You have done really well and one blow out can't undo all your hard work. Anyway we all need to have a blow out every now and then, so hopefully you enjoyed it.:) I had my blow out yesterday and it was a big one so Ill be climbing on the wagon today:p

Advertisement