Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Worst day all week, got my period last night, forgot to bring in lunch. Had breakfast but was starving at 11 so got scone as only nice thing. Then at lunch got sambo but got king crisp n small snack bar. Then had good dinner but then had small pack of button n lidl's Linnessa low fat crisps. Disgusted with my lunch crap I bought n then my snacking. First day all week I've done no excerise. I have tracked everything n used 49 points so only have 12 weeklies left :-(

Don't fret-move on, tomorrow's a new day.
    Didn't have a great day myself-had a Burger King (hadn't had one in YEARS) which I did enjoy but felt terrible after it.
    Made sure I drank lots of water this afternoon and went for a fifteen minute walk.
    Tomorrow's a new day, we all know we can make mistakes but it's moving on from them that's key.
    Chin up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

fussyonion wrote: »

Don't fret-move on, tomorrow's a new day.
    Didn't have a great day myself-had a Burger King (hadn't had one in YEARS) which I did enjoy but felt terrible after it.
    Made sure I drank lots of water this afternoon and went for a fifteen minute walk.
    Tomorrow's a new day, we all know we can make mistakes but it's moving on from them that's key.
    Chin up!

That's exactly it, off college till Tuesday so planning a big walk and food shop 2mo. Have a christening to go too, so that will be hard as leaving at 11 so try bring few bits with me so I can stay healthy

Also hmm Burger King is so good, once you enjoyed it and get back on track is all that matter.

Love all the support n posts people it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I'm off to Galway next weekend, does anyone know of any nice and healthyish places to have lunch/dinner? Anywhere that does yummy pastries aswell?! Thinking of treating myself depending on how well this week and next week goes!

bulmersgal wrote: »
    That's exactly it, off college till Tuesday so planning a big walk and food shop 2mo. Have a christening to go too, so that will be hard as leaving at 11 so try bring few bits with me so I can stay healthy

Also hmm Burger King is so good, once you enjoyed it and get back on track is all that matter.

Love all the support n posts people it's great

Thank God for this place! Support is key-we're all in it together.

As you're leaving for the christening in the morning, just make sure you've had a filling breakfast (eggs are always great)-porridge or Weetabix or some wholemeal toast and when you're faced with the food at the afters, choose chicken without the skin and cocktail sausages instead of sausage rolls.
    Whatever happens, enjoy the day-it's not like you go to christenings every day and if you do overeat or make bad choices, you can make up for it the next day.

Good luck and have a good time!

PS The Burger King was lovely-had a cheeseburger and small fries with a bottle of water (probably not the worst choice) but it was a one off!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Does anyone feel starving after the weight wAtchers caramel slices? I always just want more after them-I'm over by four points today-I have my spares but it was sort of an unplanned venture! A bit disappointed in myself because I've been excellent to plan up until now! Ah well, a new day tomorrow.

Tab you have to try Cava restaurant in Galway. They do tapas and it is delish! The tapas are small portions and they have some lovely salad and other healthy options. And save some points for the patatas bravas with the spicy aioli...Jesus I get chills thinking about it. And try the gourmet tart company in salt hill for pastries. I am now very happy that I don't live in Galway I would be the size of a cathedral!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

hi Taz thanks for reply :-) i still have my gold card even though i am gone 5lbs below my goal i hope i dont lose it either lol...i baked a fresh cream sponge today and had 2 big slices so i am trying really hard to put back on a couple of lbs :-p well done to you on you weight loss how much have you lost in total may i ask?...

fussyonion wrote: »

Thank God for this place! Support is key-we're all in it together.

As you're leaving for the christening in the morning, just make sure you've had a filling breakfast (eggs are always great)-porridge or Weetabix or some wholemeal toast and when you're faced with the food at the afters, choose chicken without the skin and cocktail sausages instead of sausage rolls.
    Whatever happens, enjoy the day-it's not like you go to christenings every day and if you do overeat or make bad choices, you can make up for it the next day.

Good luck and have a good time!

PS The Burger King was lovely-had a cheeseburger and small fries with a bottle of water (probably not the worst choice) but it was a one off!

Yeah that's what I'll have might bring little salad and some low fat crisps so I don't feel deprived. Won't be drinking as I'm driving so least that's not something to worry about.

Lost 3.2 lbs for my first week it's great hopefully loss another lb or so next week n the following n I'll be at target for Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

Down 1.5lbs this week! Pretty happy considering my alcohol intake at the weekend.

I tried on my entire wedding outfit last night and I have to say I am very happy and that was without the tan, hair and makeup. Im looking forward to tomorrow. I am going to bring some healthy snacks to eat on the journey between the church and the hotel so I am not tempted to pig out on whatevers served when we arrive and the meal later. Luckily I will be too busy dancing to drink too much.

Have a great WW weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

Hi, I’ve been looking for some kind of inspiration on the web I just came across this thread!! I re-joined ww in august and have lost 9lb. As usual I’m starting to get a bit bored with it so hopefully joining in here will keep me motivated. I’ve has a disaster of a week, I was at a birthday party on Wednesday evening at ate and drank my daily and probably my weekly allowance (Damn chocolate cake!) and last night I was at a function and ended up in supermac’s at 2am!!! What makes it all worse is I have a hen party this weekend so I know there is going to be loads of food and drink. I’m dreading next weeks WI already and thinking of every excuse not to attend :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭flowerpower12

Down 2 pounds, yippee... 11.13 now. Lowest I've been in a long time!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Natmus wrote: »
    Hi, I’ve been looking for some kind of inspiration on the web I just came across this thread!! I re-joined ww in august and have lost 9lb. As usual I’m starting to get a bit bored with it so hopefully joining in here will keep me motivated. I’ve has a disaster of a week, I was at a birthday party on Wednesday evening at ate and drank my daily and probably my weekly allowance (Damn chocolate cake!) and last night I was at a function and ended up in supermac’s at 2am!!! What makes it all worse is I have a hen party this weekend so I know there is going to be loads of food and drink. I’m dreading next weeks WI already and thinking of every excuse not to attend :-(

Welcome to the thread. One thing that you will learn because we all have weeks like that is the best thing to do is go to your meeting take what ever comes and start again. You can still be good a few days and i know it is hard to do but if the Hen is Saturday night try not ruining Sunday with it as well, which i really struggle with!!! but if you can manage that it would be a big help. Hope have a good weekend

Natmus: howdy, the same thing always happens to me! I do great for about six weeks and bang, the motivation goes, I go on one night out, go to town on the pints and the chips and the brekkie roll the next day, and next thing you know I'm back to square one plus a few pounds. I'm really determined this time, and in finding the input from others in this thread really inspiring! I was a divil for secret eating in the past - I'm really trying to be very open about how much I eat now. By writing it down, I'm 'owning' my behaviour and hopefully it will help me to change for good. By the by, an Aldi wholemeal English muffin is 3pp and two eggs scrambled is 4pp and with a scrape of spread, it's a very ver tasty, moreish hangover breakfast. Saved my bacon last weekend after I drank everything in Co. Limerick on Saturday night. I also had two potato waffles (again Aldi) when. I came home instead of chips. I know it wasn't the same EXACTLY(!) but I still felt I got to have something. Best of luck, enjoy the fecking hen, you only live once after all. Just get back on track the next day and you will be finr.

http://www.escapefromobesity.net/2012/10/low-carb-cauliflower-hash-browns.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FMkuNg+%28Escape+from+Obesity%29

This sounds delicious-I'm really missing hash browns so I will try this tomorrow for brunch and let you know how I get on!

Afternoon everyone, hope your Friday's going OK.
    Miserable oul weather out there today.

I was in Tesco today and re-discovered their own brand Mild Chilli Rice Cakes!
    They hadn't had them in ages and they're only 1PP.
    Really tasty (plain rice cakes are so dull IMO) and filling, I had three for lunch with 2 LowLow triangles (1pp) on top, and 1 slice of lean ham (1pp) followed by an Activia 0% Peach Yogurt and 2 satsumas.
    Drank a good bit of water too.

Tonight I'm gonna splash out some weeklies on a bottle of red wine which I'll probably drink half of and the rest tomorrow. Got some Skips and the rice cakes on hand for munchies!
    Enjoy the weekend everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

What a ridiculous day. Didn't have time to make my lunch, and then had to go into town at lunch time. Have been picking all day- so I've wasted a load of weeklies! Gggrrr. Would have been much better off with a nice dinner out over the weekend than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hi all, not sure if anyone here would remember me but I used to be a fairly regular poster before the summer, then the Leaving Cert happened and it's all gone downhill since then :/

I put ww to the back of my mind for the exams and then just refused point blank to climb back on the wagon, telling myself that I needed a few weeks off from everything after all that stress!! Needless to say that deadly spiral started and here I am, 3 months later and gone from having lost over 3 stone and being 8 pounds to goal, to gaining back one of those stones and seeing the light of goal shrink away in the distance :(

I'm in college full time now studying Pharmacy and having real trouble resisting all the tasty, cheap food! So when I had to go back to my size 16 jeans this morning, I decided enough was enough and it was time to hold myself accountable again! So this is me, checking in, hopefully for the long haul this time!!!

So sorry for the long post, just had to get it all out there :)

Thanks for the recommendations Cailleach an airgead, I took a liking to tapas while I was in Spain during the same, and like that absolutely adored patatas bravas with the spicy aioli, must be so bad for you though! I know what you mean in relation to the WW biscuits/cake range, it's like you expecting something really nice from the product but because its its so teeny you're always wanting more, I avoid buying them for that reason!

zookey, maybe you can be 5lbs or more below you're goal, I must ask! I doubt I'll ever be able to get that low anyway, finding it hard to lose anything these days!

Well done on your loss bulmersgal, hope you enjoyed the christening, sounded like you were well prepared! I know, they're one of the worst occasions for sweet treats!

Well done CavanGal, love when ya get an unexpected loss like that, especially when you've indulged while doing so! Enjoy the wedding, and yes, dancing will definately earn you some activity points!

ck, don't get yourself down, today is a new day, try be as good as possible now until WI, try get your exercise in, and you should undo any damage ya think you might have done, although, it doesnt sound like the worst day, think I've gorged worse than that!

Welcome back Niamh, I know exactly how you feel in relation to all of the temptations in college, not to mention the alcohol! I was a normal weight leaving secondary school, and 4 stressful years at college put me in the overweight breacket, I comfort ate a lot, wasn't good! This forum is great for support I hope it works for you!

On a final note, I've been good all week, have earned myself 8 APs and still have my 49 weeklies left, I'm afraid to use any though as that seems to have done the trick for me the past 3 weeks, but then again my weight loss got smaller each week so maybe my bodies getting used to it! Its a toughy! WI isn't until Monday but I would like something nice at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Gonna be a tough weekend. Was out for a work lunch yesterday so half my weeklies went on that. Really wanted to have some to share a bottle of wine with the OH tonight but gonna give it a miss now. Have lunch at my cousins tomorrow and have no idea what we'll be eating but it prob won't be to healthy. Gonna stick to small portions and loads of water and keep the rest of my weeklies for it!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!!! Love how busy this place has got again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Niamh94 wrote: »
    So when I had to go back to my size 16 jeans this morning, I decided enough was enough and it was time to hold myself accountable again! So this is me, checking in, hopefully for the long haul this time!!!

Clothes are the best indicator of weight loss/gain. Even if the scales are moving slowly your clothes will consider any inches you've lost! On the college issue, I started WW in my final year so it was difficult but definitely doable. Regarding food the best thing is to plan for the week ahead. If I was in college for lunch then I brought in a healthy lunch. I always knew what I was having for dinner so that if I was tired after college I'd be less inclined to go for the take away. Regarding alcohol, I decided not to drink on normal nights out as there are so many nights out and alcohol is a demon for weight loss. I saved it for special occasions such as balls etc. It takes a lot of willpower but that is needed for weight loss. At the end of the day you're never going to have just the 3 drinks you have the points for!
    Natmus wrote: »
    As usual I’m starting to get a bit bored with it so hopefully joining in here will keep me motivated.

I find that when I get bored the best thing is to act like you're starting over. Go through your goals, think about why you want to lose the weight and how you felt at your heaviest. Google recipes and come up with new recipes that will get you excited about healthy eating again. I have seen a gorgeous dress on Asos that I really want so if I hit my goal of a stone by Christmas, I'm going to get it. Maybe have something like that to motivate you!

Its coming into a new week and I'm really positive about my WI tomorrow. Its going to be a tough week as I've no idea what's happening in work so my lunches are out of my control. I need to take my own advice from above and not reach for junk food if I'm tired after work. Good luck to everyone this week. Hopefully we can get some great numbers!

Had an unexpected night out last night that I hadn't planned for, so had to dip into my 49 saved weeklies for a few drinks, was quite proud when I opted for just a banana at the end of the night whilst making my friends toast! Went for a 40 minute walk today too. There's a bug going around my house at the moment so not feeling too great about that! Can't wait to get WI over with tomorrow night, have no idea how its gonna go... Hope ye all had a nice weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Lormuz

well, had WI this morning and I am down 1 1/2 pounds! I really don't know how that happened, I had to go to italy for work wednesday and thursday, bloody wish I could speak italian. I was trying to be soo good and not order pasta or pizza, so went for what I thought was some roast beef and polenta.... came out in big bowl of oil... yuck!
    got so disheartened i ended up ordering a McDonalds in the airport :mad:

anyhoo, a loss of 1 1/2 is brilliant after that - will probably end up paying for it next week though, must do my 30 day shred video every day this week to compensate.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice. I was going to skip my WI tomorrow but think I will go and face the music!!! Need to get back into it especially with the bank holiday weekend.

I got the new Heinz squeez and stir soup yesterday - I was shocked when I scanned the barcode. The tomato was 4 pp - Is that right?? the chicken and veg were 3pp?? I haven't tried them yet but I can't believe the tomato is more than the chicken & veg. It's put me off them!!!!

Good luck with the week everyone! :)

Niamh - I hear with the college temptations - I am back this year starting my PHD and the temptations around the place are fierce! Well done for getting back on the wagon though - one of the great things about Uni is despite the temptations, there are plenty of fit and healthy inspirational people around - I'm hoping to start running with a crew of other beginners soon. (plus if you have the dedication and focus to make it to third level in the first place, your weight loss project will surely benefit as well).

Taz - you're an inspiration to us all! A banana is some dedication after a night out. I was terribly hungover on Saturday after a tear of red wine. I made 'mashed cauliflower' instead of mashed potato (which was what I wanted). Not entirely the same thing at all, but kept me within my points for the day.

Tiny penguin - Hope everything worked out ok for you - I think that the key is not to let a bad few days turn into a bad week - sounds like you are taking ownership of what you're eating and monitoring it which is great. Best of luck with your week!

Eabhabear - I totally get that work thing - whenever anyone leaves my workplace there is a 'fat morning' where we all try to out-bake each other and see the person off. And you have to try everything. Work is a very very hard place to stay good and it's so hard to plan! Your idea with the dress as a reward for Christmas is great - my goal is to get to 159lbs by Christmas - I shall have to have a look around and pick out something lovely to reward myself with too.

Lormuz - well done!! 1.5 lbs is an excellent weight loss - funnily enough I often have found Italy a good country to be healthy in - they have uh-mazing fruit and veg and it's great to be able to go for yummy salads and veg based pasta and not feel like I'm missing out. Well done again (I'm hoping for 1.5lbs myself this week, so fingers crossed).

Natmus - it is very hard to 'face the music' after a hard week - it has always been how I've slipped from weight watchers in the past. This time around, I am factually going to go no matter if I slipped up and ate Supermacs every day for a week. It's great to have inspiration from someone for when that happens to me (which it will - I am a prodigious eater and love chips) (and cake).

I think I'm doing ok this week. I'm sticking to my points, faithfully weighing and measuring and tracking. I do get the guilts when I slip into my 49 though, even though I know that they are accounted for and I can just go and use them. It's really silly, but I have 16 left and I'm determined not to use them between today and tomorrow. Weigh in on Wednesday and I'm really hoping for 1.5lbs to get under 12st. Fingers crossed for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hello everyone.

Well I've been AWOL for the last 2 weeks as I was working for a week in London and on hols last week in Portugal and by GOD can I feel it.

My jeans are tighter, I have terrible indigestion and I feel groggy and horrible.
    :(

We had a lovely holiday but I ate so much and don't even START me on the drink!!

Anyhoo, I am afraid to look at the scales until I get back into the swing of healthy eating and back exercising properly.

This is the worst I've felt in a really long time, I went so long feeling happy and confident about how much weight I'd lost and now I feel like I've done some serious damage and am wearing woolly jumpers the whole time now.
    *sigh*

I know I only have myself to blame, but I really hope I can lose a few lbs before Christmas.

I have to go to Frankfurt for work in 2 weeks so that will be another blip in the plan.

Anyone any motivatory tips for me?

Goddam holidays!!!!!!!!!!

Was down 1.5 this week, happy with that as I had been good all week and most of the weekend. I have been sick with a stomach bug yesterday and today though so I'm wondering if sme of my loss is accredited to that! :rolleyes: Still, if I'm good now for the week, I should have nice cushion for my weekend away in galway this week :) Best of luck with WIs this week guys...

So went to christening on satwas having such a good time we stayed out had few drinks got chipper :-/ then yest was hungover so not best day had Indian takeaway. Then today Eddie rockets with my mam while shopping. So complete disaster but in my defence that's my first drink in 2 months and will prob drink in 3 weeks for my birthday n not till Christmas then. Back on track from 2mo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

So my weekend went to hell. My boyfriends friends came to see our new place and we ended up in town and I did end up drinking. Now a huge amount and within my points. But had half a slice of pizza on the way home. Then exercised no self control at my cousins the next day. My sister made the cake from the great British bake off, the one the winner made and I could not say no!!

And it's been spiralling, trying so hard all day but it's like the hunger won't go away. Think I'm just about within my 26 but I haven't tracked so who knows!! Not looking forward to WI tomorrow at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

1.5 lbs seems to be the magic number today! I was also down 1.5 lbs :D Hopefully this week won't go too bad. Congrats to everyone who had losses today!

Just wondering if there are any coffee drinkers out there and if so do you think it affects your weight loss? I've never drank tea or coffee before but since starting work I've been drinking 2 cups a day with a small bit of milk and a bit of sugar. I'm scared its going to stall my weight loss as I really don't have the points for it and I feel like I need it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

Hi all

Just started WW last wed, and have been keeping an eye on the thread- its very motivating!! very nervous about the first WI on wed, even though I havnt used my weeklies or gone over my daily points, im paranoid that Ill be the only person who doesnt even lose weight on their first week haha! I find that I am eating so much fruit that I should really start pointing it? I read somewhere that after 5 portions you should point it? Does anyone know if this is true? I should just really cut back on it but if its fruit or crisps...il take the fruit!!

66dunaras wrote: »
    Hi all

Just started WW last wed, and have been keeping an eye on the thread- its very motivating!! very nervous about the first WI on wed, even though I havnt used my weeklies or gone over my daily points, im paranoid that Ill be the only person who doesnt even lose weight on their first week haha! I find that I am eating so much fruit that I should really start pointing it? I read somewhere that after 5 portions you should point it? Does anyone know if this is true? I should just really cut back on it but if its fruit or crisps...il take the fruit!!

I've never been told to point my fruit but our leader always told us, eat fruit sensibily-that is, don't eat it til the cows come home-like any food you should only eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full, so this applies to fruit too.

If you fancy an orange and an apple, that's fine, but it doesn't mean you can sit there with the whole fruit bowl and eat the lot; it defeats the purpose of eating til you're full.
    Fruit is free but just stop when you're full-it's meant to be used as a healthy snack to fill the gaps.
    Good luck!

PS Of course it's a better option than crisps :)

• Advertisement

@ Eabhabear: I drink one or two mugs of coffee a day. I use the canderal sugar at zero points and a drop of skimmed milk. (I’d count the milk at 1pp for the two mugs). I love a coffee if I’m starting to feel hungry as it fills me up. I haven’t noticed it affecting my weight loss – It’s the alcohol that does that!!

@66dunaras: We were told by our leader after 5 portions of fruit you must point it.

Couldn't get the "Quote" thing to work??!!

Dreading tonights WI and just booked a flight to the UK for the bank holiday (it was cheap!) so doesn't look like next weeks WI will be any better. Oh well I have all of November and most of December to cop on!!

Advertisement