Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

^^ best of luck!

I stayed the same this week. Very happy cos I was all over the place, away a few days for work, and a few days break. Didn't go mad on anything but I wasn't getting my walks in.

Attended a different meeting to my usual, because I missed my own. Tonight's talk was all about making time for yourself. It was a really chatty group, and I found I got good ideas to keep me focused for the week ahead. Am determined to have a loss next week.
    Best of luck one and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Up 7lbs :(

Let's get back on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 limerickbound

Hi all just wondering if I could get some opinions on whats best to have propoints wise in a resturant.
    Im going for dinner friday and normally I dont count things like this but its a bad habit to get into. Ive looked at the menu already and the place were going usually has some sort of soup for starter e.g. cream of mushroom- around how many propoints would you give something like that? with one small piece of baguette?
    I was thinking of salmon for the main with veg, how much extra would you give things like vegetables and potatoes since theyre sure to be full of butter? Also I know this place does cheesecake or strawberry gateux, would I be right in guessing at least 20 propoints per slice or would it be more? thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Big Mom wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, would you mind if I join in. I am a gold member, reaching goal in December 2012 having lost 4 stone. I have now put on about a stone and am heading back to class tonight, as I don't want to reach Christmas and have two stone one. I am very active, run, go to gym, etc. but unfortunately due to injury haven't been able to exercise for the past six weeks and believe me the lbs are flying on, so I said that's it get my ass in gear and get back to my class. I'll know tonight how much I have to lose before Christmas but looking forward to sharing the highs and lows with ye over the next few weeks.

Hi and welcome, you will get plenty of support here:) Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Big Mom

Hi folks, well weigh in wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. Weighed in at 10st & my goal weight is 9st 3lbs but I'm going to aim for 9st, so stone to lose. I'm pro pointing so, so far today it's going well. I always save points for a treat in the evening, either a Curly Wurly or packet of Velvet Crunch because if I don't each something sweet I'll end up bingeing!! Looking forward to these lbs coming off. Hope ye are all getting on wellðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I've a couple of questions for any gold members out there......

I rejoined in March but with work and travel i missed nearly 20 weeks-I went back 2 weeks ago, used the same card, I'm really close to goal so I'm wondering will I have to go to 3 more weigh ins (to make the required 5) before I can become a gold member or will they count the times I went from March/April.....what happens if I get to goal before the 5 weigh ins? I don't want to drop my goal weight any further as I don't think it's maintainable.....

When does it become free once you have reached your goal weight or once you get the gold card?

My post seems a bit long winded for a fri night but would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on it for me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Hi all, new to weight watchers. I used to do slimming world and I loved mallons gluten free sausages but I can't find any info on points online. Does anyone know the points for them? Or even the new mallons gluten free garlic and herb or leek and pepper sausages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi all, new to weight watchers. I used to do slimming world and I loved mallons gluten free sausages but I can't find any info on points online. Does anyone know the points for them? Or even the new mallons gluten free garlic and herb or leek and pepper sausages?

They are 1 pro point per sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

intouch44 wrote: »
    I've a couple of questions for any gold members out there......

I rejoined in March but with work and travel i missed nearly 20 weeks-I went back 2 weeks ago, used the same card, I'm really close to goal so I'm wondering will I have to go to 3 more weigh ins (to make the required 5) before I can become a gold member or will they count the times I went from March/April.....what happens if I get to goal before the 5 weigh ins? I don't want to drop my goal weight any further as I don't think it's maintainable.....

When does it become free once you have reached your goal weight or once you get the gold card?

My post seems a bit long winded for a fri night but would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on it for me!!!!

You have to pay again until you hit the 5lb threshold. So if your goal weight was 10 stone, you pay until you weigh in at 10 stone 5lbs. Well that's how it's worked for me in the past.

You have to pay again until you hit the 5lb threshold. So if your goal weight was 10 stone, you pay until you weigh in at 10 stone 5lbs. Well that's how it's worked for me in the past.

That is my understanding too.
    I haven't checked to see if they have changed it, but that was how it was for me also. You get the gold card when you hit your goal weight, and once you remain within 5lbs of goal weight, your W.I.s are free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Thanks for the reply tiny, I've never been a gold member, gotten ridiculously close many times but am gonna get it this time!!!

I think I might be back on track. Putting up 7lbs in 5 weeks has given me the kick up the bum that I needed. I'm back to tracking everything I eat, I did slip up and have some biscuits yesterday but I've taken them out of my weeklies. Today is a new day. I've just had a scrape of Nutella on toast with some banana and I'm heading off for a walk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Perfect. Thanks Jwacqui!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

I've been a disaster for weeks! Trying go get back on track from today. I missed my meeting but I'm going to try my best

Sweet jesus.... I just weighed at home. I'm HALF A STONE UP! I need to get myself back on track *now*

Weigh tomorrow. Went for a walk/jog today and also to the gym. Burned 778 calories total.

Weigh in tomorrow. Have to go to an evening weigh in tomorrow instead of my usual morning weigh in. Fingers crossed for a loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Seems like I'm not the only one who has fallen off the wagon, I've been a DISASTER for the past few weeks but you know what, I actually enjoyed nearly every single bite so I'm just going to move one. Back to WW tonight, slightly dreading it but at least I'll be drawing a line under it. I've been good the last few days and going back to proper sport tomorrow so it's all go :)

Good luck everyone who's getting back on the wagon and well done everyone else with the losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I lost 1kg this week!
    Delighted with myself!
    God, it really makes all the difference being at home and making my own dinners.

I lost 1kg this week!
    Delighted with myself!
    God, it really makes all the difference being at home and making my own dinners.

Well done!

I'm hoping to get to class tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing okay.

Pre-WI nerves are kicking in... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Pre-WI nerves are kicking in... :o

Don't be nervous, you will be delighted when you go to your meeting and get back into it again. I have gained another 4 or 5lbs in the last week:confused: so I have a good lot of summer weight to lose still. This week is a fresh start so go for it and hopefully there will be less of all of us in a few weeks:p

I really need to go back to my meeting tonight before i get any fatter. But i really don't want to stand up there and have a huge gain like i know i have.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I've completely fallen off the wagon the last two weeks.

I was down a half last week after eating and drinking loads so now it's like something in the back of my mind is telling me that I can do it and get away with it. Even though I know I can't!

I always seem to do the same thing with ww, I get to a certain point and I plateau then end up quitting.

Sorry for the rant everyone, I'm just feeling very annoyed with myself now that I'm repeating the same pattern!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Natmus

So I went back last week and was 5lb up, was good until Friday then went off the rails till Monday!! I was very tempted yesterday evening to sit in the sun and avoid the class but I dragged myself in. I was .5lb down…not much but I was sure I was going to be up, so I was happy enough!

I have a hen party on Saturday but fingers crossed I’ll be good until then!! I’m going to try the F&H next week, so I’ll sit down this weekend and plan my menu’s for the week and get the shopping list sorted. Fingers crossed for next Tuesday.

On the exercise side of things I did a circuit class on Monday evening & I can hardly walk since with the pain in my legs!!!!! No pain no gain isn’t that what they say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

So I went to my weigh-in yesterday and was up 2.5, I actually thought I'd be up more but it's annoying seeing as I felt so good earlier in the summer when I'd lost a bit. Anyway, back at it and I'll be back to feeling like that.

I did a 10 minute work out last night after I got back (I'm like a new convert to the cause or something :P) and it was brilliant, I can feel it today. Google Victoria's Secret 10 Minute workout and you'll find it. Felt great and it was only 10 minutes :)

Down 2lbs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

3 questions please

Are you able to juice on simple start ? Do you point it on propoints?

Do you point sugarfee chewing gum? (green extra)

Are the pots or original porridge from aldi OK for simple start? They are 50g and contain sugar/skimmed milk in the mixture.

Thanks

Pingi wrote: »
    3 questions please

Are you able to juice on Extra easy? Do you point it on propoints?

Do you point sugarfee chewing gum? (green extra)

Are the pots or original porridge from aldi OK for simple start? They are 50g and contain sugar/skimmed milk in the mixture.

Thanks

I think this is some slimming world and WeightWatchers you are asking about. Extra easy is slimming world I think..

I wouldn't point chewing gum. Those porridge pots are not ok only plain oats made yourself.

I stayed the same lady night I think it's a couple of things. I had an evening weigh in instead of morning and it's totm too.

Here's to a good loss next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Thanks! By Extra Easy I meant Simple Start and Green Extra I meant the type of chewing gum :/

Its my first week of class, the leader suggested simple start for first week but I already had the shopping done for the week with lots of stuff I thought would be good but is not on the plan. I guess I'm pointing it this week, might try simple start later.

• Advertisement

If you're not bothered to make porridge in a pot, you can put some oats in a cup or bowl cover with boiling water just slightly over the top of the oats cover it with a saucer for 3 mins, enough time to brush your hair or find what to wear and it's ready to eat

Advertisement