Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Exhausted! I'm over babysitting my sisters 2 babies with 0 control over dinner or food. I've given up on pointing but trying not to over eat. I'm here for the week and I really hope the damage won't be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Doodledootoo

Can anyone recommend the bread you have been using on simple start. A lot of those listed I couldn't find. Went for Brennan's 100% wholemeal, list said wholegrain? Anyone any suggestions? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I have been using the Brennan's Be Good loaf and I think it's quite nice.

Ladies and gents. I haven't been to class in around a month. Work was crazy. I honestly haven't even been thinking about what I was eating and I haven't been exercising at all. I'm up 3-4lbs at least I reckon.

Next weekend I'm heading to Electric Picnic so I'm going to eat, drink and be merry as they say. I do need to head back to class so is going back this week a good idea or should I wait?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have been using the Brennan's Be Good loaf and I think it's quite nice.

Ladies and gents. I haven't been to class in around a month. Work was crazy. I honestly haven't even been thinking about what I was eating and I haven't been exercising at all. I'm up 3-4lbs at least I reckon.

Next weekend I'm heading to Electric Picnic so I'm going to eat, drink and be merry as they say. I do need to head back to class so is going back this week a good idea or should I wait?
    I think it'd be worth going this week, you'd just be putting it off otherwise. The leader will help you, she's bound to have advice for getting into the new rhythm in your life.

This is a terrible thing to say, but I cannot wait til the summer holidays are over, my routine is all over the place, I can never make it to meetings (either because they've cut back on meetings for the summer or because I'm miles away from where they are) and it's hard to plan. I haven't put on weight but I've been the same for ages. In one week I'll be back to normal!

That's what I've been thinking myself tbh Ivy, it's better I see what damage I've done even if I'm going to be up or the same next week.

The other nurse in the clinic has been on a couple of weeks holidays so I've had longer hours and wasn't an yo get to class. Also had 3 or 4 days on the trot where got no lunch break. I. am wrecked and I need to let loose I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 stresscase69

Hi Im looking to lose 50 lbs before xmas - i am going to start ww tommorrow - is this possible in this time period ?!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi Im looking to lose 50 lbs before xmas - i am going to start ww tommorrow - is this possible in this time period ?!

It's not IMPOSSIBLE, but in order to lose that much you'd want to be losing 3lbs a week. On WW it's normal to lose 1-2lbs a week. And that's the healthly and more importantly sustainable loss to be achieving.

The only way you could really hit 50lbs is to couple WW with lots of high intensity workouts.

But I have to ask, is 50lbs the end all and be all? If you stick to your nutrional plan on WW and aim to lose 2lbs a week (still a high target) you'd end up losing 36lbs before Christmas which is just over 2 and a half stone. I think anyone here would be thrilled to lose 2 and a half stone before Christmas.

The problem is about setting such high goals in short periods time wise is if we fail we see it as a failure, rather than any weight loss is a success.

Personally I'd set yourself a much smaller goal and remember this isnt a sprint to lose as much as possible before Christmas, this is something you'll want to slowly achieve and maintain for the rest of your life!

Best of luck and keep us updated on your journey!

Even if you lose 2 a week and Don't lose 50 you'll be about 2 dress sizes smaller! That's one of the best bits! You'll look great and feel even better and that's what matters. It'll only take you a little while after Christmas to lose the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Can anyone recommend the bread you have been using on simple start. A lot of those listed I couldn't find. Went for Brennan's 100% wholemeal, list said wholegrain? Anyone any suggestions? Thanks

I've mostly used the Brennan's 'Be Good' and the Pat the Bakers Slimbos, the multigrain ones. I like both, and they seem to be stocked by most supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

I think it'd be worth going this week, you'd just be putting it off otherwise. The leader will help you, she's bound to have advice for getting into the new rhythm in your life.

This is a terrible thing to say, but I cannot wait til the summer holidays are over, my routine is all over the place, I can never make it to meetings (either because they've cut back on meetings for the summer or because I'm miles away from where they are) and it's hard to plan. I haven't put on weight but I've been the same for ages. In one week I'll be back to normal!
    That's what I've been thinking myself tbh Ivy, it's better I see what damage I've done even if I'm going to be up or the same next week.

The other nurse in the clinic has been on a couple of weeks holidays so I've had longer hours and wasn't an yo get to class. Also had 3 or 4 days on the trot where got no lunch break. I. am wrecked and I need to let loose I think.

I will be glad when the summer holls are over, don't get me wrong I love the summer but I have no routine and I badly need to start losing again. Anyway I will keep trying.

• Advertisement

Hi stresscase, 50lb is a big goal to set yourself before christmas, I know anytime I set such a big goal I tend to fail. Maybe try and set smaller goals like 7lb at a time and each time you lose 7lb start again. Even if you lost 30lb before christmas and toned up that would be great too. Anyway good luck on your journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Stayed the same, happy because I had a lot of nights out, and a wedding in the past week.
    Onwards and downwards, best of luck everyone.

I didn't make my meeting today, its the last week of the holidays so we were doing things with the kids. I am about three pounds up but I will fix that when things get back to normal next week.

Good luck everyone and enjoy the weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭metime

I'm getting chunky again and have lost the tone I'd gained at the start of this year. Eek. No scales to weigh myself no idea where I'm at but I know that I do not feel fit or healthy!

Do any of you use sketchers gowalk shoes? Am wondering if worth it for comfort?

Hello!
    Wondering how your first few days are going?
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

metime wrote: »
    I'm getting chunky again and have lost the tone I'd gained at the start of this year. Eek. No scales to weigh myself no idea where I'm at but I know that I do not feel fit or healthy!

Do any of you use sketchers gowalk shoes? Am wondering if worth it for comfort?

Hello, long time lurker / old poster (soon to be regular poster when I rejoin after my hols in 10 days). I have the slip on go walks. They are super comfy but if you walk regularly in them, they will wear quickly,probably 6 months. I only wore mine for commuting and the odd walk and they lasted about a year. They are very flat as well so if you have problems with your arches, they're not for you.

I need orthotics which are not compatible with the go walks but I am still going to buy a second pair because they are so comfy.

Monife wrote: »
    Hello, long time lurker / old poster (soon to be regular poster when I rejoin after my hols in 10 days). I have the slip on go walks. They are super comfy but if you walk regularly in them, they will wear quickly,probably 6 months. I only wore mine for commuting and the odd walk and they lasted about a year. They are very flat as well so if you have problems with your arches, they're not for you.

I need orthotics which are not compatible with the go walks but I am still going to buy a second pair because they are so comfy.

Thanks for getting back to me!
    I was looking at the slip on go walks in the shoe shop I had gone in to try them on and then ended up trying on the Skechers go walk flash shoes with the 'goga' mat insides. They are lace ups and the most comfortable things i have ever put on my feet. Would they perhaps be compatible with your orthotics as they have laces? (I do not know what they need to be compatible but just a thought!). I prefer the style of the go walk slip ons but these ones are just insane comfy and I too like you am planning on getting proper back on it now so I think for as you suggested, 6 months of walking out of them it would be well worth it. Far comfier than my nikes!

Will you be joining classes or online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Thanks for getting back to me!
    I was looking at the slip on go walks in the shoe shop I had gone in to try them on and then ended up trying on the Skechers go walk flash shoes with the 'goga' mat insides. They are lace ups and the most comfortable things i have ever put on my feet. Would they perhaps be compatible with your orthotics as they have laces? (I do not know what they need to be compatible but just a thought!). I prefer the style of the go walk slip ons but these ones are just insane comfy and I too like you am planning on getting proper back on it now so I think for as you suggested, 6 months of walking out of them it would be well worth it. Far comfier than my nikes!

Will you be joining classes or online?

Going to join classes, I wouldn't be able to do it on my own. For runners to be comfy with my orthotics the insole needs to be removable and comfy with the orthotics inserted. Very hard to find a runner like that. Found a pair in a special shoe shop, very expensive though €150. I can't walk too much anyway as I have arthritis and can only manage little walks.

After my week away I'm struggling a bit. Lots of rubbish going in! Time for a detox I think so I might give f&h another go this week.

There's an 8k in Galway in October im thinking of doing too which would get me back pounding the pavement

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Has anybody ever gone over their 49 weeklies n still managed to get a loss? Am doing f&h, had an unexpected night out n am 20 over my weeklies, have been doing lots of exercise.....

• Advertisement

intouch44 wrote: »
    Has anybody ever gone over their 49 weeklies n still managed to get a loss? Am doing f&h, had an unexpected night out n am 20 over my weeklies, have been doing lots of exercise.....

I have on points I haven't done enough of f&h to know though

Hi all. Weighed in today in Boots. 13 stone. 5 foot 8inches. BMI 27.7 (Overweight)
    Body fat 33.9% (Poor)

I am disappointed and have a bit of a battle ahead of me to get this off as I will not feel super great until I do, it seems!
    I would like to be 10stone 5lbs or close to that if I look toned and healthy.
    My skin has broken out terribly recently since I have not been watching what I am eating - it is not since I last did Weight Watchers and was excercising alot that it was very clear. I am seeing that a good incentive at the moment to get back to it.

Going for a walk now.
    Sensible eating tomorrw and going to try adapt back to the Simple start plan by the end of this week. It feels like a challenge aready. Say a prayer for me!!!

Hope everyone getting on well x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Chong wrote: »
    Well I should have not been worried last Thursday as I was I right back on track for the Friday morning and this morning's weigh in was top notch. I think the lesson I have learned is to restrict the daily weigh in's and not pay attention until weigh in day every Monday morning.

Start day : January 6th - 19st 1.8lbs
    January 13th - 18st 4.8lbs
    January 20th - 18st 0.8lbs
    January 27th - 17st 10.2lbs
    February 3rd - 17st 8.2lbs
    February 10th - 17st 7.0lbs
    February 17th - 17st 4.6lbs
    February 24th - 17st 1.6lbs
    March 3rd - 17st 2.8lbs
    March 10th - 16st 11.8lbs
    March 17th - 16st 8.8lbs
    March 24th - 16st 4.8lbs

Really happy with this week's weight loss, it brings me to a total of 39 pounds down.

Well then that was a crazy 4 months :) I officially stopped dieting with my stag do on the 10th of April. Was good up until my wedding at the end of May but have since gone to town on eating especially with a honeymoon in Sicily. Anyways I am back on the horse again WW wise for the 3rd time since 2012, I had my fun eating all round me thats for sure. I had the last blowout this weekend gone in Amsterdam, but I am at a point where by I know I need to diet again.

Start day : September 1st - 18st 10.8lbs

Since my last official weigh in I have put on 2st 6lbs. It was bloody worth every mouthful.

Chong wrote: »
    Well then that was a crazy 4 months :) I officially stopped dieting with my stag do on the 10th of April. Was good up until my wedding at the end of May but have since gone to town on eating especially with a honeymoon in Sicily. Anyways I am back on the horse again WW wise for the 3rd time since 2012, I had my fun eating all round me thats for sure. I had the last blowout this weekend gone in Amsterdam, but I am at a point where by I know I need to diet again.

Start day : September 1st - 18st 10.8lbs

Since my last official weigh in I have put on 2st 6lbs. It was bloody worth every mouthful.

welcome back it sounds like you have enjoyed yourself, i'd say Sicily was incredible!! Your dedication and commitment before was inspiring and I do not doubt I will see it here again, if you don't mind me saying. Fair play!

--

Clocked a 10,000 step walk last night, an hour and 20 minutes of walking. 15,000 steps in 2 days, (intentional going for walk walks not including daily activity). Have been 'good' today all except 5 rich tea biscuits. Just had a skinny cauppachino, held off on the syrup which i have been having lately and specifically asked for skinny. I am happy with that small improvement and the introduction of walking again this week.

Minute steak, (first time having it), a baked potato and a sensible amount of coleslaw for dinner tonight. The coleslaw is not ideal and it is not homemade but the next time it will be.

I have a muller apple yoghurt for tonight after dinner then any shopping coming in will be simple start shopping listy - that's the plan anyway!!
    Loving the new iPod nano have loaded it up with a load of walking listening material. Recommend it! x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Another week another pound. Slowly but surely! I'm down 25.5lb since April and 51lb in total from my heaviest weight.

I will get there.

3stone to goal! :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I lost 400g this week. To be honest I'm delighted, I haven't been to a meeting since the start of August and haven't counted points since then either!
    It's the first week of September, I'm ready for a new start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

welcome back it sounds like you have enjoyed yourself, i'd say Sicily was incredible!! Your dedication and commitment before was inspiring and I do not doubt I will see it here again, if you don't mind me saying. Fair play!

--

Clocked a 10,000 step walk last night, an hour and 20 minutes of walking. 15,000 steps in 2 days, (intentional going for walk walks not including daily activity). Have been 'good' today all except 5 rich tea biscuits. Just had a skinny cauppachino, held off on the syrup which i have been having lately and specifically asked for skinny. I am happy with that small improvement and the introduction of walking again this week.

Minute steak, (first time having it), a baked potato and a sensible amount of coleslaw for dinner tonight. The coleslaw is not ideal and it is not homemade but the next time it will be.

I have a muller apple yoghurt for tonight after dinner then any shopping coming in will be simple start shopping listy - that's the plan anyway!!
    Loving the new iPod nano have loaded it up with a load of walking listening material. Recommend it! x

Why thank you metime! I hope now I have the same determination this time, last time it was all for the wedding, where as this time it is for overall fitness and of course being able to enjoy Christmas.

I got to a point after this weekend where I felt so lethargic eating junk. 12 good solid weeks should see me right again I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

So I finally went back to ww last night – 20 weeks since my last visit. I was happy enough as I was up 5lb and ate and drank all around me all summer long! I’m going on holidays the first week in October so I’m going to be super good until then!!!

Wish me luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Big Mom

Hi Everyone, would you mind if I join in. I am a gold member, reaching goal in December 2012 having lost 4 stone. I have now put on about a stone and am heading back to class tonight, as I don't want to reach Christmas and have two stone one. I am very active, run, go to gym, etc. but unfortunately due to injury haven't been able to exercise for the past six weeks and believe me the lbs are flying on, so I said that's it get my ass in gear and get back to my class. I'll know tonight how much I have to lose before Christmas but looking forward to sharing the highs and lows with ye over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Heading back to my meeting tonight after around 6 weeks.. *gulp*

Advertisement